Hinckley

Thack Desteck—Day 6, Brigadoon

Players (in their anonymous character accounts) only please!!!

001.jpg

002.jpg

003.jpg

004.jpg

005.jpg

006.jpg

007.jpg

008.jpg

009.jpg

010.jpg

011.jpg

012.jpg

013.jpg

014.jpg

015.jpg

016.jpg

017.jpg

Day Six has begun. You may not vote in the first 24 hours. The day will last precisely 72 hours. Each day a random player will be given a scroll. The scroll will contain an ability that the Neutral (Traveler) can use. It will be up to the player who receives the scroll if they want to pass it along to the Traveler.

***Characters chosen for fake-out death scenes are chosen completely at random. Their involvement in the Night scenes gives no indication of their role or affiliation. They are simply for fun, nothing more.

Rules

(Deviations from the EB standard Mafia rules are in bold blue. Modified clauses have been struck through.)

1. Each player will be given a character to play, who will be aligned with either the Town (Oceanides) or the Scum (Gorgons). To win the game, the Town must kill off all the Mafia, while the Mafia needs to kill off all of the Town, or nothing can prevent this from happening (see example role PMs below) Third-Party (neutral) characters have their own win conditions as outlined in their roles.

1a. This is an anonymous game and you may only post in your character account sent to you by the host. Be sure to check before you post that you are in your anonymous account and not in your main Eurobricks account.

1b. When communicating in private, you should not reveal you true identities to each other, either.

2. Each day you will be able to vote to lynch a player. Voting is mandatory. Voting should be done in the following format; Vote: Character. Similarly, unvoting is to be done in the format; Unvote: Character. No other format will be accepted. A majority vote is required to lynch a player. The player with the most votes will be lynched.

3. A game day will last a maximum of 72 hours. You may not vote in the first 24 hours. The day will end when a majority vote has been reached. A majority being reached will not end the day. The day will continue for the full 72 hours and any majority vote that is reached can be overturned. After the day has concluded, a night stage will commence, which will last a maximum of 48 hours. Night actions must be sent to the host in the first 24 hours of the night stage.

3.5. Players may not target the same player two nights in a row, and may not target themselves. Players may not target themselves. Unless otherwise noted in your role PM, players CAN target the same player two nights in a row.

4. The alignment of lynched players, as well as those that died during the night, will be revealed at the beginning of the following day.

5. You may not quote or pretend to quote anything sent to or from you in PM with the game host. This includes all the details of your character and role, as well as any night action results. Role claims and reporting of night action results are acceptable, but in your own words only. Do not attempt to use the structure of your role PM to your advantage. Similarly, you may not directly quote any communications that were sent to you by other players in the game. If you wish to reveal private communications, these must also be paraphrased. 

5a. The Role PM is structured for every player in this way:

Player: Your EB Profile

Character: Character name

Affiliation: Town (Oceanide) or Scum (Gorgon) or Neutral (Traveler)

Role: [Either the details of a Night Action or] Vanilla. You have no ability. Your power is in your vote! Use it wisely.

Win Condition: Either (You win when all of the Gorgons (Scum) are eliminated) or (You win when all of the Oceanides (Town) are dead, or nothing can prevent this from happening) or (Neutral's win condition)

6. Do not play the game outside the thread. Similarly, do not post out of character inside the thread; you must always play the role given to you. Game tactics and roles may only be discussed in the game thread or via PM with other players. Private discussion is done at your own risk and should be treated as part of the game.

7. If you are dead, you may not post in thread or discuss the game with any of the players. Any information you had becomes void, and may not be passed on.

8. You may not edit your posts.

9. You must post in every day thread.

10. If you encounter a problem or have a question, please contact the host via PM.

11. Violation of the above rules will result in a vote penalty of half the required majority against you on your first offense, and the death of your character on your second offense. Violation of rule 7 will have a heavier penalty, including suspension, made at the discretion of the Games Moderator. A warning will be given upon our first violation of Rule 1. Do be careful when posting to ensure you are posting from the correct account.

