Digger of Bricks

LEGO Stores' Build-A-Minifigure - Ideas for New Prints and Recolors

Up until recently, LEGO Brand Stores' Build-A-Minifigure stations have only offered preexisting minifigure parts and prints from previously-released sets. In the past year though, they've become a great source for all-new recolors and prints, seemingly exclusive to LEGO Brand Stores. With newly-issued exclusive parts being discovered nearly on a monthly basis now, I thought I'd be fun to share our ideas and wishlists for such.

So, what exclusive recolors and prints would you hope to see from LEGO's Build-A-Minifigure stations? :classic:

4 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

So, what exclusive recolors and prints would you hope to see from LEGO's Build-A-Minifigure stations? :classic:

Green and Light Grey recolours of the updated CS helmet (For the Exo-Suit and Rocket Boy Minifigs, respectively). 
Light Grey airtanks. 
Unprinted PDG/Black and Dark Blue/Black legs (For First Order officers). 

Edited by Classic_Spaceman

Hmm...the Harley Quinn hair from the LEGO movie version in a single regular hair color would be cool, I love that part. As far as torso prints, it would be fun to see prints of licenses they have, like a “9 3/4” maroon torso for HP. 

Here's what I can think of at the moment --

Light aqua surgical cap
98378.png

Faun Legs

970cf00pb01.png

and also the faun headpiece with horns. :)

Hobbit hair in black and blond.

In general, hair pieces in new colors. They've done some of this already and I greatly appreciate it.

Medium legs, as @Robert8 suggests.

Mermaid tails in a wider array of colors.

Top hat in metallic gold or pearl gold.

Here are just a few recolors I'd like to see...

• Traditional Aviator Cap (part no. 30171) in Dark Brown and complementary goggles (part no. 30170) in Titanium Metallic.
  • Trapper Hat (part no. 36933) in either Dark Brown or Reddish Brown.
  • Series 17 Retro Spaceman's helmet (part no. 33710) in Silver Metallic with Pearl Gold "ears" and crest.
  • Series 17 Retro Spaceman's raygun (part no. 29601) in Silver Metallic, Titanium Metallic, and Copper Metallic.
  • Superman's classic hairpiece (part no. 98726) in Reddish Brown and Dark Bluish Grey.
  • Series 9 Hollywood Starlet's hairpiece (part no. 11256/34283) in Black, Dark Brown, Dark Orange, and Medium Nougat.
  • Tina Goldstein's Hat/Hair piece (part no. 28271) in Olive Green/Medium Nougat and Lavender/Cool Yellow.
  • TLM2 Apocalypseburg Abe's Hat/Beard piece (part no. 50044) in Reddish Brown/Earth Orange with Green-tinted goggles.

Like @Robert8 and @Karalora, I'd definitely love to see medium legs. 

Also, recolored animals such as  : 
- Reddish brown, black and light bley bunnies,
- Reddish bown, black and medium nougat chickens,
- Reddish brown chihuahua,
- Dark bley and white rats,
- Light bley and white mouses,
- Medium nougat and dark red small birds,
- Black seagull (as a crow).

And Padmé's long braided hair in medium nougat and/or dark orange. 

Edited by Aurore

If there was one particular type of torso design I'd hope to see made available as a Build-A-Minifigure exclusive, it'd be a Rocketeer-inspired, bibbed, double-breasted leather jacket.

Be it in Black, Reddish Brown, Dark Brown, Earth Blue, or Dark Red, it does seem to be the quintessential outerwear style for your archetypical Pulp Era hero... :smug:

jayson-fitch-noir-vertical.jpg?1556743316christopher-brandstrom-the-flash-noir-christopher-brandstrom-2000x3500-rgb.jpg?1443928329lobsterlotus.jpg

Edited by Digger of Bricks

DJ hair (with headphones) in blonde

Classic flowers in purple and orange (not the current 'blocky' flowers)

All cutlery (knife, fork and spoons) in a grey or even better, metallic grey

Other colours of sports team players (e.g. American footballer, Ice Hockey, Baseball, Footballer)

Cheerleaders with every letter of the alphabet and new colours of pompoms

Alternative 'golf' torso (like President Business)

Christmas Jumpers

Christmas Elf Helper's hats, torso and legs

New coloured scarf pieces

Black round-neck T-Shirt torso print (with short sleeves)

Edited by lifeinplastic

Torso prints I would like for my own completely selfish purposes (Note--with a couple exceptions, these are vanishingly unlikely to happen):

• Black polo shirt (short sleeves!) with black/blue striped necktie
  • Medium azure polo shirt with gray cardigan knotted around shoulders
  • White dress military jacket with gold braid and red sash
  • Black hoodie with purple patches and noticeable white stitching on seams
  • Dark brown collared tunic with frog closures and piping-style trim, both in yellow
  • Black dress military jacket with silver braid and lime-green sash
  • Black leather jacket over plain white tee shirt
  • Tan sport coat with pink necktie

(If these sound familiar to anyone...yes, I am that weird.)

Ooo I like this thread :)

Hobbit hair in grey (to finally make an old Bilbo)

Brown/tan rabbits 

Light blue and dark red little birds (European Blue-tit and Robbin etc), as listed already ;)

Recolours of the new scarf in a less cartoony spectrum

Gandalf beard in white

The new Dumbledore hair in white 

The One Ring in silver 

Frog recolours such as yellow, red etc

Dark grey French Bulldog 

A return of the PotC conch-shell helmet, maybe a white variety

Lone Ranger crow hat accessory in dark grey or dark brick yellow (to complete Neville’s Grandmother’s hat)

Wizard hat in dark red

Dwarf beards 

Gimli’s helmet in grey metallic, unprinted 

Edited by Bugbot20082

On 1/12/2020 at 11:55 AM, Digger of Bricks said:

it does seem to be the quintessential outerwear style for your archetypical Pulp Era hero... 

not to mention it'd be a fantastic army builder for Napoleonic war and pirate builders! 
I've built up a good sized detachment of "Prussians" using the double button row torso from the Winter something Firefighter.
Using the Bobby CMF torso for an Officer at the moment.

