Sign in to follow this  
Endgame

Heroica RPG 2.0 - Mission #0: Last Of Its Kind

This is a test mission for the work-in-progress Heroica 2.0, and is meant only for the six selected players to participate in.

If you are curious about the game's development, have a suggestion for a rule change, or want to comment on the quest's progress, please visit the Heroica RPG 2.0 discussion thread.

The events of this quest are, as of now, non-canon - any story content or lore seen may or may not be part of the final game.

-------------

ccKPE7w.png

Untold ages ago, societies across the galaxy broke their terrestrial bonds, and took to the cosmos. Countless beings now wandered through space, seeking glory among the stars. Six such individuals were doing just that, united by a common employer, a common point of departure, and a common goal. Six agents of Heroica were on a ship from Heroica Station, en route to the planet Gnorra - in hopes of saving an egg of a critically endangered species.

However, in a celestial sea dominated by speedy spacecraft and imposing dreadnoughts, the agents of Heroica found their current vessel to be a bit, ah...

HhlWfXD.png

Humble. Humble was a good word for it.

And so the (once bright emerald, but now more of a sandy green) Initium cruised through the depths of space, carrying the party of heroes-to-be towards their ultimate objective. It was a reliable enough vessel, fast enough to get to Gnorra in a reasonable time, but a bit sparse when it came to luxuries.

Hl2nuaG.png

The cramped bridge was a testament to that. Six chairs corresponded to the six people aboard, embarking on adventure. And those six individuals were:

The Party:

48966318642_892829535f_t.jpg Igaz (Goliath)
300 Cycle, Male Undead
Vitality: 7/7
Strength: 2
Skill: 2
Smarts: 1
Spirit: 1
Proficiencies: Athletics 1, Intimidation 1, Melee Weapons 2, Short Range Weapons 1
Credits: 10
Equipment: Standard Vibrolance (+1, Melee Kinetic Weapon), Standard Plate Armor (+1 Kinetic Armor)
Inventory: Shield Booster

48966139361_407b291de0_t.jpg Kleeck (KotZ)
35 cycle old, male Ornithun
Vitality: 5/5
Strength: 1
Smarts: 2
Proficiencies: Persuasion 2, Culture 1, Short Range Weapons 1, Insight 2, Deception 1
Credits: 60
Equipment: Standard Plasma Blaster (+1, Short Range Energy Weapon), Translator Cube
Inventory:

48966140126_7e3935929e_t.jpg Ensonvilterayquis (Enson) (Lord Duvors)
60 cycle old, Male Quo’ri
Vitality: 6/6
Smarts: 1
Spirit: 2
Proficiencies: Melee Weapons 2, Medicine 1, Religion 2
Equipment: Standard Void Star Hammer (+1, Melee Elemental Weapon)
Inventory: Nanite Filter, Plasma Potion

48966319372_7ee12c7261_t.jpg Dunola (Kintobor)
125 cycle old, Female Dwarf
Vitality: 5/5
Strength: 1
Skill: 1
Spirit: 3
Proficiencies: Arcana 3, Culture 1, Short Range Weapons 1, Engineering 1
Equipment: Standard Flame Thrower (+1, Short Range Elemental Weapon), Holo-Scroll
Inventory: Energy Cell

image.png.d71a0b846a2647368b22180582c7f090.pngTester-Three (samurai-turtle)
One Cycle Old, Genderless, War Bot {Robotic}
Skill: 1
Smarts: 2
Proficiencies: Technology 2, Long Range Weapons 2, Piloting 1, Perception 1, Engineering 1,
Equipment: Standard Arm Cannon (+1, Long Range Energy Weapon), Standard Metallic Exoskeleton (+1 Kinetic Armor)
Inventory: Shield Booster

image.png.d94385591287615c0e37a071d086a824.pngYelana Fennix (Classic_Spaceman)

Unknown Age Human Female
Proficiencies: Deception 2, Long Range Weapons 2, Technology 2
Equipment:  Dual-Mode Sniper Rifle E (+1, Long-Range Energy Weapon), Dual-Mode Sniper Rifle K (+1, Long-Range Kinetic Weapon)
Inventory: Cloaking Generator, Hacking Chip

-----

Truth be told, it wasn't all so bad - although their six seats were packed together like sardines, there was not that much need to linger on the bridge for too long. After all, one of Heroica's many trusty nav droids was at the helm, operating the trio of control panels at his mechanical fingertips with programmed precision. The lack of warning sirens, space turbulence, loud noises, and flashing lights was a testament to their current pilot's expertise.

cHpkTYJ.png
"Let's see... All systems green... Fuel deposits plentiful... Wings stable... Destination will be reached in two hours... Feel like I'm forgetting something...

Landing gear! When the time comes, which one of these operates the landing gear..."

A consummate professional, down to his circuits. He soon turns to face his passengers as the Initium chugs along.

"Ah, never mind that. Welcome aboard, Agents of Heroica!"

Mission Master Note: Hello and welcome to Mission Zero, everybody! The six of you ( @Kintobor, @samurai-turtle, @Classic_Spaceman, @Goliath, @KotZ, @Lord Duvors) have 24 - 36 hours to confirm participation. Settle in, get roleplaying, and get ready for the ride. :classic:

Audible computer sounds were heard coming from Tester-Three as it started the  final booting up sequence...energy level max...weapons system operational...mobility fully functional...external sensors on...

Stared talking in it standard mono tone voice...

/// Is their a problem? Are we under attack already? 

42 minutes ago, Endgame said:

cHpkTYJ.png
"Let's see... All systems green... Fuel deposits plentiful... Wings stable... Destination will be reached in two hours... Feel like I'm forgetting something...

Landing gear! When the time comes, which one of these operates the landing gear..."

A consummate professional, down to his circuits. He soon turns to face his passengers as the Initium chugs along.

Enson nodded politely to the droid. "Thank you sir," he said, "Your welcome is most appreciated, as are your skills as a pilot."

The monk was sitting cross-legged in his chair, his hands clasped across his stomach and a cheerful smile on his face. Though his seatbelt was a little too tight for comfort. Still, he could live with it.

Shifting slightly in his chair, he turned to look at Kleeck. "Tell me," he said addressing the Ornithun, "I understand you are versed in the cultures and languages of many different worlds. Tell me, have you ever been to this planet before or have any special insight into it's inhabitants?"

@KotZ

6 minutes ago, samurai-turtle said:

/// Is their a problem? Are we under attack already? 

"Hmm, what?" Enson said, looking over the back of his chair at the robot with a confused frown. "Why, no. Whatever made you think such a thing?"

Just now, Lord Duvors said:

@KotZ

"Hmm, what?" Enson said, looking over the back of his chair at the robot with a confused frown. "Why, no. Whatever made you think such a thing?"

/// The pilot mentioned the "landing gear". In a way that seems like their is a potential problem. 

cHpkTYJ.png

"No, no problems here! I, uh, ah. This happens to be a very old ship, you know. Your Heroica organization bought it and refurbished it, and it seems that the controls are somewhat non-standard. Not to worry, I calculate with 99.98% certainty I will have it all figured out by the time we land in Haurbo Spaceport."

"And if we are worrying about hostile attack, worry even less, because crime statistics in this sector are at an all time low over the last couple dozen star cycles. Which is good, because this thing has next to no firepower on it."

Edited by Endgame

Mesmerized by the site of space, Igaz cannot help himself but enjoy the view.  Exploring space was something he would have never imagined doing when he was alive... however long ago that was.  He snaps out of it as the droid begins to speak.

1 hour ago, Endgame said:

cHpkTYJ.png

48966318642_892829535f_t.jpg

"Very good!"

Igaz takes notice of the pilot.  He looks too shiny to be a person.  And certainly sounds unnatural.  Memories of automatons come to mind.  Certainly he must be one.

"Apologies but do you have a name, automaton?  I am not entirely accustomed to these times.  It's a rather long story." 

<IRIS - I need all available data on the planet ‘Gnorra’> 

11 hours ago, Endgame said:

cHpkTYJ.png
"... Feel like I'm forgetting something...

Sorry. . . What? 

10 hours ago, Endgame said:

cHpkTYJ.png

"No, no problems here! I, uh, ah. This happens to be a very old ship, you know. Your Heroica organization bought it and refurbished it, and it seems that the controls are somewhat non-standard. Not to worry, I calculate with 99.98% certainty I will have it all figured out by the time we land in Haurbo Spaceport."

