Captain Nemo

Licensed Lego Ideas - Support & Discussion

2 hours ago, jonwil said:

Is wrestling of that sort something LEGO would be OK with putting in a set?

Maybe not 80s Wrestling. I could possibly see them doing something a little more modern, as the current WWE product is mainly aimed at kids.

5 hours ago, Legoman123 said:

not sure where the best place for this post is but are we getting a new friends set?

I read about that, too, a while ago. Nothing at all confirmed, but it was rumored to be Monica & Rachel's apartment.

Regards,
Mitch

On 3/24/2021 at 7:31 AM, CF Mitch said:

I read about that, too, a while ago. Nothing at all confirmed, but it was rumored to be Monica & Rachel's apartment.

Regards,
Mitch

Do you remember where that rumour started? I mean was it a reliable source or not? 

I believe it was a reliable source, yeah. I remember reading about it on IG.
Incidentally, there's some more 'news' out, about this, so :wink:

Regards,
Mitch

18 hours ago, Legoman123 said:

Do you remember where that rumour started? I mean was it a reliable source or not? 

The rumor showed up on a Lego FB group I'm a part of, I shared it here with a caution that it came from an unverifiable source. A supposed Monica fig has shown up under the usual IG # alongside a fig verified as coming from an upcoming Marvel set.

Hi,

please, let me introduce to you my LEGO Ideas project: Charlie Chaplin - Modern Times.

Check it out: https://ideas.lego.com/projects/75b74fd6-dd2d-42b5-87ff-5b7508434ece

I've made a short video too:

Please, if you like this idea, hit support button! Thank you! I would be more, than happy, if you could share your feedbacks and opinion, here or in a comment at LEGO Ideas. Thank you!

Charlie

Progress update on my LEGO Ideas project:

Kdp6_-1IjVoS5wskPvfKhq15H3wc5PIB4JldTQ8k21-hoEQFtJwFnf7VLWTLJl6AFlMSrHTJ6ML_b_8bL50-BXLqAJ2P2qS_0SuApQLlO8iLOetgxjqpBtgbBDMoUtSfx3qIV4bd

What do you guys think?

On 6/7/2021 at 9:59 PM, CreeperBrix said:

Progress update on my LEGO Ideas project:

Hide contents

Kdp6_-1IjVoS5wskPvfKhq15H3wc5PIB4JldTQ8k21-hoEQFtJwFnf7VLWTLJl6AFlMSrHTJ6ML_b_8bL50-BXLqAJ2P2qS_0SuApQLlO8iLOetgxjqpBtgbBDMoUtSfx3qIV4bd

What do you guys think?

That's a really great build so far.  What program are you using to render it?

2 hours ago, Portal Out said:

That's a really great build so far.  What program are you using to render it?

I'm using Studio, but that image is not a render. I haven't rendered it yet because there are a few colours I need to fix up in the interior.

Hi everyone,

I wanted to share my MOC: Lego Technic Wheel Tractor Scraper based on a Caterpillar brand
It uses 550 Technic pieces and has a lot of functions.
If you liked the picture please support and share with your friends the link below. There is a video on the link also

https://ideas.lego.com/projects/04556dc2-d74f-4911-807b-dbf0d3ec3a8f

444.jpg.f071df600fcaec146eb304190b61623a.jpg

Many thanks 

Edited by ChrisRodrigues

As nice as that project is, LEGO are releasing a Caterpillar bulldozer Technic set later this year which means that the above project will violate the rule about projects based on IP LEGO is already producing.

@Portal Out

Here's a rendered image of my previous idea update:

Gtl8TcxP0zYJUyp63620cOp8YA-PSo6DpEaMrbbYopXnKhazPruURPQ84Afwflg9E5tSbO-z9FQcJRZ0dVwaadWc7ojglvo9v9NKvH3UGVUonR4iTalhKZX7EILvTo73V4bLyI_K

For some reason, the "open" sign didn't render on the front window, which I'm planning on fixing.

Edited by CreeperBrix

4 hours ago, CreeperBrix said:

@Portal Out

Here's a rendered image of my previous idea update:

Reveal hidden contents

Gtl8TcxP0zYJUyp63620cOp8YA-PSo6DpEaMrbbYopXnKhazPruURPQ84Afwflg9E5tSbO-z9FQcJRZ0dVwaadWc7ojglvo9v9NKvH3UGVUonR4iTalhKZX7EILvTo73V4bLyI_K

For some reason, the "open" sign didn't render on the front window, which I'm planning on fixing.

Looks really good! I like how you got the lights to look

On 6/24/2021 at 3:25 PM, Portal Out said:

Looks really good! I like how you got the lights to look

Thanks!

