LM71Blackbird

[COR - FB] Shot Tower, Quinnsville

Shot Tower

With all the talk about war with the Lotus Kingdom and the constant threat from the Sea Rats, the always advancing City of Quinnsville has taken it upon itself to begin full-scale production of various munitions for the Corrish settlements throughout the New World. The first of such establishments is a shot tower that has been constructed on the outskirts of the city.

49369754328_ec6c6a9f8a_b.jpgShot Tower 1 by LM71Blackbird, on Flickr

First, the lead is turned molten and then dropped from the top of the tower. On the journey down it becomes spherical before landing into a collection container filled with water.

49370216396_a0de788569_b.jpgShot Tower 4 by LM71Blackbird, on Flickr

Then the lead balls are inspected for roundness and then sorted by caliber.

49370426762_d19619232d_b.jpgShot Tower 2 by LM71Blackbird, on Flickr

Today, both Mayor Brickford and Major Brickford are visiting the Shot tower to observe the process and find out if it was a wise decision to construct such a larger contraption!

49370427162_65e38ee1e2_b.jpgShot Tower 3 by LM71Blackbird, on Flickr

After the shot has been confirmed to be of sufficient roundness, some samples are tested in the shooting gallery behind the tower. Mayor Brickford always takes the opportunity to fire a musket and relive the glory days in the Royal Army of Her Majesty.

49370426857_48333a8ee4_b.jpgShot Tower 6 by LM71Blackbird, on Flickr

--------------------------------------------------------

My newest and biggest real brick build for BoBs has arrived! I recently got some Bricklink orders and really wanted to make something round and I figure a shot tower would be a fitting build! Some inspiration goes to @Darnok, for I wouldn't even know about a shot tower if it wasn't for his own rendition of one. This will be licensed as a large factory. C&C are welcome and apprecieated and thanks for looking!

That's a nice complex, and of course the tower is cool. I like those interior pics taken through the doors and windows. Mayor Brickford, shooting like a boss, showing how it's done... Your digital designs are always good, but it's great to see some of these done in real bricks too.

15 hours ago, Captain Dee said:

That's a nice complex, and of course the tower is cool. I like those interior pics taken through the doors and windows. Mayor Brickford, shooting like a boss, showing how it's done... Your digital designs are always good, but it's great to see some of these done in real bricks too.

Thank you Dee! I'm glad you like it!

15 hours ago, Captain Dee said:

Mayor Brickford, shooting like a boss, showing how it's done...

^^ I do believe this is in my top 10 favorite BoBs comments! :roflmao: ^^

Very nice shot tower LM71.

Are those white masonry profile bricks? OMG please tell me they are a real thing!!!! I like the use of the classic diagonal wall pieces to create the more rounded look of tower which is well complimented by the structures at the bottom. Great details and I like the shots of the employees measuring and sorting the rounds.

3 hours ago, Ayrlego said:

Very nice shot tower LM71.

Are those white masonry profile bricks? OMG please tell me they are a real thing!!!! I like the use of the classic diagonal wall pieces to create the more rounded look of tower which is well complimented by the structures at the bottom. Great details and I like the shots of the employees measuring and sorting the rounds.

Thank you! I quite enjoyed getting the round shape and all. Not quite happy with how the roof turned out, but I think it looks alright in the pictures.

3 hours ago, Ayrlego said:

Are those white masonry profile bricks? OMG please tell me they are a real thing!!!!

Well, after a quick search on Bricklink, it appears they are not a real thing... :cry3: I got some bricks from a few relatives over the holidays, so I'm not actually sure where they came from atm! I just assumed Lego had produced them in white at this point! lol! Sorry to disappoint!

Nice one, Blackbird! Love the angles and the bricks used to produce them. I haven't seen many builds with the stickered white panels, and I have to say that they are used excellently here! Always a pleasure to see what you cook up, and looking forward to your next work! :laugh:

6 hours ago, Ayrlego said:

OMG please tell me they are a real thing!!!

Anyone got any plane tickets to Billund, Denmark? I've waited long enough for these bricks, so it's time to take action and protest at Lego's headquarters. Time to get started on those protest signs... 

Just now, The Neighborhood Merchant said:

Nice one, Blackbird! Love the angles and the bricks used to produce them. I haven't seen many builds with the stickered white panels, and I have to say that they are used excellently here! Always a pleasure to see what you cook up, and looking forward to your next work! :laugh:

Anyone got any plane tickets to Billund, Denmark? I've waited long enough for these bricks, so it's time to take action and protest at Lego's headquarters. Time to get started on those protest signs... 

Thank you! I had a lot of fun with this build!

Neat!  I learned something new.

Nice build as well, even with highly illegal pirated bricks. :wink:

20 hours ago, LM71Blackbird said:

it appears they are not a real thing... :cry3:

oh well, they still look great anyway!

That is great shape. The tower looks quite menacing:) One would expect it to have thick walls. I really like the roof.

6 hours ago, Kwatchi said:

Neat!  I learned something new.

Nice build as well, even with highly illegal pirated bricks. :wink:

Thanks! Sometimes you just gotta live on the edge!

5 hours ago, Ayrlego said:

oh well, they still look great anyway!

Thanks again!

8 minutes ago, Wellesley said:

That is great shape. The tower looks quite menacing:) One would expect it to have thick walls. I really like the roof.

Thanks a lot!

A really nice and innovative idea! I like how the efficiently round (no seeming vertical gaps) the round tower is!

An impressive one! I like the tower, and the cart looks good too. The ground may look better with more brown or tan plates, but that's a minor detail. Nice build overall.

On ‎1‎/‎14‎/‎2020 at 12:01 PM, blackdeathgr said:

A really nice and innovative idea! I like how the efficiently round (no seeming vertical gaps) the round tower is!

Thank you! I really worked hard one making no gaps around the tower!

On ‎1‎/‎14‎/‎2020 at 6:38 PM, Bodi said:

An impressive one! I like the tower, and the cart looks good too. The ground may look better with more brown or tan plates, but that's a minor detail. Nice build overall.

Thank you! I used most of my brown and tan on this build, but your definitely right. Guess I gotta get some more!

17 hours ago, Professor Thaum said:

Nice shot tower...

I noticed some interesting leaves parts with weird colors... where do them come from ?

Thank you! Are you referring to this leaf part? https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=30176#T=S&O={"iconly":0}

Edited by LM71Blackbird

14 hours ago, Professor Thaum said:

Yep I refer to thoses parts

Well, the green, bright green, and olive are official colors. As to the tan ones I can't find anyplace to get those... Which could be why I only have about 7 of them in my collection... I'll have to dig around and find out where they came from!