12. There are no hints or clues in the day/night images.

NPC

0_tellia.jpg

Queen Tellia, Ruler of Thack Desteck

0_naryyus.jpg

King Naryyus, Dead King

0_kyrrio.jpg

Kyrrio, King's Guard

0_ddewy.jpg

Ddewy, Queen's Guard

0_killer.jpg

—, Killer-for-hire

0_proochllooeros.jpg

Proochllooeros, Ocean Shaman

Characters

araveea.jpg

Araveea, Master of Music

eeyara.jpg

Eeyara, Master of Negotiations

luxxon.jpg

Luxxon, Master of Music

nancy.jpg

Nancy, Master of Coin

tameekys.jpg

Tameekys, Master of Agriculture

zandder.jpg

Zandder, Master of Coral Protection

The Dead

ronnan.jpg

Ronnan, Master of War—Oceanidemudered on Night One

coralaaze.jpg

Coralaaze, Master of Education—Gorgonpew-pewed on Day Three

mazziko.jpg

Mazziko, Master of Labor—Oceanidemudered on Night Three

nerrio.jpg

Nerrio, Master of Public Relations—Gorgonpew-pewed on Day Four

scabowee_wah.jpg

Scabowee-wah, Master of Invertebrate Relations—Oceanidemudered on Night Four

cadd.jpg

Cadd, Special Counsel to the Queen—Oceanidepew-pewed on Day Five

marwyyn.jpg

Marwyyn, Master of Architecture—Oceanidemudered on Night Five

**Council titles are strictly for players to have fun with their characters.

Two people that I generally trusted are no longer here today because of stupidity yesterday and the scum taking advantage at night. "Let's lynch the guy who is trying to be helpful just because he made a few typos." I'm not surprised that Marwyyn was killed last night. At least her post count can't go any higher.

I feel like I'm the only one playing right now that doesn't know who the fucking Traveler is either. I'm probably the only one period, since the people on the deadboard probably know. I have a pretty good idea that it's Luxxon based on how he voted and when he showed up, but I'd at least like to know. There's four of us town left today. We can still win this provided we don't make anymore stupid mistakes. I'm sure that Araveea and Zandder will want to get rid of me today. Zandder because he's probably the last scum and Araveea based on the fact that Coralaaze said that my head was on right. 

Granny is going into full combat mode now. 

30 minutes ago, Zandder said:

It's a real shame we were wrong about Cadd... it seems he did have his wits about him in the end. 

You aren't even trying to sound town anymore.

That conversation we had was just an elaborate fishing expedition to try to find out who the investigator was. That same, short conversation where you said you thought the last scum was Tameekys and that Cadd was probably just paranoid. And then both Araveea and I, two people with pretty good going town credentials, both said we thought Cadd was town, and yet you still voted Cadd because you claimed he was making stuff up. He wasn't making stuff up, he was getting stuff wrong and apologising when he realised he was wrong. 

@Tameekys I forgot to quote you but, yes, the traveler is Luxxon. There's no point in you not knowing at this point. The fact that he hammered the vote on Cadd yesterday at the last moment indicates to me that he really isn't interested in helping town. Granny, combine your baking skills with your weed and make us some nice cookies, it's going to be a long fucking day.

40 minutes ago, Nancy said:

Granny, combine your baking skills with your weed and make us some nice cookies, it's going to be a long fucking day.

I've been baking since I woke up this morning.

There's no real use of private conversation and secrets with only six of us left. I received a scroll this morning, my first this game. It makes me feel important. I cannot directly quote the scroll, but it's basically a role thief, that the traveler will use the night action of the target if the target's got one. Knowing that the Traveler has got absolutely no intentions on really helping us anymore, considering he could've won with us, I will be holding onto it. 

With the way that some people have been acting I'd almost suspect that there's more than one scum left. Look on the bright side, less than 23 hours until we can vote for Zandder. 

