Sign in to follow this  
Endgame

Heroica RPG 2.0 - Mission #0: Last Of Its Kind

On 2/18/2020 at 10:26 PM, samurai-turtle said:

/// We are trying to get to the space port, our business is done here and we would like to leave soon. 

lzLftRc.png
"Leaving? Your loss. Ceremony is going to be something else."

On 2/18/2020 at 11:15 PM, KotZ said:

"I don't know what that was, but I don't like it. We need to investigate when we are safe. Or at least hand it to an authority who we trust that can investigate."

Kleeck bowed to the soldier. "As my friend here said, the space port is our destination."

On 2/18/2020 at 11:30 PM, Kintobor said:

Dunola considered relating the indie she remembered to Yelana... but it could wait. Her eyes caught ahold of the crystal before it transmitted it’s vision into her head. She clutched her forehead and winced.

”Ugh, well, that was concerning. Still, we need to leave.”

Reaching the surface, Dunola looked at the Cydonian in front of the group. She put her pipe away out of respect.

”It’s like my friend here said, we’re on our way to the space port. As much as we’d enjoy staying for the parade, we must be going.”

lzLftRc.png
"Shame. You're foregoing a chance to see the High Adjudicator. But you could always listen over comm-waves on your ship, I suppose."

"If you're going back to port, main road is currently blocked off. Security reasons. You're going to want to take a left onto Epsilon, and then right past the Plenticon market. Follow the signs from there."

16 hours ago, Lord Duvors said:

Enson will attempt a religion check to see if he can recognize the image.

Enson sifts through his memories. And with some confidence, he can definitively say that... he had never seen this being in his life. Not in his studies, not in any book, not in any hologram, not in anything. This was something new. Perhaps something dangerous. But it did not have the visage of any deity Enson had heard of before. This was no known god.

On 2/19/2020 at 12:04 AM, Classic_Spaceman said:

Whoa. . . I have no idea what that is - I'll need to play it back. For nowI'm bringing the crystal with me.

Agreed - And I think I know who to contact. When we first arrived here, I talked to a Cydonian soldier about our mission. Since the Cydonians have been trying to shut the Umbra Auction down, I told him I'd inform him when we had more information. His name was 'Bailey' - If we can find him, we can turn the crystal over, along with our other intel and evidence.

Officer: As my companions have said, we're on our way back to the space port, but we do have some unfinished business here on Gnorra. Do you know a Cydonian officer named 'Bailey'? If so, please let him know that Yelana Fennix has more information - He'll know what I'm referring to. 

Yelana brings along the crystal as Tester-Three totes the egg.

lzLftRc.png
"Do you know how many soldiers are on this planet? Even more, now that the Second Armada has entered orbit. I don't know a Bailey. We're all tied up in operations right now - we can't field civilian requests. Move along."

With little other options, and the myriad masked Cydonians tied up in individual tasks (with the faceless Bailey nowhere to be seen), the party follows the directions to take them back to the Haurbo Spaceport. Sunset was turning the green skies a shade of royal purple, and the rest of the city was changing hue to match. The sound of chiming bells filled the air, layering over the quiet bustling of the Cydonians. They were productive... if not destructive and brusque. They never did see any of them unmasked. Eventually, they make it back to the spaceport...

hNbcYe5.png

lzLftRc.png
"Pass through. Cause no trouble."

They do just that. Silently, single file through the dark passage, bodies bombarded by scanners. The radiation probably wasn't healthy, but longterm studies were currently inconclusive. Plus, one of them was a robot and another one of them was dead, so...

After the scan, they proceed back to their ship. Back to the faded emerald hull of the Initium. Back to a certain lively drone.

cHpkTYJ.png
"Hey hey hey! Look who's back! One two three four five six - yep, all of you, all in one piece too."

The droid wheels out, having been tinkering with the holo-crystal. A repair kit on the floor indicated he was trying to make some fixes to the dodgy projector.

"Go team! Good work guys, seriously. You got the egg, yeah? I'll fire up the engines and get us outta here pronto."

1 hour ago, Endgame said:

cHpkTYJ.png
"Hey hey hey! Look who's back! One two three four five six - yep, all of you, all in one piece too."

The droid wheels out, having been tinkering with the holo-crystal. A repair kit on the floor indicated he was trying to make some fixes to the dodgy projector.

"Go team! Good work guys, seriously. You got the egg, yeah? I'll fire up the engines and get us outta here pronto."

"Yes, please. I'd rather not stay any longer. Just one thing though, could you please activate the communicator? There is something happening on the planet that is being broadcast and I'd rather like to catch it."

Enson would like to listen to the inauguration ceremony.

Dunola nods to the Cydonians, wanting to be away from the faceless authority figures as soon as possible.

Reaching the ship, Dunola takes out her e-pipe, only to remember Kleeck's request. "Eh, bummer." She puts it away, taking a sit in the ship.

