Sign in to follow this  
Jim

[PRESS RELEASE] LEGO Creator Expert 10272 Old Trafford Manchester United

10272 Old Trafford - Manchester United

LEGO-Creator-Expert-10272-Old-Trafford-M

Ages 16+. 3898 pieces

US $299.99  CA $349.99  DE €269.99  UK £249.99 – FR €269.99  DK 2199DKK

*Euro pricing varies by country.  Please visit LEGO.com for regional pricing.

Build and display a brilliantly detailed Old Trafford model.

Manchester United fans will love building this big LEGO® set model of Old Trafford (10272) to show their allegiance to one of the world’s most famous football clubs. The building set for this LEGO football stadium provides a fun challenge to create a spectacular showpiece model.

The ultimate Manchester United gift

Manchester United fans can show off this Old Trafford replica at home or the office. New for February 2020, this LEGO® Creator sports set coincides with the stadium’s 110th anniversary. This building kit for adults features several evocative details including the players’ tunnel and the statue of the United Trinity.

Bring to life your passions with advanced LEGO® sets!

LEGO® Creator Expert advanced building sets allow adults to construct models based on some of their biggest passions, including cars, buildings and stadiums. Once the challenging and fun building experience is complete, these collector models from building bricks make an eye-catching display at home or the office.

·         A spectacular building set for adults to create a detailed model of Old Trafford. The perfect Manchester United gift for fans who want to show their undying support by displaying this LEGO® football stadium.

·         A building kit of a 1:600 replica model of Old Trafford. This LEGO® football stadium provides a fun and rewarding project and allows fans to relive their cherished memories of Manchester United with this detailed model.

·         The first opportunity to construct a replica of Manchester United’s Old Trafford from building bricks. The LEGO® Football stadium makes for a stunning showpiece at home or the office.

·         This 3,898-piece big LEGO® football set for adults makes for a unique Manchester United gift. It offers escapism for builders with a long and satisfying project, and the chance to show their passion for their club.

·         The Old Trafford-Manchester United LEGO football stadium measures 6.5” (18.5cm) high, 18” (47cm) long and 15” (39cm) wide. The perfect size to feature authentic details including the players’ tunnel and a statue of Sir Alex Ferguson.

·         No batteries required for this advanced building set, so the final whistle will never blow at this LEGO® football stadium.

·         This LEGO® set provides the ultimate building experience, and for you to be guided through the rewarding process with easy-to-follow, step-by-step instructions.

·         LEGO® Creator Expert model advanced building sets allow adults to indulge in challenging projects to create collector toys based on some of their biggest passions including cars, buildings and stadiums.

·         LEGO® building bricks have met the highest industry standards for over 60 years, ensuring they are always consistent, compatible and pull apart with ease every time.

·         You know you are safe with LEGO®. Our bricks and pieces have been relentlessly tested and meet the highest global safety and quality standards..

Available directly from LEGO Stores & LEGO.com from 16th January, 2020

LEGO-Creator-Expert-10272-Old-Trafford-Manchester-United-9gPWT-17-1024x645.jpg

LEGO-Creator-Expert-10272-Old-Trafford-Manchester-United-9gPWT-18-1024x732.jpg

It will most likely be a best seller with Man U. fans (AFOLs or not), but wonder how many it will sell to other AFOLs :shrug_oh_well:
Beckham is probably over the moon :tongue:

Edited by Roebuck
Typo

It's a common sentiment amongst United fans that Old Trafford could use a few new bricks, but this is probably not what they meant...

More seriously, it's about time they got rid of that knock-off brand that does the rounds in the megastore. If it's up to the usual standards, this might be my first non-Technic purchase in a decade.

...OH!  This is real!

Upon first glance I immediately thought MOC.  I have zero interest in this, but for Manchester United fans??  WOW!

Sets like this give me hope - that one day TLG will kick out some huge random super-specific set that I'll go nuts over.  Good for you...futbol...soccer...Euroball crazies!  Looks pretty awesome. 

Edit. pitch is 26x18 studs , or 22x14 between lines.

