Paperinik77pk

[MOC] "Feldbahn" System - Toy Train

Hi all, in these days I was taking a look to old toys - and I met again the Egger-Bahn system, which was an H0e Feldbahn/Decauville set of small locomotives and rolling stock.

Starting from that, I tried to design something very modular and easy to build. I based all the rolling stock on 9v motors and rails, since I've a good quantity of these which I don't use often.

Locomotives are 10 studs wide, while wagons are 8-wide.

Lego "Feldbahn" System

There are three different locomotives for the moment, the first one is pretty strange - It basically has a wooden box in the front of the cabin - I sincerely do not know what that "box" can be used for, since the motor is there and should produce a lot of heat :iamded_lol:. Apart these "technical" considerations, it is copied from the Egger-Bahn locomotive I found on the catalogs of the 60's :wub_drool: 

The second green locomotive (the one with red chassis) is also taken from the Egger-Bahn catalog - it should be based on a Gmeinder real locomotive. The third locomotive (red one) is a bit more modern in design. It is not a reproduction of a real model - it is a mix of many small locomotives I saw during some internet surfing. 

Lego "Feldbahn" System

Lego "Feldbahn" System

I thought some "people" could be a nice addition - therefore I included some "Miniland" styled figures. They fit in the cabins and are quite proportioned to the whole set.

There's some room inside the locomotives hood and cabins, so the 9v motor could be replaced by a more modern PuP system.

Lego "Feldbahn" System - The Whole Set!

I hope you like it!

Ciao! 

Davide

Edited by Paperinik77pk

On 1/10/2020 at 4:59 PM, Pdaitabird said:

Wonderful! It's nice to see the 9v system getting some love!

Thank you!!! :laugh:

In this case the 9v system is nice, since it is very similar to DC H0/H0e, having in common the powered rails -  I thought it was more faithful to the original idea :classic:

I made some modifications to the wagons chassis, from a totally square to a more rounded shape, which is more realistic. I changed also the wheels of the wagons, using technic parts and the wheels with axlehole (making the whole wagon cheaper to build) :wink:

I recreated all the renderings of my previous posts, after this and some other corrections.

Lego "Feldbahn" System - Tourist Train

In the picture above,I prepared a rendering of a tourists train , with open and covered wagons, plus a rework of the "wooden box" locomotive.

The black color, the lack of the two front headlights and a bigger headlight on the roof makes it more similar to the first version of the  Egger-Bahn No.4 locomotive, also called "Contractors Locomotive".

All cleaned up and restored, is ready for a "special train" in the woods :excited:

Edited by Paperinik77pk

17 hours ago, zephyr1934 said:

Very nice! How do you think it would look with homemaker figures?

Thanks!!! I think it would be...more or less...this way! :laugh_hard::laugh_hard::laugh_hard:

Decauville Homemaker

The locomotive is the green one - retrograded to the late 70s :laugh:. The minifig is a bit zombie-ish, but I could not figure how to turn its arms up/down!! *huh*

Ciao! :wink:

Davide

20 minutes ago, LEGO Train 12 Volts said:

Superb .... I like the style of these mini wagons. :wub:

The characters remember me those from Legoland

Another great work and a front page once again! :thumbup:

Thanks Emanuele!!! For the minifigures I reproduced a "Miniland" one I've on one Lego Book  - they fit fine, and I think they'll work with my 1:22,5 scale models too :laugh:

Ciao!

Davide

17 hours ago, Feuer Zug said:

Interesting remake. I like the scale and the figures add to the scenes.

Thanks! I added them to make some scenery around the trains, but now I've began to like them a lot...they're addictive to design!!! :wub:

Edited by Paperinik77pk

I love the look and the scale of these. Think I'll build some. My layout is PF the IR kind. Think the green engine with red chassis could fit it? What would you design for PF?

9 hours ago, sed6 said:

I love the look and the scale of these. Think I'll build some. My layout is PF the IR kind. Think the green engine with red chassis could fit it? What would you design for PF?

Thanks!!!

Since I've no 9v track at home (it is everything in my mountain's home), in order to see something "real",  I began to prepare a quite different version based on PF/IR - I'ts quite a mess to put everything inside, but it's not an impossible task :laugh:. The main problem is always fitting all the PF cables, too thick and difficult to fold. :damn:

I confirm, It is a modified version of the green locomotive with the red chassis (the only one that could fit a battery box inside the bonnet).

This evening I'll post some photos! Let's reason on it together :thumbup:

Ciao!

Davide

20200129_081702

20200129_081658

Hi there @sed6, sorry for delay. Here's the PF protoype ongoing.

Since many of these locomotives have only one side access to the cabin, the PF receiver could be placed as shown, and then masked with something black or some sort of leverage/control. As you can see, cables are always the problem. Using PuP receiver and motor could leave the cabin pretty clean, but It is an expensive choice.

The battery can also be placed on its side, allowing to lower a bit the bonnet. In order to turn on the locomotive, a generic door can used on one side of the hood (these locomotives normally had really easy access to the engine and vital parts) :laugh:

Ciao!

Davide

Edited by Paperinik77pk

Wow, that's great progress! I really didn't mean for you to go to the extra effort of building another. The battery on it's side is an interesting idea. 

15 hours ago, sed6 said:

Wow, that's great progress! I really didn't mean for you to go to the extra effort of building another. The battery on it's side is an interesting idea. 

Nooooo problem, no extra effort at all :classic: - I was already building the chassis for testing the couplings :thumbup:

I simply added the PF motor and battery :wink:

Hi Davide,

nice "Feldbahn" you show us here .

I think you know that there are some intresting Films at Youtube.

Look for " Lego narrow gauge"

or " Lego Feldbahn"

Torsten

On 2/16/2020 at 9:48 PM, brummer said:

Hi Davide,

nice "Feldbahn" you show us here .

I think you know that there are some intresting Films at Youtube.

Look for " Lego narrow gauge"

or " Lego Feldbahn"

Torsten

Thank you Torsten! I saw the videos and they're truly amazing! :thumbup::wub: