Captain Nemo

Licensed Lego Ideas - Support & Discussion

On 1/17/2022 at 8:30 AM, Legoman123 said:

I really hope we see Futurama at some point, even if it’s a one of D2C with a mini figure line like the Simpsons. 

Futurama is coming back for at least 20 new episodes in 2023 on Hulu in the USA and (most likely) Disney+ everywhere else!

Somebody needs to do sets based on Netflix's The Dragon Prince. We got Avatar; The Last Airbender sets, so The Dragon Prince could work

For those interested, I made a minidfigure-scale Alfa Romeo Giulietta (2010 edition) that also works in the 8-wide Speed Champions range. However, this is one of the only cars of such small scale that fits 4 minifigures:

webp  webp

If you'd like to see more images or support it, here's the link:

https://ideas.lego.com/projects/f575410a-2480-4cb0-afdb-98749cddf57d

Hold your breath. Make a wish. Count to three.

I have designed a Willy Wonka & the Chocolate Factory Ideas project, based on the classic 1971 film starring Gene Wilder. It is comprised of 1400 pieces, and includes many authentic (and delicious) details from the film. This includes the iconic Chocolate Room, which is complete with a fully functional Chocolate Waterfall, as well as Wonka's contract room, the factory gates, and a life-sized buildable Wonka Golden Ticket. It would also include minifigures of Mr. Willy Wonka, the five ticket winners, and an Oompa Loompa.

To see more images, click the link below, or share the project, click the link below:

https://ideas.lego.com/s/p:d52c3c68543c4e3ea066d5dc0f8c44ae

webp

webp\webp

2 hours ago, Retro Brick Reviews said:

Hold your breath. Make a wish. Count to three.

I have designed a Willy Wonka & the Chocolate Factory Ideas project, based on the classic 1971 film starring Gene Wilder. It is comprised of 1400 pieces, and includes many authentic (and delicious) details from the film. This includes the iconic Chocolate Room, which is complete with a fully functional Chocolate Waterfall, as well as Wonka's contract room, the factory gates, and a life-sized buildable Wonka Golden Ticket. It would also include minifigures of Mr. Willy Wonka, the five ticket winners, and an Oompa Loompa.

To see more images, click the link below, or share the project, click the link below:

https://ideas.lego.com/s/p:d52c3c68543c4e3ea066d5dc0f8c44ae

How funny, I just saw your project on my Instagram feed this morning. I really love it, tons of clever little techniques and the life-sized golden ticket is totally something Lego would stick in a set like this. Supported!

8 hours ago, Anonknee Muss said:

A-Frame Cabin and BTS have both been approved. Snow White has not.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CaRazBmLSqO/

Good gods, that's infuriating.

Not because it's a boyband (before y'all start; they're insanely popular worldwide, and they will sell better than those 80s things would have, be happy for fans of things you're not into, get over yourself), but because the fan design is just so ridiculously lazy and uninspired.

They didn't even bother to put some default faces on the figures.

What a slap in the face to all those builders who actually put effort into their submissions!

I've been saying this for years and I will say it again, the Ideas team needs to be replaced asap. Mind you I'm not saying "fired", I'm sure they can be shuffled around to other themes, but this just hasn't been working out for a while. We also need more transparency into the process. Ideas is supposed to be the community working with TLG, instead it's just a small group of people making baffling decision after decision.

Also not looking forward to seeing how they'll butcher the cabin, like they did with the Medival Blacksmith and The Pirate Bay before.

Edited by Alegrispa

I am so upset that Snow White isn't getting made.

I really feel like Lego has missed out on some if the real potential with the Disney license. 

It wouldn't surprise me if it was Disney that ultimately said no to the Snow White set (maybe something to do with the new Snow White live-action thing comming out or something)

7 hours ago, jonwil said:

It wouldn't surprise me if it was Disney that ultimately said no to the Snow White set (maybe something to do with the new Snow White live-action thing comming out or something)

Or  TLG designs their own set instead of following IDEAS project?

Take a look at Jurassic Park IDEA years ago - it was rejected. Then in 2019, we got T-rex Rampage set that featured the iconic gate with “Jurassic Park” logo on the top of it (minus Ford Exploerers). Then recently, we get diorama that featured the famous scene - T-rex Breakout - this time, it has two Ford Explorers. 

