Captain Nemo

Licensed Lego Ideas - Support & Discussion

So with there now being two entries of Shrek's Swamp qualifying for the review stage, whats going to happen with it?

I prefer Ashnflash's model a ton as I don't see a ton of semblance to the actual Shrek's hut in the other entry. Will LEGO succumb to fan demand for the set and pick one, or do they already have something planned to coincide with the release of Shrek 5?

6 hours ago, dukesofbrickdom said:

So with there now being two entries of Shrek's Swamp qualifying for the review stage, whats going to happen with it?

I prefer Ashnflash's model a ton as I don't see a ton of semblance to the actual Shrek's hut in the other entry. Will LEGO succumb to fan demand for the set and pick one, or do they already have something planned to coincide with the release of Shrek 5?

I doubt they’d have anything planned when Shrek 5 would be years ahead in the future, if it’s even made. 

Hopefully this show of fan support convinces Lego to approve one of these sets - I wouldn’t even mind if it was downsized to be a >£100 set like the Winnie the Pooh one. 

I do wonder what happens if they approve one of the Shrek models. Would both creators get credit as well as a cut of the profits, or would they simply pick the model they prefer? :grin:

As far as I’m aware, this hasn’t occurred before. The Office set had at least two different entries, but they only picked the resubmitted version of one of them (which sucks for the other person who didn’t try again).

26 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

I do wonder what happens if they approve one of the Shrek models. Would both creators get credit as well as a cut of the profits, or would they simply pick the model they prefer? :grin:

As far as I’m aware, this hasn’t occurred before. The Office set had at least two different entries, but they only picked the resubmitted version of one of them (which sucks for the other person who didn’t try again).

Well I feel that Ashnflash should get the credit, as the other guys is nowhere near the quality of his. LEGO would completely redesign the other guys because it is not accurate.

The other guys project had been there for a while but would never have reached 10K without riding on the momentum that Ashnflash built up.

Edited by dukesofbrickdom

1 hour ago, dukesofbrickdom said:

Well I feel that Ashnflash should get the credit, as the other guys is nowhere near the quality of his. LEGO would completely redesign the other guys because it is not accurate.

The other guys project had been there for a while but would never have reached 10K without riding on the momentum that Ashnflash built up.

Found Ashnflash's alt account

6 minutes ago, PGBQW said:

Found Ashnflash's alt account

He’s right though, @Ashnflash’s model is superior :tongue: Feel free to disagree, I just think the minifigs are much better designed and the colour scheme and building techniques align a lot more with official models

1 hour ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

He’s right though, @Ashnflash’s model is superior :tongue: Feel free to disagree, I just think the minifigs are much better designed and the colour scheme and building techniques align a lot more with official models

1 hour ago, dukesofbrickdom said:

lol, he's from Canada dude, I'm from California. I'm just a supporter of his work.

Oh, I do think he's right, I just found the wording funny. No ill intent!

I love and supported both designs, so I would be happy if Lego chose either one of them. If I had to guess, I would say they would probably go with Ashnflash's because of the brighter colors. We've seen with the tree house and the medieval blacksmith how they changed them to add brighter colors, so obviously that's what they prefer.

On 1/28/2023 at 4:37 PM, BrickBob Studpants said:

Pretty sure I happened with Doctor Who, and they just picked one of the submissions and then rejected the other, and made something that wasn't like either of them.:laugh:

On the subject of lego Doctor who. I really hope that RTD2, the 60th hype and the Disney Plus deal can give Doccy Who enough of a lime light for TLG to consider makes Lego Doctor Who again. I know it's probably a pipedream but it would be a dream combination for me.

57 minutes ago, Agent Kallus said:

Pretty sure I happened with Doctor Who, and they just picked one of the submissions and then rejected the other, and made something that wasn't like either of them.:laugh:

That would seem rather unfair. If they pick one, then they should try to keep the design close to that one. If they change it completely, then they should just split between the two of them and use the best parts of each submission.

2 hours ago, Ashnflash said:

Thank you guys for the kind words 🙏 

We'll just have to wait and see. What sucks now is the wait... 

Wishing you good luck!

13 hours ago, Agent Kallus said:

https://ideas.lego.com/projects/3ffd79b5-e8ce-44a1-a0e4-d11f279f8e5b

That is the one they rejected

https://ideas.lego.com/projects/1513c917-920f-4d72-b437-f5b0bb7d684d

This is the one they accepted.

Both in the same review

https://brickset.com/sets/21304-1/Doctor-Who

And this is actual product 

Thanks for posting them, I was curious to see how they compared! I feel like if you can't get guess which submission the final product is based on, then they should probably split it between the two creators, to be fair. But maybe when they chose the second design they didn't realize they would change it so much. I'm guessing they just chose the design they wanted to start working from, and then just kept modifying it until in the end you couldn't tell which design they started from.

54 minutes ago, Portal Out said:

Oh damn they rejected the one that was gonna donate half its proceeds to the American Heart Association

I don't see how the creator of the project could have made that happen, that sounds like noble but empty talk to me. I almost think it was better to reject that one than to accept it and then have people be disappointed when half of the proceeds from the sale of the set were *not* donated to the AHA.

Edit - I actually went to the product page and read it, it's pretty clear the project creators were going to donate half of *their royalties* from the set to the AHA. That would certainly have been well within their power to do, and wouldn't have imposed any constraint on TLG.

Edited by icm

Hey guys, I posted my Hollow Knight project on this form a couple of years ago and we're finally almost at 10k! 

At the time of posting this we have less than 30 to go, so I would SUPER appreciate it if any of you guys would be willing to drop by and leave your support! Who knows, you might even be the ten thousandth :snicker:

https://ideas.lego.com/projects/66cf4c6c-8932-49af-8445-6443ca1cd6bc

webp

17 hours ago, Portal Out said:

Hey guys, I posted my Hollow Knight project on this form a couple of years ago and we're finally almost at 10k! 

At the time of posting this we have less than 30 to go, so I would SUPER appreciate it if any of you guys would be willing to drop by and leave your support! Who knows, you might even be the ten thousandth :snicker:

webp

Congrats on reaching 10K!

18 hours ago, Portal Out said:

webp

Hollow Knight is my favourite game. Great project and congrats!  Rooting for ya!

20 hours ago, Portal Out said:

Congratulations on reaching 10000 votes! Hoping you can get Lego's approval in the review!

@ubertoys it is a lovely design, but not Licensed (so doesn't belong in this topic) and having your first post on this site being self-promotion is not what we're all about.

I did exactly the same, sorry about that, I did not know.
It's maybe not be the correct topic but as a newcomer, the forum is a bit of a search.
Someone who posts a Lego Idea can otherwise become active on the forum...