Sign in to follow this  
Endgame

Heroica RPG 2.0 - Mission #0: Last Of Its Kind

13 hours ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

You seem to hate Vannoy - Why? Was he opposing workers' rights - I saw that four-chevron insignia on your ship - or is it something else? If you want the Sabrillo to be eradicated, why did you take the job at GLESP to begin with? Just to steal the egg? 

Ah! Getting pissed now. . . 
You're running low on options, Jek, but we can still make a deal - Tell me something useful

Enson: Target that drone, and let me handle Jek
Last chance. . .

OZp0PfN.png
"I took a job with GLESP because I needed credits. I thought I'd be taking care of the animals... not cleaning up all of their crap out of all the animal pens! Vannoy thought he could just pin all the dirty work on me and leave me to do it. So screw him, screw the egg, and screw your plea deal."

9 hours ago, Endgame said:

OZp0PfN.png
"I took a job with GLESP because I needed credits. I thought I'd be taking care of the animals... not cleaning up all of their crap out of all the animal pens! Vannoy thought he could just pin all the dirty work on me and leave me to do it. So screw him, screw the egg, and screw your plea deal."

"So the Sabrillo, who has never done anything to anyone good or bad, deserves to die because you're angry at your employer for paying you to engage in standard animal care activities?"

Enson shook his head. He wanted to tell Jek there were other, less childish, ways of dealing with dissatisfaction with one's job, like going on strike. He even had a pithy quote about how one shouldn't accept employment as a stablehand if they're now prepared to shovel dung every day. But at this point he was too tired of arguing with people to want to say anything. He took the brief moment he had to consider what to do. He had intended to attack the robot even before Yelana had thought to order him to, but now he was starting to think different. Jek was a petty idiot who was angry with the world for it's perceived unfairness who had by chance been in the perfect position for his final outburst to actually have major repercussions, but he didn't deserve to die for it.

Still, he'd have to ask Vannoy about the working conditions at GLESP later.

Enson will attempt to knock Jek unconscious.

10 hours ago, Kintobor said:

Dunola moves to D5, roasting the Kibosh Droid with her flamer.

MM Note: Movement and attacking is considered two separate actions - I'll move you to D5 and let you attack if you get the chance.

Next round coming very, very soon!

On 2/12/2020 at 9:18 AM, Endgame said:

OZp0PfN.png

<Na’l-A’tel
Wrong move, Jek. We can find the egg without your help - It just would’ve been easier if you’d cooperated
<Gar’A’ti Ba-Gat’a> [“Target Locked”]

Edited by Classic_Spaceman

Round Four of the Umbra Rumble

Agent Turn:
>Kleeck moves to B3
>Igaz moves to A3
>Enson versus Jek: (1/2 proficiency successes + 1 weapon mod) - (0/0 skill successes + 0 armor) = (2 - 0) = 2 damage to Jek
>Yelana versus Jek: (0/2 proficiency successes + 1 weapon mod) - (0/0 skill successes + 0 armor) = (1 - 0) = 1 damage to Jek; Jek goes down!
>Dunola moves to D5:
>Tester-Three versus Kibosh Drone B: (1/2 proficiency successes + 1 weapon mod) - (0/1 skill successes + 0 armor) = (2 - 0) = 2 damage to Kibosh Drone B

Enemy Turn:
>Kibosh Drone B versus Igaz: (0/1 proficiency successes + 1 weapon mod) - (2/2 skill successes + 0 armor) = (1 - 2) = 0 damage to Igaz

Round Five of the Umbra Rumble:

Agent Turn:
>Kleeck versus Kibosh Drone B: (1/1 proficiency successes + 2 weapon mod) - (1/1 skill successes + 0 armor) = (3 - 1) = 2 damage - Kibosh Drone B is junked!

The party wraps up the encounter. A glancing bullet to Jek's shoulder causes the Fangreak to finally faint, and Kleek hustles into position before donning the Gazerbeam mask and annihilating the last Kibosh drone.

The battle is victorious! All standings members gain 2 EXP.

Please Distribute The Spoils:

Vault Key A: A physical key for unlocking a vault in the Umbra Auction storeroom.

0sCoOK1.png
100 credits

z1z0LQZ.png
Energy Cell

Samba Stalk: A detached... something, from Samba. Melee Kinetic Weapon +1, gives +1 Skill when equipped.

