Sign in to follow this  
Endgame

Heroica RPG 2.0 - Mission #0: Last Of Its Kind

wVPvlqr.png
"In all honesty, no. I never got a very good look at them, and the one remaining is cloaked. They seemed longer than they were wide?  That's all I got for you. I dunno why you want to learn so much about those damn clangers anyway..."

32 minutes ago, Endgame said:

wVPvlqr.png
"In all honesty, no. I never got a very good look at them, and the one remaining is cloaked. They seemed longer than they were wide?  That's all I got for you. I dunno why you want to learn so much about those damn clangers anyway..."

I don't know why you don't! And why do people call them "clangers"? 
When did you first hear about Cydonia, anyway - When they arrived, or before that? I'd never heard of them, but our employer had some intel: Up until about fifty years ago, Cydonia was fairly unremarkable. Since then, however, they've managed to gain control of twelve additional systems, and it's unclear how they're able to maintain their control. 
At least, that's what he told us. He said that they "speak softly and carry a large plasma baton", but I think he's wrong. From what I've seen and heard here, I'd say they speak loudly about the size of their "plasma baton", so people don't realise it's more of a "plasma pencil". 
Look around: New regime, but no real security upgrades. A cloaked dreadnought - Parked in atmo, where it can be located easily. Unsubstantiated rumours of cloaked soldiers, but no way to really deploy them if they existed, given the weather. Constant patrols, but a 48-hour wait on responses to claims made at the Enforcers' Bureau. Conspicuous surveillance, the Cydonian sigil on walls, only one guard at the dock where we landed - All of this points to the Cydonians having low resources and a tenuous grasp on their territory, secured only by fear and rumours
My guess is that the Cydonians' expansion coincided with their development of cloaking technology, and that they use their cloaks to hide their forces' low numbers, relying on the fear of higher numbers to get and retain control - In fact, I'd say the four dreadnoughts that showed up here are over a quarter of their fleet. 

14 hours ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

My guess is that the Cydonians' expansion coincided with their development of cloaking technology, and that they use their cloaks to hide their forces' low numbers, relying on the fear of higher numbers to get and retain control - In fact, I'd say the four dreadnoughts that showed up here are over a quarter of their fleet.

"This is a very interesting discussion that currently doesn't involve anything we're tasked to do." Dunola comments. "We can sit here all day and debate the size of the Cydonian fleet, but at the end of the day they're merely an obstacle we must work around. We're not here to liberate this planet: we don't have the numbers for it."

Dunola will specifically use her knowledge in engineering to assist in the investigation of the incubator. "Don't worry, Tester-Three. If Yelana tries reprogramming you, I'll ensure she has a hard time making sure an attempt."

17 hours ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

I don't know why you don't! And why do people call them "clangers"? 
When did you first hear about Cydonia, anyway - When they arrived, or before that? I'd never heard of them, but our employer had some intel: Up until about fifty years ago, Cydonia was fairly unremarkable. Since then, however, they've managed to gain control of twelve additional systems, and it's unclear how they're able to maintain their control. 
At least, that's what he told us. He said that they "speak softly and carry a large plasma baton", but I think he's wrong. From what I've seen and heard here, I'd say they speak loudly about the size of their "plasma baton", so people don't realise it's more of a "plasma pencil". 
Look around: New regime, but no real security upgrades. A cloaked dreadnought - Parked in atmo, where it can be located easily. Unsubstantiated rumours of cloaked soldiers, but no way to really deploy them if they existed, given the weather. Constant patrols, but a 48-hour wait on responses to claims made at the Enforcers' Bureau. Conspicuous surveillance, the Cydonian sigil on walls, only one guard at the dock where we landed - All of this points to the Cydonians having low resources and a tenuous grasp on their territory, secured only by fear and rumours

Faeja just shrugs, looking defeated.

wVPvlqr.png
"They're called clangers because of those silly bells they ring every hour. Yelana, Yelana, look, just - listen. I don't know how many ships they have. I don't know why their security is they way it is. I don't know where they came from or why they're here. I just know the reality of it. They are the ones in control now. The Royal Family always boasted about our fleet of fifteen dreadnoughts. It was a source of pride for us.... we're a planet known for ship building, after all. But that's different now. It's their planet. And they haven't gotten in the way of my livelihood yet, so I'm just going to hold on and hope things don't get change anymore than they already have.

I'm just gonna do my job because it's all I can do."

3 hours ago, Kintobor said:

"This is a very interesting discussion that currently doesn't involve anything we're tasked to do." Dunola comments. "We can sit here all day and debate the size of the Cydonian fleet, but at the end of the day they're merely an obstacle we must work around. We're not here to liberate this planet: we don't have the numbers for it."

Dunola will specifically use her knowledge in engineering to assist in the investigation of the incubator. "Don't worry, Tester-Three. If Yelana tries reprogramming you, I'll ensure she has a hard time making sure an attempt."

Dunola uses her skills in engineering to pop open a cover on the incubator, where a small little interfacing unit was found, likely for manufacturing purposes. It was a stock interface, and through it, Dunola learns that tCommerce Row was up in arms he unit had been used recently, set to the "egg" setting and kept on a temperature of 102 degrees for about 24 hours. Another smoking gun pointing to Jek's guilt.

16 hours ago, samurai-turtle said:

/// I will look over the spaceship and incubator, before I go to Commerce Row. 

One last glance over the ship reveals the tracker that GLESP managed to implant on the bottom of the fuselage. Perhaps Jek had missed it.

pyydO7f.png
Tracker: A large tracking dart shot into Jek's ship by GLESP. Currently seems to be out of battery, and therefore is giving off no signal.

With a solid lead and a way of getting into the mysterious Umbra auction, the party backtracks and goes to leave the Citizen Shiplot, en route to Commerce Row.

wVPvlqr.png
"Best of luck, you guys."

The path back was almost scenic. The tall, clustered buildings of Haurbo fell away for a brief moment in the party's jaunt from the shiplot to the commercial center. Looking out into the distance, into the bold green sky and the sprawling red trees, it was almost easy to forget that the planet was no longer autonomous.

WNwTFhI.png

WNwTFhI.png

WNwTFhI.png

n5oS33Z.png

WNwTFhI.png

It was surreal, the way it happened. For a second, it would've been easy to think that they imagined it. Clear skies and brisk winds one moment. The next, the sky crackling, as if an invisible storm was brewing. The next moment, a haze, as if Gnorra was scorching desert, distorting vision and causing things to blur. The sky turned an ominous gold, and a red column of light burst from the atmosphere, so bright everything else went dark, so loud everything else went silent. And not an instant later, it was gone, and Gnorra returned to normal... part of it now obliterated by the blast. There was no apparent source, but perhaps some had a hunch.

Commerce Row was up in arms over the event, when the party got there, perhaps some still processing what they had witnessed. Everyday folk speaking in hushed but frantic whispers, grouping together as Cydonian personnel herded them out of the way of foot traffic. All throughout the commotion, the sound of tolling bells called out, each chime perhaps signifying the destruction of the Cydonians' target.

zglbcKm.png
"What in blazes was that?! Explain yourselves!"

aMsQ8OF.png
"Sir, remain clam."

aMsQ8OF.png
"This was done in the name of public safety."

aMsQ8OF.png
"You are in no danger. Cause no trouble..."

And when the bells stopped tolling, a calm man's voice rose above the crowd, projected by the speakers lining the buldings of Commerce Row. Everyone quiets down even more to hear the message.

<< Hello, denizens of Gnorra. This is your governor, Venn Impalo, speaking. Some of you have surely noticed the atmospheric disturbance that occurred a few minutes ago. We will make no attempt to deny responsibility for it, but rest assured that you are safe. We learned of a rebel cell deep in the wilderness planning to attack the upcoming inauguration ceremony. Seeing as it is a public event, we could not tolerate this threat to the safety of our citizens. We have exercised swift and appropriate force, and do not expect to have to do so again. Your safety has been assured. Thank you. >>

The party reaches the visor kiosk they heard of from the data pad, an alley indeed behind it.

2HyeiHX.png

The salesman was still there, bound by his work hours, but much of the rest of the people were either going home to check on their families, or being corralled by Cydonian troops, it seemed. In the distance, bells still tolled.

What would the party do?

Edited by Endgame

Kleeck jumped at the sound of the attack. After listening to the speaker, he whispered to himself, "A just and cultured society would have given a fair t, nit just nuked them unless they were attacking. Well, I should correct myself. Culture is a point of view. An advanced society. Ugh."

To put his mind out of it, he went to the kiosk. "Greetings. What do you sell here?"

5 hours ago, Kintobor said:

/// That is, nice but I think she would need a, Yahtzee to successful reprogram me. 

/// The power of that attack must been a big energy drain. An antimatter bomb would been more efficient. 

/// What shops are in the area? 

On 1/26/2020 at 6:19 PM, Endgame said:

Faeja just shrugs, looking defeated.

wVPvlqr.png
"They're called clangers because of those silly bells they ring every hour. Yelana, Yelana, look, just - listen. I don't know how many ships they have. I don't know why their security is they way it is. I don't know where they came from or why they're here. I just know the reality of it. They are the ones in control now. The Royal Family always boasted about our fleet of fifteen dreadnoughts. It was a source of pride for us.... we're a planet known for ship building, after all. But that's different now. It's their planet. And they haven't gotten in the way of my livelihood yet, so I'm just going to hold on and hope things don't get change anymore than they already have.

I'm just gonna do my job because it's all I can do."

Well, I wouldn't worry too much about the Cydonians interfering with your work - I don't think they really care, or can, for that matter. I need to go, but I wanted to ask you one more question: Do you know anything about an old workers' rights movement, represented by four rust-coloured chevrons? We found the symbol on that E-11, but we're not really sure what it means. 

The path back was almost scenic. The tall, clustered buildings of Haurbo fell away for a brief moment in the party's jaunt from the shiplot to the commercial center. Looking out into the distance, into the bold green sky and the sprawling red trees, it was almost easy to forget that the planet was no longer autonomous.

