Sign in to follow this  
Oky

The Batcave Racer

theaterindex.gif

Ladies and Gentlemen, I give you Wayne Aerospace's latest product: the Cave Racer! It's a high speed hovercraft with no cockpit. Of course, right after it's developement, the company's owner made a special edition of it for himself, turning it into...

The Batcave Racer!

(aka. the Bat-Caveracer) :wink:

2474349117_133f351830_b.jpg

This new addition to the Dark Knight's vehicles hovers thanks to a new technology that is hidden in it's wings.

2474349143_01a3c9ee19_b.jpg

2474349195_c2248a2b8b_b.jpg

Acceleration is done by the tuned version of a turbine engine similar to that of the Batmobile's.

2475207622_d933619a20_b.jpg

Hang in there, Batman! :thumbup:

2474349167_7d4db31a69_b.jpg

2474349157_770dbd51fc_b.jpg

With this bad boy, the Bat hopes to catch even the fastest evil-doer on any terrain!

2474349179_b045f8235a_b.jpg

"Eat my dust, Joker!" :devil:

Here it is in Parking Mode... and apparently still running engine. :look:

2475207630_a62a6ef073_b.jpg

Hey, watch out there, Batsy, you seem to be a little dizzy from the ride! :sick::tongue:

I hope you like it! :laugh: This is my first cave racer, and I have no clue when, where, or how the idea of the "cave racer" popped up (would be really nice if someone could fill me in there! :blush: ), but I like it! :grin: And with all those new cave racer MOCs turning up lately, I just had to make one too! So, being in the Batvehicle mocing mood I am in at the moment, I came up with this beauty! :blush: IMO, the best thing about it is its name! :tongue: I know, it doesn't look much like a bat; the overall design was inspired by the batwing, but even though it didn't turn out to look as bat-like as its inspiration, I do like this MOC a lot! :wub:

What do you think?

Very nice moc, I think some racer rules are broken, but still a nice moc. Very, batty?

KUTGW ON! :thumbup:

Stauder.

I like it, even if it isn't 'legal' by the set of rules that Tim Gould, aka. Gambort came up with for his flickr group. I'm pretty sure he doesn't mind other people building what they call cave-racers that don't follow his intentionally wacky set of criteria.

Funnily enough, the cave racer that I built a few weeks ago is also called the batcaveracer (although I spell it as one word) and AFAIK is 'legal' by Tim's standard. I later found out that I wasn't the first to come up with a cave-racer with a batman theme. Apparently it's an obvious choice.

Cheers,

Ralph

A cool racer rocker indeed.... with a cool front part, a cool engine and very cool wings too. Hot Bat-ride on! :grin::thumbup:

Interesting use of arches in the wings. You're right, it doesnt look much like a bat but still its a pretty good MOC.

Great work, considering Batman actually HAS a cave, I'd say this is very appropriate. Nice wing design too!

Batbrick Away! :devil:

Way too big, but way too cool. I'm amazed by the technique, it looks like it could go fast and it's well built. Probably my favourite Cave Racer, but it's going to hit some walls on the turns! :grin: