Sign in to follow this  
Endgame

Heroica RPG 2.0 - Mission #0: Last Of Its Kind

The entrance to Jek's E-11 DART looks too secure.  Igaz takes note and hopes to come up with a strategy.

48966318642_892829535f_t.jpg

"Guys, looks like we've got our work cut out for us.  Jek's E-11 over there looks like it'll be difficult to get to.  There are cameras and a patrol right at the entrance.  I have no clue how we'll get in there but I may have an idea."

He turns to Tester-Three and Yelana.

"Think you both can set aside your differences and disable the security there?  You both seem to have the most knowledge about technology."

He then turns to Kleeck.

"You have a Translator Cube, right?  I'm not sure how intelligent these Oozelings are but perhaps you can use it to communicate with them.  We might be able to use them as a distraction for the guards.  Maybe leave Jek and present too."

Finally he turns to Feaja.

"I'm going to level with you, Feaja.  The owner of that ship over there-"  He points to the yellow E-11 DART.  "-is a bad man, a thief.  We are looking for him.  He is a Fangrear named Jek Flakko.  Do you know anything about him?  Maybe his whereabouts?"

19 minutes ago, Goliath said:

The entrance to Jek's E-11 DART looks too secure.  Igaz takes note and hopes to come up with a strategy.

"Guys, looks like we've got our work cut out for us.  Jek's E-11 over there looks like it'll be difficult to get to.  There are cameras and a patrol right at the entrance.  I have no clue how we'll get in there but I may have an idea."

He turns to Tester-Three and Yelana.

"Think you both can set aside your differences and disable the security there?  You both seem to have the most knowledge about technology."

Sounds easy enough to meI’ll check it out

27 minutes ago, Goliath said:

"I'm going to level with you, Feaja.  The owner of that ship over there-"  He points to the yellow E-11 DART.  "-is a bad man, a thief.  We are looking for him.  He is a Fangrear named Jek Flakko.  Do you know anything about him?  Maybe his whereabouts?"

wVPvlqr.png
"I've, never heard of a Jek Flakko, no. But wait a second - just, just, wait a second."

Faeja listens to the plan, and sees She puts her hands on her hips, and her expression hardens.

"Did you just agree to help me to get shiplot access? So you can poke around this Jek character and find his ship? You know what happens if you set off any alarms, don't you?"

4 minutes ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

Sounds easy enough to meI’ll check it out

Yelana sizes up the security around the E-11 Dart. It seemed like Jek had some premium parking in this neck of the woods. There was a gate in the middle of the mental fence, granting Jek the access he would need to get in and out, secured by a keypad. If one were to try to climb over, it seemed there was a camera, panning around to sense motion over the top. (Not to mention, these kind of things were often electrified.) A red droid stands on the outside of the gate, seemingly inert, but almost certainly ready to do... something, if some condition was fulfilled.

1 minute ago, Endgame said:

wVPvlqr.png
"I've, never heard of a Jek Flakko, no. But wait a second - just, just, wait a second."

Faeja listens to the plan, and sees She puts her hands on her hips, and her expression hardens.

"Did you just agree to help me to get shiplot access? So you can poke around this Jek character and find his ship? You know what happens if you set off any alarms, don't you?"

Of course not - And we know what we’re doing, so we won’t be setting any alarms off. 

3 minutes ago, Endgame said:

Yelana sizes up the security around the E-11 Dart. It seemed like Jek had some premium parking in this neck of the woods. There was a gate in the middle of the mental fence, granting Jek the access he would need to get in and out, secured by a keypad. If one were to try to climb over, it seemed there was a camera, panning around to sense motion over the top. (Not to mention, these kind of things were often electrified.) A red droid stands on the outside of the gate, seemingly inert, but almost certainly ready to do... something, if some condition was fulfilled.

Well. . . I, let’s see. . . We can talk to that droid if you can wake it up. It’ll probably respond better to one of its own kind. 

23 minutes ago, Endgame said:

wVPvlqr.png

Igaz stares at Faeja for one seemingly long minute.

