Sign in to follow this  
GeneralNumberOne

Cancelled Lego Batman Movie 2 sets

A list just sprung up in the usual place, and while I'm not sure if it's legit, it sounds very Lego-y in terms of set selection. 

Sets:

Batmobile

Ra's Al Ghul Baby Battle

Ra's Al Ghul Ninja Lair

Riddler's Jet Heist

Nightwing vs Deathstroke

Batcave and Robin Nest

Did Deathstroke or Ra's Al Ghul appear in the movie? I don't remember them. I think literally all the minifigures that are in sets appeared in the movie at least for a split second.

I assume Baby Robin is Damian Wayne, so it would have been cool to see him on the big screen. I also wonder what the ninja figs would have looked like. Also, I'm surprised there was going to be a Batcave, as we just got one that sounds very similar like last year, and another for the first movie.

Just now, BrickG said:

Did Deathstroke or Ra's Al Ghul appear in the movie? I don't remember them. I think literally all the minifigures that are in sets appeared in the movie at least for a split second.

The thing said these were TLBM2 sets that got canned (so I think that means the movie isn't happening)

The Lego Batman Movie 2 is/was scheduled for 2022. I think it's a bit early to have cancelled sets. I know the movie rights moved to Universal like last month or something which might complicate the movie getting done but I'm not sure I've heard the movie was officially canned yet? Any links?

I know Lego Movie 2 did poorly compared to the original and they might think Lego Batman 2 would do even more poorly.

I think it could be real. The names sound like something Lego would write. It also sounds like they could be somehow connected by a movie plot and not just random set names.

If there was a Lego Batman Movie 2 we can assume there will be a Batmobil. Deathstroke is a logical choice not beeing included in the first movie. Riddler is one of the most well known characters. I see some potential if there is a new Robin (Damian i guess) and the one from the first movie becomes knightwing. Becoming the older brother and so on.

But if this list is real it's maybe a if not the reason why we didn't hear anything from the movie for a while.

The closest thing to making babies in the lego movies was holding hands until now. If Bruce now has a baby without being in a relationsship with the mother  (seems to be Damian and Talia from the amount of Ra'as in the list) - probably back from the days when he wasn't able to connect emotionally with anyone before the first TLBM... or cheated on the creepy Alienmonster it would be quite different from what we saw until now. I especially can't see something like this produced at the same time the Billion brick race privilege and gentrification movie was.

Edited by Gorilla94

As stated in the DC thread, this is highly suspicious. Someone who just created an IG account starts posting descriptions of scrapped sets (with minifigs even!) from a film that wouldn’t have come out for at least a couple of years? Plus they claim they personally worked on them, which would mean breaking several NDAs if it were true (for the sets and the alleged film itself).

Nah, that’s way too many red flags :facepalm:

Just now, Lego-Freak said:

As stated in the DC thread, this is highly suspicious. Someone who just created an IG account starts posting descriptions of scrapped sets (with minifigs even!) from a film that wouldn’t have come out for at least a couple of years? Plus they claim they personally worked on them, which would mean breaking several NDAs if it were true (for the sets and the alleged film itself).

Nah, that’s way too many red flags :facepalm:

I think Lego movies are different. Of course Lego had a short time producing for example the hobbit sets with only a few artworks avaiable. But if i understood it correctly from an Interview to tlbm1 most of the stuff like the Batmobil or eggheads Mech was actually build in the beginning. So i think, it is indeed possible.

23 minutes ago, Gorilla94 said:

I think Lego movies are different. Of course Lego had a short time producing for example the hobbit sets with only a few artworks avaiable. But if i understood it correctly from an Interview to tlbm1 most of the stuff like the Batmobil or eggheads Mech was actually build in the beginning. So i think, it is indeed possible.

Sure, but the other major red flags cannot be ignored :tongue: Never trust someone who created an account five minutes prior to presenting a big “scoop”

I’ll just state this. Lego wouldn’t have gotten this far into design process with the sets when the movie was scrapped. Plus he claims he “worked on the project”. There is 0% chance there are even slightly real