Sign in to follow this  
Endgame

Heroica RPG 2.0 - Mission #0: Last Of Its Kind

5 hours ago, Endgame said:

Enson fails to hide his arms, and in an act of caution, Jek simply points and fires off a shot behind him. Luckily, Enson's medical knowledge is enough to find a weakpoint - the Fangreak's eyes looked rather vulnerable - and delivers a solid punch to the face. The Fangreak stumbles back, quickly slamming a balled up fist on some panel on the door, before falling backwards and landing on his own gun. There's a crunch as his cheap equipment malfunctions, but as he howls out, the gateway he was guarding slides open, whatever he hit on the panel apparently alerting a certain cube-headed indivudal.

2xyp3Ph.png

That, and an entourage of guards, some mechanical, some not so much. The Fangreak staggers back up and draws his (now busted) weapon.

OZp0PfN.png
"Hhhrrrngh! Xje vak tuu KRUOL! Dirty shot, holy man!"

g40tusy.png
"There's no need for such vulgarity. Gather yourself, and we will dispose of them."

Well. . . So much for that plan. Switching to lethal
<Saatak’a D’evlor> [“Tactical Overlay”] 

PjSip3r.png

I’ll take “Trips” from C3
<Gar’A’ti Ba-Gat’a> [“Target Locked”] 

OoC: @Endgame Did you miss when Yelana tried to stun Jek, or are weapons unable to be used outside battles? 

Edited by Classic_Spaceman

Spoiler

@samurai-turtle @Classic_Spaceman; Remember you're both welding long range weapons, so you could both attack enemies up to three squares away from you. This would be especially useful in Yelana's case since she's currently in rage of Trip's attacks but wouldn't be if she was one space further away from him. Attacking from longer ranges also gives other players with shorter ranged weapons more room to position themselves, so bear that in mind.

13 hours ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

Well. . . So much for that plan. Switching to lethal
<Saatak’a D’evlor> [“Tactical Overlay”] 

I’ll take “Trips” from C3
<Gar’A’ti Ba-Gat’a> [“Target Locked”] 

OoC: @Endgame Did you miss when Yelana tried to stun Jek, or are weapons unable to be used outside battles? 

11 hours ago, Lord Duvors said:
  Hide contents

@samurai-turtle @Classic_Spaceman; Remember you're both welding long range weapons, so you could both attack enemies up to three squares away from you. This would be especially useful in Yelana's case since she's currently in rage of Trip's attacks but wouldn't be if she was one space further away from him. Attacking from longer ranges also gives other players with shorter ranged weapons more room to position themselves, so bear that in mind

/// You should move to that position, to cover more enemies. (Position D4) 

/// Engaging Battle mode. 

OoC:

I was getting confused earlier, I think I am at a good spot to hit multiple enemies currently, let's just wait for a round and make any adjustments.

"Right, well, time to break out the explosions!"

Dunola casts a Elemental Bolt at Samba from E5.

MM Note: Full honesty, I forgot to roll the stun action. :blush: That being said, you have no weapons that specifically inflict the Stun effect, so the DC would've been too high - plus, I don't want to set a precedent of being able to take out enemies b posting a bunch of actions before the MM can get online to start the battle. :tongue:

Round One of the Umbra Rumble

Agent Turn:
>Kleeck versus Samba: (1/1 proficiency successes + 2 weapon mod) - (1/2 skill successes + 0 armor) = (3 - 1) = 2 damage to Samba
>Igaz versus Kibosh Drone A: (1/2 proficiency successes + 1 weapon mod) - (1/1 skill successes + 0 armor) = (2 - 1) = 1 damage to Kibosh Drone A
>Enson versus Trips: (0/2 proficiency successes + 1 weapon mod) - (0/1 skill successes + 0 armor) (1 - 0) = 1 damage to Trips
>Yelana versus Trips: (2/2 proficiency successes + 1 weapon mod) - (0/1 skill successes + 0 armor) =  (3 - 0) = 3 damage to Trips
>Dunola casts Elemental Evocation (Bolt) on Samba: (3/3 Arcane successes) - (DC 1 + 0 armor) = (3 - 1) = 2 damage: Samba goes up in flames!
>Tester-Three versus Kibosh Drone A:  (1/2 proficiency successes + 1 weapon mod) - (1/1 skill successes + 0 armor) = 1 damage to Kibosh Drone A