Wait just one minute here! Marwyyn was suppose to be protected last night. That means that someone in the town block is actually the last scum. I am not afraid of sharing this information because based on what just happened, we are possibly done tonight unless we lynch the right person. If we do lynch the last Gorgon then we win tonight.

I'd like to see what others have to say before I go accusing any one person though.

21 minutes ago, Tameekys said:

With the way that some people have been acting I'd almost suspect that there's more than one scum left.

That's what I said yesterday and everyone called me a fear mongering lying scum for it. :hmpf:

Sorry Cadd, I apparently mistook excited help for scummy knowledge.

I tried to protect Marwynn last night, but was unsuccessful.  

I also used a protection on Marwynn the previous night.

48 minutes ago, Luxxon said:

I tried to protect Marwynn last night, but was unsuccessful.  

I also used a protection on Marwynn the previous night.

So you were blocked then? That means the person who we think is the town blocker or someone that had a blocking one-shot is actually scum, I think that makes sense?

Unless someone else wants to claim to blocking Luxxon.

3 hours ago, Tameekys said:

I feel like I'm the only one playing right now that doesn't know who the fucking Traveler is either.

Cadd kind of spilled the beans yesterday if you paid attention to who had posted when:

On 1/6/2020 at 8:13 PM, Cadd said:

They haven’t been doing a good job of finding the last scum. They’ve haven’t contributed anything to today.

As for yesterday:

On 1/7/2020 at 1:35 AM, Nancy said:

I trust Cadd more than I trust you,

I understand your reasoning yesterday, Nancy, but it makes me sad nonetheless :cry_sad:. I'm sorry you feel like I didn't respect your judgment about Cadd; I just thought you were wrong. But you weren't :sceptic:. Cadd is confirmed Oceanide so I've gone back to look at his notes from yesterday, in particular the one about Eeyara (emphasis mine):

On 1/6/2020 at 2:34 AM, Cadd said:

Eeyara - could be the source of the leak about the unlynch scroll, uncleared.

Eeyara said after Araveea brought us Coralaaze that she knew who the investigator was. Was Eeyara cleared last night? Or is she pulling the wool over our eyes? This situation reminds me very much of the legend I once heard of a ship called Enterprise, floating amongst the stars. In that legend, the crew of the ship had the final scum in their sights from the first day, but it wasn't until the final day that the crew were released from the Klingon threat by voting for Dr. McCoy. Eeyara was a leading lynch candidate on Days One and Two, and Coralaaze and Nerrio split their votes on Day Two. In addition, Eeyara voted with Nerrio (and me :hmpf_bad:) on Day Two for Marwyyn, who is now confirmed town. She's uncleared, apparently in the town bloc, and has been in our sights since Day One.

2 hours ago, Tameekys said:

I've been baking since I woke up this morning.

mmmm weed Granny

48 minutes ago, Eeyara said:

So you were blocked then? That means the person who we think is the town blocker or someone that had a blocking one-shot is actually scum, I think that makes sense?

Unless someone else wants to claim to blocking Luxxon.

A block was my first thought, but I was only told that I was unsuccessful, not the reason why.  I presumed it was scum.

Let's think about this logically. I don't have much time right now, but I'll get us started.

Marwyyn was killed. Luxxon was supposed to protect her. Two choices here:

1) Luxxon didn't actually protect him, which implies he's gotten in touch with the remaining scum (which is only natural, since Luxxon needs to help the last Gorgon in order to win) and they planned Marwyyn's murder together. Since the Traveller identity had gotten pretty clear by yesterday thanks to Cadd, not only players who had scrolls so far can be accused of plutting with the Traveler. Anyone could have pulled this off last night.

2) Luxxon did try to protect Marwyyn, but the Gorgon used a Strongman action and bypassed the protection. Which means that scum had an inventor. I say had, because inventions can't be shared between players AFAIK. If the last scum had an invention, it means the scum Inventor is dead by now. That hypothetic scum inventor could also have passed along a Ninja action which may or may not have been used, but nothing else.

So Marwyyn's death can be explained in two ways, which may or may not involve Luxxon.