"No."  He continues.  "Do you want our help or not?  Looks like we are the best help you got, unless you want to wait for your new caretakers to help you out.  But I would imagine your ship will be completely ruined by then.  Surely you agree that the Cydonians have no care for you and your problems."

10 minutes ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

Well. . . I, let’s see. . . We can talk to that droid if you can wake it up. It’ll probably respond better to one of its own kind. 

"Agreed."

Igaz nods to Tester-Three.

"Think you can smooth-talk that droid over there?"

5 minutes ago, Goliath said:

Igaz stares at Faeja for one seemingly long minute.

"No."  He continues.  "Do you want our help or not?  Looks like we are the best help you got, unless you want to wait for your new caretakers to help you out.  But I would imagine your ship will be completely ruined by then.  Surely you agree that the Cydonians have no care for you and your problems."

Igaz: Be nice - I’m sure she’s just rattled by whatever these “oozlings” are. 
Faeja: Your name’s ‘Faeja’, right? Before we open that door, is there anything else we need to know about these creatures

1 hour ago, Goliath said:

Think you both can set aside your differences and disable the security there?  You both seem to have the most knowledge about technology

/// I am guessing their is firewalls. I was looking for "actions" earlier and got kicked off a simple road sign. 

56 minutes ago, Endgame said:

Did you just agree to help me to get shiplot access? So you can poke around this Jek character and find his ship? You know what happens if you set off any alarms, don't you?

/// No, what happens, more enemies show up? 

23 minutes ago, Goliath said:

Think you can smooth-talk that droid over there?

/// Probably not, I could try to reprogram the "Red Droid" but that might take some time. 

/// Shouldn't we try to deal with the "oozling(s)" first...Battle strategy what if we "push" said "oozling(s)" into E-11 Dart. If they like stuff in spaceships it would disable said spaceship. 

17 minutes ago, samurai-turtle said:

/// Probably not, I could try to reprogram the "Red Droid" but that might take some time. 

/// Shouldn't we try to deal with the "oozling(s)" first...Battle strategy what if we "push" said "oozling(s)" into E-11 Dart. If they like stuff in spaceships it would disable said spaceship. 

"Hmmm... we could ask the red droid first.  Maybe see if we can convince it to help?"

"We'll get to the Oozelings.  If Kleeck can communicate with them, just maybe they can be useful.  Faeja says they like ship insulation and I'm sure Jek's ship has plenty of it.  But we should try to see if we can get to it without raising too much suspicion.  His ship must have valuable information aboard."

On 1/15/2020 at 11:10 PM, Endgame said:

wVPvlqr.png
"Oh, no, no, don't apologize! I must've seemed so insensitive asking that, like it was a title instead of your clan... Well, that all sounds very fascinating! I haven't met any dwarves on my product runs, but I hope I do now."

“Eh, it’s alright.” Dunola replies. “I can’t expect everyone to know everything about us dwarves. The universe is a big place, and I doubt anyone could see it all in one’s lifetime.”

22 hours ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

I am, and remember what I said - Hold your fire until I get a good look at these things. Faeja’s description of these “oozlings” sounded pretty familiar, don’t you think? 

“Look, if you’re so keen on examining the little critters and getting up close to them, go ahead and take the front. I, for one, intend to roast any of these oozelings that come out of this ship!” Dunola slaps her flamethrower.

5 hours ago, samurai-turtle said:

/// I am guessing their is firewalls. I was looking for "actions" earlier and got kicked off a simple road sign. 

5 hours ago, Goliath said:

"Hmmm... we could ask the red droid first.  Maybe see if we can convince it to help?"

I agree with Igaz - We’re not breaking into anything right now - I just want to talk to that droid. It could’ve seen Jek, or it could disable the gate’s security for us - Which we won’t know, if you trigger security protocols or wipe its memory

5 hours ago, samurai-turtle said:

No. No. We’re not sabotaging that ship - I need to check the flight logs and communications data. Besides, we need the ship to stay intact, in case we need something to sell to get into the auction. 

5 hours ago, Kintobor said:

“Look, if you’re so keen on examining the little critters and getting up close to them, go ahead and take the front. I, for one, intend to roast any of these oozelings that come out of this ship!” Dunola slaps her flamethrower.

Dunola: Think for a frelling second - Didn’t Faeja’s description of these “oozlings” seem a little familiar

OOC: I'll take Summon Spirit Ally as my spell.

"Wait, Yenala," Kleeck said, "are you believing oozelings could be related to the egg?"

"Everyone please settle down. I know it's exciting to find our quarry's spaceship, but we have no way of accessing it currently. That is a bridge we can cross later, especially as there is someone right in front of us who we have already promised to help. And Yelana, just because these creatures are apparently tentacled don't mean they're related in any way to the thing we are looking for. Especially if they reproduce by fission as I believe has been indicated."

"Miss," he said shifting to face Faeja and nodding slightly, "I apologize, we are of course happy to help you in any way we can and would do so even if we didn't need access to this lot. We are ready whenever you are."

Enson is ready.

@Endgame @Goliath @KotZ @Kintobor @samurai-turtle @Classic_Spaceman

"I still think we should use them as a distraction, it may be our only chance of getting in there.  We should talk to the red droid first.  If it's of no use, then I am ready to deal with the Oozelings.."

"Well, it seems we must find out." Kleeck made himself ready.

10 hours ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

Think for a frelling second - Didn’t Faeja’s description of these “oozlings” seem a little familiar

/// I find you thinking vague and unconvincing, plus possibly dangerous. 

15 hours ago, Kintobor said:

/// Agree, send her up front. 

3 hours ago, Goliath said:

"I still think we should use them as a distraction, it may be our only chance of getting in there.  We should talk to the red droid first.  If it's of no use, then I am ready to deal with the Oozelings.."

/// If you can not focus, I will try to make the current problem an advantage. 

Before any one could stop it. Tester-Three marches right up to the "Red Droid" and asked it.

/// Pardon me, I have been authorized to eliminate an "oozling" problem. And I am trying to calculate how big the said problem truly is, have any of your vessels been infected? 

19 hours ago, samurai-turtle said:

/// If you can not focus, I will try to make the current problem an advantage. 

Before any one could stop it. Tester-Three marches right up to the "Red Droid" and asked it.

/// Pardon me, I have been authorized to eliminate an "oozling" problem. And I am trying to calculate how big the said problem truly is, have any of your vessels been infected? 

The inert red droid stirs to life when it is asked a question.

Uma7uDX.png
"Received Query: Is there an oozeling infestation in this sector? Answer: no, less than 5% of ships have reported Oozeling issues, and is therefore not recognized as a major issue by the Cydonian Collective. If new figures are fine, please report them at once."

wVPvlqr.png
"Listen, you guys. I really appreciate your help, but if you do anything suspicious, well, I'm the one who swiped you guys in. You'll be sharing a jail cell with me. So listen, if this jek guy is that bad, please, be careful when it comes time to, ah, "investigate" his ship. Now then..."

Faeja presses a button on a remote, and the cargo door slides down with a mechanical hiss. Lured out by sunlight and fresh air, four creatures come shambling out from the confines of the ship...

NbULAAA.png

wVPvlqr.png
"Ech, that's them!" Faeja quickly takes three paces backwards, disgusted by the four slimy entities. Their tentacles writhe as they propel themselves forward, the strange stalks on their head pointing at the party of agents...

edTNN1b.pngedTNN1b.pngedTNN1b.pngAOeLHvo.png
"Grrraaauuughhh!"

They lunge forward, leaving a gelatinous trail across the patterned stone ground of the shiplot. They were certainly aggressive little creatures!

AGENTS, PREPARE FOR CONFLICT!

The Battle Grid:

Ptwg2Py.png

When declaring your action for round one, first specify which vacant (white) square you want to start in. Next, choose which action you'd like to perform!

Turn order is decided based on Skill stat. Tie breakers will be decided via die roll.

