Jim

[HELP] Generic Building Help Topic

16 minutes ago, MP LEGO Technic creations said:

Why don't you use this inserted into that 2780 pin?

22484.png

Maybe I've overlooked something but if not, this connection should be fine.

As soon as Ferrari differential gears will be available, I'll order 2 of those to test it (it is just for tractor that will be used from time to time indoors)

Thank you for your response 

On 8/14/2022 at 7:12 PM, 1gor said:

As soon as Ferrari differential gears will be available, I'll order 2 of those to test it (it is just for tractor that will be used from time to time indoors)

Thank you for your response 

One more idea. You can use a double perendicular connector wedged inside the 6L suspension arm. This way you can use a 3L pin to hold everything together.

Edited by Zerobricks

Hi, I've got an issue with a suspension I'm trying to make to a 4wd car. I have only four steering joints (if that's what they're called) and i have used gears as a solution in my rear axel, but the structure is too weak. Any ideas?

39 minutes ago, O Leg said:

Hi, I've got an issue with a suspension I'm trying to make to a 4wd car. I have only four steering joints (if that's what they're called) and i have used gears as a solution in my rear axel, but the structure is too weak. Any ideas?

You should link a picture of your build, it's impossible to give any advice based on your description. (Also note that you can't post photos directly on Eurobricks, you must host them elsewhere, for example on Imgur, Flickr or Brickshelf and link from there.)

Thanks, I tried posting the images, but they would not come. I'll just try the way you said.

11 hours ago, howitzer said:

You should link a picture of your build, it's impossible to give any advice based on your description. (Also note that you can't post photos directly on Eurobricks, you must host them elsewhere, for example on Imgur, Flickr or Brickshelf and link from there.)

I don't know if this is the way you mean but I managed to put the photos Here.

2 hours ago, O Leg said:

I don't know if this is the way you mean but I managed to put the photos Here.

Clearly, you've got a very limited amount of parts. Wishbone suspension and standard axles on CV-joints would do the trick much better. And springs. If you don't have any of that, then sure, you can use gears, but you also need a differential in the middle so that the vehicle can turn properly without skidding.

On 8/21/2022 at 11:46 AM, Carsten Svendsen said:

Clearly, you've got a very limited amount of parts. Wishbone suspension and standard axles on CV-joints would do the trick much better. And springs. If you don't have any of that, then sure, you can use gears, but you also need a differential in the middle so that the vehicle can turn properly without skidding.

Yes, you are absolutely right about the amount of my parts. This is the first real technic build I'm doing, however I've got a good few boxes of Lego City and have got three home-made differentials for the car, but they would not fit very well between the tires. I think I have the mechanics solved pretty much but the rear axel doesn't keep the tires straight horizontally and they twist back and forth during driving, witch I take to mean that its not strong enough and should be re-enforced.

Edited by O Leg

Yes, it would be good that axles for wheels in this case would go trough some two holes, not only one (so that there is something longer hole). Also there could be pretty much flex in whole suspension with this construction.

does anyone have some VERY small drive and steering setups suspension not needed im planning on making a tiny rc car so far i have made one of the smallest if not the smallest fully rc drift car out of lego :D im thinking of making it AWD and maybe driven by buwizz motors if you have a compact steering+drive setup which can use PF servo motors and large motors thanks!  

4 minutes ago, glowytheglowbug said:

does anyone have some VERY small drive and steering setups suspension not needed im planning on making a tiny rc car so far i have made one of the smallest if not the smallest fully rc drift car out of lego :D im thinking of making it AWD and maybe driven by buwizz motors if you have a compact steering+drive setup which can use PF servo motors and large motors thanks!  

also, does anyone have any suggestions for wheels to use when drifting? currently im using the large wheel rims from the ev3 set and on the rims i have 2 rubber gasket type tires for the front, the rear im using rims of motorcycle wheels 

1 hour ago, Jurss said:

There are those fully plastic wheels, but they are pretty large https://rebrickable.com/parts/44777/wheel-688-x-36-zr-solid-smooth/

And then there is somewhere axle collection thread (I always forget to put in my favorites)

do you have any steering with drive setups? thanks for the wheels!