Agent Party:

48966318642_892829535f_t.jpg Igaz (Goliath) 2 EXP / 4 EXP Career
300 Cycle, Male Undead
Vitality: 6/7
Strength: 2
Skill: 2
Smarts: 1
Spirit: 1/1
Proficiencies: Athletics 1, Intimidation 2, Melee Weapons 2, Short Range Weapons 1
Credits: 5
Equipment: Standard Vibrolance (+1, Melee Kinetic Weapon), Standard Plate Armor (+1 Kinetic Armor), Tinted Visor (+1 Energy Armor), Warding Bond (Spell)
Inventory: Shield Booster, Plasma Potion

48966139361_407b291de0_t.jpg Kleeck (KotZ) 2 EXP / 4 EXP Career
35 cycle old, male Ornithun
Vitality: 4/5
Strength: 1
Skill: 3
Smarts: 2
Spells:
Proficiencies: Persuasion 2, Culture 1, Short Range Weapons 1, Insight 2, Deception 1
Credits: 40
Equipment: Gazerbeam (+2, Short Range Energy Weapon) Standard Plasma Blaster (+1, Short Range Energy Weapon), Translator Cube, Summon Spirit Ally (Spell)
Inventory: Nanite Filter

48966140126_7e3935929e_t.jpg Ensonvilterayquis (Enson) (Lord Duvors) 2 EXP / 4 EXP Career
60 cycle old, Male Quo’ri
Vitality: 4/6
Spirit: 2/2
Proficiencies: Melee Weapons 2, Medicine 1, Religion 2
Credits: 15
Equipment: Standard Void Star Hammer (+1, Melee Elemental Weapon), Healing Light (Spell), Purging Font (Spell)
Inventory: Nanite Filter, Energy Cell

48966319372_7ee12c7261_t.jpg Dunola (Kintobor) 4 EXP / 4 EXP Career
125 cycle old, Female Dwarf
Vitality: 4/5
Strength: 1
Skill: 1
Smarts: 1
Spirit: 1/3
Proficiencies: Arcana 3, Culture 1, Short Range Weapons 1, Engineering 1
Credits: 0
Equipment: Standard Flame Thrower (+1, Short Range Elemental Weapon), Holo-Scroll, Tinted Visor (+1 Energy Armor) Elemental Evocation (Spell), Obfuscate (Spell), Transmutate Matter (Spell)
Inventory: Energy Cell

image.png.d71a0b846a2647368b22180582c7f090.pngTester-Three (samurai-turtle) 4 EXP / 4 EXP Career
One Cycle Old, Genderless, War Bot {Robotic}
Vitality: 5/6
Skill: 1
Proficiencies: Technology 2, Long Range Weapons 2, Piloting 1, Perception 1, Engineering 1,
Credits: 20
Equipment: Standard Arm Cannon (+1, Long Range Energy Weapon), Standard Metallic Exoskeleton (+1 Kinetic Armor), Purging Font (Spell)
Inventory: Shield Booster, Plasma Potion

image.png.d94385591287615c0e37a071d086a824.pngYelana Fennix (Classic_Spaceman) 3 EXP / 4 EXP Career

Unknown Age Human Female
Smarts: 1
Proficiencies: Deception 2, Long Range Weapons 2, Technology 2, Perception 1
Credits: 0
Equipment:  Dual-Mode Sniper Rifle E (+1, Long-Range Energy Weapon), Dual-Mode Sniper Rifle K (+1, Long-Range Kinetic Weapon), Tinted Visor (+1 Energy Armor) Obfuscate (Spell)
Inventory: Cloaking Generator, Hacking Chip, Nanite Filter, Plasma Potion

---

Jek lays in an unconscious heap, the soundproofing of the crime-laden bunker/lair ensuring that the guests weren't tipped off... although they were probably wondering when the auction was going to start.

What would the party do?

Tester-Three "searches" Kibosh Drone A&B's memory pacifically looking at the Battle Program. And it uses it knowledge to see if it can take the Drones' weapons. 

/// This might be useful... 

Igaz stretches out.

48966318642_892829535f_t.jpg

"Well, that was quite the battle.  Good work everyone."

He distributes the loot as following:

20 Credits each to Kleeck, Enson, Dunola, Tester-Three, and Yelana.

Energy Cell to Dunola.

Samba Stalk to himself.

"Hope everyone is happy.  Who wants to hold onto the key?"

11 minutes ago, Goliath said:

"Hope everyone is happy.  Who wants to hold onto the key?"

Dunola raises her hand. "Me! I wish to hold onto the key! Trust me when I say us dwarves are very capable at keeping important items safe!"