Agent turn order:

Yelana
Kleek
Enson
Igaz
Tester-Three
Dunola

Enemy turn order:

Oozeling Stoic
Oozeling A
Oozeling C
Oozeling B

The Enemy Party:

edTNN1b.png "Grurk!"
Oozeling A
Vitality: 4/4
Strength: 1
Skill: 1
Smarts: 1
Spirit: 1/1
Proficiencies: Melee Weapons 1
Equipment: Slimy Fangs (+1, Melee Kinetic Weapon), Sickening Radiance (Spell)
Drops: Plasma Potion x3

edTNN1b.png "Myurg!"
Oozeling B
Drops: Nanite Philter x2

edTNN1b.png "Bluh, bluh..."
Oozeling C
Drops: Energy Cell

AOeLHvo.png"...Mrm."
Oozeling Stoic
Vitality: 7/7
Strength: 2
Skill: 2
Proficiencies: Artillery Weapons 1
Equipment: Slimy Fangs (+1, Melee Kinetic Weapon), Projectile Spit (+1, Artillery Elemental Weapon), Sickening Radiance (Spell)
Drops: 60 credits

Agent Party:

48966318642_892829535f_t.jpg Igaz (Goliath)
300 Cycle, Male Undead
Vitality: 7/7
Smarts: 1
Proficiencies: Athletics 1, Intimidation 1, Melee Weapons 2, Short Range Weapons 1
Credits: 10
Equipment: Standard Vibrolance (+1, Melee Kinetic Weapon), Standard Plate Armor (+1 Kinetic Armor), Warding Bond (Spell)
Inventory: Shield Booster

48966139361_407b291de0_t.jpg Kleeck (KotZ)
35 cycle old, male Ornithun
Vitality: 5/5
Smarts: 2
Spells:
Proficiencies: Persuasion 2, Culture 1, Short Range Weapons 1, Insight 2, Deception 1
Credits: 60
Equipment: Standard Plasma Blaster (+1, Short Range Energy Weapon), Translator Cube, Summon Spirit Ally (Spell)
Inventory:

48966140126_7e3935929e_t.jpg Ensonvilterayquis (Enson) (Lord Duvors)
60 cycle old, Male Quo’ri
Vitality: 6/6
Spirit: 2/2
Proficiencies: Melee Weapons 2, Medicine 1, Religion 2
Equipment: Standard Void Star Hammer (+1, Melee Elemental Weapon), Healing Light (Spell), Purging Font (Spell)
Inventory: Nanite Filter, Plasma Potion

48966319372_7ee12c7261_t.jpg Dunola (Kintobor)
125 cycle old, Female Dwarf
Vitality: 5/5
Spirit: 3/3
Proficiencies: Arcana 3, Culture 1, Short Range Weapons 1, Engineering 1
Equipment: Standard Flame Thrower (+1, Short Range Elemental Weapon), Holo-Scroll, Elemental Evocation (Spell), Obfuscate (Spell), Transmutate Matter (Spell)
Inventory: Energy Cell

image.png.d71a0b846a2647368b22180582c7f090.pngTester-Three (samurai-turtle)
One Cycle Old, Genderless, War Bot {Robotic}
Smarts: 2
Proficiencies: Technology 2, Long Range Weapons 2, Piloting 1, Perception 1, Engineering 1,
Equipment: Standard Arm Cannon (+1, Long Range Energy Weapon), Standard Metallic Exoskeleton (+1 Kinetic Armor), Purging Font (Spell)
Inventory: Shield Booster

image.png.d94385591287615c0e37a071d086a824.pngYelana Fennix (Classic_Spaceman)

Unknown Age Human Female
Proficiencies: Deception 2, Long Range Weapons 2, Technology 2
Equipment:  Dual-Mode Sniper Rifle E (+1, Long-Range Energy Weapon), Dual-Mode Sniper Rifle K (+1, Long-Range Kinetic Weapon), Obfuscate (Spell)
Inventory: Cloaking Generator, Hacking Chip

Mission Master Note: Here we go, ladies and gents, Heroica 2.0's first official unofficial combat scenario! Here is a quick refresher on what actions you can take in battle. Feel free to ask me any questions you might have!

