Perterz

[MOC] Modular City Block

As announced I present you something different from the usual Fantasy Castle themed MOCs I’ve build past 2years.

It’s my very first try building sort of Modular Houses and my biggest MOC to date. Around 6000 pieces went into this.

The MOC consists of 4 major modules, the houses itself don’t have an interior. it isn’t even possible in the first house (Dark Bley/Olive Green) due to space taken for constructing the windows and door.

I’m planning to create a fully Modular building with interior later on this year tho.

Modular City Block

Modular City Block

Modular City Block

Modular City Block

More on Flickr

Those doors look awesome! Also I really like that side barn in dark green. Great work.

There are so many cool details and techniques that Id be surprised if you could fit an interior in there; you'd probably need to make the walls 3 thick to hide all the window and wall techniques. Which parts did you use behind the 2x2 turntable tops on the first floor of the center, dark orange building?

Edited by gotoAndLego

On 1/9/2020 at 5:01 PM, Chilis said:

Oh, WOW!! :wub_drool: Beautiful and amazing details! Well done!

Thank you very much!

4 hours ago, adwind said:

Those doors look awesome! Also I really like that side barn in dark green. Great work.

Thank you very much! I’ve just created a tutorial on how to make the shed:

Modular City Block Shed Tutorial

I’m planning to create a similar tutorial for the doors and windows soon!

4 hours ago, gotoAndLego said:

There are so many cool details and techniques that Id be surprised if you could fit an interior in there; you'd probably need to make the walls 3 thick to hide all the window and wall techniques. Which parts did you use behind the 2x2 turntable tops on the first floor of the center, dark orange building?

There’s no room for interior at all in the Dark Bley/Olive Green building due to construction of the windows and door!

The other buildings are relatively doable but not ideal for interiors.

Those turntable tops are connected to a 1x12 plate which is connected to the backsides of a couple 1x1 headlight bricks. 

Thank you very much!

Oh my, your moc looks disturbingly realistic.
To me it really depicts this dark industrial-style vibe.
And the sewage pipes breaking the edge hints at things to come, as if you want to continue the moc further.

Is the scene based on an existing street?

15 hours ago, GeoBrick said:

Oh my, your moc looks disturbingly realistic.
To me it really depicts this dark industrial-style vibe.
And the sewage pipes breaking the edge hints at things to come, as if you want to continue the moc further.

Is the scene based on an existing street?

Thank you very much!

I’ll deffinatly build more Modular buildings in the near future, they’re fun to do!

The sewage pipes were a detail came to mind while building the base, thought it would be fun 👍

The MOC is 100% imagination, not based on an existing street..

14 hours ago, adwind said:

Thanks for sharing your techniques! @Perterz

You’re welcome!

Thank you!

Edited by Perterz

Excellent work! Love all the details and the texturing you managed to work even into the plain walls.

Not doing an interior does allow for some really cool techniques that otherwise simply aren't possible (unless you went for 4 wide walls :laugh:), and you made really good use of thos epossibilities!

20 hours ago, RogerSmith said:

Excellent work! Love all the details and the texturing you managed to work even into the plain walls.

Not doing an interior does allow for some really cool techniques that otherwise simply aren't possible (unless you went for 4 wide walls :laugh:), and you made really good use of thos epossibilities!

True that, not making an interior give a lot of room to go wild on the facade!

One doesn’t see the interior anyway..

Thank you very much!

14 hours ago, LEGO Train 12 Volts said:

Wow, beautiful diorama and impressive details: the custom doors, the main wall, the roof and the balcony are very original!

Simply perfect! :wub::thumbup:

Thank you very much!