Dunola will increase her Arcana to 4, and use her holo-scroll to learn Warding Bond.

Enson clapped his hands together. "Excellent work everyone. I suggest we make haste to the vault before people start to realize something's wrong. Kleeck, as that pistol you were using is redundant with your new goggles I suggest giving it to Igaz. He looks like he can use it."

41 minutes ago, Goliath said:

Igaz stretches out.

"Well, that was quite the battle.  Good work everyone."

He distributes the loot as following:

20 Credits each to Kleeck, Enson, Dunola, Tester-Three, and Yelana.

Energy Cell to Dunola.

Samba Stalk to himself.

Enson bowed to Igaz as he handed Enson his share. "Thank you." he said. "And Tester-Three," he continued, turning to face the robot, "I forgot to thank you for this Energy Cell you gave me at the time. Allow me to apologize."

Enson will spend two points to increase his Spirit to three. He will then cast Healing light three times on himself, Kleeck, and Dunola.

@KotZ @samurai-turtle @Endgame

Kleeck spends the 2 EXP on the Proficiency to cast spells.

He looks down at his pistol. He offers it to Igaz. "Enson is right, you could use this." He then eyes Jek. "Well we can't just leave him in this state, out in the open. I think we should tie him up and hide him. A little crude, perhaps, then we don't have to worry about someone discovering him until we are safely away."

1 hour ago, Kintobor said:

Dunola raises her hand. "Me! I wish to hold onto the key! Trust me when I say us dwarves are very capable at keeping important items safe!"

Dunola will increase her Arcana to 4, and use her holo-scroll to learn Warding Bond.

"Excellent.  Here."

Igaz hands Dunola the Key.

17 minutes ago, KotZ said:

Kleeck spends the 2 EXP on the Proficiency to cast spells.

He looks down at his pistol. He offers it to Igaz. "Enson is right, you could use this." He then eyes Jek. "Well we can't just leave him in this state, out in the open. I think we should tie him up and hide him. A little crude, perhaps, then we don't have to worry about someone discovering him until we are safely away."

"I suppose it may come in handy, thanks."  He accepts the pistol.  "We should just put him out existence.  What if he pursues us?  Or lies to the authorities and we have to fight our way off this planet?"  He pauses, remembering something.  "Didn't the Cydonians lose a weapon or something that is supposed to be auctioned off here?  If we can find it, we should leave Jek tied up by it and tip off the Cydonians before we leave.  But we should do it anonymously, we don't need more trouble here."

2 hours ago, Goliath said:

"I suppose it may come in handy, thanks."  He accepts the pistol.  "We should just put him out existence.  What if he pursues us?  Or lies to the authorities and we have to fight our way off this planet?"  He pauses, remembering something.  "Didn't the Cydonians lose a weapon or something that is supposed to be auctioned off here?  If we can find it, we should leave Jek tied up by it and tip off the Cydonians before we leave.  But we should do it anonymously, we don't need more trouble here."

"No no no. He's no threat to us, killing him now would be pointless and self indulgent. Not to mention petty. Tying him up should suffice for our purposes. Not right next to something that was stolen from them though, that's a rather obvious attempt to frame him and they might not buy it. Especially as he probably wasn't on the planet when it was stolen."

21 hours ago, KotZ said:

17 hours ago, Lord Duvors said:

"No no no. He's no threat to us, killing him now would be pointless and self indulgent. Not to mention petty. Tying him up should suffice for our purposes. Not right next to something that was stolen from them though, that's a rather obvious attempt to frame him and they might not buy it. Especially as he probably wasn't on the planet when it was stolen."

"So, I assume one of you can produce the rope to tie him up?" Dunola asked inquisitively to Enson. "He's more trouble than he's worth. Put him out of his misery and be done with it. He fought valiantly, and we do not want to create more grudges for us to deal with down the line. We are on a planet occupied by a militaristic force. We can't leave people who could potentially draw the military's ire towards us."

Without further hesitation, Igaz moves over to Jek's unconscious body.  He lifts his foot up and stomps his head in.

32 minutes ago, Kintobor said:

"So, I assume one of you can produce the rope to tie him up?" Dunola asked inquisitively to Enson. "He's more trouble than he's worth. Put him out of his misery and be done with it. He fought valiantly, and we do not want to create more grudges for us to deal with down the line. We are on a planet occupied by a militaristic force. We can't leave people who could potentially draw the military's ire towards us."

"I was thinking we use your long hair as rope, of course."