Enemy Turn:
>Samba: continues to smolder.
>Trips casts Elemental Evocation (Bolt) on Dunola:
(3/3 Arcane successes) - (DC 1 + 0 armor) = (3 - 1) = 2 damage to Dunola
>Kibosh Drone B versus Dunola: (0/1 proficiency successes + 1 weapon mod) - (1/1 skill successes + 0 armor) = (1 - 1) = 0 damage to Dunola
>Kibosh Drone A versus Kleeck: (1/1 proficiency successes + 1 weapon mod) - (1/2 skill successes + 0 armor) = (2 - 1) = 1 damage to Enson
>Jek versus Enson: (0/0 proficiency successes + 3 weapon mod) - (1/2 skill successes + 0 armor) = (3-1) = 2 damage to Enson

The battle was on! Kleeck dons his hard-bartered hlem and zaps at Samba, its thick hide not good enough to defend against blasts of energy. Dunola proceeds to exploit the other hole in the creature's defense, lobbing a ball of fire from downtown to combust the creature. It falls down, deceased, before it gets the chance to lash out at the party. Igaz and Tester-Three ding up one of the Kibosh Drones as Enson and Yelana batter Trips, the dealer not agile enough to dodge both attacks. He ends up taking a bullet to his left shoulder.

g40tusy.png
"Two can play at this game!"

Trips raises his right arm, and from his finger, shoots an arc of electricity at Dunola. The bolt nearly knocks her out, and a Kibosh Drone tries to finish the job, but the dwarf has enough sense to dodge the blaster bullet. Jek takes revenge on Enson, pistol-whipping the poor Quo'ri with all of his might.

Trips wrings out his sparking hand while Jek snarls.

g40tusy.png
"Still not fully used to that..."

OZp0PfN.png
"Serves you right! How did you people find this place?!"

The Battle Grid:

T924VCn.png

The conflict continues!

@samurai-turtle@Kintobor@Classic_Spaceman@KotZ@Lord Duvors@Goliath

Enemy Party:

g40tusy.png "Little sore..."
Triple Pips "Trips" McGalloway
Vitality:
6/10
Strength: 1
Skill: 1
Smarts: 1
Spirit: 1/2
Proficiencies: Short Range Weapons 1, Arcana 3
Equipment: Old Revolver (+1, Short Range Kinetic weapon), Elemental Evocation (Spell)
Drops: Vault Key A
Note: Trips will flee the scene if he ever finds himself at 1 or 2 HP. He will still leave his Drops behind in his haste.

OZp0PfN.png "Grrrngh!"
Jek Flakko
Vitality: 4/6
Strength: 5
Skill: 0
Spirit: 2/2
Proficiencies: Deception 2, Athletics 2
Equipment: Broken Blaster (+3 Short-Range Melee Kinetic weapon... -1 skill.)
Drops: 20 credits, Energy Cell

Tk7onvu.png "Error."
Kibosh Drone A
Vitality:
3/5
Spirit: 1/1
Proficiencies: Long Range Weapons 1
Equipment: Standard-Issue Intruder Buster (+1 Long-Range Energy Weapon)
Drops: 40 credits

Tk7onvu.png "Unscathed."
Kibosh Drone B
Vitality:
5/5

Agent Party:

48966318642_892829535f_t.jpg Igaz (Goliath) 0 EXP / 2 EXP Career
300 Cycle, Male Undead
Vitality: 6/7
Strength: 2
Skill: 2
Smarts: 1
Proficiencies: Athletics 1, Intimidation 2, Melee Weapons 2, Short Range Weapons 1
Credits: 5
Equipment: Standard Vibrolance (+1, Melee Kinetic Weapon), Standard Plate Armor (+1 Kinetic Armor), Tinted Visor (+1 Energy Armor), Warding Bond (Spell)
Inventory: Shield Booster, Plasma Potion

48966139361_407b291de0_t.jpg Kleeck (KotZ) 0 EXP / 2 EXP Career
35 cycle old, male Ornithun
Vitality: 4/5
Skill: 3
Smarts: 2
Spells:
Proficiencies: Persuasion 2, Culture 1, Short Range Weapons 1, Insight 2, Deception 1
Credits: 40
Equipment: Gazerbeam (+2, Short Range Energy Weapon) Standard Plasma Blaster (+1, Short Range Energy Weapon), Translator Cube, Summon Spirit Ally (Spell)
Inventory: Nanite Filter

48966140126_7e3935929e_t.jpg Ensonvilterayquis (Enson) (Lord Duvors) 0 EXP / 2 EXP Career
60 cycle old, Male Quo’ri
Proficiencies: Melee Weapons 2, Medicine 1, Religion 2
Credits: 15
Equipment: Standard Void Star Hammer (+1, Melee Elemental Weapon), Healing Light (Spell), Purging Font (Spell)
Inventory: Nanite Filter, Plasma Potion, Energy Cell