Now Marwyyn was an interesting choice. She already had an action gifted by Nancy with which she was supposed to test someone last night. She also was supposed to receive another action that would have protected her from further harm. So last night was the "right" night to kill Marwyyn from scum POV. This might have been a coincidence, but points more towards an insider knowledge of roles and night actions. One that Zandder or Tameekys did not have to my knowledge, they could have learned a few things from speaking to Luxxon last night, but not really enough. Okay, asking Luxxon to protect Marwyyn twice did suggest Marwyyn had an important role in the town block, but wasn't it easier to kill someone unprotected and not have Luxxon look bad? Interesting thought.

For some time I found it mildly unsettling that Nancy was inventor and the Gorgons could also have an inventor. I have been thinking long and hard trying to figure out how Nancy could actually be the scum inventor and fool us into thinking she was one of us. We knew what kind of inventions the scum inventor could create, and that didn't match what Nancy was verified to invent. Let's say that the scum inventor could invent only some specific actions for Gorgons but others for Town in order to fool them. Could Nancy be scum and have fooled us all along? Say she was the scum inventor from the start, she couldn't have used the Strongman herself. And if another Gorgon was the inventor and the Strongman has actually been given to Nancy, then she wouldn't have been able to have someone else give a block action to Marwyyn the night before, since Nerrio was already lynched. Unless Nancy is absorbing all of the actions of the dead scum? Unlikely imo.

To recap, if a Strongman action was used to kill Marwyyn, Nancy can't be scum. If Luxxon didn't protect Marwyyn, then basically anyone could be scum collaborating with Luxxon, including Nancy.

The other player knowing very well what was going on in the so-called town block is Eeyara. She has been trusted, but she could have pulled all of the above just as well.

There's probably more, but I need to go now. I hope this gives you all some food for thought.

By the way, so far I'm not accusing anyone. Just putting down some thoughts trying to figure out the most likely lynch candidate. For that matter, despite all of the above, I don't think Nancy is the most likely Gorgon candidate right now. It takes way too many assumptions and twists for it to happen. Occam razor and all that. So let's keep thinking this over.

Regardless of whether you believe I can or can't be scum, I believe the strongman action was used last night. It accounts for the events that we know. I wanted to wait to see what Luxxon was going to say about his protection, and what he says makes me think that is the case. Occam's Razor Clam.

It looks like you and Eeyara are going through some similar thought processes to those I went through yesterday. Let me help you by refocusing on the fact that the list of scum roles is clearly visible and my town inventions have been verified again and again. I sent a message to Marwyyn overnight (ironically suggesting they might use the strongman overnight) where I also said that it was clear that my blocks (Araveea has already told Zannder I give out blocks) are countered by their strongman and my trackers are countered by their ninja invention. I suspect that we were given my role because they chose the scum inventor, which ups the likelihood that the strongman was used last night. I'm sure that Marwyyn will take a small amount of solace from beyond the grave that at least Luxxon did actually try to save her. 

On the subject of Marwyyn, she wasn't all that much of an interesting choice (not saying you're not interesting Marv). She had been incredibly vocal in the first couple of days, with all sorts of random vocal tics which were unfortunately distracting and unhelpful, despite being fun. That got her into hot water, but somehow she turned it all around. I know some of us know how that happened, and to an outside observer it happened around the time the scum result was brought forward on Coralaaze. It's almost as if she found some way to verify herself, and an outsider might possibly wonder what on earth Marwyyn could have done to become so trusted... :look: 

And then Zannder's in in my PMs fishing for the investigator. Cause the investigator is how we got one of the scum, and the pool of people to investigate is getting small, and that's the last scum's biggest threat. And we can be pretty sure that there's only one scum left because:

005.jpg

It's not a clue in the picture, it's the exposition in the text.

And there isn't a scum conversion role and the only way I could find for conversion to happen would be through a traveler scroll, which might be the day 3 scroll but I think it's unlikely, but even if it does, even if there are two scum left I am pretty convinced that Zannder is one of, if not the, last scum.

