ks6349

Comment about this forum

I am not connecting through VPN. I am not using private browsing, I have checked "Remember Me" always, but it just doesn't "remember" me very well. I never log out when I close a tab, but very quickly the forum requires me to log in again. Although ID and passwords are saved, it's still a mess. Is there anything I can do to extend the length of time of the login so that I don't need to log in so frequently

I very rarely get logged out. Do you block cookies?

The site also remembers me just fine - maybe once a week or so it'll force me to log back in if I haven't manually logged out.  What browser are you using?  Firefox and Safari work fine for me.  Maybe an ad blocker or some other software like that could be interfering somehow?

13 hours ago, deraven said:

The site also remembers me just fine - maybe once a week or so it'll force me to log back in if I haven't manually logged out.  What browser are you using?  Firefox and Safari work fine for me.  Maybe an ad blocker or some other software like that could be interfering somehow?

Chrome. Never private browsing or VPN or TOR, Never. It just logs me out probably 1 or 2 minutes (I guess) if I close the tab and then try to get back

Added: I have just tested: It logs me out IMMEDIATELY after I close the browsing tab and re-enter.

It doesn't happen to my browsers on other sites.

Edited by ks6349

@GREG998 I think it has to do with past news topics in that sub forum being overrun with non-news, nonsense, baseless speculations, dumb arguments etc to the point that the real news was lost and buried; and that this (drastic) approach was deemed necessary to make the news topic useful, especially when there are "discussion" topics for all that other chatter; and considering that it seems nice warnings just weren't working anymore? At least that's the impression I get.

As for the OP, I never get logged out that I can tell, but then I tend to log out if I'm going to be off for a while...

On 1/20/2020 at 9:28 AM, GREG998 said:

I like this aggressive tone.....in army or jail. Here, this is innapropriate to "shoot first", to threat people with "severe consequences" (head chopping, neutering, torment of the spanish wheelbarrow)?

Just calm down, say things that have to be said in a less challenging manner and perhaps drink less redbull.

Obviously @MKJoshA or any of the Star Wars team can speak best to this, but the tone that's needed can definitely vary by forum. There are certain subforums that can tend to get off-topic much more quickly, need repeated warnings that are often ignored, and many times staff have to step in for further action because the thread gets derailed in any number of ways. We have community guidelines that every member agrees to when joining, but sometimes we have to reinforce these rules more prominently as people can often ignore them. Where possible, we would definitely like to lay out the expectations upfront to avoid this potential mess down the line; not only do people not following the rules cause us to have to step in, it can be disruptive for the community to work around those things like false information.                                                                                                                                         

In other words, I see the intention as "preventative not provocative"

On 1/20/2020 at 8:28 AM, GREG998 said:

Don't know if it's the right place but as this thread is "comment about this forum".....I've found something that bothers me here:

https://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?/forums/topic/172310-lego-star-wars-2020-news-everyone-please-read-first-post/

I like this aggressive tone.....in army or jail. Here, this is innapropriate to "shoot first", to threat people with "severe consequences" (head chopping, neutering, torment of the spanish wheelbarrow)?

Just calm down, say things that have to be said in a less challenging manner and perhaps drink less redbull.

7 hours ago, VBBN said:

Obviously @MKJoshA or any of the Star Wars team can speak best to this, but the tone that's needed can definitely vary by forum. There are certain subforums that can tend to get off-topic much more quickly, need repeated warnings that are often ignored, and many times staff have to step in for further action because the thread gets derailed in any number of ways. We have community guidelines that every member agrees to when joining, but sometimes we have to reinforce these rules more prominently as people can often ignore them. Where possible, we would definitely like to lay out the expectations upfront to avoid this potential mess down the line; not only do people not following the rules cause us to have to step in, it can be disruptive for the community to work around those things like false information.                                                                                                                                         

In other words, I see the intention as "preventative not provocative"

As VBBN said, preventative not provocative. Eurobricks has been the source of fake leaks in the past and we are working hard to prevent that. This is for the sake of Eurobricks members, readers of other Star Wars news blogs, and our relationship with TLG.

3 hours ago, GREG998 said:

How does the penalty point system work?

Probably best to take that up with @VBBN

41 minutes ago, GREG998 said:

I got my answer. In fact there is no point system. There is no " Given 1 points which will never expire" ( i quote what i received). That's just a rhetorical figure to impress sensitive people, that's faker than D Trump Hair.. I was disappointed to not have my damned point.....That's a shame would have sung Talk Talk (for those not knowing Talk Talk, rendez vous on Youtube).

Anyway; a real point system for moderation would be a clever idea. Kudos for @VBBN  creativity ;) :D :D :D

Warning points work as the IPB software allows, the expiration message is auto generated. Staff can add or remove to your warning at any time  

Ive already explained that each point in the warning system serves as a log of misbehavior. 

So err.. what happened to Greg998? Did you him walk the plank? :devil:

8 minutes ago, leafan said:

So err.. what happened to Greg998? Did you him walk the plank? :devil:

Sometimes we have to agree to disagree with certain members. While we have various levels of intervention, Greg pushed all the way to the limits of what the community allows.

54 minutes ago, MKJoshA said:

Sometimes we have to agree to disagree with certain members. While we have various levels of intervention, Greg pushed all the way to the limits of what the community allows.

Oh yeah I understand; it's just strange to see his posts totally disappear. I've seen banned members posts on here before.

37 minutes ago, leafan said:

it's just strange to see his posts totally disappear. I've seen banned members posts on here before.

Same here: Why is that happening? There are good number of posts of members branded with that "banned" thing.

Best
Thorsten

It's a one off. For the readability of the forum our policy is not to get rid of posts even when someone is banned. In this case Greg actually requested that we get rid of his posts, and in this case we honoured his request.

Honestly this shouldn't matter to anyone. We Eurobricks staff are all just doing our best to keep Eurobricks readable and a friendly, happy and safe atmosphere for everybody here who wants to engage in a friendly and happy manner.

All that said, this topic now has nothing to do with the original post, so I'm going to lock it.