Sign in to follow this  
Endgame

Heroica RPG 2.0 - Mission #0: Last Of Its Kind

OoC: 

52 minutes ago, Lord Duvors said:
  Hide contents

Sorry to do this, but the original post makes it clear that the image was purely mental. There wouldn't be anything to record.:sceptic:

The wording of the post was intentionally ambiguous, but it does allow for the image not to be simply mental. Additionally, Yelana mentioned that her visor would have detected a psychic field around the dreadnought, if one were in use, so she probably also has the capability to record psychic images to some extent. 
Emphasis mine: 

On 2/18/2020 at 5:20 PM, Endgame said:

The crystal sparkles, then outright sparks, and then lets out a low-pitched burst of white noise. As the noise reaches its nadir, the sparks form into a bright white flash, dazzling the agents and blurring their vision. In the bright haze, a brief image drifts through their minds, perhaps projected via the crystal, perhaps planted into their mind, before their synapses fire up and cause the vision to be evaporated from their minds' eye.

MM Note: This goes back to the whole thing of "I can't really let you guys invent powers on the spot/perform feats without the proper proficiency check." I know it keeps coming up, but I'm afraid you folks need to build yourself into space badasses, you can't necessarily start as one. :tongue: I simply can't condone having access to not-acquired-in-game recording/projecting technology (especially psychic field detecting one) because it gives an innate advantage others just don't have.

That being said, there's an easy write-around for this one... :wink:

The captain seems angered by whatever image Yelana was attempting to project.

QNB5zZ5.png
"I will not bother with the lies of a heretic." she hisses.

OoC: 

8 minutes ago, Endgame said:

MM Note: I simply can't condone having access to not-acquired-in-game recording/projecting technology (especially psychic field detecting one) because it gives an innate advantage others just don't have.

I have mainly been using Yelana’s visor as a way to avoid clunky exposition/descriptions, and as an in-universe explanation for game-mechanics (such as the Battle Grid). 

Dunola crushes an energy cell and fires her flamethrower at Cydonian B. “Back off!”

15 hours ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

OoC: 

The wording of the post was intentionally ambiguous, but it does allow for the image not to be simply mental. Additionally, Yelana mentioned that her visor would have detected a psychic field around the dreadnought, if one were in use, so she probably also has the capability to record psychic images to some extent. 

14 hours ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

OoC: 

I have mainly been using Yelana’s visor as a way to avoid clunky exposition/descriptions, and as an in-universe explanation for game-mechanics (such as the Battle Grid). 

Spoiler

Several things; Firstly, the quote you're citing states that the image drifts through their minds. This is a clear indication that the image is purely mental. The stuff about it possibly being projected by the crystal is a allusion to it's origins (where it comes from) not it's nature (what it is). Next, you never said explicitly that your visor could detect psychic fields. All you mentioned was something vague about 'fractal patterning'. Thirdly, as @Endgame has said, having a visor able to record psychic images despite now having it available as a starting item or purchased in game or even listed in your inventory grants you an unfair advantage over other players. And stating that you've been using it so far as an expository device isn't an excuse for attempting to use it in such a manner.

Also, the battle grid doesn't need an in-universe explanation because it doesn't exist in-universe. It's an abstraction of in-universe conditions for the benefit of the players in the same way the characters stats are. There's nothing wrong with choosing to have your character project something like a grid in combat, but you shouldn't do it just because you feel obliged to provide an explanation for the mechanics.

Edited by Lord Duvors

QNB5zZ5.png
"We fight til' the end, ornithun." the captain hisses. "The time for talk ended long ago."

Boss Fight, Round Four

Agent Turn:
>Kleeck versus Cydonian Captain: (1/1 proficiency successes + 2 weapon mod) + (0/1 skill successes + 0 armor) = (3 - 0) = 3 damage to the Cydonian Captain - the Captain falls!
>Igaz moves to D2
>Yelana versus Cydonian Cloak Trooper B: (1/2 proficiency successes + 1 weapon mod) - (0/1 skill successes + 0 armor) = (2 - 0) = 2 damage.
>Enson casts Healing Light on Kleeck: (1/2 proficiency successes) - (DC 1) = 0 HP restored.
>Tester-Three moves to B2
>Dunola crushes an Energy Cell and attacks Cydonian Cloak Trooper B: (1/1 proficiency successes + (1*2)=2 weapon mod) + (1/1 skill successes + 0 armor) = (3 - 1) = 2 damage - just enough to end it.