14 minutes ago, Lord Duvors said:

"Yes, please. I'd rather not stay any longer. Just one thing though, could you please activate the communicator? There is something happening on the planet that is being broadcast and I'd rather like to catch it."

"Make that two of us." Dunola chimes in. "I'm somewhat curious to see this High Adjudicator and hear their speech myself."

3 hours ago, Endgame said:

Yelana brings along the crystal as Tester-Three totes the egg. 

cHpkTYJ.png

/// We should secure the egg before take off. 

1 hour ago, Lord Duvors said:

1 hour ago, Kintobor said:

Dunola nods to the Cydonians, wanting to be away from the faceless authority figures as soon as possible.

Reaching the ship, Dunola takes out her e-pipe, only to remember Kleeck's request. "Eh, bummer." She puts it away, taking a sit in the ship.

"Make that two of us." Dunola chimes in. "I'm somewhat curious to see this High Adjudicator and hear their speech myself."

/// I am sure it will be recorded for later viewing, it seems important enough for historical records, if we are to believe the source. 

/// Double checking with flight control for a proper take off. 

Still rather angry and frustrated, Igaz nods in agreement with Tester-Three.  He finally breaks silence.

48966318642_892829535f_t.jpg

"I don't believe we have an incubator or anything to keep the egg warm onboard our ship.  But Jek's ship does.  We should go back and take it."

7 hours ago, Lord Duvors said:

cHpkTYJ.png
"The communicator? Sure thing. I just spent some time trying to fix it, so we don't have to talk to people face-to-notface, you know? Should work at least a teensy bit better."

Kayarr flicks on the communicator, and there was only static for now. Seems like the ceremony had yet to begin.

7 hours ago, Kintobor said:

cHpkTYJ.png
"High Adjudicator? Well, doesn't he sound like a proper pompous bastard. If I had some Plenticon popcorn we could chow down and point and laugh."

6 hours ago, samurai-turtle said:

/// We should secure the egg before take off. 

/// I am sure it will be recorded for later viewing, it seems important enough for historical records, if we are to believe the source. 

/// Double checking with flight control for a proper take off. 

cHpkTYJ.png
"Good idea. This is why droids should overthrow organics! ...Joking, joking."

All of the flight controls, landing gear included, seemed to be in order.

47 minutes ago, Goliath said:

Still rather angry and frustrated, Igaz nods in agreement with Tester-Three.  He finally breaks silence.

"I don't believe we have an incubator or anything to keep the egg warm onboard our ship.  But Jek's ship does.  We should go back and take it."

cHpkTYJ.png
"To the contrary, my friend, I didn't come here unprepared. Vannoy was kind enough to lend us an incubator for the return trip, seeing as dragging those units around is hell on your back. You can pop it right in there and it'll all be good."

Final liftoff preparations are made, and the Sabrillo egg is tucked back into its incubator. It'd be alright, at least.

Soon enough, the Initium is leaving orbit, Gnorra's horizon stretching out and becoming smaller bit by bit.

HhlWfXD.png

The screen projected by the holo-crystal soon comes to life.

cHpkTYJ.png
"Ooh, shows on! Let's see what those weirdos have to say..."

eaDNqHG.png

A long sweeping shot of the Cydonian soldiers on one side of the central stage, standing opposite to the civilians now under the control of the Cydonian Collective. Somewhere off frame, the Second Fleet still hung in the air...

cHpkTYJ.png
"Bah! I didn't fix it entirely. Picture quality is still iffy. Damn..."

From beneath the stage, an elevator moves upwards, a figure in black robes being lifted to center stage. Camera drones capture his ascent, and soon, they pan out to reveal his full form.

J9X1o00.png

So this was the High Adjudicator... He strides to the center of the stage, surrounded by myriads of his own men, and even more of the Gnorran populace. For a moment, there is only the chiming of bells, melodic, loud, droning. Battle damage is evident on his clothes. A blaster burn here, a cut in his cape there. The microphone system in his helmet picked up a little bit of feedback from the steady whirrrr of his energy weapon, but eventually the Cydonian production crew catches on and filters the noise out. Leaving only the imposing figure's voice. It was deep, but not guttural or scratchy... a surprisingly casual cadence, given his appearance.

SEOaPvw.png
"Pardon the appearance today, I had only just got out of a conflict in the neighboring system. You will all be happy to know that the continued security and success of the Cydonian Collective has been yet further assured," he says, with a slight chuckle, pacing across the length of the stage and gesturing to let his audience know that, yes, he was talking to them.

"And now, to begin in earnest - Cydonians. Gnorrans. Friends and comrades and peers alike in the crowd, I have been granted a rather prestigious honor today. The honor of uniting all of us on this planet under the same banner, under the same name, under the same purpose. To welcome you, with much eagerness, to the Cydonian Collective! I am Ophaniel Jezero, High Adjudicator of the Cydonian Collective, one of the four Knights of Cydonia. You've all seen our sigil... If you're curious to know," he says, gesturing to a massive banner flowing behind him, bearing the mark of the Collective, "my office happens to be the one depicted as the second circle from the right."

