Hinckley

Thack Desteck—Day 7, A State of Flux

Players (in their anonymous character accounts) only please!!!

001.jpg

002.jpg

003.jpg

004.jpg

005.jpg

006.jpg

007.jpg

008.jpg

009.jpg

010.jpg

011.jpg

012.jpg

013.jpg

014.jpg

015.jpg

016.jpg

017.jpg

018.jpg

019.jpg

020.jpg

021.jpg

022.jpg

023.jpg

024.jpg

025.jpg

026.jpg

Day Seven has begun. You may not vote in the first 24 hours. The day will last precisely 72 hours.

***Characters chosen for fake-out death scenes are chosen completely at random. Their involvement in the Night scenes gives no indication of their role or affiliation. They are simply for fun, nothing more.

Rules

(Deviations from the EB standard Mafia rules are in bold blue. Modified clauses have been struck through.)

1. Each player will be given a character to play, who will be aligned with either the Town (Oceanides) or the Scum (Gorgons). To win the game, the Town must kill off all the Mafia, while the Mafia needs to kill off all of the Town, or nothing can prevent this from happening (see example role PMs below) Third-Party (neutral) characters have their own win conditions as outlined in their roles.

1a. This is an anonymous game and you may only post in your character account sent to you by the host. Be sure to check before you post that you are in your anonymous account and not in your main Eurobricks account.

1b. When communicating in private, you should not reveal you true identities to each other, either.

2. Each day you will be able to vote to lynch a player. Voting is mandatory. Voting should be done in the following format; Vote: Character. Similarly, unvoting is to be done in the format; Unvote: Character. No other format will be accepted. A majority vote is required to lynch a player. The player with the most votes will be lynched.

3. A game day will last a maximum of 72 hours. You may not vote in the first 24 hours. The day will end when a majority vote has been reached. A majority being reached will not end the day. The day will continue for the full 72 hours and any majority vote that is reached can be overturned. After the day has concluded, a night stage will commence, which will last a maximum of 48 hours. Night actions must be sent to the host in the first 24 hours of the night stage.

3.5. Players may not target the same player two nights in a row, and may not target themselves. Players may not target themselves. Unless otherwise noted in your role PM, players CAN target the same player two nights in a row.

4. The alignment of lynched players, as well as those that died during the night, will be revealed at the beginning of the following day.

5. You may not quote or pretend to quote anything sent to or from you in PM with the game host. This includes all the details of your character and role, as well as any night action results. Role claims and reporting of night action results are acceptable, but in your own words only. Do not attempt to use the structure of your role PM to your advantage. Similarly, you may not directly quote any communications that were sent to you by other players in the game. If you wish to reveal private communications, these must also be paraphrased. 

5a. The Role PM is structured for every player in this way:

Player: Your EB Profile

Character: Character name

Affiliation: Town (Oceanide) or Scum (Gorgon) or Neutral (Traveler)

Role: [Either the details of a Night Action or] Vanilla. You have no ability. Your power is in your vote! Use it wisely.

Win Condition: Either (You win when all of the Gorgons (Scum) are eliminated) or (You win when all of the Oceanides (Town) are dead, or nothing can prevent this from happening) or (Neutral's win condition)

6. Do not play the game outside the thread. Similarly, do not post out of character inside the thread; you must always play the role given to you. Game tactics and roles may only be discussed in the game thread or via PM with other players. Private discussion is done at your own risk and should be treated as part of the game.

7. If you are dead, you may not post in thread or discuss the game with any of the players. Any information you had becomes void, and may not be passed on.

8. You may not edit your posts.

9. You must post in every day thread.

10. If you encounter a problem or have a question, please contact the host via PM.

11. Violation of the above rules will result in a vote penalty of half the required majority against you on your first offense, and the death of your character on your second offense. Violation of rule 7 will have a heavier penalty, including suspension, made at the discretion of the Games Moderator. A warning will be given upon our first violation of Rule 1. Do be careful when posting to ensure you are posting from the correct account.