17 minutes ago, Goliath said:

Without further hesitation, Igaz moves over to Jek's unconscious body.  He lifts his foot up and stomps his head in.

"... or we could do that."

Just now, KotZ said:

"I was thinking we use your long hair as rope, of course."

Dunola raises a finger at Kleeck. "First of all, one, my hair isn't long enough to make rope. Two, and most importantly, there's few things as crude as insulting a dwarf's beard, you overgrown, flightless-"

24 minutes ago, Goliath said:

Dunola stepped back as Jek's brains splattered everywhere, losing focus on Kleeck. "When I said put him out of his misery, I didn't insinuate to crush his skull in under your boot, Igaz!" Dunola groans as she moves away from the pool of brain juice and blood pooling around Jek's crushed head and across the floor. 

On 2/13/2020 at 1:59 PM, samurai-turtle said:

Tester-Three "searches" Kibosh Drone A&B's memory pacifically looking at the Battle Program. And it uses it knowledge to see if it can take the Drones' weapons. 

/// This might be useful... 

There was still an intact port on the drone's heads, but most of the remaining hardware was quite damaged, and Tester-Three fails to be able to sift through their knowledge. Without that info, there was no reassembling their blasters, unfortunately...

3 hours ago, Goliath said:

The Fangreak was too dazed and exhausted (it was hard to tell if he was fully out, being an alien species) to even attempt to evade, and in the end, he doesn't even flinch as Igaz's metal boot comes crashing down on his head. The navy faceplate provided a little resistance, but in the end...

sFNmCcI.png

...Eurgh...

The party learns a little bit more about Fangreak cephalic biology than the probably intended to. And thus Jek was no more.

Would they proceed?

Edited by Endgame

On 2/13/2020 at 2:57 PM, Lord Duvors said:

Enson bowed to Igaz as he handed Enson his share. "Thank you." he said. "And Tester-Three," he continued, turning to face the robot, "I forgot to thank you for this Energy Cell you gave me at the time. Allow me to apologize." 

/// What is this need for gratitude? I was only trying to equally equip everyone. 

2 hours ago, Endgame said:

There was still an intact port on the drone's heads, but most of the remaining hardware was quite damaged, and Tester-Three fails to be able to sift through their knowledge. Without that info, there was no reassembling their blasters, unfortunately... 

sFNmCcI.png

The party learns a little bit more about Fangreak cephalic biology than the probably intended to. And thus Jek was no more. 

/// Processing... 

Using "it's" points to upgrade "Long Range Weapons" (to 3). 

/// Making "mental note" on Fangreak biology. 

/// We should find the lock for that key. 

"We could've looked for something to restrain him with," Enson said emotionlessly, "it wouldn't really have been that much effort."

His gaze flicked up to the door, his expression frozen in a mask as hard and sharp as flint. Raising his hand as if indicating the others to follow him, he stepped forward through the frame.

"Come," he said, "no sense in waiting here now."

<Ba-En'aralek, Kahm'Daash-Li - Fennix Na'l-Secc'a> ["Acknowledged, Commander - Fennix Out"] 

sFNmCcI.png

What the. . . ? 
<A'tel> <D'rosen En'kaas> 
What? How's it clear

There was still an intact port on the drone's heads, but most of the remaining hardware was quite damaged

<Xi'adat Secc'a> ["Data Access"] 

sFNmCcI.png

<En'kaas A'ti - Ab-En'akan> ["Scan It - Reconstruct"] 

12 hours ago, Goliath said:

<An'yiv> ["Stop"] 
Unbelievable. . . ! 

IGAZ! What the FRELL is wrong with you?! I step away for a frelling minute, and you murder an unconscious prisoner?! Jek wasn't going anywhere, and if you were worried about him going to the Cydonians - which he wouldn't do, not as a thief - you could've just locked him here in the vault when we leftAlsoI still have the data pad from his ship, so if he did try anything, we could easily have just had him arrested! I don't know why I'm surprised, though - I should've expected as much from someone who takes trophies

OoC: Yelana's examining of the droid is a Technology proficiency check. 

New Stats (2 EXP used to increase the Smarts stat to 2, then 1 EXP used to buy the Stealth proficiency): 

On 2/13/2020 at 1:27 PM, Endgame said:

image.png.d94385591287615c0e37a071d086a824.pngYelana Fennix (Classic_Spaceman) 0 EXP / 4 EXP Career

Unknown Age Human Female
Smarts: 2
Proficiencies: Deception 2, Long Range Weapons 2, Technology 2, Perception 1, Stealth 1
Credits: 20
Equipment:  Dual-Mode Sniper Rifle E (+1, Long-Range Energy Weapon), Dual-Mode Sniper Rifle K (+1, Long-Range Kinetic Weapon), Tinted Visor (+1 Energy Armor) Obfuscate (Spell)
Inventory: Cloaking Generator, Hacking Chip, Nanite Filter, Plasma Potion

9 hours ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

IGAZ! What the FRELL is wrong with you?! I step away for a frelling minute, and you murder an unconscious prisoner?! Jek wasn't going anywhere, and if you were worried about him going to the Cydonians - which he wouldn't do, not as a thief - you could've just locked him here in the vault when we leftAlsoI still have the data pad from his ship, so if he did try anything, we could easily have just had him arrested! I don't know why I'm surprised, though - I should've expected as much from someone who takes trophies

"He deserved it.  When your intentions are to sell out the last of a species so someone can have a nice breakfast deserves nothing but death.  Imagine that - being known for making a species go extinct for greed.  Do you honestly think he would not have retaliated had we let him live?  He was simply a lose end that needed to be dealt with.  Immediately.  So please, continue with your judgements.  The galaxy needs more people to be the voice for the voiceless.  The Sabrillos didn't deserve what happened to them but at least with this egg there is hope."

Yelana's attempts at examining the droids memory banks, and perhaps salvaging parts of their hardware, also fails.

Regardless of the morality of the decision, the party steps over what was left of Jek, pressing their hands on the panel to open the door and step into the storeroom... Seeing as this wasn't an area meant for many eyes, the storeroom was unlit, a bit unclean, and quite... well, unpleasant. But eventually, the party tracks down the vault matching the key Trips had given them...

ERLUaGT.png

And inside was...

3VlNBkv.png3VlNBkv.png3VlNBkv.png
Super Plasma Potion? x3 An illegal variant of the Plasma Potion, brewed by bootleggers. Restores full health! ...And inflicts Poison 1.

aTrWeRX.png
Emerald Blaster: Short Range +1 Elemental Weapon. Gain 3 credits for every enemy defeated while using the Emerald Blaster.

1DvNlXY.png
Sabrillo Egg: A lukewarm, scentless egg - even unhatched, even uncooked, it smelled delectable.

s2Uh3U7.png
Cydonian... Holo... Crystal? Strange holocrystal-esque device, but substantially larger and more intricate than standard. Current function and purpose... unknown.

Edited by Endgame

9 hours ago, Goliath said:

"He deserved it.  When your intentions are to sell out the last of a species so someone can have a nice breakfast deserves nothing but death.  Imagine that - being known for making a species go extinct for greed.  Do you honestly think he would not have retaliated had we let him live?  He was simply a lose end that needed to be dealt with.  Immediately.  So please, continue with your judgements.  The galaxy needs more people to be the voice for the voiceless.  The Sabrillos didn't deserve what happened to them but at least with this egg there is hope."

Jek was greedy and stupid, but there were other ways to deal with him - I'd advise keeping your murderous altruism in check for the rest of the mission. 

ERLUaGT.png

And inside was...

3VlNBkv.png3VlNBkv.png3VlNBkv.png
Super Plasma Potion? x3 An illegal variant of the Plasma Potion, brewed by bootleggers. Restores full health! ...And inflicts Poison 1.

aTrWeRX.png
Emerald Blaster: Short Range +1 Elemental Weapon. Gain 3 credits for every enemy defeated while using the Emerald Blaster.

1DvNlXY.png
Sabrillo Egg: A lukewarm, scentless egg - even unhatched, even uncooked, it smelled delectable.

s2Uh3U7.png
Cydonian... Holo... Crystal? Strange holocrystal-esque device, but substantially larger and more intricate than standard. Current function and purpose... unknown.

Black-market Plasma Potions - The Core outlawed those years ago, one of their decisions I actually agree with. They're highly flammable, too - And even explosive, depending on the formula. Dunola - You want one
Tester-Three: You take the egg. You're the only one here that can't eat it, and I know you'll protect it from anyone who tries
Igaz, you can take the Emerald Blaster - I'm more interested in that Cydonian crystal. Speaking of. . . 

s2Uh3U7.png

<En'kaas A'ti - Secc'a Xi'adat, Gar'A'ti-Xia: Cydonian Collective, Cydonian Kahm-Xia> ["Scan It - Access Data, Subjects: Cydonian Collective, Cydonian Government"]