"I am not the first High Adjudicator, nor will I be the last. But my predecessors and I all shared the same goal: to ensure justice across the breadth of our great Collective, and to serve our Great Sovereign dutifully. And it is by his edict I am here today to solidify the union between Gnorra and the Collective. To the Gnorran Royal Family, I extend my sincerest respect. The choice you made was most selfless, and yet even more difficult. But I am here to say that the wisest choice was made. It is the wish of myself, and my Sovereign, that this inauguration may forever guarantee the prosperity of-"

A blaster shots ring out - not from the feed, but from the ceiling! It hits the hologram crystal, shattering it.

cHpkTYJ.png
"Oh come on, I just fixed that!"

There are three metallic clangs and three puffs of dust, going from ceiling to floor, as new shapes emerge...

jLMJOF2.gif

Cydonian cloak troopers!

QNB5zZ5.png
"Drop your weapons, hands in the air!" The party recognizes the voice as the very same soldier that originally greeted them in Haurbo, now sporting armor capable of cloaking, evidently.

What would the agents do?

cHpkTYJ.png
"Good idea. This is why droids should overthrow organics! ...Joking, joking."

All of the flight controls, landing gear included, seemed to be in order. 

There are three metallic clangs and three puffs of dust, going from ceiling to floor, as new shapes emerge...

jLMJOF2.gif

Cydonian cloak troopers!

QNB5zZ5.png
"Drop your weapons, hands in the air!" The party recognizes the voice as the very same soldier that originally greeted them in Haurbo, now sporting armor capable of cloaking, evidently.

What would the agents do?

/// Yes, joking joking joking. 

/// Explain yourself's and quickly, I believe you're considered stowaways. And we would be in our rights to defend ourselves... If their was any official reason to be here you should of stop us at the space port. 

Tester-Three starts to quickly scan the rest of the ship for other intruders, as it get ready for combat. 

Edited by samurai-turtle
Spelling

Kleeck sqwaked at the blast and shattering of the screen.  "That wasn't quite necessary, if you ask me. Quite rude. Now, let's not get into a nasty situation here, let's talk it out. First, do you mind informing us what you are doing on this ship as stowaways? What authority is granting your approval for what I assume to be arrest? Do you have warrants?"

2 hours ago, Endgame said:

A blaster shots ring out - not from the feed, but from the ceiling! It hits the hologram crystal, shattering it.

cHpkTYJ.png
"Oh come on, I just fixed that!"

jLMJOF2.gif

Cydonian cloak troopers!

QNB5zZ5.png

Ooh, nice entrance - You remind me of a couple friends of mine. Not sarcasm, by the way, you really do

I’m putting my blaster down, and I suggest the rest of you do the same. We don’t want to start anything. 

47 minutes ago, samurai-turtle said:

/// Explain yourself's and quickly, I believe you considered stowaways. And we would be in our rights to defend ourselves... If their was any official reason to be here you should of stop us at the space port. 

Tester-Three: Stand down - This doesn’t need to be a fight. Everyone just stay calm

2 hours ago, Endgame said:

QNB5zZ5.png

Hi. . . What’s your name? I was fixing my visor when we first arrived on Gnorra, so we weren’t properly acquainted. I meant to tell you I like your armour - Even more, now. 
Anyway, I think I know why you’re here - You tracked the crystal, right? I tried to hand it over before we left, but the officers just hurried us along. 

I want to talk this through, so just let us know what you want, and we can reach some kind of agreement. We don’t intend to cause trouble. By the way, how do you plan on getting back to Gnorra? Teleport

Edited by Classic_Spaceman

1 hour ago, samurai-turtle said:

/// Yes, joking joking joking. 

/// Explain yourself's and quickly, I believe you're considered stowaways. And we would be in our rights to defend ourselves... If their was any official reason to be here you should of stop us at the space port. 

Tester-Three starts to quickly scan the rest of the ship for other intruders, as it get ready for combat. 

K57Lm7n.png
"Stop you at the spaceport? And cause a racket on the Planet's surface? No. Easier to deal with between planets instead. Far quieter, won't cause bad optics for the ceremony."

Tester Three's scan showed that these were the only three on board.

1 hour ago, KotZ said:

Kleeck sqwaked at the blast and shattering of the screen.  "That wasn't quite necessary, if you ask me. Quite rude. Now, let's not get into a nasty situation here, let's talk it out. First, do you mind informing us what you are doing on this ship as stowaways? What authority is granting your approval for what I assume to be arrest? Do you have warrants?"

QNB5zZ5.png
"I tend to agree, actually," says the captain, glancing at the subordinate on her left. "You did the High Adjudicator a great disservice with that blaster shot."