Riiiight. . . I feel so safe.
Do we at least have jetpacks or parachutes on-board? If we can’t make the landing, we may need to jump from low-orbit. 

Anyway, if it won’t distract from your “piloting”, is there anything you can tell us about this mission that we don’t already know? 

OoC: In-character text is in bold. 

Edited by Classic_Spaceman

2 hours ago, Goliath said:

Mesmerized by the site of space, Igaz cannot help himself but enjoy the view.  Exploring space was something he would have never imagined doing when he was alive... however long ago that was.  He snaps out of it as the droid begins to speak.

"Very good!"

Igaz takes notice of the pilot.  He looks too shiny to be a person.  And certainly sounds unnatural.  Memories of automatons come to mind.  Certainly he must be one.

"Apologies but do you have a name, automaton?  I am not entirely accustomed to these times.  It's a rather long story." 

cHpkTYJ.png
"This organization is teeming with long stories, don't worry about it. I'm Nav Droid Model Number 567 Designation KR-88... but Kayarr works.

9 minutes ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

Do we at least have jetpacks or parachutes on-board? If we can’t make the landing, we may need to jump from low-orbit. 

Anyway, if it won’t distract from your “piloting”, is there anything you can tell us about this mission that we don’t already know?

cHpkTYJ.png
"In case of emergency landing, please use the flotation devices under your seats. If we crash somewhere other than water... well... You do the math.

So, I can tell you a couple of things. First, I'm pretty sure your client, Kyler Vannoy, will be ringing us up on the holo-projector in approximately ten minutes (plus or minus a confidence interval of 96.36 seconds) to give you guys the full rundown on your mission.

Second, from what I know about the planet Gnorra... it recently went under occupation."

3 minutes ago, Endgame said:

cHpkTYJ.png
"In case of emergency landing, please use the flotation devices under your seats. If we crash somewhere other than water... well... You do the math.

Second, from what I know about the planet Gnorra... it recently went under occupation."

/// I am sure the squishy organics would appreciate if you are going to crash, to do it in the water. They are not as durable as us. 

/// Occupation? Who is occupying Gnorra? Are they hostel? 

29 minutes ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

Sorry. . . What? 

/// It mentioned something about the "landing gear". 

6 hours ago, Endgame said:

cHpkTYJ.png
"In case of emergency landing, please use the flotation devices under your seats. If we crash somewhere other than water... well... You do the math.” 

Really should've reinstalled my jetpack. 

cHpkTYJ.png
"So, I can tell you a couple of things. First, I'm pretty sure your client, Kyler Vannoy, will be ringing us up on the holo-projector in approximately ten minutes (plus or minus a confidence interval of 96.36 seconds) to give you guys the full rundown on your mission.”

Roger. . . Roger. 

cHpkTYJ.png
"Second, from what I know about the planet Gnorra... it recently went under occupation."

Recently? How recently - A few dozen cycles ago, perhaps? Explains the low crime-rate - and why I can’t seem to make contact with the IRIS data network. This'll be frelling fun.

6 hours ago, samurai-turtle said:

Yeah, I know that. You don’t get emotions, do you? 

OoC: In case it is not clear, I am playing Yelana as sarcastic/snarky, not actually being that way towards anyone. 

48 minutes ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

Yeah, I know that. You don’t get emotions, do you? 

/// I thought you have hearing problems, or just confused. Plus I do know of emotions, just not a "Grand Master" of said emotions. 

5 hours ago, samurai-turtle said:

/// I thought you have hearing problems, or just confused. 

That’s what I’d hoped, but no. No problems - Just a .02% chance of fiery death. 

OoC: I changed the format of OoC notes, so as not to be confused with Tester-Three’s speech. 

10 hours ago, Endgame said:

cHpkTYJ.png
"This organization is teeming with long stories, don't worry about it. I'm Nav Droid Model Number 567 Designation KR-88... but Kayarr works.

cHpkTYJ.png

So, I can tell you a couple of things. First, I'm pretty sure your client, Kyler Vannoy, will be ringing us up on the holo-projector in approximately ten minutes (plus or minus a confidence interval of 96.36 seconds) to give you guys the full rundown on your mission.

"Huh... that's quite a name.  I'll just call you Kayarr than."

