Sign in to follow this  
Spud The Viking

[COR - FB] Spudkirk Raid

Medium Commercial in Spudkirk

Pillage and carnage, Spudkirk was dealt a heavy blow last September. Reports have been completed, showing a devastating loss to correspondence letters, scientific notes, much needed building equipment, and food supplies.

While this may have been a major setback, what was worse was the indiscriminate slaughter of townspeople, many women and children killed, and these losses cannot be so easily recovered.

With heavy hearts, the brave and hardy Corries look back upon this event and strive to learn from their mistakes. Already, multiple defence stations have been erected, and the town will not let this be the final chapter in the story of Spudkirk. God save the Queen.

(This build is also the post office and warehouse at the bottom of the rocky path up the settlement)

49368342502_c52843bcbb_z.jpg

What caught immediately my attention is the brick built baseplate, way better than the moulded one.

The tan house looks good, and the white bunker is nicely built too.

I concur regarding the base. That is beautifully done with both color and texture. The tan house and lamppost look really good, and the minifig posing implies movement really well. This is a good way to illustrate the disastrous events.

I really like the use of colour here. The absence of many greens make it seem really deathly, and the dark grey adds to the oppressive feel. Very appropriate. 

Yep, have to agree with the comments above, that rockwork is awesome! The buildings are great too and the minifigs well posed. Great street lamp design aswell. Are the guys with bandannas the Lotii? Hopefully I'll have my Spudkirk build done soon to add to strengthening the colony.

As others have saidd, that rockwork is fantastic. I think my favorite part is the white building; there's just enough texture there and it looks war-torn.

fantastic rockwork and elevated ground and the white building is indeed very nice!

Someone also got those elusive shields...hehehe!

On 1/12/2020 at 1:37 AM, Bodi said:

What caught immediately my attention is the brick built baseplate, way better than the moulded one.

Yep ! Nice rockwork !

Brittle technic for the street lamp, but it works

On 1/12/2020 at 12:37 AM, Bodi said:

The tan house looks good, and the white bunker is nicely built too.

Thank you!

On 1/12/2020 at 1:06 AM, LM71Blackbird said:

Another great build for the settlement Spud! As Bodi said, the baseplate is awesome!

Thanks! 

On 1/12/2020 at 2:22 AM, Captain Dee said:

I concur regarding the base. That is beautifully done with both color and texture. The tan house and lamppost look really good, and the minifig posing implies movement really well. This is a good way to illustrate the disastrous events.

Thank you for your comments!

On 1/12/2020 at 9:09 AM, Ross Fisher said:

I really like the use of colour here. The absence of many greens make it seem really deathly, and the dark grey adds to the oppressive feel. Very appropriate. 

Thank you! I like what you mean about the colours, all intentional of course :wink:

On 1/12/2020 at 3:55 PM, The Neighborhood Merchant said:

Wow, that's some amazing landscaping and rockwork! Wonderful scene too! :thumbup:

Good to hear Spudkirk is getting it's defenses heightened. Hopefully the raids will end after that!

Thank you! I hope so too!

On 1/12/2020 at 7:31 PM, Ayrlego said:

Yep, have to agree with the comments above, that rockwork is awesome! The buildings are great too and the minifigs well posed. Great street lamp design aswell. Are the guys with bandannas the Lotii? Hopefully I'll have my Spudkirk build done soon to add to strengthening the colony.

Thanks! And yeah, I looked for Lotii soldiers but couldn't find any references.

On 1/12/2020 at 7:38 PM, KotZ said:

As others have saidd, that rockwork is fantastic. I think my favorite part is the white building; there's just enough texture there and it looks war-torn.

Thank you!

On 1/13/2020 at 5:11 PM, blackdeathgr said:

fantastic rockwork and elevated ground and the white building is indeed very nice!

Someone also got those elusive shields...hehehe!

Thank you! My nearest Lego store had plenty of them so I picked up a couple.

8 hours ago, Professor Thaum said:

Yep ! Nice rockwork !

Brittle technic for the street lamp, but it works

Thank you!