10 hours ago, nigel1975 said:

Has been very interesting following your build. I really like the final entry and you made a great video! 

Thanks! :) 

1 hour ago, Seasider said:

I think it looks great and I love the fact you had the perfect place to take photos. But part of me thinks it looks a lot like 41999 Boss crawler with a big engine and a crane on the back.

Thanks! 

Well, what I can say, some of people would say it look like 41999, like 42069, like latest madoca crawler, like 9398, like muslcle cars. Yes, all of them are right. But also you can say that 41999 was inspired by real cars, madoca crawler was inspired by real car, 42069 was inspired by real cars. Well, all Mad Max cars was based on real cars. 

All in all my build is also inspired by real cars which I like. :pir_laugh2:

What’s with the real spooky ghost child in the background at about 42 seconds in the vid. Seriously what am I seeing there? :cry_sad:

6 hours ago, MangaNOID said:

What’s with the real spooky ghost child in the background at about 42 seconds in the vid. Seriously what am I seeing there? :cry_sad:

That freaked me out too...!

Otherwise great video and photo's. And an awesome build of course :thumbup:

Well.. It was my first time I did instructions and probably the last one.  RIP :pir-murder:

coNCO1j.jpg

6bfMOEu.jpg

Wow, they did not even try to remove copyright. Lazy thiefs.

But that doesn't change the fact that your build is incredible and I hope that you will still build and share your awesome creations, even without instructions.

There are two ways to fight these chinese copy cats. 

Option 1:

-Make instructions that cost money. 
-Get copied by chinese copycats
-Take legal action
-?????
-Profit. 

Option 2:
-Make free instructions. 
-They can't make sales because the original instructions are free. 
-?????
-Profit. 

If you can think of a water proof solid plan that works then please share! 
Either way, the chinese copy cats sell full models including bricks and instructions. 
While we only sell the digital instructions. Which is considerably cheaper than the full model the chinese sell. 

54 minutes ago, Mechbuilds said:

Option 1:

-Make instructions that cost money. 
-Take legal action
-?????
-Profit. 

Option 2:
-Make free instructions. 
-?????
-Profit. 

Neither of these works. In the first case, good luck taking a legal case against the Chinese. Let's be honest, it's never going to work. And in the second case, their websites where they sell the stuff are vastly more popular that wherever you publish your instructions, so most people will buy from them without even realizing you're offering the instructions for free. Also, you're only offering instructions while they're offering instructions + all the pieces. Guess what most people will choose.

@Ctan at least you can take some pride from the fact that your model is considered good enough to be copied. It places you(r model) in the top league of moc'ers.

All the rest just sucks, try to ignore it and continue enjoying the hobby for your own pleasure.

Yeah that's sad but even free model C alternate (like 42078 snow plow by Grohl) got copied and are sold for a pretty high price.

I don't understand why you would buy something that won't let you build the A and B model in the first place (due to something like 1000 parts missing) but anyway it seems there's a market for those.

49 minutes ago, Rudivdk said:

All the rest just sucks,

The only ones who sucks are chinese copycats. Period.

2 hours ago, keymaker said:

The only ones who sucks are chinese copycats. Period.

Exactly that.

Just to be sure, 'all the rest' in my post was referring to all copycats/reselling instructions/copyright infringements etc, not 'all the rest' in general... 

On 10/23/2020 at 9:55 PM, fosamax said:

Wow, they did not even try to remove copyright. Lazy thiefs.

But that doesn't change the fact that your build is incredible and I hope that you will still build and share your awesome creations, even without instructions.

Yeah, they even didn't care to remove copyrights. We live in World where some countries (especially China) can steal intelectual properties, ideas, technologies etc. without any problems. Who cares?
I'm not going to make any instructions in the future. Even I don't like to share the details of builds which are on my shelves.
It's very demotivating when somebody without any care can steal your work, your pictures to make profit. Just because you can't react, literally you can do nothing to made them f** off your work.

On 10/24/2020 at 12:45 PM, Mechbuilds said:

-Make free instructions. 

Yes, they can make sales even if instructions are free. This society is sick.

22 hours ago, Rudivdk said:

@Ctan at least you can take some pride from the fact that your model is considered good enough to be copied. It places you(r model) in the top league of moc'ers.

All the rest just sucks, try to ignore it and continue enjoying the hobby for your own pleasure.

I think this way of thinking is very motivating ;) Just leave this sick country alone.

Anyway, I have left the instructions for free from now.

https://rebrickable.com/mocs/MOC-35305/ctan666/rebel-tow-truck/

Well honestly there are only a handful of people who can make amazing mocs like these, but there are millions of people who simply can't build any mocs. 
You are in the 1% whos mocs are so amazing that the chinese take all that effort to start copying it and mass producing it. 

In my opinion i think it's good that some of those 1%ers are sharing instructions for free. The rest of us with no talent have a solid base model moc to start modifying from.
Perhaps even learn new building techniques. Of course lego is expensive and getting money from instructions helps.. But what fun hobby isn't expensive?

Sure it sucks that the chinese are making money off of your creation. But there is realistically very little we can do about it. So we are only left with two options. Pull the strings and put the work in and actually do something about it. Or just forget it and move on. 

Edited by Mechbuilds