"So, Kayarr, what can you tell us about this Kyler Vannoy?  And exactly who is occupying Gnorra?  If we are going to run into trouble, we should know what we'll be up against."

15 hours ago, Lord Duvors said:

Shifting slightly in his chair, he turned to look at Kleeck. "Tell me," he said addressing the Ornithun, "I understand you are versed in the cultures and languages of many different worlds. Tell me, have you ever been to this planet before or have any special insight into it's inhabitants?"

@KotZ

Kleeck sat up in his chair. "Why yes, I know of many cultures and languages, but I have never ventured here. I would expect multiple species we will interact with, with a high possibility of us meeting someone who's culture I understand."

13 hours ago, samurai-turtle said:

/// I am sure the squishy organics would appreciate if you are going to crash, to do it in the water. They are not as durable as us. 

/// Occupation? Who is occupying Gnorra? Are they hostel? 

cHpkTYJ.png
"Yep... you know how fragile squishies are. Don't worry, this ship will land just fine."

"As for who is occupying Gnorra, well... Here, take a look."

The Nav Droid hits a button on its control panel, and one of the ship's monitors swings down.

XFmLAxe.png

cHpkTYJ.png
"Seems to be the Cydonian Collective. As for are they hostile or not... Well, I don't know. I pilot rust buckets like this, not politics. The only thing that I know about 'em is that they require a landing pass to use their ports, so I did the legwork and got you this..."

Kayarr presents Tester-Three with:

3pjfDiT.png
Landing Pass: A Landing Pass that authorizes one docking at a Cydonian controlled spaceport. It is stamped with the Cydonian sigil.

12 hours ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

Recently? How recently - A few dozen cycles ago, perhaps? Explains the low crime-rate - and why I can’t seem to make contact with the IRIS data network. This'll be frelling fun.

cHpkTYJ.png
"Even more recently than that, although I'm willing to bet that is playing a part in things. New sheriff in town, unsavory types tend to duck their heads until they figure out just how serious they are about law enforcement. Some... are less strict than othes, let me put it that way."

3 hours ago, Goliath said:

"Huh... that's quite a name.  I'll just call you Kayarr than."

"So, Kayarr, what can you tell us about this Kyler Vannoy?  And exactly who is occupying Gnorra?  If we are going to run into trouble, we should know what we'll be up against."

cHpkTYJ.png
"Kyler Vannoy is a high ranking member of the Galactic Lifeform Endangered Species Protectors, so says his business card. Some sort of activist, seems real passionate about that kinda thing. I'm a droid, so I can't really get all worked up to the degree he does, but it seems like GLESP does some okay work...

And yeah, we're going into Cydonian territory, so it seems. Kyler might have more on that when he calls in."

2 hours ago, KotZ said:

Kleeck sat up in his chair. "Why yes, I know of many cultures and languages, but I have never ventured here. I would expect multiple species we will interact with, with a high possibility of us meeting someone who's culture I understand."

cHpkTYJ.png
"Here's hoping. I've never been to Gnorra myself, and certainly not under these circumstances. Not that it matters, I'm barely let out the ship anyway..."

Edited by Endgame

11 minutes ago, Endgame said:

cHpkTYJ.png

"Kyler Vannoy is a high ranking member of the Galactic Lifeform Endangered Species Protectors, so says his business card. Some sort of activist, seems real passionate about that kinda thing. I'm a droid, so I can't really get all worked up to the degree he does, but it seems like GLESP does some okay work...

And yeah, we're going into Cydonian territory, so it seems. Kyler might have more on that when he calls in."

Igaz casually nods his head in response.

"What else can you tell us about Mr. Vannoy?  You say he's an activist, very passionate too.  Just how passionate is he?  Does he have a clean history?"

Dunola, having been quiet so far, takes a drag off of her e-pipe, blowing a cloud into the air, the faint aroma of fruit drifting through the cabin.

”Cydonnian occupation, eh? Kayarr, what else have the Cydonnian’s been up to? Are they known for planetary occupations?”

OOG: Guess who’s back. Kinto’s back. Tell a friend. :poke:

5 hours ago, KotZ said:

"Excellent! It's always useful to have someone of your expertise along. I've often wished I knew more of alien cultures myself. In fact my desire to learn more is part of the reason I left Vin'quo, my homeworld, in the first place."

He paused for a moment before continuing. "Tell me, have you ever been to Vin'quo yourself?"

