Captain Nemo

Licensed Lego Ideas - Support & Discussion

That office set is pretty great. My only complaint with the set itself is that having a studded floor rather than a tiled one makes it look like a MOC, but that's jus personal preference.

Also, did anyone else notice that Jim and Ryan are using the same torso? It's not the biggest deal or anything since there are so many figs, but still a bit of a shame that they cheaped out on what's supposed to be a premium set.

6 minutes ago, Portal Out said:

Also, did anyone else notice that Jim and Ryan are using the same torso? It's not the biggest deal or anything since there are so many figs, but still a bit of a shame that they cheaped out on what's supposed to be a premium set.

Good catch. Meredith has Claire's face and Hermione's sweater lol.

They really should have used the mid legs for Angela.

Edited by strangely

Dwight's gotta be my favourite figure on the set, he looks so unique and is such a good translation of the character!

24 minutes ago, Huigberts Builds said:

Is that a new cat piece? It looks so tiny. Or has it been used before? Either way great looking set. Will definitely have to pick this one up.

It's a new-ish kitten piece. Released in some City sets, in three different colours.

I have got to say I'm chuffed they've given us the (almost) full cast - and a really fanservicey build with tons of easter eggs. I am shocked they are giving us 15 minifigs for around £100! Definite buy for me

Andy and Erin should be easy enough to MOC anyway, and I may try and find a different torso for Ryan to differentiate him from Jim. Just to add some nice touches :)

Edited by drewdotexe

The Office set looks good.

The minifigures are mixed in terms of quality IMO. I think it's just you have a group of generic office workers so it's hard to get the minifigures immediately identifiable. Just like with Friends and stuff. You could use most of the minifigures out of context and suddenly they're not "them". But what ya gunna do?

I actually thought Ryan was Gabe. Toby's hair is too big, Stanly's too. Some of them look spot on but others are just getting as close as you can get with existing LEGO pieces. Is that Dwight hair unique for the set?

The actual set looks pretty good. I'd buy it if I wasn't basically Lego-retired... It also just asks to be made bigger (the whole office) and improved. I'd have fun with that.

Looking at the set again, I think the only thing that bothers me is some of the minifigure design choices. I feel like Pam, Angela and Toby's hair pieces are kind of a miss. Angela should have had mid-legs (which I'll use when I get the set). I also dislike that only Pam was given a skirt as most of the women of the office wore skirts most of the time (I think I'll swap in some dual molded legs to correct this). Meredith utterly got the shaft here, not a single unique piece. Her likeness is pretty bad, so I'll definitely end up swapping her out.

On 7/22/2022 at 11:17 PM, strangely said:

Looking at the set again, I think the only thing that bothers me is some of the minifigure design choices. I feel like Pam, Angela and Toby's hair pieces are kind of a miss. Angela should have had mid-legs (which I'll use when I get the set). I also dislike that only Pam was given a skirt as most of the women of the office wore skirts most of the time (I think I'll swap in some dual molded legs to correct this). Meredith utterly got the shaft here, not a single unique piece. Her likeness is pretty bad, so I'll definitely end up swapping her out.

I am thinking a red-haired hair piece might fit Toby better. Going to look for a glum facial expression piece too.

For Meredith I am thinking at least a new torso; Amy Farrah Fowlers might work for me.

On 7/18/2022 at 10:21 AM, BrickG said:

I actually thought Ryan was Gabe. Toby's hair is too big, Stanly's too. Some of them look spot on but others are just getting as close as you can get with existing LEGO pieces. Is that Dwight hair unique for the set?

It is Flitwicks hairpiece but I can't tell if it's a shade lighter!

Edited by drewdotexe

Is there anyone in America who can help me? I live in Australia and it’s become really difficult to get the HFW Tallneck over here, but a family member’s going to New York for a trip soon and I’m hoping they can get one for me. Are there any American sites with good LEGO prices? What’s the cheapest way to buy the Tallneck over there at present?

10 hours ago, Fenghuang0296 said:

Is there anyone in America who can help me? I live in Australia and it’s become really difficult to get the HFW Tallneck over here, but a family member’s going to New York for a trip soon and I’m hoping they can get one for me. Are there any American sites with good LEGO prices? What’s the cheapest way to buy the Tallneck over there at present?