12. There are no hints or clues in the day/night images.

NPC

0_tellia.jpg

Queen Tellia, Ruler of Thack Desteck

0_naryyus.jpg

King Naryyus, Dead King

0_kyrrio.jpg

Kyrrio, King's Guard

0_ddewy.jpg

Ddewy, Queen's Guard

0_killer.jpg

—, Killer-for-hire

0_proochllooeros.jpg

Proochllooeros, Ocean Shaman

Characters

araveea.jpg

Araveea, Master of Music

tameekys.jpg

Tameekys, Master of Agriculture

zandder.jpg

Zandder, Master of Coral Protection

The Alive but no longer playing

luxxon.jpg

Luxxon, Master of Music—Travelermet win condition on Night Six

The Dead

ronnan.jpg

Ronnan, Master of War—Oceanidemudered on Night One

coralaaze.jpg

Coralaaze, Master of Education—Gorgonpew-pewed on Day Three

mazziko.jpg

Mazziko, Master of Labor—Oceanidemudered on Night Three

nerrio.jpg

Nerrio, Master of Public Relations—Gorgonpew-pewed on Day Four

scabowee_wah.jpg

Scabowee-wah, Master of Invertebrate Relations—Oceanidemudered on Night Four

cadd.jpg

Cadd, Special Counsel to the Queen—Oceanidepew-pewed on Day Five

marwyyn.jpg

Marwyyn, Master of Architecture—Oceanidemudered on Night Five

nancy.jpg

Nancy, Master of Coin—Oceanidemudered on Night Six

eeyara.jpg

Eeyara, Master of Negotiations—Oceanidealso mudered on Night Six

**Council titles are strictly for players to have fun with their characters.

Zandder you murderer, you will pay for this. :angry:

And you Luxxon, I don't know what your real win condition was, but obviously you lied to us all along. I should have listened to Nancy and have you lynched earlier.

It comes down to this, with just the three of us left. Obviously the Traveler saved Zandder yesterday with that scroll, otherwise we wouldn't be here right now. 

3 hours ago, Araveea said:

Zandder you murderer, you will pay for this. :angry:

Pay for what?

I said for days it was Tameekys and everyone was like "no it's not" but here we are.

57 minutes ago, Zandder said:

Pay for what?

I said for days it was Tameekys and everyone was like "no it's not" but here we are.

Would you like to explain why you thought it would be such a great idea to sacrifice yourself for Luxxon, when everyone else wanted him lynched?

3 hours ago, Tameekys said:

It comes down to this, with just the three of us left. Obviously the Traveler saved Zandder yesterday with that scroll, otherwise we wouldn't be here right now.  

Yep. That was their plan from the start, it would seem. Now let's see how Zandder explains his scheming with Luxxon.

He told me he could help us win.

That's kinda sorta true because at least we didn't mislynch yesterday... but on the other hand he's just buzzed off and really it's no different now than it would have been had we actually lynched him.

Luxxon would have lost if we'd lynched him so he basically bamboozled me into keeping him alive so he could win. Not much help to us in the end, then.

I beg to differ, had we lynched him he wouldn't have been able to lynchproof a scum, which was in his best interest. And now with everyone else dead, it's pretty clear to me who the last scum is.

It's Tameekys.

Look, Araveea, you're like Tamamono in Day Five of Belville Mafia. You are clearly town because you gave us Coralaaze. So Tameekys is going to vote for me. Are you going to vote for me and let Tameekys win, or are you going to see through her weed granny act and vote  for her so that we win?

It all hangs on you.

You don't strike me like someone who would be easily bamboozled. You were willing to sacrifice yourself, because you trusted Luxxon would bring you back from the lynched? :sceptic: Basically you trusted the Traveler more that me, who brought you Coralaaze and asked you to lynch the Traveler before he would ruin our chances of town victory.