WNwTFhI.png

WNwTFhI.png

WNwTFhI.png

n5oS33Z.png

WNwTFhI.png

It was surreal, the way it happened. For a second, it would've been easy to think that they imagined it. Clear skies and brisk winds one moment. The next, the sky crackling, as if an invisible storm was brewing. The next moment, a haze, as if Gnorra was scorching desert, distorting vision and causing things to blur. The sky turned an ominous gold, and a red column of light burst from the atmosphere, so bright everything else went dark, so loud everything else went silent. And not an instant later, it was gone, and Gnorra returned to normal... part of it now obliterated by the blast. There was no apparent source, but perhaps some had a hunch.

Whoa! Now that's interesting. 
<Xi’adat Secc’a: Playback - En'akan> ["Data Access: Playback - Enhance"] 
Ah, frell - Impact was too far to get a clear image. 

And when the bells stopped tolling, a calm man's voice rose above the crowd, projected by the speakers lining the buldings of Commerce Row. Everyone quiets down even more to hear the message.

<< Hello, denizens of Gnorra. This is your governor, Venn Impalo, speaking. Some of you have surely noticed the atmospheric disturbance that occurred a few minutes ago. We will make no attempt to deny responsibility for it, but rest assured that you are safe. We learned of a rebel cell deep in the wilderness planning to attack the upcoming inauguration ceremony. Seeing as it is a public event, we could not tolerate this threat to the safety of our citizens. We have exercised swift and appropriate force, and do not expect to have to do so again. Your safety has been assured. Thank you. >>

So. . . Anyone else not buying that? While I was talking to Faeja, she mentioned that the dreadnought may have fired a few days ago. Since I doubt there are multiple rebel cells that need to be dealt with in such an, uh. . . overkill manner, that blast has to be something else - Maybe to shake up the populace before the inauguration ceremony? 

On 1/26/2020 at 8:13 PM, samurai-turtle said:

/// The power of that attack must been a big energy drain. An antimatter bomb would been more efficient. 

Maybe if you wanted to slag the planet, but that beam hit outside the city. Either their targeting systems are scuffed, or they weren't actually trying to hit it. 

Edited by Classic_Spaceman
Language WiP.

Due to the impact of the death ray hitting Gnorra, Igaz loses his balance and falls to his knee.  He begins to feel anxious.

48966318642_892829535f_t.jpg

"I don't feel right about that.  Call it a hunch but I get the impression we will be seeing more death rays being shot down here.  I certainly don't want to be turned into dust so we should get the egg and get the hell out of dodge."

Intrigued by the salesman, Igaz goes and takes a look at his stock.

Enson gazed at the blast with an indescribable look of horror and sadness. Solemnly he turned in it's direction, clasped his hands together and with head bowed began a low, droning chant. After a minute of this he stopped, straightened, and followed.

3 hours ago, samurai-turtle said:

"Tester-Three," said Enson with a noticeable strain in his voice, "people just died. I would appreciate it if you didn't complain about how inefficiently they were murdered"

3 hours ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

So. . . Anyone else not buying that? While I was talking to Faeja, she mentioned that the dreadnought may have fired a few days ago. Since I doubt there are multiple rebel cells that need to be dealt with in such an, uh. . . overkill manner, that blast has to be something else - Maybe to shake up the populace before the inauguration ceremony? 

Enson turned to look at Yelana slowly, his face bearing an exceedingly stern expression. "No," he said, "I do indeed 'buy it'. I think it entirely plausible that these people would flatten a small rebel cell with an orbital laser wider then a city block. I think they would do it simply because it dealt with the problem promptly and kept their soldiers out of harms way. I think they would do it on suspicion alone without even solid evidence and that they'd do it because it was convenient and kept the populace cowed. I think that they would launch a cavalry charge into an unarmed protest it they had either. These people are authoritarians, historically not the most sane of people. They don't care about proportional force, they care about obedience and adherence to whatever ideology they follow."

3 hours ago, Goliath said:

Due to the impact of the death ray hitting Gnorra, Igaz loses his balance and falls to his knee.  He begins to feel anxious.

"I don't feel right about that.  Call it a hunch but I get the impression we will be seeing more death rays being shot down here.  I certainly don't want to be turned into dust so we should get the egg and get the hell out of dodge."

"Oh I don't think we have anything to worry about just yet. Though if they start evacuating their troops from the city all of a sudden we are probably should worry."

Having come upon the kiosk Enson stopped for a minute to let the others ask their questions. once they had received their answers he came forward with his own.

"Excuse me," he said, "do you know why the Cydonians ring the city bells every hour?"

5 hours ago, Lord Duvors said:

"Tester-Three," said Enson with a noticeable strain in his voice, "people just died. I would appreciate it if you didn't complain about how inefficiently they were murdered"

Are we sure they did, though? I’ve been reviewing the footage - The beam impacted somewhere outside the city, and I can’t tell much difference between before and after it hit. Also, I find Impalo’s excuse of a “rebel cell” flimsy at best. 