7oMhgy6.png

Edited by Endgame

Not Sabrillos, then. Fine. 
<Saatak’a D’evlor. . . Zh’ekor

On 1/17/2020 at 11:31 PM, Endgame said:

Ptwg2Py.png

Ok - We need to surround them, so they can’t go anywhere. I’ll take the Stoic from D6, Energy setting

Edited by Classic_Spaceman

Igaz pulls out his Vibrolance and grips it tightly.

"These creature are nasty... literally, in every sense.  Let's kill them."

Igaz heads to E4 and Attacks the Oozeling Stoic.

1 hour ago, Endgame said:

Uma7uDX.png
"Received Query: Is there an oozeling infestation in this sector? Answer: no, less than 5% of ships have reported Oozeling issues, and is therefore not recognized as a major issue by the Cydonian Collective. If new figures are fine, please report them at once

/// Affirmative, I will add this information to my report. Thank you for the information. 

Coming back towards the ship spotting the new "oozling" mob, Tester-Three right arm makes a "fist pumping" motion. And audible noises could be heard as it weapon system goes on line. 

/// Battle mode engage, target(s) acquired. 

Takes position C1 and attacks "oozling" A at C3 

OoC:

Don't I get my spell "purging font"?

Spoiler

Why do the Oozelings have short range weapon proficiency when they have no short range weapons? I feel that's a mistake.

Also, Dunola should have four spells thanks to the Holo Scroll.

"Igaz," Enson said, "I think it would be better for you to take one of the unoccupied Ooozelings and let Kleeck or Dunola assist Yelana instead!"

Enson will attack Oozeling A from D2.

@Endgame @Goliath @KotZ @Kintobor

Edited by Lord Duvors

“Let me help with the Stoic. It seems with its artillery proficiency, it will not be boosted against my short range weapon.”

kleeck attacks stoic from F4.

He pulls out his weapon and levels it at the oozeling. 

Mission Master Note: Sorry for the issues! Indeed, you should have had Purging Font, and yes, Oozelings are meant to be melee specialists. Dunola should not have a fourth spell yet, because she has yet to expend the Holo Scroll.

Let me know if there are further things to fix.

Edited by Endgame

11 hours ago, samurai-turtle said:

Coming back towards the ship spotting the new "oozling" mob, Tester-Three right arm makes a "fist pumping" motion. And audible noises could be heard as it weapon system goes on line. 

/// Battle mode engage, target(s) acquired. 

Takes position C1 and attacks "oozling" A at C3 

OoC:

Reveal hidden contents

Don't I get my spell "purging font"?

2 hours ago, Lord Duvors said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Why do the Oozelings have short range weapon proficiency when they have no short range weapons? I feel that's a mistake.

"Igaz," Enson said, "I think it would be better for you to take one of the unoccupied Ooozelings and let Kleeck or Dunola assist Yelana instead!"

/// Adding sub target to primarily target. 

Takes position C1 and attacks "oozling" A at C3 (sub target "oozling" B at C4) 

OoC:

Lord Duvors we seem to be attacking the same oozling is this on purpose or a miss labeling? 

Endgame, I asked this the other thread, but I better ask it here. Can we move and target enemies from a diagonal?

1 minute ago, samurai-turtle said:

Reveal hidden contents

Lord Duvors we seem to be attacking the same oozling is this on purpose or a miss labeling? 

Spoiler

Oh, sorry. I thought you were attacking Oozeling B for some reason, I'll change that.

Enson will attack Oozeling C from D2.

@Endgame

Edited by Lord Duvors

3 hours ago, Lord Duvors said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Spoiler

I think it would be best if I attack the Oozeling Stoic and we kill it first.  It has an Artillery attack which should not affect me as I am one square in front of it.  The others just have basic Melee attacks which should not be much of a problem for everyone else for a turn because they have to be one square in front of you to attack.