How exactly could he have helped us? He voted against the majority of Town, he used scrolls for his own purposes, how did he manage to persuade you?

With the scrolls. I don't know what was on the scrolls aside from the one that saved me and the one Tameekys said she got yesterday and didn't pass on (of course she didn't pass it on - she wouldn't have wanted Luxxon to steal her kill).

Numerically, having him around would prevent Tameekys from outnumbering us, and the powers we could get from giving him the scrolls would help us out. Saving me prevented a mislynch which would have been bad for us.

But he tricked us, got his win, and disappeared into the sunset. So it's a moot point now.

5 hours ago, Zandder said:

He told me he could help us win.

Did you basically just admit that you're scum? It seems to me the last few posts have been you trying to make yourself appear town by saying "us" and "our team" and whatnot. I'm sure that he did tell you (the last scum) that you could win. 

Also last night my scroll was apparently stolen. I don't know what this means, maybe it has something to do with Luxxon leaving and therefore the scrolls no longer mattering that it just disappeared. 

Look, I know it's not me and that leaves the two of you. Araveea gave us Coralaaze, which of course could've been a major bus, but if that's the case so be it, fantastic play. Zandder was saved yesterday by Luxxon, presumably so the game wouldn't end and then Luxxon could win during Night Six, making a Day Seven which is what is happening right now. Zandder is convinced that I'm scum and plans on voting for me. Araveea plans on voting for Zandder, which means it's down to me and I certainly don't intend on voting for myself. Either way, the game is over at the end of today.

If Araveea is scum, like I said, excellent work keeping us duped all along. It's more likely that Zandder is scum, having communicated privately with the Traveler. The Traveler has been pretty much nothing but anti-Town most of the game, especially when he nailed Cadd on Day Five. Why a town Zandder thought he could possibly trust the Traveler after this is beyond me. Zandder, you're at least trying today, which is more than I can say for other scum put into your position, and for that I commend you. However I cannot rationalize that you, as town, would have possibly trusted the traveler. The only logical option for me is that the Traveler needed you to stay alive and probably spun you a ball of yarn about how he could help you win even though you were all alone. There's a reason that I'm alive today and it's because you've been hoping to convince Araveea that I'm scum for the past couple days, especially since she voted for me on a previous day. 

7 hours ago, Zandder said:

Numerically, having him around would prevent Tameekys from outnumbering us,

That's funny. A neutral player doesn't help town's numbers, as you probably know.

But keeping Luxxon alive only served scum purposes, as the real Oceanides realized soon enough when they were privy to Luxxon's win condition. The win condition he cared to share with us anyway. For Tameekys' benefit, Luxxon won if could bring town and scum numbers down to parity (3-3, 2-2, 1-1, whatever). He wanted Town to allow Oceanides to be lynched/killed until he fulfilled his mission, in exchange for help (with scrolls, presumably) and the guarantee that he would help Town achieve victory once we had parity (at which point, we would have completely lost control of the lynches, on top of not having night kills). :wacko: It was obvious to us that Luxxon was asking for the sacrifice of many Oceanides, and that the only way he could hope to achieve victory would be for him to find and help Gorgons.

So good riddance. I don't know how Zandder and Luxxon managed to kill two Oceanides on the same night. :wacko: That was unexpected, but it's fortunate in a way that Luxxon disappeared last night. My worst fear was that we would reach a 2-1-1 ratio (two Oceanides, one Scum and Luxxon) at which point our lynching ability would have been lost.

It's possible/probable that Luxxon lied about his win condition, because we never reached town-scum parity. We're still 2-1. Or, what worries me more, that he didn't lie about his win condition. Could Tameekys be Neutral too? Even an investigator wouldn't be able to tell the difference. Honestly I don't care at this point, as my only option is to have Zandder lynched, and hopefully this will also help fulfill Tameekys' win condition if he's not Oceanide.