5 hours ago, Lord Duvors said:

Enson turned to look at Yelana slowly, his face bearing an exceedingly stern expression. "No," he said, "I do indeed 'buy it'. I think it entirely plausible that these people would flatten a small rebel cell with an orbital laser wider then a city block. I think they would do it simply because it dealt with the problem promptly and kept their soldiers out of harms way. I think they would do it on suspicion alone without even solid evidence and that they'd do it because it was convenient and kept the populace cowed. I think that they would launch a cavalry charge into an unarmed protest it they had either. These people are authoritarians, historically not the most sane of people. They don't care about proportional force, they care about obedience and adherence to whatever ideology they follow."

I’m not saying they wouldn’t do it - I just don’t think they did. Impalo’s message is the only evidence of a rebel cell’s existence, and Faeja said that the dreadnought fired again a few days before we arrived, so I’m wondering if it’s a cover for something else - Mining or terraforming, maybe. Either that, or it’s an intimidation tactic in the lead-up to the inauguration. 
Maybe the guy at the kiosk knows something. I’ll ask

Excuse me, Hi. Does that kind of thing happen often, here? We’re new to Gnorra, so we’ve only heard rumours

18 hours ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

Maybe if you wanted to slag the planet, but that beam hit outside the city. Either their targeting systems are scuffed, or they weren't actually trying to hit it. 

/// It depends on the size of the anti-matter bomb but a small one would be sufficient. 

13 hours ago, Lord Duvors said:

"Excuse me," he said, "do you know why the Cydonians ring the city bells every hour?"

/// Understood. 

/// The reason that was told to me was for productivity reasons. But the current ringing is off on the timing...it could be for ceremonial reasons the current ringing. 

On 1/26/2020 at 7:49 PM, KotZ said:

Kleeck jumped at the sound of the attack. After listening to the speaker, he whispered to himself, "A just and cultured society would have given a fair t, nit just nuked them unless they were attacking. Well, I should correct myself. Culture is a point of view. An advanced society. Ugh."

To put his mind out of it, he went to the kiosk. "Greetings. What do you sell here?"

The masked man looks up and clasps his hands together.

U0mnlFW.png
"Welcome. Surprised I have customers right now, to be honest. Stock is a little limited at the moment, but please, do peruse."

Tgieick.png
Gazerbeam Headset: +2 Elemental Short-Range Weapon. Effective? Sure. Fashionable? Debatable! Costs 45 credits.

H3vyIXa.png
Tinted Visor: +1 Energy Armor. Originally developed for gazing at Gnorra's frequent eclipses. Costs 15 credits.

On 1/26/2020 at 8:13 PM, samurai-turtle said:

/// That is, nice but I think she would need a, Yahtzee to successful reprogram me. 

/// What shops are in the area? 

Many of the shops were temporarily closed down or not of particular use to the party, but one other little stall stood out, amongst the big box retailers and the food peddlers:

qAj2at4.png

An eccentric and brightly colored stall, staffed by a man who appeared to have... a stylized potion for a head?

PX5okVs.png
"Hey, hello, welcome, and greetings! And how can I help you on this fine, fine, hopefully-no-more-smiting-please day?"

9odBaSQ.png
Plasma Potion: Costs 5 credits.

NmI0RHf.png
Nanite Filter: Costs 5 credits.

z1z0LQZ.png
Energy Cell: Costs 5 credits.

On 1/26/2020 at 9:33 PM, Goliath said:

U0mnlFW.png
"Welcome. Do you know what model visor that is you are wearing, sir? I haven't seen that particular product in a while, if my hunch is right..."

21 hours ago, Lord Duvors said:

"Oh I don't think we have anything to worry about just yet. Though if they start evacuating their troops from the city all of a sudden we are probably should worry."

Having come upon the kiosk Enson stopped for a minute to let the others ask their questions. once they had received their answers he came forward with his own.

U0mnlFW.png
"Hmmm, the bells. I've asked around a little about it myself. These aren't the city bells, mind you, at least they weren't a little while ago. This is a new addition. Some sort of productivity aid? They ring from an hour before sunrise to an hour after sunset, so it seems. Keeps people up and working. I think there might be a spiritual aspect too. Something with their beloved Sovereign... Not that any of us have ever seen him. Or her." It was hard to read the salesman's face, based on the odd opaque helmet he had, but his tone sounded like he was legitimately a bit curious himself.

15 hours ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

Excuse me, Hi. Does that kind of thing happen often, here? We’re new to Gnorra, so we’ve only heard rumours.

U0mnlFW.png
"What? The beam? No, absolutely not. First time I've ever seen it, and I imagine I couldn't have missed a previous one. Suddenly I empathize with the royal families just a smidge more."