If LEGO were already doing their own set at the point the Ideas set came along and hit 10k, they would have rejected it the first time around rather than held it for further review.

On 3/5/2022 at 6:22 AM, Brickdream10 said:

Hi everyone!

I´m sharing with all of you my idea “LIFE!” that I have uploaded in Lego Ideas. If you like it, I would appreciate if you could support and share it.

Thank you very much!!

https://ideas.lego.com/projects/8d722535-754d-460e-b677-ef0e3fcab298

Life! (idea)ACTUALIZACIÓN 1.png

very detailed build, I'll be sure to support!

Here's my submission, based on the game "clash of clans". 

I'd love it if you would support it!

I think this year most of the ideas sets looks better and probably there’s new parts including in the set

The next round of results is coming tomorrow, anyone wanna get in some last minute guesses?

I think the Rubix Cube has a pretty strong chance since it doesn't require any specialized parts/prints, it's right in the $20-30 sweet spot, and is probably one of the single most instantly recognizable toys out there.

Gremlins also might have a chance too, but I'm not sure if the Dimensions pack sales scared them off.

Otherwise, none of the other licenses seem all too likely. Lego clearly has no interest in doing Ghibli or Zelda on Ideas (both have been rejected multiple times), Brooklyn Nine-Nine isn't popular anymore and would have to compete with The Office, Naruto seems a bit out of Lego's wheelhouse, Asterix and Moomin would be doomed to fail like Doctor Who, Stargate has fallen out of relevance, and nobody knows who Johnny 5 is anymore. Maybe Hocus Pocus is popular enough to get a set (the new trailer got a surprising amount of attention), but sadly that set is just to darn big.

Regardless, this is a super strong lineup. I'd really love it if Lego picked one of the wildcards like Asterix or Johnny 5 and surprised everyone.

I agree that I can't really see any of the licensed ideas getting through, based on past results. Not to say that they're not great models, but LEGO has other plans or doesn't want to. But as we saw with The Office, maybe something like Studio Ghibli or Avatar could make it because the timing is right for a slot in their portfolio? A Hocus Pocus set would like be too late to catch the merchandise wave from the new movie. And wasn't it already rejected a year or so ago (when it would have made much more sense to approve it, ready for release alongside the new movie)?

There are some wonderful models in the mix though. I really hope Land Ahoy makes it. And the train station Meeting Point is superb (but likely won't get through).

Playmobil are doing Naruto blind bags so I don’t see why Lego would object. Plus they both share a few licenses so it could happen. 

Avatar, Naruto, Zelda or Gremlins would all be amazing, but we all know that the Rubix Cube is the only idea coming. 

I can't see Spin Master (who own the rights) giving LEGO a license for the Rubix Cube.

31 minutes ago, jonwil said:

I can't see Spin Master (who own the rights) giving LEGO a license for the Rubix Cube.

HASBRO of all companies worked with lego on optimus prime, so all bets are off at this point. I'm not saying it'll happen, but I'm saying it's not super unlikely.

3 hours ago, DaleCooperFBI said:

Playmobil are doing Naruto blind bags so I don’t see why Lego would object. Plus they both share a few licenses so it could happen. 

Lego doesn't do anime, generally. Exo-force is a weird blip, but it wasn't licensed. (And no, Avatar is not an anime).

My guess is one or two of the non licensed ones as well as either Gremlins or Hocus Pocus (but not both). I could also see Brooklyn 99. The show's quality and viewership both tanked towards it's end, and the query eye sales might have scared lego off their "let's give every show an ideas set" spree.

Edited by Mandalorianknight

6 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

HASBRO of all companies worked with lego on optimus prime, so all bets are off at this point. I'm not saying it'll happen, but I'm saying it's not super unlikely.

The LEGO Optimus Prime is a somewhat-expensive collectors piece that doesn't compete with the Optimus Prime action figures that Hasbro puts out.

This Ideas project is a buildable working cube that would be a direct competitor to what SpinMaster makes.

Well, Hocus Pocus it is. Not terribly surprised, but the timing seems a bit off. Mostly sad that some of the other amazing ideas didn't make it. Let's hope for another Bricklink Designer Program.