As always I want more animals :tongue:

1. The dachshund in black(/tan)
  2. the goat in any normal colour
  3. the rabbit in brown
  4. any new animal is good news:wink:

1 hour ago, Roebuck said:

As always I want more animals :tongue:

1. The dachshund in black(/tan)
  2. the goat in any normal colour
  3. the rabbit in brown
  4. any new animal is good news:wink:

Yes to these, i’d also add;

black or dark grey rat,

coral pink flamingo,

yellow (canary) small bird,

pure white husky,

white mouse, 

standard dog mould in black/tan (doberman) 

Here are a few more recolors that've come to my mind...

• TLM2 Vest Friend Rex's Fedora/Hair piece (part no. 45775) in both Reddish Brown/Black and Olive Green/Dark Orange.
  • General Mayhem's helmet (part no. 34704) in Silver Metallic with Black Visor and Pearl Gold "ears" and crest.
  • Minifigure Scarf (part no. 25376) in White, Dark Red, and Olive Green.
  • Series 4 Artist's Beret (part no. 90386) in either Reddish Brown or Dark Brown.
  • TLBM Mr. Freeze's armor piece (part no. 30816) in Black, Light Bluish Grey, and Sand Green.
  • TLBM Penguin's Tophat (part no. 27149) in either Reddish Brown or Dark Brown.
On 1/13/2020 at 12:20 PM, Karalora said:

If these sound familiar to anyone...yes, I am that weird.

Just outta curiosity, what are those supposed to be inspired after? :shrug_oh_well:

23 hours ago, Masked Mini said:

Not to mention it'd be a fantastic army builder for Napoleonic war and pirate builders! 
I've built up a good sized detachment of "Prussians" using the double button row torso from the Winter something Firefighter.

A double-breasted overwear design would also be fitting for early aviator suits like these... :wink:

44e6096e653e8f78e8e18f2f9b6b8339_original.png?ixlib=rb-2.1.0&w=700&fit=max&v=1531252106&auto=format&gif-q=50&lossless=true&s=22d76ed598a2298c9de0ff1d435e4274

33 minutes ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Just outta curiosity, what are those supposed to be inspired after? :shrug_oh_well:

I'm a big fan of the YouTuber Thomas Sanders (he actually got famous on Vine; you might remember him as the "Storytime!" guy) and those designs reflect the costumes of the characters he plays in his videos.

Just a few ideas here for some unprinted dual-molded legs (standard height) that I'd like to see... 

• Black with Dark Green (i.e. "Classic" Green) boots (for Green Lantern Corps, of course).
  • Light Bluish Grey with Black boots (hip piece in LGB, not Black).
  • Olive Green with either Reddish Brown or Dark Brown boots.
  • Light Bluish Grey or Dark Bluish Grey with Earth Blue boots.
  • Tan (i.e. Brick Yellow) with either Reddish Brown or Dark Brown boots.
1 hour ago, Karalora said:

I'm a big fan of the YouTuber Thomas Sanders (he actually got famous on Vine; you might remember him as the "Storytime!" guy) and those designs reflect the costumes of the characters he plays in his videos.

Ah, I see... :classic:

Yeah, it's a very niche interest, but the less outlandish concepts (the polo shirts and modern jackets) have a chance of seeing daylight at least.

I want a ducking Corgi already! Or to be precise a Cardigan Corgi because that's what we have. But I'd settle for a Pembroke or Welsh.
For the same reason … a Weimaraner! I need brick simulacra of my fuzzbutts so we can have brick adventures together too.

Edited by Masked Mini

We need some kind of large floppy-eared dog, for sure. I don't know about the rest of you but I have to give TLG the side-eye for trying to pass off a perky-eared dog as a "Dalmatian" in some recent sets.

Some re-release of the Monkey would be nice either via Xtra (standard reddish brown) or BAM (different colors)

2550c01.png

Monkey hasn't been seen since 2011 in regular color, or 2016 in Ninjago Sky Pirates, and there are so many more suitable colors now.

Edited by TeriXeri

On 1/11/2020 at 6:06 PM, Classic_Spaceman said:

Green and Light Grey recolours of the updated CS helmet (For the Exo-Suit and Rocket Boy Minifigs, respectively). 
Light Grey airtanks. 
Unprinted PDG/Black and Dark Blue/Black legs (For First Order officers). 

I forgot rocket boy has that torso! I hope I have a duplicate of him.

Well, I've got a few ideas to share here for even more recolors I'd wish to someday see...

• Elite Ultra Agent helmet (part no. 19023) in Bright Blue/Trans-Yellow and Black/Trans-Red.
  • Series 12 Space Miner's helmet (part no. 17355) in Bright Blue/Light Bluish Grey.
  • TLBM Robin's hair & glasses piece (part no. 29384) with Black-rimmed glasses and Bright Yellow skintone printed onto lens.
  • Minifigure Tommy Gun & Revolver (part no. 85973 & part no. 30132) in Titanium Metallic.
  • TLNM Jay's hairpiece (part no. 25412) in Dark Orange.
  • Kai's original hairpiece (part no. 15705) in Dark Azure, Bright Green, Bright Orange, or any other neon, anime-esque color.