Agent Party:

48966318642_892829535f_t.jpg Igaz (Goliath) 2 EXP / 2 EXP Career
300 Cycle, Male Undead
Vitality: 6/7
Strength: 2
Skill: 2
Smarts: 1
Spirit: 1/1
Proficiencies: Athletics 1, Intimidation 1, Melee Weapons 2, Short Range Weapons 1
Credits: 20
Equipment: Standard Vibrolance (+1, Melee Kinetic Weapon), Standard Plate Armor (+1 Kinetic Armor), Warding Bond (Spell)
Inventory: Shield Booster, Plasma Potion

48966139361_407b291de0_t.jpg Kleeck (KotZ) 2 EXP / 2 EXP Career
35 cycle old, male Ornithun
Vitality: 5/5
Strength: 1
Smarts: 2
Spells:
Proficiencies: Persuasion 2, Culture 1, Short Range Weapons 1, Insight 2, Deception 1
Credits: 70
Equipment: Standard Plasma Blaster (+1, Short Range Energy Weapon), Translator Cube, Summon Spirit Ally (Spell)
Inventory: Nanite Filter

48966140126_7e3935929e_t.jpg Ensonvilterayquis (Enson) (Lord Duvors) 2 EXP / 2 EXP Career
60 cycle old, Male Quo’ri
Vitality: 6/6
Smarts: 1
Spirit: 2/2
Proficiencies: Melee Weapons 2, Medicine 1, Religion 2
Credits: 15
Equipment: Standard Void Star Hammer (+1, Melee Elemental Weapon), Healing Light (Spell), Purging Font (Spell)
Inventory: Nanite Filter, Plasma Potion, Energy Cell

48966319372_7ee12c7261_t.jpg Dunola (Kintobor) 2 EXP / 2 EXP Career
125 cycle old, Female Dwarf
Vitality: 3/5
Strength: 1
Skill: 1
Spirit: 3/3
Proficiencies: Arcana 3, Culture 1, Short Range Weapons 1, Engineering 1
Equipment: Standard Flame Thrower (+1, Short Range Elemental Weapon), Holo-Scroll, Elemental Evocation (Spell), Obfuscate (Spell), Transmutate Matter (Spell)
Inventory: Energy Cell, Plasma Potion

image.png.d71a0b846a2647368b22180582c7f090.pngTester-Three (samurai-turtle) 2 EXP / 2 EXP Career
One Cycle Old, Genderless, War Bot {Robotic}
Skill: 1
Smarts: 2
Proficiencies: Technology 2, Long Range Weapons 2, Piloting 1, Perception 1, Engineering 1,
Equipment: Standard Arm Cannon (+1, Long Range Energy Weapon), Standard Metallic Exoskeleton (+1 Kinetic Armor), Purging Font (Spell)
Inventory: Shield Booster, Plasma Potion

image.png.d94385591287615c0e37a071d086a824.pngYelana Fennix (Classic_Spaceman) 2 EXP / 2 EXP Career

Unknown Age Human Female
Proficiencies: Deception 2, Long Range Weapons 2, Technology 2
Equipment:  Dual-Mode Sniper Rifle E (+1, Long-Range Energy Weapon), Dual-Mode Sniper Rifle K (+1, Long-Range Kinetic Weapon), Obfuscate (Spell)
Inventory: Cloaking Generator, Hacking Chip, Nanite Filter

Edited by Endgame

45 minutes ago, Endgame said:

U0mnlFW.png

"Welcome. Do you know what model visor that is you are wearing, sir? I haven't seen that particular product in a while, if my hunch is right..."

Igaz tampers with his old visor.  It is old but at the same times seems like it is in mint condition though it lost its main functionality a while ago.

"This old thing?  I believe it is a Cyber Sight MK I."  He reaches his boney index finger beneath his helmet to scratch his temple.  "I'm not sure what exactly is wrong with it but it used to help me see things a lot better.  If rumors are to be true I hear the newer models allow you to see inside things and small details if you squint."

13 hours ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

I’m not saying they wouldn’t do it - I just don’t think they did. Impalo’s message is the only evidence of a rebel cell’s existence, and Faeja said that the dreadnought fired again a few days before we arrived, so I’m wondering if it’s a cover for something else - Mining or terraforming, maybe. Either that, or it’s an intimidation tactic in the lead-up to the inauguration. 
Maybe the guy at the kiosk knows something. I’ll ask

"Yelana, this is a planet. It's hardly improbable there's more then one group of rebels here."

He shook his head. "Look," he said, "I know you want there to be some big conspiracy or secret plot or something romantic and exciting like that, that you want the world to be lying to you, but I don't think that's the case. Sometimes the world is as it seems to be, regardless of what we want to see in it."

4 hours ago, Endgame said:

U0mnlFW.png
"Hmmm, the bells. I've asked around a little about it myself. These aren't the city bells, mind you, at least they weren't a little while ago. This is a new addition. Some sort of productivity aid? They ring from an hour before sunrise to an hour after sunset, so it seems. Keeps people up and working. I think there might be a spiritual aspect too. Something with their beloved Sovereign... Not that any of us have ever seen him. Or her." It was hard to read the salesman's face, based on the odd opaque helmet he had, but his tone sounded like he was legitimately a bit curious himself.

"Hmm, I see. Tell me, how have the Cydonians been treating labor unions since they arrived?"