Edited by glowytheglowbug

3 hours ago, Jurss said:

And then there is somewhere axle collection thread (I always forget to put in my favorites)

axle collection thread

4 hours ago, glowytheglowbug said:

also, does anyone have any suggestions for wheels to use when drifting? currently im using the large wheel rims from the ev3 set and on the rims i have 2 rubber gasket type tires for the front, the rear im using rims of motorcycle wheels 

have a look at this this and this

13 minutes ago, Jayden said:

woah thats great thanks! my absolutely tiny drift car might not be able to fit but this is great thanks! the tiny drift car can be around 7x 23(frame only without wheels) (actually used to be shorter but i wanted it to be faster than 1:1 pf l motor https://streamable.com/8f2t7u thats my own drift car its so tiny that i had to widen the wheelbase by like 3 studs if not it just flips when cornering, with lower gearing it works fine
edit: just curious are there any models that use the universal joints instead of the ones that are used in the model i only have those unfortunately also im very low on half beams  

Edited by glowytheglowbug

46 minutes ago, glowytheglowbug said:

woah thats great thanks! my absolutely tiny drift car might not be able to fit but this is great thanks! the tiny drift car can be around 7x 23(frame only without wheels) (actually used to be shorter but i wanted it to be faster than 1:1 pf l motor https://streamable.com/8f2t7u thats my own drift car its so tiny that i had to widen the wheelbase by like 3 studs if not it just flips when cornering, with lower gearing it works fine
edit: just curious are there any models that use the universal joints instead of the ones that are used in the model i only have those unfortunately also im very low on half beams  

These are the smallest drift cars I know of, sorry.

Note for the edit. Have a look at this one it uses no CV joints but I haven't built it yet.

45 minutes ago, Jayden said:

These are the smallest drift cars I know of, sorry.

Note for the edit. Have a look at this one it uses no CV joints but I haven't built it yet.

ooh i guess mine is too small lol

Are Your parts and set lists on rebrickable OK, or is it just for me?

Never mind, I just realised, that I have two rebrickable accounts. I didn't knew that :D

Edited by Jurss

Hi all,

First time posting here on this subforum so please let me know if I do something wrong. I'm working on a minifigure scale C-130J Super Hercules cargo airplane. The one part preventing me from moving in the interior is the landing gear. I've seen videos of the stow sequence (how it raises/lowers) and it's proving to be a bit difficult to accomplish with plain bricks, so I decided to turn here for help.

The landing gear is stowed by raising up. I believe it could be accomplished by using linear actuators but I'm not quite sure how to accomplish that. It would need to be able to support about 7 pounds, or 3.1 kilos and fit in a 14 stud (L) x 4 stud (W) x 7 stud (H) space. 

Please know that I'm working on this problem in my own time, so I'm not asking you to do my work for me. I'm just asking for input.

Thanks!

7 hours ago, MAVERICK26 said:

Hi all,

First time posting here on this subforum so please let me know if I do something wrong. I'm working on a minifigure scale C-130J Super Hercules cargo airplane. The one part preventing me from moving in the interior is the landing gear. I've seen videos of the stow sequence (how it raises/lowers) and it's proving to be a bit difficult to accomplish with plain bricks, so I decided to turn here for help.

The landing gear is stowed by raising up. I believe it could be accomplished by using linear actuators but I'm not quite sure how to accomplish that. It would need to be able to support about 7 pounds, or 3.1 kilos and fit in a 14 stud (L) x 4 stud (W) x 7 stud (H) space. 

Please know that I'm working on this problem in my own time, so I'm not asking you to do my work for me. I'm just asking for input.

Thanks!

Without an image of your current build, it's going to be nearly impossible to come up with ideas.

Maybe some of my own previous designs can be an inspiration? 

Edited by Carsten Svendsen

15 hours ago, MAVERICK26 said:

Hi all,

Thanks!

Will the landing gear be operated by motors or is it going to be manual? Should all wheels be deployed simultaneously or is deploying them separately (manually) an option? I assume the landing gear mechanism doesn't need to actually lift the plane, just hold it up once deployed? These questions will affect the design a lot. Mechanism for deploying it shouldn't be that difficult as long as it doesn't have to support a lot of weight while deploying. You could maybe try to copy the real mechanism to some degree, depending on how it works. Other than that, picking up a few liftarms and attempting to construct some sort of mechanism and maybe take a look at official sets with similar function while doing so.

Here are some pictures:

B5B61C15-7115-43ED-BF10-98A4A57D00BE44441F5B-BFBA-4821-A7C7-487264043EC01F3413B5-88E2-4E6E-8C37-21A4B91D836CB4E69F8C-1B8B-4364-B781-8ACB7BAD639A

As to the above questions:

I believe it will be manually operated. My hope is to use some sort of gear system that can be hooked up to a motor encased in a cargo box in the hold.

Separate deployment is definitely an option. It just needs to deploy.

I fully intend to have a stand to hold it up. The gear is just there for effect, but balance is also a factor.

https://imgur.com/a/lIF93E2

Will this gear usage for turntable work?
Sorry I dont have parts to test it lol

Yes I uploaded picture on Imgur cuz I cant send it here directly lol

Edited by Dami