48966319372_7ee12c7261_t.jpg Dunola (Kintobor) 2 EXP / 2 EXP Career
125 cycle old, Female Dwarf
Vitality: 1/5
Spirit: 2/3
Proficiencies: Arcana 3, Culture 1, Short Range Weapons 1, Engineering 1
Credits: 0
Equipment: Standard Flame Thrower (+1, Short Range Elemental Weapon), Holo-Scroll, Tinted Visor (+1 Energy Armor) Elemental Evocation (Spell), Obfuscate (Spell), Transmutate Matter (Spell)
Inventory: Energy Cell, Plasma Potion

image.png.d71a0b846a2647368b22180582c7f090.pngTester-Three (samurai-turtle) 2 EXP / 2 EXP Career
One Cycle Old, Genderless, War Bot {Robotic}
Vitality: 6/6
Proficiencies: Technology 2, Long Range Weapons 2, Piloting 1, Perception 1, Engineering 1,
Credits: 20
Equipment: Standard Arm Cannon (+1, Long Range Energy Weapon), Standard Metallic Exoskeleton (+1 Kinetic Armor), Purging Font (Spell)

image.png.d94385591287615c0e37a071d086a824.pngYelana Fennix (Classic_Spaceman) 1 EXP / 2 EXP Career

Unknown Age Human Female
Proficiencies: Deception 2, Long Range Weapons 2, Technology 2, Perception 1
Equipment:  Dual-Mode Sniper Rifle E (+1, Long-Range Energy Weapon), Dual-Mode Sniper Rifle K (+1, Long-Range Kinetic Weapon), Tinted Visor (+1 Energy Armor) Obfuscate (Spell)
Inventory: Cloaking Generator, Hacking Chip, Nanite Filter, Plasma Potion

Edited by Endgame

2 hours ago, Endgame said:

OZp0PfN.png

"A magician never reveals his secrets." said Enson.

Enson will attack Jek.

Spoiler

@Endgame, you have Enson at B3 when I said he was at B4.

6 hours ago, Endgame said:

OZp0PfN.png

Because you can't seem to follow basic instructions? For what it's worth, I was going to take you alive - You frelled up that plan, so this whole mess is really entirely on you. 

Dunola: Sit this one out and use a Plasma Potion - I'll take "Trips" again. <Gar'A'ti Ba-Gat'a> ["Target Locked"] 

6 hours ago, Endgame said:

MM Note: Full honesty, I forgot to roll the stun action. :blush: That being said, you have no weapons that specifically inflict the Stun effect, so the DC would've been too high - plus, I don't want to set a precedent of being able to take out enemies b posting a bunch of actions before the MM can get online to start the battle. :tongue:

OoC: See discussion thread. 

Confident that Tester-Three while finish off Drone A, Igaz moves to B2.

Spoiler

I forget if moving counts as a single action but in the case it does not, I would attack Trips.

"I can help you, Tester-Three." Kleeck turns his sites on Drone A and attacks from C2.

Dunola downs a plasma potion, moving to E4.

"Mind giving me some space, guys? I'm not feeling so hot after getting shot at by that square in the suit."

Just now, Kintobor said:

Dunola downs a plasma potion, moving to E4.

"Mind giving me some space, guys? I'm not feeling so hot after getting shot at by that square in the suit."

<Saatak'a D'evlor. . . Zh'ekor> ["Tactical Overlay. . . Project"] 

On 2/8/2020 at 3:45 PM, Endgame said:

T924VCn.png

Moving to E4 will put you in-range of Drone A - D4's clear, though. 

MM Note: Enson's position is fixed, and moving does indeed consume an action. :classic:

OZp0PfN.png
"Magician tricks? SImple instructions? Taking me in alive?  Like I did anything wrong! Those people at GLESP worked me to the goddamn bone, and they deserve far more than what I did!"

g40tusy.png
"Simple instructions, hmmm..." muses Trips, almost knowingly.