5 hours ago, Endgame said:

H3vyIXa.png
Tinted Visor: +1 Energy Armor. Originally developed for gazing at Gnorra's frequent eclipses. Costs 15 credits. 

/// Will I be able to attach this to my systems? And you mentioned other stock is their a time frame when it comes in? 

OoC:

I also noticed Enson only has 1 EXP is that a mistake? And that brings up how does the EXP spending works?

Dunola scratches her beard, looking through the various helmets on display.

”Wish I knew about these helmets before the giant death laser went off. My visions still feeling a little off!”

OOC: Is the Gazerbeam headset a weapon, armour, or something else entirely? I’m a little confused.

6 hours ago, Endgame said:

The masked man looks up and clasps his hands together.

U0mnlFW.png
"Welcome. Surprised I have customers right now, to be honest. Stock is a little limited at the moment, but please, do peruse."

Tgieick.png
Gazerbeam Headset: +2, Elemental Short-Range weapon. Effective? Sure. Fashionable? Debatable! Costs 45 credits.

H3vyIXa.png

"These seem to be quite useful, although that gazerbeam seems to be quite expensive." Kleeck check his credits. "Quite expensive indeed. Would you be open to haggling?"

Many of the shops were temporarily closed down or not of particular use to the party, but one other little stall stood out, amongst the big box retailers and the food peddlers:

PX5okVs.png
"Hey, hello, welcome, and greetings! And how can I help you on this fine, fine, hopefully-no-more-smiting-please day?"

9odBaSQ.png

NmI0RHf.png

z1z0LQZ.png

"What do each of these do?" Kleeck inspected the items, bringing his head close to each one.

5 hours ago, Goliath said:

Igaz tampers with his old visor.  It is old but at the same times seems like it is in mint condition though it lost its main functionality a while ago.

"This old thing?  I believe it is a Cyber Sight MK I."  He reaches his boney index finger beneath his helmet to scratch his temple.  "I'm not sure what exactly is wrong with it but it used to help me see things a lot better.  If rumors are to be true I hear the newer models allow you to see inside things and small details if you squint."

U0mnlFW.png
"Ah, that's what I thought. Excellent product, shame about the recall. Turns out the light that passed through the UV filtering lens could give you some really nasty sunburns somehow. However... hardly a problem for you and I. I've been trying to get a hold of a crate of Mk. IIs for ages, but the shipping costs to get them here are just too high."

2 hours ago, Lord Duvors said:

"Yelana, this is a planet. It's hardly improbable there's more then one group of rebels here."

He shook his head. "Look," he said, "I know you want there to be some big conspiracy or secret plot or something romantic and exciting like that, that you want the world to be lying to you, but I don't think that's the case. Sometimes the world is as it seems to be, regardless of what we want to see in it."

"Hmm, I see. Tell me, how have the Cydonians been treating labor unions since they arrived?"

U0mnlFW.png
"No better or worse than they used to before. The Merchants' union is still just humming along."

54 minutes ago, samurai-turtle said:

/// Will I be able to attach this to my systems? And you mentioned other stock is their a time frame when it comes in? 

OoC:

Reveal hidden contents

I also noticed Enson only has 1 EXP is that a mistake? And that brings up how does the EXP spending works?

U0mnlFW.png
"I'm not expecting more for another week or so. And the stock I was handling, well, ah. The beam startled me into dropping it." He gestures down at the floor of his booth, bits of glass still littered around. "Part of the business... Ah, and if you bought the visor, having both armors might get a little bulky."

MM Note: Enson's EXP has been corrected, good catch. You can only wear one piece of armor at a time, so having both Tester-Three's exoskeleton and the visor is a negatory.

As for how you folks want to spend your hard earned EXP:

• You can spend 2 points to increase your Strength, Vitality, Skill, Smarts, or Spirits attribute by 1. So, you can all do this.
  • Alternatively, you can upgrade a proficiency. You can buy a brand new proficiency for 1 EXP, starting it at a value of 1 (e.g. Acrobatics 1). To upgrade it further, you need to spend EXP equal to the level of the proficiency you're trying to reach; so going from Acrobatics 1 to 2 takes 2 EXP, from 2 to 3 takes 3 EXP, from 3 to 4 to 4 EXP, and so on.

That about sums it up! You all have 2 EXP now, so you can invest if you wish. :classic:

10 minutes ago, Kintobor said:

Dunola scratches her beard, looking through the various helmets on display.

”Wish I knew about these helmets before the giant death laser went off. My visions still feeling a little off!”

OOC: Is the Gazerbeam headset a weapon, armour, or something else entirely? I’m a little confused.

MM Note: The gazerbeam is a weapon, while the other is a piece of armor - sorry if that was unclear.

U0mnlFW.png
"You got that right. The beam practically burned itself onto the faceplate. Just looking at you I see a red streak going down the middle of my vision, it was so bright. Oh well. At least it scared those hooligans back into that alley back there..."

6 minutes ago, KotZ said:

"These seem to be quite useful, although that gazerbeam seems to be quite expensive." Kleeck check his credits. "Quite expensive indeed. Would you be open to haggling?"