K57Lm7n.png
"...The error was mine."

QNB5zZ5.png
"This is something like an arrest, yes. One count of vandalizing a public shiplot, suspicion of engaging in black market dealings, and grand heresy as the final charge."

24 minutes ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

Ooh, nice entrance - You remind me of a couple friends of mine. Not sarcasm, by the way, you really do

I’m putting my blaster down, and I suggest the rest of you do the same. We don’t want to start anything. 

Tester-Three: Stand down - This doesn’t need to be a fight. Everyone just stay calm

Hi. . . What’s your name? I was fixing my visor when we first arrived on Gnorra, so we weren’t properly acquainted. I meant to tell you I like your armour - Even more, now. 
Anyway, I think I know why you’re here - You tracked the crystal, right? I tried to hand it over before we left, but the officers just hurried us along. 

I want to talk this through, so just let us know what you want, and we can reach some kind of agreement. We don’t intend to cause trouble. By the way, how do you plan on getting back to Gnorra? Teleport

QNB5zZ5.png
"My name is the least of your concerns, girl. You're smart to lay down your weapon. But you still don't understand the situation you're in."

"We have reason to believe you have glimpsed the Great Sovereign... not to mention made off with some contraband. You've already seen too much, and there's an easy way to fix that."

cHpkTYJ.png
"Listen, you whackjobs, you turn your cloaks back on and throw yourself out the airlock before I-"

The Cydonian captain levels her blaster at Kayarr and fires off a shot. The droid tries to lean out of the way, but falls to the floor, one arm smoldering. Not dead, but not far from it either... although, being a droid, bleeding out was hardly a concern.

cHpkTYJ.png
"Auuugh...!!"

QNB5zZ5.png
"We're leaving no witnesses. And then we're taking this ship back to Gnorra, and it'll be like nothing happened at all."

Edited by Endgame

5 minutes ago, Endgame said:

QNB5zZ5.png

"This is something like an arrest, yes. One count of vandalizing a public shiplot, suspicion of engaging in black market dealings, and grand heresy as the final charge."

"We have reason to believe you have glimpsed the Great Sovereign... not to mention made off with some contraband. You've already seen too much, and there's an easy way to fix that."

The Cydonian captain levels her blaster at Kayarr and fires off a shot. The droid tries to lean out of the way, but falls to the floor, one arm smoldering. Not dead, but not far from it either... although, being a droid, bleeding out was hardly a concern.

"As I asked before, do you have a warrant?" Kleeck ruffled his father in a huff. "I don't know how your cultural system works, but I would guess you have some form of warrant system. And glimpsing the Great Sovereign? We've been herely not even a day! Where would we see your leader?

"And that wasn't necessary, shooting the droid." Kleeck went to the aid of the droid pilot. "It may be a droid, but they have some sort of feelings, too." Kleeck looked at his companions. "Well, most of them. They are a highly complicated society."

20 minutes ago, Endgame said:

cHpkTYJ.png
"Listen, you whackjobs, you turn your cloaks back on and throw yourself out the airlock before I-"

cHpkTYJ.png
"Auuugh...!!"

QNB5zZ5.png
"We're leaving no witnesses. And then we're taking this ship back to Gnorra, and it'll be like nothing happened at all."

/// Do you mean that "blur" that forced it's way into our memory? 

/// KR do what you have to... 

/// Do not make a enemy out of the "Battle Collective" or whatever you lame brains call "us". Even if you somehow destroy me, ten more will come to eliminate each one of you. 

3 minutes ago, KotZ said:

"And that wasn't necessary, shooting the droid." Kleeck went to the aid of the droid pilot. "It may be a droid, but they have some sort of feelings, too." Kleeck looked at his companions. "Well, most of them. They are a highly complicated society."

/// Make it quick it is going to get messy. 

47 minutes ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

/// Pick up your weapon. They already answered our questions. They are going to eliminate us. So stop admiring them and get ready to kill them. 

Just now, samurai-turtle said:

"I'm a bird," Kleeck harrumphed. "Of course it's going to be messy,"

QNB5zZ5.png

I apologise for the situation in the shiplot. We were asked to clean out an infested ship, and things got messier than we’d anticipated. 
As for black-market dealings, our mission to Gnorra was explicitly to put a stop to an illegal auction, and to recover an object stolen and brought to Gnorra to sell. We succeeded in recovering the stolen object, and multiple organisers of the auction were killed in our doing so. We believe that most of the attendees, along with one or two of the organisers, managed to escape - However, we can provide details of the location of the auction-site, as well as of the appearances of the fugitives. 

QNB5zZ5.png
"My name is the least of your concerns, girl. You're smart to lay down your weapon. But you still don't understand the situation you're in."

