Captain Nemo

Licensed Lego Ideas - Support & Discussion

1 hour ago, toastergrl said:

Not sure whether the set itself appeals to me, but you know what? The guy who made that is quite nice, so he deserves the win - and it'll absolutely make a lot of people happy! ^u^

Winnie the Pooh isn't actually my cup-of-tea, but my wife is a huge obsessed fan of the brand.  As someone who likes LEGO products & happens to be married to someone who believes "its just a toy and you have enough already" I'm planning on buying my wife her very first set, I view it as a huge win for that reason alone.

10 hours ago, Falconfan1414 said:

Winnie the Pooh set was approved so we will be getting that license 

LEGO previously made Winnie-the-Pooh Duplo sets. Is anyone aware of that?

Other than that, I look forward to it!

9 hours ago, MatthewRC said:

LEGO previously made Winnie-the-Pooh Duplo sets. Is anyone aware of that?

Other than that, I look forward to it!

Completely forgot about those!!! (Duplo)

Very happy this one got chosen. New minifigures!!

omg that is truly outstanding well done I absolutely love it especially since the show was part of my childhood

this can be easily turned into a official set TLG has no excuses not to do this set

I will send the word to some rescue ranger fan sites and fan pages im part of

im still looking for the easter egg though

3 minutes ago, ZordrakLordofknightmares said:

omg that is truly outstanding well done I absolutely love it especially since the show was part of my childhood

this can be easily turned into a official set TLG has no excuses not to do this set

I will send the word to some rescue ranger fan sites and fan pages im part of

im still looking for the easter egg though

Wow, I mean I'm really pleased with these words - thank you! I loved this show as a kid and will definitely show it to my daughter in future!

I'm especially grateful for sharing this, I was looking for some fan communities but couldn't find a lot :) THANK YOU! )  

On 1/17/2020 at 10:36 AM, MatthewRC said:

Does anyone remember Dexter's Laboratory on Cartoon Network? I've designed an amazing model of Robo-Dexo 2000 from certain episodes like Let's Save the World, You Jerk! and The Big Sister.

Robo Dexo 2000 Orthogonal ViewDexter Minifigure with FlaskRobo Dexo 2000 Pilot Insert

Product idea link: LEGO Ideas - Dexter's Laboratory: Robo-Dexo 2000

360-degree rotation view video: 

I added this YouTube video to show more details of my model. I hope this is allowed.

Hey, I resubmitted my Dexter’s Laboratory product idea recently. Is it okay if I post a link to my new and resubmitted project?

10 minutes ago, 2lazeetomakeaname said:

New Pig head just leaked for Monkey Kid. They'll most likely use the same mold for Piglet

I don't really see the resemblence, but it makes sense, they haven't had exclusive molds for ideas sets and that's the closest mold currently.

13 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

I don't really see the resemblence, but it makes sense, they haven't had exclusive molds for ideas sets and that's the closest mold currently.

I imagine this is a less obvious way of indirectly making a new mold for an ideas set, unlike the steamboat willie molds

27 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Well, LEGO made a new cloth part for The Flintstones set.

https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=55342

Also, this is because the LEGO Group deemed this new cloth part necessary for that set. So anything is possible!

4 hours ago, MatthewRC said:

Well, LEGO made a new cloth part for The Flintstones set.

https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=55342

Also, this is because the LEGO Group deemed this new cloth part necessary for that set. So anything is possible!

I feel like the cloth parts are different than the plastic molds though.

4 hours ago, 2lazeetomakeaname said:

I imagine this is a less obvious way of indirectly making a new mold for an ideas set, unlike the steamboat willie molds

True. At least with this one it doesn't take up two spots on a CMF list for slight recolors of the figures!

I have been formulating a Lego Ideas project for about a week before finding out that Ideas based on currently running licenses are not accepted. I think this is a ridiculous rule and I am considerably disappointed. What is the meaning behind this?

22 minutes ago, jedisquidward said:

I have been formulating a Lego Ideas project for about a week before finding out that Ideas based on currently running licenses are not accepted. I think this is a ridiculous rule and I am considerably disappointed. What is the meaning behind this?

This rule only applies to current licensed themes that are not yet discontinued. If a recent licensed theme is discontinued (i.e. Scooby-Doo, The Simpsons), then those licenses will be re-allowed on LEGO Ideas.

Any licenses based on approved product ideas and then introduced via LEGO Ideas (Doctor Who and Adventure Time) will never be allowed again, even if the license IP is discontinued.

2 hours ago, jedisquidward said:

Acquiring licenses costs big money, and clearly sometimes its not a gamble worth taking. Especially if it’s an IP that they have already tried. As well as that it helps keep variety and imagination active. They haven’t done it just to besmirch you.

21 hours ago, RedHoodPug said:

Acquiring licenses costs big money, and clearly sometimes its not a gamble worth taking. Especially if it’s an IP that they have already tried. As well as that it helps keep variety and imagination active. They haven’t done it just to besmirch you.

To add to this, if it's a currently ongoing theme like Star Wars or Marvel, it's not allowed either, for obvious reasons.

On 1/17/2020 at 5:25 PM, Digger of Bricks said:

Here are a few Disney-inspired projects that are worth mentioning here... :classic:

resize:1600:900

Looks like someone else has thrown their own hat into the ring with another Mystery Shack submission of their own...

LEGO Ideas - Gravity Falls: Mystery Shack by JonahSutherland

resize:1600:900

Just my 2 cents’....but getting a bit tired of seeing the “building or rundown shack from <insert tv series of the month>” entries. Between the fabulous Old Fishing Store and Stranger Things (which pretty much nailed off that corner of the market), there’s not really any originality left build-wise. The phrase “inspired by” has become shorthand for derivative.

Likewise there seems to be a growing trend of lazy nostalgic license trawling and just seeing what sticks, with sets like Voltron, Flintstones, Sesame Street etc. clearly aimed at “fans” with Lego looking at return on investment rather than encouraging genuine IDEAS (the original Cusoo ethos after all).

Much prefer to see truly creative non-licensed stuff like - just a few examples - the Maze (discontinued very quickly), Working Piano (surprisingly approved but we’re in for a very long wait), Typewriter (similarly complicated but failed review) and Pursuit of Flight (for shame, Lego) but these seem more of a commercial gamble than sure-fire revenue generators, so are becoming less and less visible. Even the popular NASA space theme seems to get a free review pass on any old set these days, like the educationally worthy but oh so dull ISS.

I often wonder if IDEAS excluded all non-Lego IP submissions overnight, what we’d be left with to vote for currently. Not much I’d wager. 

It’s a sadly familiar path that has echoes elsewhere, none more so than seeing LEGO Architecture become LEGO Tourist Attractions.

Edited by Lucarex