"What do each of these do?" Kleeck inspected the items, bringing his head close to each one.

U0mnlFW.png
"In all honesty, usually not, but I can't imagine having too much business today after what those clangers just did... so I don't see the harm. Only on the Gazerbeam, though. The other one happens to be on sale already."

Meanwhile, the strange potion-headed gentleman claps his hands, seeming almost... Giddy?

PX5okVs.png
"I am SO glad you asked! This blue concoction right here is a Nanite Filter... sip it down, and all of a sudden a malady of yours fades away. Nauseous? Gone. Dazed? Not any more. Bleeding? I dunno how but it still works! Plus, its mint flavored. That's honestly the best part if you ask me.

Next up is the ruby red Energy Cell. Everyone likes this one different. Some people drink it, chew it, smoke it, snort it, heaven forbid inject it, at the end of the day it amps you up and lets you hit harder. They happen to be banned in almost all sports leagues, whether recreational or professional, so please, don't use them for that. Winners don't use Energy Cells, you know what they say.

This green one is my absolute favorite, if you couldn't tell. A Plasma Potion! Gets you feeling nice, refreshed, and ready to go, even if you woke up in the wrong side of the bed... Or the wrong side of the solar system. Long story.

So, will you be having anything?"

MM Note: The official rules descriptions:

9odBaSQ.png
Plasma Potion: Each restores 1d6 of health on use.

NmI0RHf.png
Nanite Filter: Can be used to remove 1 status effect from an agent.

z1z0LQZ.png
Energy Cell: Can be used in conjunction with an Attack action. Doubles the Weapon Mod of that attack.

1 hour ago, Endgame said:

U0mnlFW.png
"You got that right. The beam practically burned itself onto the faceplate. Just looking at you I see a red streak going down the middle of my vision, it was so bright. Oh well. At least it scared those hooligans back into that alley back there.

/// Hooligans? Can you classify them? They sound like trouble we might have to deal with them. 

1 hour ago, Endgame said:

U0mnlFW.png

"In all honesty, usually not, but I can't imagine having too much business today after what those clangers just did... so I don't see the harm. Only on the Gazerbeam, though. The other one happens to be on sale already."

Kleeck straightened up in satisfaction. "If those are the rules for your establishment, then I have no qualms. They seem quite fair. For the Gazerbeam, perhaps we start at 20 credits? I happen to notice that it's just not as fashionable as newer models. Fashion is an important part of a culture, after all."

Meanwhile, the strange potion-headed gentleman claps his hands, seeming almost... Giddy?

PX5okVs.png
"I am SO glad you asked! This blue concoction right here is a Nanite Filter... sip it down, and all of a sudden a malady of yours fades away. Nauseous? Gone. Dazed? Not any more. Bleeding? I dunno how but it still works! Plus, its mint flavored. That's honestly the best part if you ask me.

Next up is the ruby red Energy Cell. Everyone likes this one different. Some people drink it, chew it, smoke it, snort it, heaven forbid inject it, at the end of the day it amps you up and lets you hit harder. They happen to be banned in almost all sports leagues, whether recreational or professional, so please, don't use them for that. Winners don't use Energy Cells, you know what they say.

This green one is my absolute favorite, if you couldn't tell. A Plasma Potion! Gets you feeling nice, refreshed, and ready to go, even if you woke up in the wrong side of the bed... Or the wrong side of the solar system. Long story.

So, will you be having anything?"

MM Note: The official rules descriptions:

9odBaSQ.png
Plasma Potion: Each restores 1d6 of health on use.

NmI0RHf.png
Nanite Filter: Can be used to remove 1 status effect from an agent.

z1z0LQZ.png
Energy Cell: Can be used in conjunction with an Attack action. Doubles the Weapon Mod of that attack.

"Thank you for the information, my friend. Let me think on it."

6 hours ago, Lord Duvors said:

Enson: We're here precisely because of a "secret plot". Besides, it's important to evaluate situations from a variety of possible angles. 

11 hours ago, Endgame said:

U0mnlFW.png
"What? The beam? No, absolutely not. First time I've ever seen it, and I imagine I couldn't have missed a previous one. Suddenly I empathize with the royal families just a smidge more."

Really? That's odd. One of the cargo-haulers at the shiplot said it happened before, a few days ago. 

U0mnlFW.png

"No better or worse than they used to before. The Merchants' union is still just humming along."

Merchants' Union? What do you know about them, and do they have any connection with an old workers' rights movement - The one with the four-chevron symbol? 

U0mnlFW.png
"You got that right. The beam practically burned itself onto the faceplate. Just looking at you I see a red streak going down the middle of my vision, it was so bright. Oh well. At least it scared those hooligans back into that alley back there..."

Oh, that reminds me - Have you seen a Fangreak come by here, recently? They're an insectoid species. The one we're looking for has a blue carapace and red eyes - I can pull up a holo, if you need it. We think he may have gone down that alley, but we're not sure where he went after that. 