3 hours ago, Endgame said:

cHpkTYJ.png
"Even more recently than that, although I'm willing to bet that is playing a part in things. New sheriff in town, unsavory types tend to duck their heads until they figure out just how serious they are about law enforcement. Some... are less strict than othes, let me put it that way."

Enson paused as his conversation was briefly interrupted by the droid's presentation, a stern frown replacing his former expression as he learned of the planet's current state. He shook his head grimly, saying as he did; "I'm afraid that military occupiers are rarely lenient in enforcing their dictates upon a subjugated people, we may have to act discreetly for the duration of our stay." 

4 hours ago, Endgame said:

cHpkTYJ.png
"Here's hoping. I've never been to Gnorra myself, and certainly not under these circumstances. Not that it matters, I'm barely let out the ship anyway..."

“Thank you for your answer. Perhaps it is possible you can leave the ship this time.”

2 hours ago, Kintobor said:

Dunola, having been quiet so far, takes a drag off of her e-pipe, blowing a cloud into the air, the faint aroma of fruit drifting through the cabin.

“I’m quite sorry, ma’am but is it possible for you to not smoke here? My sense of smell is quite refined and that is a pungent odor to me.”

32 minutes ago, Lord Duvors said:

"Excellent! It's always useful to have someone of your expertise along. I've often wished I knew more of alien cultures myself. In fact my desire to learn more is part of the reason I left Vin'quo, my homeworld, in the first place."

He paused for a moment before continuing. "Tell me, have you ever been to Vin'quo yourself?"

Enson paused as his conversation was briefly interrupted by the droid's presentation, a stern frown replacing his former expression as he learned of the planet's current state. He shook his head grimly, saying as he did; "I'm afraid that military occupiers are rarely lenient in enforcing their dictates upon a subjugated people, we may have to act discreetly for the duration of our stay." 

“I hope I will be useful on this mission. I’m confident I can pass any test with my cultural skills.”

He say back in his seat and searched his memories. “A long time ago I visited. I was just a young boy. As for the occupiers, I agree. Discreet is best.”

2 hours ago, Kintobor said:

”Cydonnian occupation, eh? Kayarr, what else have the Cydonnian’s been up to? Are they known for planetary occupations?”

OOG: Guess who’s back. Kinto’s back. Tell a friend. :poke:

cHpkTYJ.png
"I'm a pilot by design, so all my info and abilities pertain to ship flying. So politically I can't tell you if they're warmongers or cake bakers. That being said, there are a lot of spaceports under Cydonian control nowadays, so I gathered that they have at least a few planets under their belt."

1 hour ago, Lord Duvors said:

cHpkTYJ.png
"Hey, at least they made registering for a landing pass pretty easy. That gives any galactic power a boost in my book. But... Yeah. Might be smart to keep your heads down..."

4 hours ago, Goliath said:

Igaz casually nods his head in response.

"What else can you tell us about Mr. Vannoy?  You say he's an activist, very passionate too.  Just how passionate is he?  Does he have a clean history?"

cHpkTYJ.png
"Never heard anything bad about him. And Heroica does a admittedly very limitted background check on clients, so I would not worry all that much about it."

37 minutes ago, KotZ said:

“Thank you for your answer. Perhaps it is possible you can leave the ship this time.”

cHpkTYJ.png
"Oh, I don't know about that, I'm a little bit-"

And that moment, a light on the droid's control console blinks red. Danger?

cHpkTYJ.png
"Ohp, hologram transmission! I'll set this thing on cruise control and we can head on down to Deck A..."

The robot flips a switch on the dashboard, and the group does just that. The droid interfaces with the holo projector, managing to accept the transmission after a bit of fiddling.

cHpkTYJ.png
"I swear, they make handheld versions of these, and this clunker has one the size of  missile silo - your organization really needs to- ah, there we go."

cWZNM05.png

cHpkTYJ.png
"Aw crap, holo crystal is all scratched up." Bemoans the automaton. Indeed, the figure was a little blurry, his face obscured by the poor projector machine.

jf26W5o.png
"Is this working? Are we good?"

cHpkTYJ.png
"Yep, we can hear ya. Can't quite see ya, but it'll do, I guess..."

jf26W5o.png
"Good, good, alright. Ahem - first, thank the six of you so much for dispatching on short notice. I'm Kyler Vannoy of GLESP. We simply had to rush! I fear we don't have all that much time to save the Sabrillo egg, and if this one slips through the cracks they truly might be gone forever..."