Kleeck dons the gazerbeam, and with one last decisive shot, does just enough to down the Captain.

QNB5zZ5.png
"Wait... No..." She says, as she hears the (anti-)life support features of her suit kick on. "I can still fight... I can... I ca-"

And with that, she draws her last breath. The suit detects her vitals flatlining, and she too is vaporized - joined by her subordinate not soon after, as all three Cydonian troopers meet their end.

All agents gain two experience for winning the battle! Please distribute the loot:

z1z0LQZ.pngz1z0LQZ.pngEnergy Cell x2

NmI0RHf.pngNmI0RHf.pngNmI0RHf.pngNanite Philter x3

9odBaSQ.png9odBaSQ.png9odBaSQ.pngPlasma Potion x3

0sCoOK1.png60 credits

Insignia Armor (+1 Elemental Defense)

Cloaking Generator

The Agents:

48966318642_892829535f_t.jpg Igaz (Goliath) 4 EXP / 6 EXP Career
300 Cycle, Male Undead
Vitality: 6/7
Strength: 2
Skill: 2 (+1 from the Samba Stalk)
Smarts: 1
Spirit: 1/1
Proficiencies: Athletics 1, Intimidation 2, Melee Weapons 2, Short Range Weapons 1
Credits: 5
Equipment: Samba Stalk (+1 Melee Kinetic Weapon, +1 Skill) Standard Plate Armor (+1 Kinetic Armor), Warding Bond (Spell)
Inventory: Plasma Potion, Standard Vibrolance (+1, Melee Kinetic Weapon), Emerald Blaster (+1, Short Range Elemental Weapon, 3 credits gained per kill), Standard Plasma Blaster (+1, Short Range Energy Weapon) Tinted Visor (+1 Energy Armor)

48966139361_407b291de0_t.jpg Kleeck (KotZ) 3 EXP / 6 EXP Career
35 cycle old, male Ornithun
Vitality: 2/5
Strength: 1
Skill: 3
Smarts: 2
Spells:
Proficiencies: Persuasion 2, Culture 1, Short Range Weapons 1, Insight 2, Deception 1, Nature 1
Credits: 60
Equipment: Gazerbeam (+2, Short Range Energy Weapon), Translator Cube, Summon Spirit Ally (Spell)
Inventory: Nanite Filter

48966140126_7e3935929e_t.jpg Ensonvilterayquis (Enson) (Lord Duvors) 2 EXP / 6 EXP Career
60 cycle old, Male Quo’ri
Vitality: 6/6
Skill: 2
Spirit: 1/3
Proficiencies: Melee Weapons 2, Medicine 1, Religion 2
Credits: 35
Equipment: Standard Void Star Hammer (+1, Melee Elemental Weapon), Healing Light (Spell), Purging Font (Spell), Quantum Transposition (Spell)
Inventory: Nanite Filter

48966319372_7ee12c7261_t.jpg Dunola (Kintobor) 2 EXP / 6 EXP Career
125 cycle old, Female Dwarf
Vitality: 5/5
Strength: 1
Skill: 1
Smarts: 1
Spirit: 0/3
Proficiencies: Arcana 4, Culture 1, Short Range Weapons 1, Engineering 1
Credits: 20
Equipment: Standard Flame Thrower (+1, Short Range Elemental Weapon), Holo-Scroll (Currently used for: Warding Bond), Tinted Visor (+1 Energy Armor) Elemental Evocation (Spell), Obfuscate (Spell), Transmutate Matter (Spell), Warding Bond (Spell)
Inventory: Energy Cell, Super Potion? x3

image.png.d71a0b846a2647368b22180582c7f090.pngTester-Three (samurai-turtle) 3 EXP / 6 EXP Career
One Cycle Old, Genderless, War Bot {Robotic}
Vitality: 4/6
Skill: 1
Proficiencies: Technology 2, Long Range Weapons 3, Piloting 1, Perception 1, Engineering 1,
Credits: 40
Equipment: Standard Arm Cannon (+1, Long Range Energy Weapon), Standard Metallic Exoskeleton (+1 Kinetic Armor), Purging Font (Spell)
Inventory: Shield Booster

image.png.d94385591287615c0e37a071d086a824.pngYelana Fennix (Classic_Spaceman) 2 EXP / 6 EXP Career