Anyway, I'll take the Tinted Visor. Speaking of, when’s the next eclipse? This says they’re common, but I haven’t seen one since we arrived. 

H3vyIXa.png

qAj2at4.png

An eccentric and brightly colored stall, staffed by a man who appeared to have... a stylized potion for a head?

PX5okVs.png

9odBaSQ.png

NmI0RHf.png

z1z0LQZ.png

Uh. . . Yeah, hi. I'll have a Plasma Potion. By the way, I picked up this Nanite Filter earlier today, but the bottle says "Nanite Philter" - "P-H-I-L-T-E-R". Is that just a typo, or is it going to give me some kind of weird side-effects? 

OoC: What is the difference between the Perception and Insight proficiencies? 
New stats: 

image.png.d94385591287615c0e37a071d086a824.pngYelana Fennix (Classic_Spaceman) 1 EXP / 2 EXP Career

Unknown Age Human Female
Proficiencies: Deception 2, Long Range Weapons 2, Technology 2, Perception 1 
Credits: 0
Equipment:  Dual-Mode Sniper Rifle E (+1, Long-Range Energy Weapon), Dual-Mode Sniper Rifle K (+1, Long-Range Kinetic Weapon), Obfuscate (Spell), Tinted Visor E (+1, Energy Armor) 
Inventory: Cloaking Generator, Hacking Chip, Nanite Filter, Plasma Potion 

Edited by Classic_Spaceman

14 hours ago, Endgame said:

U0mnlFW.png

"You don't say?" Dunola comments at the mention of hooligans running into a back alley. "I'll take one of your Tinted Visors. I would prefer not to lose my vision to giant lasers being fired from... well, who knows where." Dunola places 15 credits on the merchant's stall.

16 hours ago, samurai-turtle said:

/// Hooligans? Can you classify them? They sound like trouble we might have to deal with them. 

U0mnlFW.png
"Hm, you uphold the law around here? Classify them... couldn't get a real good look at 'em. Cloaks and hoods and all that good stuff."

15 hours ago, KotZ said:

Kleeck straightened up in satisfaction. "If those are the rules for your establishment, then I have no qualms. They seem quite fair. For the Gazerbeam, perhaps we start at 20 credits? I happen to notice that it's just not as fashionable as newer models. Fashion is an important part of a culture, after all."

The man shakes his head. It was a tough act of persuasion, and unfortunately the argument about fashion failed to sway the shopkeep.

U0mnlFW.png
"Can't meet you there. That would be selling at a loss. I'll counter with 42 credits."

14 hours ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

Really? That's odd. One of the cargo-haulers at the shiplot said it happened before, a few days ago. 

Merchants' Union? What do you know about them, and do they have any connection with an old workers' rights movement - The one with the four-chevron symbol? 

Oh, that reminds me - Have you seen a Fangreak come by here, recently? They're an insectoid species. The one we're looking for has a blue carapace and red eyes - I can pull up a holo, if you need it. We think he may have gone down that alley, but we're not sure where he went after that. 

Anyway, I'll take the Tinted Visor. Speaking of, when’s the next eclipse? This says they’re common, but I haven’t seen one since we arrived.

Uh. . . Yeah, hi. I'll have a Plasma Potion. By the way, I picked up this Nanite Filter earlier today, but the bottle says "Nanite Philter" - "P-H-I-L-T-E-R". Is that just a typo, or is it going to give me some kind of weird side-effects?

U0mnlFW.png
"If they saw anything I'm sure it wasn't the caliber of the kind of heat they just showed a few minutes ago.

I know I'm a member of it. Can't say we've ever dealt with any four-chevron group.

Like I said, hooded, but one of the gentleman certainly had blue hands. Stood out. Didn't look like gloves, either."

The salesman takes the credits, nods, and dutifully boxes up a tinted visor.

"How long you been here, friend? Next eclipse should be in a couple of weeks. We get them every two or three months."

The potion-headed man seems elated to sell one of his favorites, but then concerned to see the vial.

PX5okVs.png
"If I may see it for a moment?" He unscrews the top and inserts a blank white strip. When it emerges, the strip is covered in little azure dots. "Hmm... Must just be a typo on the bottle! The tester is saying that is a 100% bona-fide feel-good nanite filter, yes indeed."

MM Note: The difference between the two is up to MM interpretation for now. As far as my personal interpretation would go, Insight is for inspecting something you can see, Perception is for something you can't (e.g. checking for traps and the like).

2 hours ago, Kintobor said:

"You don't say?" Dunola comments at the mention of hooligans running into a back alley. "I'll take one of your Tinted Visors. I would prefer not to lose my vision to giant lasers being fired from... well, who knows where." Dunola places 15 credits on the merchant's stall.

The merchant boxes up another tinted visor and slides it over.

U0mnlFW.png
"Smart. I hope I don't have to see another one of those ever again... the hairs on my neck are still standing up, agh."

U0mnlFW.png

"Can't meet you there. That would be selling at a loss. I'll counter with 42 credits."

"Ah, too bad. But you know what they say, it's just the start. 30 credits?"