7 minutes ago, Nancy said:

Araveea has already told Zannder I give out blocks

Araveea did no such thing.

7 minutes ago, Nancy said:

And then Zannder's in in my PMs fishing for the investigator

I did no such thing.

And please spell my name correctly if you're going to come for me.

Just now, Zandder said:

Araveea did no such thing.

You're just not reading.

11 hours ago, Araveea said:

And if another Gorgon was the inventor and the Strongman has actually been given to Nancy, then she wouldn't have been able to have someone else give a block action to Marwyyn the night before, since Nerrio was already lynched.

Just now, Zandder said:

I did no such thing.

Except you did. You said something like "Cadd says he's been investigated and found to be not gorgon, and if I want to check then I should just go ask the investigator myself, but how would would I do that when I don't even know who that is... LOL.... :look: ..."

That's fishing. If you had straight up asked who the investigator was, I would have said asking, not fishing. You were fishing Zzzaaaannnnddddeeeerrrrrrr. :tongue: 

**"how would I even do that" not "how would would I do that"

Cadd *told me* that if I didn't believe him I should "go check with the investigator" which is one hell of a fishy thing to say.

And then he told me to check with Araveea (presumably because she's the one who delivered us Coralaaze)

4 hours ago, Zandder said:

Cadd *told me* that if I didn't believe him I should "go check with the investigator" which is one hell of a fishy thing to say.

You've already got rid of Cadd. He was town. There's no point in trying to make him look scummy anymore. 

Voting is now open.

48 hours remain in Day Six. Interlude will be posted some time this evening or tomorrow.

2 hours ago, Tameekys said:

There's no point in trying to make him look scummy anymore. 

Well, it's true.

I've already laid out my case against Eeyara, and I hope you realize that she, somehow, is in the town bloc despite not (apparently) being cleared, and she is the one capable of strongarm murdering Marwyyn in the night.

Vote: Eeyara

I did the maths. If we lynch Town today, we are going to lose no matter what. If we lynch scum, we win (doh). But if we're not absolutely 150% sure of our lynch, the only way to Town victory is to lynch the Traveler. Sorry, it's not personal.

Vote: Luxxon.

Vote: Zandder

He has to be the last scum.

@Araveea, you gave us Coralaaze, which is all but confirmed town in my books.

@Nancy, we know what inventions the scum inventor would be given, and that doesn't line up with what I understand you have been handing out.  There is no reason to believe you are not the town inventor, and that the role was given to you as a result of scum picking that as one of their abilities. 

@Tameekys, my understanding is that you are all but cleared within the town block as a result of you receiving an invention from Nancy.  I don't have the details around this, but I have no reason to doubt your towniness.

@Eeyara, Coralaaze and Nerrio both voted for you on Day 3, when there was still plenty of time and before it was revealed that Coralaaze was scum.  I really don't believe two scum would vote for another scum when it was not necessary, unless it was in a situation like Coralaaze where there were investigator results.

Vote Tally

Zandder: 3 (Tameekys, Nancy, Luxxon)
Eeyara: 1 (Zandder)
Luxxon: 1 (Araveea)
Non-voters: 1 (Eeyara)

Currently Zandder will be pew-pewed unless someone else receives more votes. 44 hours and 22 minutes remain in Day Six.

3 hours ago, Tameekys said:

2 hours ago, Zandder said:

Vote: Eeyara

2 hours ago, Nancy said:

1 hour ago, Araveea said:

Vote: Luxxon.

10 minutes ago, Luxxon said:

26 minutes ago, Luxxon said:

@Eeyara, Coralaaze and Nerrio both voted for you on Day 3, when there was still plenty of time and before it was revealed that Coralaaze was scum.  I really don't believe two scum would vote for another scum when it was not necessary, unless it was in a situation like Coralaaze where there were investigator results. 

Unfortunately that doesn't clear Eeyara if she was the Traitor and Coralaaze and Nerrio didn't know that until the investigation result was revealed.