Unknown Age Human Female
Proficiencies: Deception 2, Long Range Weapons 2, Technology 2, Perception 1, Stealth 1
Credits: 20
Equipment:  Dual-Mode Sniper Rifle E (+1, Long-Range Energy Weapon), Tinted Visor (+1 Energy Armor) Obfuscate (Spell)
Inventory: Cloaking Generator, Hacking Chip, Nanite Filter, Plasma Potion, Depleted Artifact, Dual-Mode Sniper Rifle K (+1, Long-Range Kinetic Weapon)

---

The dust settles. The battle, and it seemed the mission, was over.

From the cockpit, the sound of clanking machinery can be heard, a damaged navigational droid rolling out to survey the battle scene. There were no bodies, and minimal evidence of a scuffle, but the sound of blaster fire and swinging plasma pikes was enough to let him know what went down.

cHpkTYJ.png
"So... that was that?" Kayarr had mended his arm with some jury-rigging. "You guys are something else, you know that? Those were some tough customers... But you made it through in one piece! You guys mind checking the cargo hold, making sure the egg is safe and sound? I did a scan and couldn't detect any more Cydonians, so I think we're free of stowaways."

21 minutes ago, Endgame said:

QNB5zZ5.png
"Wait... No..." She says, as she hears the (anti-)life support features of her suit kick on. "I can still fight... I can... I ca-" 

/// Not anymore. 

Tester-Three fires a couple of rounds at the "vaporizing" enemy...

29 minutes ago, Endgame said:

cHpkTYJ.png
"So... that was that?" Kayarr had mended his arm with some jury-rigging. "You guys are something else, you know that? Those were some tough customers... But you made it through in one piece! You guys mind checking the cargo hold, making sure the egg is safe and sound? I did a scan and couldn't detect any more Cydonians, so I think we're free of stowaways." 

/// Disengaging War Mode...I will double check the Egg, before I attempt to do some repairs. KR, I can try to fix some of your "damage" too, at some point. 

After all is said and done Tester-Three felt, it was more Skilled (using two point to boost "Skill"). 

Enson looked glumly at the scorch marks on the floor where the Cydonian agents had been. "How futile." he sighed, "How utterly futile." He nudged one of the fallen objects with his shoe before bending over to pick it up. "Oh well," he said, "no sense in letting this go to waste."

Enson will distribute the items thusly:

Ten Credits to all agents.

An Energy Cell each to Kleeck and Yelana.

A Nanite Filter each to Igaz, Dunola, and Tester-Three.

A Plasma Potion each to Kleeck, Enson, and Tester-Three.

The Insignia Armor to Enson.

The Cloaking Generator to Dunola.

"There," he said as he finished handing the items out, "does that seem reasonable or do you disagree with my division of the spoils?"

Edited by Lord Duvors

Igaz walks back to his seat and plops down onto it.  He looks very relaxed now.

48966318642_892829535f_t.jpg

"For a couple of elite soldiers they weren't too tough.  Guess we are pretty badass.  Hopefully we're in the clear, I'm done with Cyndonians for the day."

9 hours ago, Endgame said:

And with that, she draws her last breath. The suit detects her vitals flatlining, and she too is vaporized - joined by her subordinate not soon after, as all three Cydonian troopers meet their end.

Interesting. . . We never saw what the Cydonians actually looked like, and they must have a reason for incorporating self-destruct systems into their suits. They might be trying to hide their true nature - Non-Humans, droids, or something like that. I’ll see if I can get anything out of the debris.  
<En’kaas A’ti-Xia - A’yaalan: Ab-En’akan> [“Scan Them - Analyse: Reconstruct”] 

OoC: New Stats: 

9 hours ago, Endgame said:

image.png.d94385591287615c0e37a071d086a824.pngYelana Fennix (Classic_Spaceman) 0 EXP / 6 EXP Career

Unknown Age Human Female
Proficiencies: Deception 2, Long Range Weapons 2, Technology 2, Perception 2, Stealth 1
Credits: 30 
Equipment:  Modular Dual-Mode Sniper Rifle (+1, Long-Range Energy Weapon / +1, Long-Range Kinetic Weapon), Tinted Visor (+1 Energy Armor) Obfuscate (Spell)
Inventory: Cloaking Generator, Hacking Chip, Nanite Filter, Plasma Potion, Energy Cell, Depleted Cydonian Artifact 

Dunola nods towards Enson, accepting her share. "Thank you for the... curious device, Enson. Now, let's see about this..." Dunola raises an eyebrow looks over the cloaking device using her engineering knowledge, hoping to figure out it's capabilities.