Edited by TeriXeri

269.99 apparently

Will sell a few in China, but you have to wonder which rabid fan at TLG made the choice/approach? :hmpf:

I wonder if it's accurate to the real stadium to include rust and leaky roof tiles? Maybe the Lego license fee will help the Glazers fund some repairs, you know, ignoring that half-billion in debt.

Edited by Lucarex

I saw this on Instagram and thought "this has to be a hoax" but if it's real then :sweet:. This is the best news for Man Utd supporters in several years!

This seems more limited in appeal than most sets of this caliber they’ve done. But it is an impressive looking set.

3 hours ago, Vindicare said:

This seems more limited in appeal than most sets of this caliber they’ve done. But it is an impressive looking set.

Right?! I completely don’t care about this but maybe, hopefully, this can open doors for similarly niche things if it does well.

This feels like it belongs more in the Architecture line. It even has the same all black box. I wonder why it’s under Creator Expert instead.

1 hour ago, kermit said:

definitely a skip i wish it wasnt micro scale

If it wasn’t it’d be unaffordable, probably even by UCS buyers standard. At minifig scale, the piece count would have to at least double I imagine. Then the question of how many minifigs do they include? From that perspective alone, going micro scale was the way to go. 

However, I’d absolutely love to see a minifig scale one. :tongue: Just for curiosity’s sake. 

Edited by Vindicare

3 hours ago, Vindicare said:

However, I’d absolutely love to see a minifig scale one. :tongue: Just for curiosity’s sake. 

I was speculating about Minifig Soccer/Sports sets in the City forum, just based off 1 sticker, but we got a Fair people pack that was hinted on a sticker in 2019 , and 2020 also is an olympic year + euro 2020 soccer across many european countries.

They did make soccer sets in 2000 during Euro 2000 , 20 years ago.

Edited by TeriXeri

5 hours ago, kermit said:

definitely a skip i wish it wasnt micro scale

How massive of a set would you want?

Anything even remotely reasonably scaled would have a pitch that's several baseplates before you even started with the stands. True scale, based on 1:42 that a mini figure is to an average human, you'd have a pitch that's a little under 10 baseplates long.

6 hours ago, TeriXeri said:

I was speculating about Minifig Soccer/Sports sets in the City forum, just based off 1 sticker, but we got a Fair people pack that was hinted on a sticker in 2019 , and 2020 also is an olympic year + euro 2020 soccer across many european countries.

They did make soccer sets in 2000 during Euro 2000 , 20 years ago.

I saw that over there, I do wonder of that’s merely coincidence or planned. I looked back at the old Sports theme, I’m somewhat familiar but not enough to really picture them. They definitely were small but I loved how you could buy the additional stuff-lights, food stands, signs. Very cool. I don’t think I’d buy them, but I’d like to see them revive that & see how they handle it now  

I was meaning though seeing this Creator set at minifig scale. Curiosity would be to see the piece count & price. 

6 hours ago, autolycus said:

How massive of a set would you want?

Anything even remotely reasonably scaled would have a pitch that's several baseplates before you even started with the stands. True scale, based on 1:42 that a mini figure is to an average human, you'd have a pitch that's a little under 10 baseplates long.

there is no cause to be rude here

4 hours ago, kermit said:

there is no cause to be rude here

Where is the rudeness?

A retail set full stadium at minifigure scale is impossible. Old Trafford holds about 76000 people. If they did even 1/10th of that number, that is 7600 seats. The pitch would be too large to fit on even a large coffee table or similar display area.

1 hour ago, MAB said:

A retail set full stadium at minifigure scale is impossible. Old Trafford holds about 76000 people. If they did even 1/10th of that number, that is 7600 seats. The pitch would be too large to fit on even a large coffee table or similar display area.

Doing that would put the set over 900 USD. 

Sorry but I agree with @autolycus and @MAB on this one. It ain't happenin' bud. 

Edited by Brandon Pea

Is it possible that the poster meant he would rather see a reasonable sized play set with minifigures rather than an enormous, literally 'minifigures scale' set? So Hogwarts 75954 instead of 71043.

Just now, Retro said:

Is it possible that the poster meant he would rather see a reasonable sized play set with minifigures rather than an enormous, literally 'minifigures scale' set? So Hogwarts 75954 instead of 71043.

These are Creator Expert sets that aren't meant to be played with. Creator Expert is one of those made for display.