Sign in to follow this  
Franziska63

[MOC] "Messeturm" building in Frankfurt/Main, Germany

Hi all,

being my first acitivity here (beside my introduction post) I would like to show my MOC design of an iconic skyscraper here in Frankfurt, the so-called "Messeturm".

It is located close to the city entrance of the Frankfurt trade fair area, what is the reason for the building's name (German word for "trade fair" is "Messe" and "Turm" is the german word for "Tower").
The building was completed 1990 and it's architect is Chicago based Helmut Jahn, the interior concept was developed by Mattheo Thun. 
The building features an entrance foyer with a height of 15m. The overall height of the building is 257m with 64 floors. That makes the Messeturm the 2nd highest building both in Frankfurt and Germany at present.

My personal motivation for this MOC was the fact that I can see this famous building with it's iconic roof pyramid construction from my office as well as from my living room. 

Instructions for this MOC (stud.io pdf) are available for free on rebrickable.com (search for user Franziska or Messeturm).

Messturm%20Large%20%233.png

Messturm%20Large.png

IMG_20180917_1215519_2.jpg

Hope you like it :-)

Cheers,
Franziska

Edited by Franziska63
tags added

Well done. I'm not sure that the actual building looks very attractive (maybe it's nicer in real life?), but the Lego model looks good.