17 hours ago, Goliath said:

"For a couple of elite soldiers they weren't too tough.  Guess we are pretty badass.  Hopefully we're in the clear, I'm done with Cyndonians for the day."

"I don't know. Once I've got this figured out, I intend to do a once over of the ship and see if anymore of Cydonian operatives are crawling about."

"Who in their right mind would wear that armor?" Kleeck looked at his loot. "I find my portion acceptable, thank you."

14 hours ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

Interesting. . . We never saw what the Cydonians actually looked like, and they must have a reason for incorporating self-destruct systems into their suits. They might be trying to hide their true nature - Non-Humans, droids, or something like that. I’ll see if I can get anything out of the debris.  

"Yelana, why would they want to hide not being human? It's not like anyone would care. In all honesty the most probable reason for installing such systems into their armor is to destroy any evidence of their presence in case of death, or to prevent enemies from acquiring their equipment. Remember, these are stealth operatives after all."

He lifted up the armor he was holding to examine it more carefully. "Admittedly these aren't the most effective devices in that regard, but they still destroy enough to maintain some degree of plausible deniability. The Cydonian leaders could easily claim this as a false flag attack and there wouldn't be enough evidence to refute it. As for why they'd want to hide their appearance," he continued, lowering the armor than refocusing his gaze on Yelana, "that's easy, fear. By hiding their appearance and preventing the populace from seeing who they are they prevent the populace from seeing them as people. Instead they become inhuman and intimidating objects to those they oppress. There's also the fact that the protection and anonymity granted by full body armor will help to make the soldiers themselves more confident in their abilities."

3 hours ago, Kintobor said:

Dunola nods towards Enson, accepting her share. "Thank you for the... curious device, Enson. Now, let's see about this..." Dunola raises an eyebrow looks over the cloaking device using her engineering knowledge, hoping to figure out it's capabilities.

"I don't know. Once I've got this figured out, I intend to do a once over of the ship and see if anymore of Cydonian operatives are crawling about."

"You're welcome. And Kayarr did say he'd already scanned to make sure there weren't any more assassins lurking about."

55 minutes ago, KotZ said:

"Who in their right mind would wear that armor?" Kleeck looked at his loot. "I find my portion acceptable, thank you."

"Well, whatever mechanisms were responsible for the destruction of the corpse seem to have been destroyed in the blast. Though I'll have to have someone look over this later to confirm that. Oh, and you're welcome."

On 2/29/2020 at 7:18 PM, Lord Duvors said:

"There," he said as he finished handing the items out, "does that seem reasonable or do you disagree with my division of the spoils?"

/// What about this "stick"

"Plasma Pike (+1 Melee Elemental Weapon)" 

Grabbing the "Pike" and spinning the thing a few times before Tester-Three dropped the "Pike". 

/// My "hands" were not design to do such things. 

16 hours ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

/// Their self destruct was weak, it only destroyed them selfs. If you are going to blow yourself up take as many things with you along the way. 

2 hours ago, KotZ said:

/// Desperation can make you do, odd things. 

2 hours ago, samurai-turtle said:

/// What about this "stick"

"Plasma Pike (+1 Melee Elemental Weapon)" 

Grabbing the "Pike" and spinning the thing a few times before Tester-Three dropped the "Pike". 

/// My "hands" were not design to do such things. 

"Hmm? Oh! Sorry, I didn't notice that at first. Yes, umm..."

Enson picked up the weapon, shifting it from hand to hand experimentally. "Well apart from me the only person here who'd want this is Igaz, and he already has an abundance of weapons." He gripped the Pike like a quarterstaff an made a few practice strikes into the air. "Honestly I'd like to keep this for myself." he said "It's just that I'm a bit unsure I should do that, given that I've already given myself this." He held the Insignia Armor in one of his other hands. "I can give the armor to someone else if you all feel it's unfair for me to have both."

On 2/29/2020 at 5:51 PM, samurai-turtle said:

/// Not anymore. 