Oh and Zandder, feel free to edit any posts today, no one will notice! :devil:

4 hours ago, Tameekys said:

maybe it has something to do with Luxxon leaving

duh. No Traveler, no scrolls. I don't suppose anyone received a scroll today, did they?

4 hours ago, Tameekys said:

There's a reason that I'm alive today and it's because you've been hoping to convince Araveea that I'm scum for the past couple days, especially since she voted for me on a previous day. 

I can say the same about you, buckaroo.

1 hour ago, Araveea said:

A neutral player doesn't help town's numbers, as you probably know.

Yesterday we were six with one scum and one neutral. If we had mislynched (or lynched Luxxon), we'd have been down to five, and we could reasonably expect to lose one more to bring us to four. With four people, as you say you feared, the no-lynch was in play. With five, that would have been less likely. As it happened we lost Eeyara and Nancy, plus Luxxon. So that doesn't matter anymore.

1 hour ago, Araveea said:

:wacko: It was obvious to us that Luxxon was asking for the sacrifice of many Oceanides, and that the only way he could hope to achieve victory would be for him to find and help Gorgons.

Am I supposed to apologize for not being cleared into the Cool Kids' Mermaid Club where I could hear all the gossip about Luxxon's win condition? He promised help and he snaked us.

As I said, Araveea, it's your decision. It's your funeral if you make the wrong choice (mine, too).

34 minutes ago, Zandder said:

Am I supposed to apologize for not being cleared into the Cool Kids' Mermaid Club where I could hear all the gossip about Luxxon's win condition? He promised help and he snaked us. 

Of course not. But you have no excuse of not knowing more about Luxxon's win condition if you were willing to risk your life for him. You tell us only about vague promises of him helping Town. In exchange for what? You wouldn't say. Because his win condition is not something that would explain your course of action, of course. Unless you're a Gorgon.

In exchange for preventing him from being lynched, isn't that obvious? :wall:

His win condition doesn't explain my actions because I don't know what his win condition is or was.

Honestly, I can't see how a Townie would think that sacrificing himself to save the Traveler (and therefore getting unlyched) would help town, when we weren't even going to lynch you anymore. Had you been Oceanide, we could have had you investigated last night, as the prime suspect of the day. But no, you thought you make us waste a lynch and have one more go at killing one of us at night. Two, as it turns out. A very productive night. And me going all "we need to lynch the Traveler or we are bound to loose" only helped you decide. But I didn't plan on the Traveler going away so soon, which in a way saved us. Yay Traveler. :sceptic:

Just now, Zandder said:

In exchange for preventing him from being lynched, isn't that obvious? :wall:

So he went "Please Zandder, get lynched instead of me, I promise to unlynch you and Town will be so proud of what you did! :wub: They'll never want to get rid of you again! :pir_kiss:"

Ugh, I fell asleep. :laugh: You may now vote. Let's have the day last 48 hours from this post, so I don't have to wait until 3 in the morning to conclude. Thank you.

So, now that we've voted and Zandder has disappeared, presumably to try and get out of town before he's pew-pew'd, what should we do for the next 40 hours? 

What do you think of the set design? I think Hinckley's done an amazing job with this set. Do you think he built this for the game or for another reason? And when is there going to be another Baritones game? :sing:

Vote: Zandder

EveryBraveAlaskajingle-max-1mb.gif

Can we call it a day guys?

1 hour ago, Tameekys said:

And when is there going to be another Baritones game? 

I thought it was well established that the Baritones set was long gone.

Vote Tally

Zandder: 3 (Tameekys, Araveaa, Zandder)

Currently, Zandder will be pew-pewed. An indeterminate number of hours remain in Day Seven. Please vote via PM if you would like the Day to end early. The vote must be unanimous for us to end the Day early. Thank you.

6 hours ago, Tameekys said:

2 hours ago, Araveea said:

1 hour ago, Zandder said: