TechnicBrickPower

How to modify your 9v battery box to use a 9v power supply

Hi Everyone!

This is a video  made about modifying a technic battery box to use a 9v supply. Hope you like it. Subscribe to my channel if you like this kind of content.

That's a well done video, Excellent!!, and a great idea.

I'm kind of lazy I guess, I just use a 9V electric train speed regulator, part 2868b with PF extension wire.

I got my speed regulator for about $20 online. It has the previous style electric connector but the PF extension wire converts it just fine. and, as the name implies, it's electricity is adjustable + or - !!

6 hours ago, 1963maniac said:

That's a well done video, Excellent!!, and a great idea.

I'm kind of lazy I guess, I just use a 9V electric train speed regulator, part 2868b with PF extension wire.

I got my speed regulator for about $20 online. It has the previous style electric connector but the PF extension wire converts it just fine. and, as the name implies, it's electricity is adjustable + or - !!

That's a great idea.  I've been working a lot with PF and using outlets instead of batteries.  I get it - my remote controlled stuff needs batteries, but everything else in the city doesn't.  Why should lights and amusement park rides and so forth need batteries?

I've taken to using standard 9/12V connectors; I recently "fixed" my 9V train connectors (plastic deteriorated) using the PF extension cables.  I spliced in 9V connectors, and it's all very generic.  Allows you to use things this, to connect a bunch of devices (I have one of these); I also noticed this one, too, which looks interesting for a train layout (which is what I'm hoping to set up).

These are the cables I put together.  One nice thing is I was able to use white on the Winter Village layout.

The only drawback is you can't arbitrarily switch polarity, but given the kind of control you should have over PF motors, it shouldn't be all that bad.

On 1/14/2020 at 9:43 PM, JopieK said:

The yellow part is not a capacitor but a resettable fuse @TechnicBrickPower.

Hi JopieK

Thanks for pointing that out. I wasn't that confident when I said it because it didn't make much sense to have a capacitor in series LOL. Appreciate your feedback and I will get it right next time.

Regards

Rob