Edited by Endgame

7 minutes ago, Endgame said:

jf26W5o.png

"Good, good, alright. Ahem - first, thank the six of you so much for dispatching on short notice. I'm Kyler Vannoy of GLESP. We simply had to rush! I fear we don't have all that much time to save the Sabrillo egg, and if this one slips through the cracks they truly might be gone forever..."

Intrigued and baffled by the hologram, Igaz cannot help himself but swipe his hand through it.  It is like the man is there but not actually there.

"It is a pleasure to meet your acquaintance Mr. Vannoy, I am Igaz.  Exactly what is a Sabrillo?  I am not familiar with this species."

“I find it terribly rude that we have been provided with inadequate communication devices. My lawyers will be on this. But yes, please tell us of the Sabrillo. Is it avian in nature?”

5 hours ago, Endgame said:

Kayarr presents Tester-Three with:

3pjfDiT.png
Landing Pass: A Landing Pass that authorizes one docking at a Cydonian controlled spaceport. It is stamped with the Cydonian sigil.

Tester-Three "eyes" started to swish faster than normal as scan the Landing Pass making a temporary file in it memory banks. 

/// Will I need to have a physical copy or will a virtual copy work? 

2 hours ago, Lord Duvors said:

1 hour ago, KotZ said:

He say back in his seat and searched his memories. “A long time ago I visited. I was just a young boy. As for the occupiers, I agree. Discreet is best.”

48 minutes ago, Endgame said:

Hey, at least they made registering for a landing pass pretty easy. That gives any galactic power a boost in my book. But... Yeah. Might be smart to keep your heads down..."

/// I find stealth a waste of energy. I am quite capable of taking out multiple targets at once and at a relative good speed. 

38 minutes ago, Goliath said:

Intrigued and baffled by the hologram, Igaz cannot help himself but swipe his hand through it.  It is like the man is there but not actually there.

"It is a pleasure to meet your acquaintance Mr. Vannoy, I am Igaz.  Exactly what is a Sabrillo?  I am not familiar with this species."

33 minutes ago, KotZ said:

“I find it terribly rude that we have been provided with inadequate communication devices. My lawyers will be on this. But yes, please tell us of the Sabrillo. Is it avian in nature?”

/// Being an egg, the creature could be a reptile, fish, amphibian or an insect in nature. Not mention something not in my memory banks. 

Enson seemed to be about to say something to Kleeck before he was interrupted by the incoming call. Resigning himself to the situation he rose from his seat and followed the others down.

jf26W5o.png

Enson bowed to the projection respectfully. "it is good to meet you Mr. Vannoy," he said, "my name is Ensonvilterayquis (or Enson if you prefer) and these are my companions; Kleeck, Dunola, Tester Three, Yelana Fennix and I see Igaz has already introduced himself."

He waited for the man to answer Igaz's question before speaking up again. "Can you perhaps give us the name and appearance of the thief we are to find? I'm afraid the document we received did not contain as much detail as one might need."

2 hours ago, KotZ said:

“I’m quite sorry, ma’am but is it possible for you to not smoke here? My sense of smell is quite refined and that is a pungent odor to me.”

Dunola raised an eyebrow at the Ornithun, remembering their sensitive noses. "Eh, fine, I suppose I can refrain smoking in here. Name's Dunola, Clan Matar. At your service." Dunola, nods.

3 hours ago, Lord Duvors said:

"Don't know why I was hired, then." Dunola responds, a hint of excitement in her voice. "Clan Matar are masters of things that go "kaboom", if you get where I'm going with this." She laughs heartily.

cHpkTYJ.png
"I'm a pilot by design, so all my info and abilities pertain to ship flying. So politically I can't tell you if they're warmongers or cake bakers. That being said, there are a lot of spaceports under Cydonian control nowadays, so I gathered that they have at least a few planets under their belt."

Dunola gives a nod. It wasn't the answer she hoped for, but it made sense. "Understood. Thank you, anyways." Her eyes turn to notice Kyler when his hologram appears. She listens intently. With her question already asked, she waits to hear more.