Perhaps it is, but humour me. And you are correct - I don’t understand. If, by ‘the Great Sovereign’, you mean the crystal, I take full responsibility - I felt it to be too important to be left at the auction, as someone may have stolen or destroyed it after we left. I tried to turn it back over to the proper authorities, but the officers on the street were too busy to deal with us. I apologise for any disrespect or heresy that resulted, as that was the farthest from my intentions. 

QNB5zZ5.png

Um. . . Captain, is it? There aren't any witnesses even now. Look at the symbol on my armour - We keep secrets. That’s what we do - And I can assure that your secret will be kept as firmly as any of our others. 

34 minutes ago, samurai-turtle said:

/// Do not make a enemy out of the "Battle Collective" or whatever you lame brains call "us". Even if you somehow destroy me, ten more will come to eliminate each one of you. 

/// Pick up your weapon. They already answered our questions. They are going to eliminate us. So stop admiring them and get ready to kill them. 

No, Tester-Three, no - We’re not killing anyone. These people seem reasonable, so I’m sure we’ll be able to work something out. 

QNB5zZ5.png

Captain: I apologise for my companion’s indiscretion - He is programmed specifically for combat, so violence is his solution to every problem. If we can reach an agreement, there will be no need for bloodshed

Pissed as hell that there is company, Igaz calmly gets up from his seat and confronts the three trespassing Cydonian spies.  He stands in front with his friends behind him.

"Good thing you three came aboard this ship because we're going to kill you.  The last thing you three get to live with is knowing how badly you failed your High Adjudicator and your Collective."  He threatens.

Igaz equips his Samba Stalk weapon.

"Ready?"

Edited by Goliath

3 hours ago, Endgame said:

cHpkTYJ.png
"Auuugh...!!"

Enson was at Kayarr's side almost before he hit the floor, slinging the robot's remaining arm around his shoulder and helping him back up. "Barbarians." he muttered under his breath.

2 hours ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

Captain: I apologise for my companion’s indiscretion - He is programmed specifically for combat, so violence is his solution to every problem. If we can reach an agreement, there will be no need for bloodshed

As he staggered upright, feigning some difficulty helping Kayarr right himself, Enson reached out a hand to to touch Yelana's arm. "Yelana," he said, leaning towards her and whispering so no-one else could hear, "these are not police officers, these are state security agents. They do not care about reasonable arguments or due process and they certainly do not care about avoiding bloodshed."

Dunola raises an eyebrow. She was initially irritated that the spies stopped the speech of their leader short, but her mood quickly formed into one of moodiness. "Laid eyes upon the Great Sovereign? Ah, that artifact back at the auction house was some holy relic then if the crime for viewing your sovereign is heresy. If it means anything, the image was really, really fuzzy. It was more like a scrambled glimpse than a full view." Dunola proceeded to furrow her brow when the captain fired a shot of at the robot. "And that was rude." Dunola's voice got raspy with anger. 

15 hours ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

No, Tester-Three, no - We’re not killing anyone. These people seem reasonable, so I’m sure we’ll be able to work something out. 

"Nah, I think we're killing someone." Dunola remarked, backing up Tester-Three.

Kayarr stands with Enson's help. He was still operational, but his voice modulator sounded damage.

cHpkTYJ.png
"Th-thank you, Enson. That was... you're a real pal, you know that? Please... Show these clangers a thing or two! I'll hobble into the cockpit, make sure we don't crash into an asteroid..."

The droid starts to slip away towards the cockpit as the confrontation in the holodeck room unfolds.

Igaz's attempt at intimidation merely bounces off the masked woman's ego.

QNB5zZ5.png
"Battle collective? Intimidation? Info? It matters not to us. A blur, a glimpse, a snapshot... Grand heresy remains grand heresy. What you've seen cannot be reversed. We Cydonians don't believe in memory wipes. In mind control. In torturing. So, for this crime, by the power of the High Adjudicator, we grant you one sentence and one sentence alone..."

The captain takes the plasma pike off her back. She does not flourish it. She does not spin or twirl. She just holds it with intense purpose. She knew how to use that thing.

"Death!"

Prepare for the Final Battle!

UfKm3n0.png

Agent Turn Order:
Kleeck (just so you are aware, I gave you the Nature proficinecy as requested, but it is still not high eneough level to cast Summon Ally. :blush: )
Igaz
Yelana
Enson
Tester-Three
Dunola

Enemy Turn Order:
Cloak Trooper A
Captain
Cloak Trooper B

The Enemy Party:

QNB5zZ5.png "For the Collective."
Cydonian Captain
Vitality:
16/16
Strength: 2
Skill: 1
Smarts: 3
Spirit: 2/2
Proficiencies: Short Range Weapons 1, Melee Weapons 4, Religion 4, Insight 1, Athletics 2, Stealth 5
Equipment: Plasma Pike (+1 Melee Elemental Weapon), Warding Bond (Spell), Navy Armor (+1 Kinetic Defense)
Inventory: Energy Cell, Energy Pistol (+1 Short Range Energy Weapon)
Drops: Plasma Pike (+1 Melee Elemental Weapon), Nanite Philter x3, Plasma Potion x3