Round Two of the Umbra Rumble

Agent Turn:
>Kleeck versus Kibosh Drone A: (0/1 proficiency successes + 2 weapon mod) - (0/1 skill successes + 0 armor) = (2 - 0) = 2 damage to Kibosh Drone A
>Igaz moves to B2
>Enson versus Jek: (0/2 proficiency successes + 1 weapon mod) - (0/0 skill successes + 0 armor) (1 - 0) = 1 damage to Jek
>Yelana versus Trips: (0/2 proficiency successes + 1 weapon mod) - (0/1 skill successes + 0 armor) =  (1 - 0) = 1 damage to Trips
>Dunola chugs a Plasma Potion: 4 HP restored!
>Tester-Three versus Kibosh Drone A:  (1/2 proficiency successes + 1 weapon mod) - (1/1 skill successes + 0 armor) = (1 - 0) = 1 damage to Kibosh Drone A - the drone is junked!

Enemy Turn:
>Trips casts Elemental Evocation (Bolt) on Tester-Three: (2/3 Arcane successes) - (DC 1 + 0 armor) = (2 - 1) = 1 damage to Tester-Three
>Kibosh Drone B versus Dunola: (1/1 proficiency successes + 1 weapon mod) - (1/1 skill successes + 0 armor) = (2 - 1) = 1 damage to Dunola
>Jek versus Enson: (0/0 proficiency successes + 3 weapon mod) - (1/2 skill successes + 0 armor) = (3-1) = 2 damage to Enson

Tester-Three guns down one of his robotic not-quite-peers as the rest of the party regroups and continues to wear down on their opposition. Seeing another one of his allies fall, Trips continues to avenge fallen enemies, hurling one last bolt of lightning at Tester-Three before his arcane reserves are expended. He takes the safety off his gun, realizing he would have to rely on good old fashioned lead from now on. Jek continues to wail on Enson.

The Battle Grid:

imJsZK0.png

The conflict continues!

Enemy Party:

g40tusy.png "Getting tired, four-arms?"
Triple Pips "Trips" McGalloway
Vitality:
5/10
Spirit: 0/2
Proficiencies: Short Range Weapons 1, Arcana 3
Equipment: Old Revolver (+1, Short Range Kinetic weapon), Elemental Evocation (Spell)
Drops: Vault Key A
Note: Trips will flee the scene if he ever finds himself at 1 or 2 HP. He will still leave his Drops behind in his haste.

OZp0PfN.png "Out! Get out!"
Jek Flakko
Vitality: 3/6

Tk7onvu.png "Still unscathed."
Kibosh Drone B
Vitality:
5/5

Agent Party:

300 Cycle, Male Undead
Proficiencies: Athletics 1, Intimidation 2, Melee Weapons 2, Short Range Weapons 1
Equipment: Standard Vibrolance (+1, Melee Kinetic Weapon), Standard Plate Armor (+1 Kinetic Armor), Tinted Visor (+1 Energy Armor), Warding Bond (Spell)

Spells:
Proficiencies: Persuasion 2, Culture 1, Short Range Weapons 1, Insight 2, Deception 1
Equipment: Gazerbeam (+2, Short Range Energy Weapon) Standard Plasma Blaster (+1, Short Range Energy Weapon), Translator Cube, Summon Spirit Ally (Spell)

48966140126_7e3935929e_t.jpg Ensonvilterayquis (Enson) (Lord Duvors) 0 EXP / 2 EXP Career
Vitality: 2/6
Equipment: Standard Void Star Hammer (+1, Melee Elemental Weapon), Healing Light (Spell), Purging Font (Spell)
Inventory: Nanite Filter, Plasma Potion, Energy Cell

Spirit: 2/3
Equipment: Standard Flame Thrower (+1, Short Range Elemental Weapon), Holo-Scroll, Tinted Visor (+1 Energy Armor) Elemental Evocation (Spell), Obfuscate (Spell), Transmutate Matter (Spell)
Inventory: Energy Cell

image.png.d71a0b846a2647368b22180582c7f090.pngTester-Three (samurai-turtle) 2 EXP / 2 EXP Career
Vitality: 5/6
Proficiencies: Technology 2, Long Range Weapons 2, Piloting 1, Perception 1, Engineering 1,
Equipment: Standard Arm Cannon (+1, Long Range Energy Weapon), Standard Metallic Exoskeleton (+1 Kinetic Armor), Purging Font (Spell)

image.png.d94385591287615c0e37a071d086a824.pngYelana Fennix (Classic_Spaceman) 1 EXP / 2 EXP Career

Unknown Age Human Female
Equipment:  Dual-Mode Sniper Rifle E (+1, Long-Range Energy Weapon), Dual-Mode Sniper Rifle K (+1, Long-Range Kinetic Weapon), Tinted Visor (+1 Energy Armor) Obfuscate (Spell)

Edited by Endgame

7 minutes ago, Endgame said:

OZp0PfN.png
"Magician tricks? SImple instructions? Taking me in alive?  Like I did anything wrong! Those people at GLESP worked me to the goddamn bone, and they deserve far more than what I did!"