Tester-Three fires a couple of rounds at the "vaporizing" enemy...

/// Disengaging War Mode...I will double check the Egg, before I attempt to do some repairs. KR, I can try to fix some of your "damage" too, at some point. 

After all is said and done Tester-Three felt, it was more Skilled (using two point to boost "Skill"). 

The Captain's helmet, already broken beyond repair, cracks in half from the last couple of rounds. Kayarr winces.

cHpkTYJ.png
"Goodness. And, I think I'll be fine for the return trip, but if you could help me stick this damn shoulder actuator back in when we land, I'd appreciate it."

On 2/29/2020 at 9:20 PM, Goliath said:

cHpkTYJ.png
"Badass is right. And I never want to see those faceless mugs again, too."

20 hours ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

A cursory glance at the carnage reveals that most of their personal effects, clothing, and armor was destroyed. In terms of biomass, that was almost completely gone too. In terms of evidence of an attack, all there was was some busted up pieces of armor, and a single weapon.. a weapon with no branding, no serial number, and no prints. It was an imperfect solution, but much of the evidence was quite gone.

9 hours ago, Kintobor said:

The cloaking device worked as follows:

Cloaking Generator: Grants one successful stealth or pickpocket check.

cHpkTYJ.png
"My scans said they're good as gone, but then again they stowed away in the first place. So maybe a good idea. Regardless, I'm feeling pretty safe right now! Mostly 'cause you folks clearly know what you're doing."

The spoils of a hard fought battle divided, Tester-Three and the rest of the agents move to the back of the Initum, returning to the cargo hold. They freeze, as they realize that the incubator was empty! There was no egg, only discarded shards of a...

Wait. Discarded egg shell?

From behind the incubator, a small creature emerges.

dfmqxVk.png

It was almost tadpole-esque, with a large tail and tiny legs. What set it apart was the size, the scales, the carapace, the beak... the taste, supposedly. But there it was, in the flesh, having emerged from its egg and out into the world.

The very last Sabrillo.

evA1YLc.png
"Kree... Kree..."

The infant lumbers around curiously, taking in its surroundings.

cHpkTYJ.png
"Well would you look at that... little guy popped open the incubator lid by himself. Smart little fella isn't he?"

"So, does anyone know how to take care of a newborn?" Kleeck studied the creature, fascinated with this alien lifeform.

13 hours ago, KotZ said:

"So, does anyone know how to take care of a newborn?" Kleeck studied the creature, fascinated with this alien lifeform.

Enson sat cross-legged in front of the creature, studying it. "I don't know Kleeck," he said "honestly you might be one of the better informed people here on that subject." He sat silently for a moment watching the Sabrillo flopping about. He shook his head. "Look, how about you help me have a look at this creature. Make sure it hasn't hurt itself getting out of that incubator and suchlike."

Enson will spend two skill points to increase his Medicine to two. He will then attempt a Medicine check on the Sabarillo to determine it's overall health.

Spoiler

I'd like to remind you that Kleeck has a level of proficiency in nature.

22 hours ago, KotZ said:

The little Sabrillo studies back, wriggling its tail and staring up at the Ornithun. Perhaps spotting the fact that both creatures had beaks, its starts to click his own together, seemingly content... and perhaps impressing itself upon the avian scholar.

cHpkTYJ.png
"Aww, it likes you! Miracle of life, huh?"

evA1YLc.png
"Kree! Kree kree! MMmmmmrrrreeem."

8 hours ago, Lord Duvors said:

Enson sat cross-legged in front of the creature, studying it. "I don't know Kleeck," he said "honestly you might be one of the better informed people here on that subject." He sat silently for a moment watching the Sabrillo flopping about. He shook his head. "Look, how about you help me have a look at this creature. Make sure it hasn't hurt itself getting out of that incubator and suchlike."

Enson will spend two skill points to increase his Medicine to two. He will then attempt a Medicine check on the Sabarillo to determine it's overall health.

Reveal hidden contents

I'd like to remind you that Kleeck has a level of proficiency in nature.

And when Enson sits down, the infant hops on over to him instead, nearly jumping into his arms - but contenting itself to stay just in front of him, staring up with tiny, beady eyes.

evA1YLc.png
"Kree mlem kree..."

A quick check of the little one showed that he was doing quite fine - no bumps, bruises, cuts, scrapes, or any sign of wear. The little critter was plenty healthy and plenty content.

cHpkTYJ.png
"Well, isn't this heartwarming. The thing is acting like a newborn craterhound. I think we can chalk this one up as a mission success. You promised an egg, and are coming back with a lil' sabrillo... I'd say that's pretty damn good! I have the reward credits in the glove. I can grab them for you when we land, or right now, if you'd prefer."

MM Note: We are just about wrapped up here; full ending coming tomorrow. :classic:

14 hours ago, Endgame said:

And when Enson sits down, the infant hops on over to him instead, nearly jumping into his arms - but contenting itself to stay just in front of him, staring up with tiny, beady eyes.

evA1YLc.png
"Kree mlem kree..."

A quick check of the little one showed that he was doing quite fine - no bumps, bruises, cuts, scrapes, or any sign of wear. The little critter was plenty healthy and plenty content.

Enson sighed in relief, relaxing a little now that he saw the creature was doing fine. He sat there for a moment, watching as the creature continued to stare at him.

Just watching him.

Enson shook his head, a slight smile on his face. "Oh very well, hold still." he said as he gently lifted the creature by it's midsection and hoisted it into his arms. "There," he said, "is that what you wanted?"

“Ah, the circle of life!” Dunola commented. “Let’s hope that with the Sabrillo out of its egg it won’t be going to someone’s dinner plate anytime soon.”

5 hours ago, Lord Duvors said:

Enson sighed in relief, relaxing a little now that he saw the creature was doing fine. He sat there for a moment, watching as the creature continued to stare at him.

Just watching him.

Enson shook his head, a slight smile on his face. "Oh very well, hold still." he said as he gently lifted the creature by it's midsection and hoisted it into his arms. "There," he said, "is that what you wanted?"

“Well, I wouldn’t get too attached to the cute little thing, Enron. We do need to return him to our contact.” Dunola gave a grin towards the creatures active nature. There was a sense of melancholy lingering in Dunola’s mind as she watched the last sabrillo enjoy the wonders of life, but she was happy to at least see it given a chance to do something with the opportunity given to it.

Taken by complete surprise that the Sabrillo hatched, Igaz throws himself for his and seat and kneels in front of the baby and pets it.  He was happy, hypnotized in a tranquil state of mind.  His rotten heart felt pure and rejuvenated, a sensation he has not felt in centuries.  He was at a loss of words.  He removes his helmet and speaks to the Sabrillo.

"Hey little guy, I don't know if you understand what I'm saying but I'm gonna miss you.  Getting you to here safely wasn't easy and I hope you don't forget us."

Kleeck studied the little creature. "This one will certainly grow to be big in the future." He beak turned into a smile.

On 3/3/2020 at 12:22 AM, Endgame said:

cHpkTYJ.png
"Well, isn't this heartwarming. The thing is acting like a newborn craterhound. I think we can chalk this one up as a mission success. You promised an egg, and are coming back with a lil' sabrillo... I'd say that's pretty damn good! I have the reward credits in the glove. I can grab them for you when we land, or right now, if you'd prefer

/// I don't see anything else I can do here now. KR, how about I try to fix the arm now or do you prefer later? 

On 3/3/2020 at 4:34 PM, Lord Duvors said:

Just watching him.

The little chirps of the strange reptilian as it is hoisted up indicate that is indeed exactly what it wanted.

On 3/3/2020 at 10:54 PM, Goliath said:

Taken by complete surprise that the Sabrillo hatched, Igaz throws himself for his and seat and kneels in front of the baby and pets it.  He was happy, hypnotized in a tranquil state of mind.  His rotten heart felt pure and rejuvenated, a sensation he has not felt in centuries.  He was at a loss of words.  He removes his helmet and speaks to the Sabrillo.

"Hey little guy, I don't know if you understand what I'm saying but I'm gonna miss you.  Getting you to here safely wasn't easy and I hope you don't forget us."

The little creature seemed unafraid of the unmasked Igaz. Instead, it just tilted its beak up to him.

evA1YLc.png
"Kree! Kree krolllll..."

Gibberish? Chirps of gratitude? Sounds of comprehension? Who could ever really say for sure. But it was here - alive, safe. Extant, not extinct. That is what mattered.