So an Avatar: The Last Airbender tabletop roleplaying game started a Kickstarter today, and they reached their 50k goal in 16 minutes. They're currently sitting at 1.6 million (Update: now at 2.2). For a tabletop game.

Avatars popularity can not be understated, and this is before the Netflix show has even started filming and before Avatar Studios has given us anything. So the Ideas team now had the opportunity to make a set twice and if they chose not to do it, I hope they're kicking themselves.

But then again, we don't know wether it was their descision not to make the set, or if it was an issue with licensing, because they're still not giving us any insight into the selection process.

In recent years TLG has let me down a lot. Ideas especially.

(I'll eat some of my words it if turns out they're actually reviving the theme, still generally disappointed with the Ideas team and the direction the company is headed in as a whole)

Edited by Alegrispa

11 minutes ago, Alegrispa said:

So an Avatar: The Last Airbender tabletop roleplaying game started a Kickstarter today, and they reached their 50k goal in 16 minutes. They're currently sitting at 1.6 million. For a tabletop game.

Avatars popularity can not be understated, and this is before the Netflix show has even started filming and before Avatar Studios has given us anything. So the Ideas team now had the opportunity to make a set twice and if they chose not to do it, I hope they're kicking themselves.

But then again, we don't know wether it was their descision not to make the set, or if it was an issue with licensing, because they're still not giving us any insight into the selection process.

(I'll eat some of my words it if turns out they're actually reviving the theme, still generally disappointed with the Ideas team and the direction the company is headed in as a whole)

I saw the same thing with their Kickstarter and my mind jumped to the same place: "What is LEGO doing not reviving that license for an Ideas set?"

I have to think it's on LEGO's part, because Last Airbender and Korra merchandise is also starting to take off in the last year or two. Tons more apparel, collectibles, and decent action figure lines. So, the licensing team for Last Airbender isn't afraid to make toys right now.

I'm guessing LEGO feels burned by their initial "wave" of Last Airbender sets when the show was first on the air and they're too afraid to try again. Which is a shame, because the fandom around Last Airbender is so dramatically different than when the show first came out. All those kids who watched it are now firmly in that 18+/Adults Welcome group that LEGO is courting hard right now.

It just seems like such a no-brainer to me.

32 minutes ago, nicknack116 said:

I saw the same thing with their Kickstarter and my mind jumped to the same place: "What is LEGO doing not reviving that license for an Ideas set?"

I have to think it's on LEGO's part, because Last Airbender and Korra merchandise is also starting to take off in the last year or two. Tons more apparel, collectibles, and decent action figure lines. So, the licensing team for Last Airbender isn't afraid to make toys right now.

I'm guessing LEGO feels burned by their initial "wave" of Last Airbender sets when the show was first on the air and they're too afraid to try again. Which is a shame, because the fandom around Last Airbender is so dramatically different than when the show first came out. All those kids who watched it are now firmly in that 18+/Adults Welcome group that LEGO is courting hard right now.

It just seems like such a no-brainer to me.

Exactly!

TLG feels so incredibly out of touch lately. The pandering to adults (those ugly black boxes and "18+"), bigger and bigger sets taking up shelf-space, the lack of in-house themes, that constant push for smartphone/tablet/AR integration (which fails again and again for obvious reasons).

Many of their descisions have that marketing-school-graduate stench which belongs to those kind of people with soulless eyes who would try to sell us our own blood if given the assignment.

And despite all that, they're still growing every year. I guess it's hard to blame them if they're just going the way of the world.

Goddamn capitalism. Taking the fun out of everything.

Edited by Alegrispa

On 8/4/2021 at 11:07 AM, Alegrispa said:

So an Avatar: The Last Airbender tabletop roleplaying game started a Kickstarter today, and they reached their 50k goal in 16 minutes. They're currently sitting at 1.6 million (Update: now at 2.2). For a tabletop game.

I know that this line has been overused to heck and back, but Avatar and Lego are seriously the perfect fit. I can’t think of another IP that has as much appeal to both kids and adults, it’s massively popular, and totally aligns with the values of the Lego brand (not like that’s terribly important anymore though).

I’m super interested why they haven’t approved any of the Avatar projects yet. I can only imagine that a rival has the Nickelodeon license or something, they had to have at least tried.

I think if they have a legit reason why they wont do Avatar (e.g. can't get the license or something) they should just come out and block Avatar as an allowed project.

Same with Zelda or any other IP that keeps comming up and keeps being rejected. They don't even need to give a reason why, they just need to add that IP to the list of blocked IPs alongside all the other blocked IPs.