It's currently in stock on the American Shop at Home store, but I've literally never seen it on shelves :sceptic: 

You might get a better answer if you ask the videogame topic though:

Hi everyone,

I'd like to present my IDEAS entry Eda's Owl House featuring the Owl House from the animated Disney fantasy show of the same name.

The model shows the intriguing architecture of the magical house with the curved roof and the big stained-glass window looking like a demon eye.

This idea is for all the fans but also for everyone who likes a cool witch house model!

52388857763_584d6c284a_c_d.jpg

Here's the IDEAS link: https://ideas.lego.com/projects/4675eb19-4c5e-43c3-b5a7-ee48db822f07

On 10/15/2022 at 3:18 PM, t-brick said:

Hi everyone,

I'd like to present my IDEAS entry Eda's Owl House featuring the Owl House from the animated Disney fantasy show of the same name.

The model shows the intriguing architecture of the magical house with the curved roof and the big stained-glass window looking like a demon eye.

This idea is for all the fans but also for everyone who likes a cool witch house model!

Here's the IDEAS link: https://ideas.lego.com/projects/4675eb19-4c5e-43c3-b5a7-ee48db822f07

Awesome! I love The Owl House! Totally supporting this!

I wish The Dragon Prince Ideas project was getting more support. I know it's a boring build when the show has such great Elven architecture and Dragons, but I want it to succeed because having an official Dragon Prince theme would be amazing! 

Remember when everyone loved Lego Elves, but wished it was a minifigure theme? The Dragon Prince would totally fill that void! 

https://ideas.lego.com/projects/1f72afae-ad9f-429a-b808-edbdd7762b63

On 10/15/2022 at 3:18 PM, t-brick said:

Hi everyone,

Awesome model. I'm the guy behind the Owl House project that died at 9k supporters and i have to say this design exceeds my own in so many places!

On 11/20/2022 at 4:07 AM, Brick Cucumber said:

Awesome model. I'm the guy behind the Owl House project that died at 9k supporters and i have to say this design exceeds my own in so many places!

Thank you! Your project gained a lot of support and came so close to the goal! At least it shows there is a lot of interest for an Owl House model. Let's see how it goes with this one. :)

Hello everybody,
this is my castle wall transformable into a chessboard, it was created to participate in the Lego Ideas program, I hope you like it.
Use this link to support it: https://ideas.lego.com/projects/0accf7c1-348a-4b73-9ca6-584b7b8952b3
Here are at least 3 reasons to support this project:
1) Having one set per faction (Lion Knight, Falcons, etc ... etc ...) would please all collectors
2) The chessboard provides 16 minifigures to enrich your army
3) the King of the Lion Knights missing in set 10305 present in the set
Thank you very much :)

webp

On 10/15/2022 at 4:18 PM, t-brick said:

Hi everyone,

Looks great!

Edited by Alegrispa

On 10/15/2022 at 9:18 AM, t-brick said:

Hi everyone,

Wow, as a big owl house fan I love this

On 11/19/2022 at 9:07 PM, Brick Cucumber said:

Yeah, I’m really sorry your owl house didn’t make it, and so close to the finish line as well

On 12/8/2022 at 11:26 PM, danielbradleyy said:

Hey all! Wanted to share my Shrek 's Swamp LEGO Ideas submission! I would love to know what you think and appreciate any support/comments. 

https://ideas.lego.com/projects/fa03692d-7819-436d-b216-dfa7a21b0e81

Thanks!,

Dan :) 

I haven't watched a Shrek movie in, wow... almost a decade? But that house looks instantly recognisable. Nice job.

Dear Lego community,
I'd like to introduce my LEGOIdeas project about the 1988 fantasy classic "WILLOW". The model shows a detailed interpretation of the battle scene at castle Tir Asleen (close of the motion picture from 1988) with about 3,000 bricks used. It should unite playability and the passion for collecting and displaying.

In the meantime, more than 9,500 of were achieved - so this should also be a last call:

Thank you so much in advance and ofc I‘m very grateful for further support - as well as for discussions, suggestions and criticism. It will(ow) come true!

Willow 01 Main LegoIdeas (Logo)

Willow 07 BackV3 LEGOIdeas (Logo)

Willow 03 Minifigs (heroes) LEGOIdeas (Logo)

I just noticed that the black flame that'll likely feature in the upcoming Hocus pocus Lego Ideas set has appeared in set 80045 the 2023 Lego Monkie Kid;  Monkey King Ultra Mech