3 hours ago, samurai-turtle said:

/// I don't see anything else I can do here now. KR, how about I try to fix the arm now or do you prefer later? 

cHpkTYJ.png
"Eh, what the hell, I could use a hand. Why kill the good vibe and say no?"

An extra set of hands and a little know how was exactly what Kayarr needed, and his socket is popped back into place. The servos start ticking again as some function is reclaimed.

cHpkTYJ.png
"Ahhh... Yep. Much better! Let's get you guys back to home base shall we? You and the critter."

Kayarr wheels back to the cockpit, and the ship, sfa efrom any further threats, resumes its cruise through space.

HhlWfXD.png

The occupied planet shrinks down into nothingness, the sound of bells being pushed out by the cawwing and kreening of the newborn Sabrillo. A much more pleasant sound, to be sure. There was a chance the known universe would never get to hear that noise again, and yet, the seven aboard the Initium were lucky enough to be audience to it.

The ship lands in the loading dock at Heroica Station, and just outside the landing dock a certain someone was waiting for them.

DH1lYuM.png

Spiky hair, slimmish-build, not too tall, it was likely this was the party's very own...

cHpkTYJ.png
"Kyler Vannoy? In the flesh?"

U1AavTU.png
"Indeed. This is what I looklike when the holo-crystals are working." He chuckles. The GLESP representative walks to Enson, the baby in his arms, and gently takes hold of it. The little being startles for a moment, but not sensing any agitation from those around it, quickly settles back into contentment. What an easy going reptile it was.

Kyler looked down at the creature in his arms, looking like he was in wonderment.

"So healthy and so well-natured... Surprising, considering how much bouncing around its down across the galaxy. But a good surprise.

Agents? I can't thank you enough for this. You've done GLESP, and the galaxy, and especially this little Sabrillo a world of good today. Literally, for the last one."

evA1YLc.png
"Kreee!"

U1AavTU.png
"I'm happy to declare this mission an absolute success. Kayarr, do you have their reward?"

U1AavTU.png
"Sure do. 200 credits a pop, right?" The droid opens a compartment in its chassis, producing 1,200 credits worth of reward payment. 200 for each agent, as promised in the posting.

U1AavTU.png
"I'd pay double for it if I could. Thank you, agents... Your organization is true to name. You really are heroes."

And with its safety assured, the little sabrillo closes its eyes, and falls asleep... And back at home base, their objective now alive and well after so much doubt and fear, the agents knew that

THE MISSION WAS A SUCCESS!

U1AavTU.png
"You folks all take care now, you here? This is where we part ways... and you ready yourselves for the next daring adventure."

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Elsewhere...

Galactic Time 21:23
Stardate 05-008-6099

The Iconoclast cut through the atmosphere of Gnorra and began the next leg of its journey. Having officially inaugurated Gnorra into the Collective, the ship's commander - Ophaniel Jezero himself - retires from the bridge, confident that his captains could man the ship in his temporary absence. The day had been long. But overall a success.

One that had to be reported to The Great Sovereign, of course.

Ophaniel carried himself with something of an imperious aura. Tall, lean, almost domineering if he wanted to be. It was enough to make the subordinates he passed through the corridors of his flagship freeze. The Knight of Cydonia, although fair, did have a reputation for being ruthlessly efficient. One unit of Captains cease their chatter as he makes his way by.

SEOaPvw.png
"At ease, friends. We did good work today."

J3M7dHF.pngJ3M7dHF.pngJ3M7dHF.pngJ3M7dHF.png
"...Yes, Adjudicator."

Ophaniel continued his walk, inputting his keycode into one door, his fingerprint to the other, saying his passcode to the soldiers posted deep within the flagship. This particular wing was for him and his fellow Knights only... They didn't even appear in the plans for the Iconoclast. Such was the secrecy - the sacredness! - of this chamber.

It didn't look like much. Large, cylindrical, dim. A massive holo-crystal sitting in the center of the room. Everything here was jammed. Only one single may enter, and only one may leave. This room was meant to commune with one very specific individual.

Ophaniel bowed down respectfully as the holo-crystal began to glow, and the shape of his Sovereign took form above him.

SEOaPvw.png
"Lord Metatron," he began. He wasn't sure why he stuck with formalities, but here he was. He looked up, stepping backward and craning his neck to take in the sight of his leader. "We have much to discuss."

YaHC8Fn.png

"Then let us begin."

Edited by Endgame