K57Lm7n.png "Fall!"
Cydonian Cloak Trooper A
Vitality:
9/9
Strength: 1
Smarts: 2
Spirit: 3/3
Proficiencies: Artillery 3, Religion 3, Stealth 4
Equipment: Lob Cannon (+1 Artillery Energy Weapon), Insignia Armor (+1 Elemental Defense), Quantum Transposition (Spell)
Drops: Insignia Armor (+1 Elemental Defense), 60 credits

K57Lm7n.png "You know too much."
Cydonian Cloak Trooper B
Vitality:
9/9
Proficiencies: Short Range Weapons 1, Melee Weapons 2, Religion 5, Stealth 4
Equipment: Stock Gun (+1 Short Range Kinetic Weapon), Cydonian Armor (+1 Energy Defense), Quantum Transposition (Spell)
Inventory: Energy Cell x4, Plasma Potion x2, Cydonian Dagger (+1 Melee Range Kinetic Weapon),
Drops: Cloaking Generator, remaining Energy Cells in inventory

The Agents:

48966318642_892829535f_t.jpg Igaz (Goliath) 2 EXP / 4 EXP Career
300 Cycle, Male Undead
Vitality: 6/7
Skill: 2 (+1 from the Samba Stalk)
Smarts: 1
Spirit: 1/1
Proficiencies: Athletics 1, Intimidation 2, Melee Weapons 2, Short Range Weapons 1
Credits: 5
Equipment: Samba Stalk (+1 Melee Kinetic Weapon, +1 Skill) Standard Plate Armor (+1 Kinetic Armor), Warding Bond (Spell)
Inventory: Shield Booster, Plasma Potion, Standard Vibrolance (+1, Melee Kinetic Weapon), Emerald Blaster (+1, Short Range Elemental Weapon, 3 credits gained per kill), Standard Plasma Blaster (+1, Short Range Energy Weapon) Tinted Visor (+1 Energy Armor)

48966139361_407b291de0_t.jpg Kleeck (KotZ) 1 EXP / 4 EXP Career
35 cycle old, male Ornithun
Vitality: 5/5
Skill: 3
Spells:
Proficiencies: Persuasion 2, Culture 1, Short Range Weapons 1, Insight 2, Deception 1, Nature 1
Credits: 60
Equipment: Gazerbeam (+2, Short Range Energy Weapon), Translator Cube, Summon Spirit Ally (Spell)
Inventory: Nanite Filter

48966140126_7e3935929e_t.jpg Ensonvilterayquis (Enson) (Lord Duvors) 0 EXP / 4 EXP Career
60 cycle old, Male Quo’ri
Vitality: 6/6
Skill: 2
Proficiencies: Melee Weapons 2, Medicine 1, Religion 2
Credits: 35
Equipment: Standard Void Star Hammer (+1, Melee Elemental Weapon), Healing Light (Spell), Purging Font (Spell)
Inventory: Nanite Filter, Energy Cell

48966319372_7ee12c7261_t.jpg Dunola (Kintobor) 0 EXP / 4 EXP Career
125 cycle old, Female Dwarf
Smarts: 1
Spirit: 1/3
Proficiencies: Arcana 4, Culture 1, Short Range Weapons 1, Engineering 1
Credits: 20
Equipment: Standard Flame Thrower (+1, Short Range Elemental Weapon), Holo-Scroll (Currently used for: Warding Bond), Tinted Visor (+1 Energy Armor) Elemental Evocation (Spell), Obfuscate (Spell), Transmutate Matter (Spell), Warding Bond (Spell)
Inventory: Energy Cell x2, Super Potion? x3

image.png.d71a0b846a2647368b22180582c7f090.pngTester-Three (samurai-turtle) 1 EXP / 4 EXP Career
One Cycle Old, Genderless, War Bot {Robotic}
Vitality: 5/6
Proficiencies: Technology 2, Long Range Weapons 3, Piloting 1, Perception 1, Engineering 1,
Credits: 40
Equipment: Standard Arm Cannon (+1, Long Range Energy Weapon), Standard Metallic Exoskeleton (+1 Kinetic Armor), Purging Font (Spell)
Inventory: Shield Booster, Plasma Potion

image.png.d94385591287615c0e37a071d086a824.pngYelana Fennix (Classic_Spaceman) 0 EXP / 4 EXP Career

Unknown Age Human Female
Vitality: 5/6
Proficiencies: Deception 2, Long Range Weapons 2, Technology 2, Perception 1, Stealth 1
Equipment:  Dual-Mode Sniper Rifle E (+1, Long-Range Energy Weapon), Tinted Visor (+1 Energy Armor) Obfuscate (Spell)
Inventory: Cloaking Generator, Hacking Chip, Nanite Filter, Plasma Potion, Depleted Artifact, Dual-Mode Sniper Rifle K (+1, Long-Range Kinetic Weapon),

Edited by Endgame

/// Engaging War Mode. 

