Sign in to follow this  
Capt Wolf

[ESL-FB] Calling Captain Argentum ...

The news of the Eslandolan trade fleet's disastrous encounter with the Sea Rats sent shock waves through Eslandian society, especially the trade companies. Something must be done to check the rising power of the Sea Rats fleet. And so Willem Guilder, Admius Legistrad of the Colonial Council as well as Eslandola's Secretary of Trade and director of the MCTC, met with Jerome Monezterrell, Eslandola's Secretary of the Navy and second in command of MAESTRO.

01main2.jpg

"With the losses we have suffered, we will have to put the shipyards to work immediately to bring sisterships up to active duty," declared Guilder

"And we'll need to assemble a pirate-hunting fleet," replied Monezterrell.

02close-up.jpg

"But who should lead it?" he continued. "Who do we trust for this?"

"Admiral de Flynt would be a logical choice," replied Guilder, "but he is in Weelond, too remote a location for assembling a hunting squadron. And Commodore Evercrees is of course out."

"The same can be said for Dekker," countered Monezterrell. "Both have already lost in encounters with the Sea Rats in the past."

"Commodore Grei?"

"Returned to private service, as I understand it."

"What about Captain Argentum?" offered Guilder.

"Argentum? Interesting choice. He was certainly chafing for a fight when he left the council, complaining that a council hall was no place for a sea captain. But where is he?"

"Last I heard, he was off on that little crab-infested island with his fiancé."

"Well then, send word for him and we shall appoint him commodore of our new pirate-hunting squadron!"

"Indeed!" Guilder scribbled out some orders, then summoned over his attendant.

03letter.jpg

"Deliver these orders to Captain Argentum on Crablandia with most haste," said Guilder as he handed over the sealed orders. "This is of the utmost urgency!" And with that the courier hurried on his way.

"I hope he can find him," noted Monezterrell.

"I hope he's up to the fight," replied Guilder. "We've lost too many ships already."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A small build to promote Captain Argentum to commodore and for him to command Eslandola's pirate-hunting squadron. Here's a look at the full build:

01full.jpg

All C&C welcome.

Ah yes, the 1x2 tile is a much smoother seat than the 1x2 plate, but unfortunately it's not quite as good for attaching a seated minifig. :grin:

Neat build. I love that floor pattern.

Ah, finally a recognition of the fighting talents of one of the Brick Seas' greatest Captains! :pir_laugh2:  A great build, I really like the crossed lances technique!  Excellent stickered (?) shield too.

A greenie pirate hunting squadron huh? Challenge accepted! :pir-grin:

(My eyes kept getting drawn to floor.  That’s a lovely coloured pattern.  Nice touch.)

2 hours ago, Capt Wolf said:

A small build to promote Captain Argentum to commodore and for him to command Eslandola's pirate-hunting squadron

Mwahahahahahahahahahha...

I said we have some ships to pile up in Shipwreck Cove,butwe are not in a hurry @Capt Wolf let this brave captain enough time with his fiancée

Very neat build!! I love the chairs and the floor. 

And how cruel to send a man at the beginning of his interesting love life on a suicide mission!! :jollyroger::wink:

On 1/10/2020 at 2:41 PM, Captain Dee said:

Ah yes, the 1x2 tile is a much smoother seat than the 1x2 plate, but unfortunately it's not quite as good for attaching a seated minifig. :grin:

Neat build. I love that floor pattern.

But it is better if the minifigs are just standing around, and fits under the table better. :pir-grin:   And thanks for the chair design!

On 1/10/2020 at 3:13 PM, Kai NRG said:

Ah, finally a recognition of the fighting talents of one of the Brick Seas' greatest Captains! :pir_laugh2:  A great build, I really like the crossed lances technique!  Excellent stickered (?) shield too.

Thanks. And let's hope he lives up to that billing!

Yes, stickered shield. I actually made that a few years ago in the early days of BoBS, so it was nice to be able to use it again.

On 1/10/2020 at 4:14 PM, Kwatchi said:

A greenie pirate hunting squadron huh? Challenge accepted! :pir-grin:

(My eyes kept getting drawn to floor.  That’s a lovely coloured pattern.  Nice touch.)

You knew the challenge was coming. :pir-wink:

On 1/10/2020 at 4:45 PM, Professor Thaum said:

Mwahahahahahahahahahha...

I said we have some ships to pile up in Shipwreck Cove,butwe are not in a hurry @Capt Wolf let this brave captain enough time with his fiancée

Hey, he asked for it!

5 hours ago, Fraunces said:

Very neat build!! I love the chairs and the floor. 

And how cruel to send a man at the beginning of his interesting love life on a suicide mission!! :jollyroger::wink:

Thanks to all for the comments about the floor. I was happy to find a pattern that worked so well. And as I mentioned above, thanks to Captain Dee for the chair design.

27 minutes ago, Capt Wolf said:

But it is better if the minifigs are just standing around, and fits under the table better. :pir-grin: 

The tiled top is a better design, no question, especially when you have a small number of chairs. I used plates only because I'm not willing to chance loose minifigs falling off the chairs in a big display with lots of them. You could carefully seat a couple of minifigs here without much trouble.

27 minutes ago, Capt Wolf said:

And thanks for the chair design!

And as I mentioned above, thanks to Captain Dee for the chair design.

Actually... I first saw that chair design in this build from @Captain Braunsfeld (third pic) and he says he got it from someone else, so... who knows who created the design at this point!

Edited by Captain Dee