"And I suppose the Sabrillo egg also deserved everything it got, hmm?"

Enson will use his Plasma Potion.

1 hour ago, Endgame said:

OZp0PfN.png

Let's make a deal, then - You cooperate with us in retrieving the egg, and we let you go. Vannoy didn't say anything about what to do with you once we found you - He just wanted the egg back. 

Igaz: Stab "Trips" for me - I'm moving to C4

Jek: I have two possible shots from here. Surrender, hand over the egg, tell us what you know about Vannoy and GLESP, and I'll take out the drone. Otherwise. . . 

Dunola casts another elemental bolt, this one centred on Kibosh Drone B.

”Yelana, really don’t think letting Jek go is in our best interest. We don’t need him running off to the authorities.”

MM Note: Enson's position is fixed, and moving does indeed consume an action. :classic:

OZp0PfN.png
"So this was Vannoy's work... damn him, and damn the rest of you, too. The Sabrillo egg is getting exactly what it deserved; served up on a dinner plate like the rest of its kind!"

Round Three of the Umbra Rumble

Agent Turn:
>Kleeck versus Kibosh Drone B: (0/1 proficiency successes + 2 weapon mod) - (1/1 skill successes + 0 armor) = (2 - 1) = 1 damage to Kibosh Drone B
>Igaz versus Trips: (2/2 proficiency successes + 1 weapon mod) - (0/1 skill successes + 0 armor) = (3 - 0) = 3 damage to Trips - Trips dips!
>Enson pops a Plasma Potion: 3 HP restored!
>Yelana moves to C4
>Dunola casts Elemental Evocation (Bolt) on Kibosh Drone B: (2/3 arcane successes) - (DC 1 + 0 armor) = (2 - 1) = 1 damage to Kibosh Drone B
>Tester-Three moves to D3

Enemy Turn:
>Kibosh Drone B versus Yelana: (1/1 proficiency successes + 1 weapon mod) - (1/2 skill successes + 0 armor) = (2 - 1) = 1 damage to Yelana
>Jek versus Enson: (0/0 proficiency successes + 3 weapon mod) - (2/2 skill successes + 0 armor) = (3-2) = 1 damage to Enson

Igaz rushes forward and buries the tip of his lance right into Trips' shoulder. The blade withdraws, and the cubeheaded gentleman surveys the battlefield.

g40tusy.png
"Right, well then. I see where we all stand - if there is one thing to be learned as a card dealer, it is when to fold. Sorry, sorry, so sorry!"

In the middle of the chaos, the shady auctioneer flees, dropping something on the floor as he hurries off.

OZp0PfN.png
"Bastard! Get back here! We can still... Argh! megabluck!"

The Battle Grid:

XFGjxz6.png

The conflict continues!

MM Note: There's still two enemies, so I'll hold off on autorunning, but if I get in a few actions I can run a second round today, I hope. :classic:

Enemy Party:

OZp0PfN.png "Grraaaahhhh!"
Jek Flakko
Vitality: 3/6

Tk7onvu.png "Processing damage."
Kibosh Drone B
Vitality:
4/5

Agent Party:

300 Cycle, Male Undead

Spells:

Inventory: Nanite Filter, Energy Cell

Spirit: 1/3
Inventory: Energy Cell

Unknown Age Human Female

Edited by Endgame

OZp0PfN.png
"So this was Vannoy's work... damn him, and damn the rest of you, too. The Sabrillo egg is getting exactly what it deserved; served up on a dinner plate like the rest of its kind!"

You seem to hate Vannoy - Why? Was he opposing workers' rights - I saw that four-chevron insignia on your ship - or is it something else? If you want the Sabrillo to be eradicated, why did you take the job at GLESP to begin with? Just to steal the egg? 

g40tusy.png
"Right, well then. I see where we all stand - if there is one thing to be learned as a card dealer, it is when to fold. Sorry, sorry, so sorry!"

In the middle of the chaos, the shady auctioneer flees, dropping something on the floor as he hurries off.

OZp0PfN.png
"Bastard! Get back here! We can still... Argh! megabluck!"

Ah! Getting pissed now. . . 
You're running low on options, Jek, but we can still make a deal - Tell me something useful

Enson: Target that drone, and let me handle Jek
Last chance. . . 

OoC: I need to wait for @Endgame to post Jek's response, in order to decide what Yelana's next action will be.