The swishing eyes change to a Violet from their usual Yellow color. The next thing a couple of plates from it's exoskeleton shifted mostly from it's shins, forarms and shoulders. Revealing what appears to be "new" weapons but... 

/// Firing Rocket payload...

Their was a problem, sparks only came out of the "shoulder rocket launcher"...

/// Warning, warning, warning initial damage report was incomplete, new diagnostics is required... 

If anyone was paying attention even it's main "weapon arm" seemed to have a different look...

/// Primary weapon is completely undamaged. I will have to solely rely on it. 

Then parts of it stared to "glow" as something was powering up. 

/// Targets locked on. Exterminate with extreme prejudiced. 

Takes position B1 fires at "Captain". 

Edited by samurai-turtle
Add a comment

Igaz takes position at D1 and attacks Trooper A.

Edited by Goliath

Kleeck goes to B6 and attacks the Captain. "I really wish we didn't have to do this. At least we're not fighting a mecha-dragon."

MM Note: Retooled equipment lists to make sure everything made more sense. Make sure you know what weapons the enemies are currently packing, and let me know if I botched something in your stats sheet!

MM Note: Let's get this boss fight rolling! :classic:

Boss Fight, Round One

Agent Turn:
>Kleeck versus Cydonian Captain: (0/1 proficiency successes + 2 weapon mod) - (0/1 skill successes + 0 armor) = (2 - 0) = 2 damage
>Igaz versus Cydonian Cloak Trooper A: (2/2 proficiency successes + 1 weapon mod) - (0/1 skill successes + 0 armor) = (3 - 0) = 3 damage
>Yelana versus Cydonian Captain: (2/2 proficiency successes + 1 weapon mod) - (1/1 skill successes + 0 armor) = (3 - 1) = 2 damage
>Enson versus Cydonian Trooper A:  (2/2 proficiency successes + 1 weapon mod) - (0/1 skill successes + 1 armor) = (3 - 1) = 2 damage
>Tester-Three versus Cydonian Captain: (2/2 proficiency successes + 1 weapon mod) - (0/1 skill successes + 0 armor) = (3 - 0) = 3 damage
>Dunola casts Warding Bond on Kleeck: (3/4 proficiency successes) - (DC 1) = (3 - 1) = 2 armor mod granted to Kleeck

Enemy Turn:
>Cloak Trooper A casts Quantum Transposition on Cydonian Captain to move her to C2: (2/3 proficiency successes) - (DC 1) = 1 over the DC... the teleportation spell is successful.
>Cydonian Captain uses an Energy Cell and strikes as Tester-Three: (4/4 proficiency successes + (1*2) = 2 weapon mod) - (2/2 skill successes + 0 armor) =  (6 - 2) = 4 damage
>Cloak Trooper B uses an Energy Cell and shoots Yelana: (0/2 proficiency successes + (1*2) = 2 weapon mod) - (1/2 skill successes + 0 armor) = 1 damage

The agents release a furious offense. It starts when Kleeck shoots a laser at the Cydonian Captain, causing her to let out a grunt of pain. She watches as Igaz runs his lance through the artillery trooper, only to catch a blaster bolt from Yelana. The artillery trooper finds himself further victimized by Enson, and Tester-Three blasts the Captain for a good chunk of damage. Dunola casts a spell that hardens Kleeck's defenses, making the Ornithun one of the toughest combatants on the battlefield.

It's at that moment the Cydonians put their own strategy into effect. The artillery trooper, bruised and surrounded, casts Quantum Transposition. The captain crushes a red energy cell in her palm as she fades into the ether - and a moment later, she manifests, charging forward and impaling the warmode Tester-Three with her plasma pike. The hit is nearly enough to down the warbot, but he stays on his feet. The other trooper also bursts an Energy Cell, and although his aim was off, it was enough to get a glancing shot on Yelana.

Now standing in the middle of Tester-Three, Igaz, and Enson, the Captain enters her stance, gripping her plasma pike with two hands.

The Battle Grid:

0DbAick.png

QNB5zZ5.png
"You three... Would you care to dance?" she laughs, looking ready to lash out again.

The Enemy Party:

QNB5zZ5.png "None shall escape!"
Cydonian Captain
Vitality:
8/16
Smarts: 3
Proficiencies: Short Range Weapons 1, Melee Weapons 4, Religion 4, Insight 1, Athletics 2, Stealth 5
Equipment: Plasma Pike (+1 Melee Elemental Weapon), Warding Bond (Spell), Navy Armor (+1 Kinetic Defense)
Inventory: Energy Cell, Energy Pistol (+1 Short Range Energy Weapon)
Drops: Plasma Pike (+1 Melee Elemental Weapon), Nanite Philter x3, Plasma Potion x3

K57Lm7n.png "Grrrnnn..."
Cydonian Cloak Trooper A
Vitality:
4/9
Spirit: 2/3
Proficiencies: Artillery 3, Religion 3, Stealth 4
Equipment: Lob Cannon (+1 Artillery Energy Weapon), Insignia Armor (+1 Elemental Defense), Quantum Transposition (Spell)
Drops: Insignia Armor (+1 Elemental Defense), 60 credits

K57Lm7n.png "Bring it on."
Cydonian Cloak Trooper B
Vitality:
9/9
Proficiencies: Short Range Weapons 1, Melee Weapons 2, Religion 5, Stealth 4
Equipment: Stock Gun (+1 Short Range Kinetic Weapon), Cydonian Armor (+1 Energy Defense), Quantum Transposition (Spell)
Inventory: Energy Cell x3, Plasma Potion x2, Cydonian Dagger (+1 Melee Range Kinetic Weapon),
Drops: Cloaking Generator, remaining Energy Cells in inventory

The Agents:

48966318642_892829535f_t.jpg Igaz (Goliath) 2 EXP / 4 EXP Career
300 Cycle, Male Undead
Vitality: 6/7
Skill: 2 (+1 from the Samba Stalk)
Smarts: 1
Proficiencies: Athletics 1, Intimidation 2, Melee Weapons 2, Short Range Weapons 1
Credits: 5
Equipment: Samba Stalk (+1 Melee Kinetic Weapon, +1 Skill) Standard Plate Armor (+1 Kinetic Armor), Warding Bond (Spell)
Inventory: Shield Booster, Plasma Potion, Standard Vibrolance (+1, Melee Kinetic Weapon), Emerald Blaster (+1, Short Range Elemental Weapon, 3 credits gained per kill), Standard Plasma Blaster (+1, Short Range Energy Weapon) Tinted Visor (+1 Energy Armor)

48966139361_407b291de0_t.jpg Kleeck (KotZ) 1 EXP / 4 EXP Career *+2 armor, one attack*
35 cycle old, male Ornithun
Skill: 3
Spells:
Proficiencies: Persuasion 2, Culture 1, Short Range Weapons 1, Insight 2, Deception 1, Nature 1
Credits: 60
Equipment: Gazerbeam (+2, Short Range Energy Weapon), Translator Cube, Summon Spirit Ally (Spell)
Inventory: Nanite Filter

48966140126_7e3935929e_t.jpg Ensonvilterayquis (Enson) (Lord Duvors) 0 EXP / 4 EXP Career
60 cycle old, Male Quo’ri
Vitality: 6/6
Proficiencies: Melee Weapons 2, Medicine 1, Religion 2
Credits: 35
Equipment: Standard Void Star Hammer (+1, Melee Elemental Weapon), Healing Light (Spell), Purging Font (Spell), Quantum Transposition (Spell)
Inventory: Nanite Filter, Energy Cell

48966319372_7ee12c7261_t.jpg Dunola (Kintobor) 0 EXP / 4 EXP Career
125 cycle old, Female Dwarf
Smarts: 1
Spirit: 2/3
Proficiencies: Arcana 4, Culture 1, Short Range Weapons 1, Engineering 1
Equipment: Standard Flame Thrower (+1, Short Range Elemental Weapon), Holo-Scroll (Currently used for: Warding Bond), Tinted Visor (+1 Energy Armor) Elemental Evocation (Spell), Obfuscate (Spell), Transmutate Matter (Spell), Warding Bond (Spell)
Inventory: Energy Cell x2, Super Potion? x3

image.png.d71a0b846a2647368b22180582c7f090.pngTester-Three (samurai-turtle) 1 EXP / 4 EXP Career
One Cycle Old, Genderless, War Bot {Robotic}
Vitality: 1/6
Proficiencies: Technology 2, Long Range Weapons 3, Piloting 1, Perception 1, Engineering 1,
Credits: 40
Equipment: Standard Arm Cannon (+1, Long Range Energy Weapon), Standard Metallic Exoskeleton (+1 Kinetic Armor), Purging Font (Spell)
Inventory: Shield Booster, Plasma Potion

image.png.d94385591287615c0e37a071d086a824.pngYelana Fennix (Classic_Spaceman) 0 EXP / 4 EXP Career

Unknown Age Human Female
Vitality: 4/6
Proficiencies: Deception 2, Long Range Weapons 2, Technology 2, Perception 1, Stealth 1
Equipment:  Dual-Mode Sniper Rifle E (+1, Long-Range Energy Weapon), Tinted Visor (+1 Energy Armor) Obfuscate (Spell)
Inventory: Cloaking Generator, Hacking Chip, Nanite Filter, Plasma Potion, Depleted Artifact, Dual-Mode Sniper Rifle K (+1, Long-Range Kinetic Weapon),

Edited by Endgame