Sign in to follow this  
ks6349

Comment about this forum

I am not connecting through VPN. I am not using private browsing, I have checked "Remember Me" always, but it just doesn't "remember" me very well. I never log out when I close a tab, but very quickly the forum requires me to log in again. Although ID and passwords are saved, it's still a mess. Is there anything I can do to extend the length of time of the login so that I don't need to log in so frequently

I very rarely get logged out. Do you block cookies?

The site also remembers me just fine - maybe once a week or so it'll force me to log back in if I haven't manually logged out.  What browser are you using?  Firefox and Safari work fine for me.  Maybe an ad blocker or some other software like that could be interfering somehow?

Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, deraven said:

The site also remembers me just fine - maybe once a week or so it'll force me to log back in if I haven't manually logged out.  What browser are you using?  Firefox and Safari work fine for me.  Maybe an ad blocker or some other software like that could be interfering somehow?

Chrome. Never private browsing or VPN or TOR, Never. It just logs me out probably 1 or 2 minutes (I guess) if I close the tab and then try to get back

Added: I have just tested: It logs me out IMMEDIATELY after I close the browsing tab and re-enter.

It doesn't happen to my browsers on other sites.

Edited by ks6349

Don't know if it's the right place but as this thread is "comment about this forum".....I've found something that bothers me here:

https://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?/forums/topic/172310-lego-star-wars-2020-news-everyone-please-read-first-post/

If you have news, substantiated rumors (you have a source that you can name or allude to), or other information regarding new 2020 sets, please post it here. THAT'S IT!!!!!  Anything else and you risk facing severe consequences. This is not for posting vague hints and toying with people.  This is not a discussion thread, that can be found here.  This IS your warning!

If you have questions about what belongs in this thread, please PM MKJoshA, BEAVeR, Stash2Sixx, or another Moderator. This is for news and news only.

If you choose to post fabricated information; you can expect to be banned!  It's not worth the fifteen minutes of internet fame.  This is for news and news only.

Do not post watermarked or confidential images; the image will be removed and the member will be dealt with appropriately. These are considered leaks and we have been asked by TLG to comply.  Our Member Guidelines state:

I like this aggressive tone.....in army or jail. Here, this is innapropriate to "shoot first", to threat people with "severe consequences" (head chopping, neutering, torment of the spanish wheelbarrow)?

Just calm down, say things that have to be said in a less challenging manner and perhaps drink less redbull.

Edited by GREG998

@GREG998 I think it has to do with past news topics in that sub forum being overrun with non-news, nonsense, baseless speculations, dumb arguments etc to the point that the real news was lost and buried; and that this (drastic) approach was deemed necessary to make the news topic useful, especially when there are "discussion" topics for all that other chatter; and considering that it seems nice warnings just weren't working anymore? At least that's the impression I get.

As for the OP, I never get logged out that I can tell, but then I tend to log out if I'm going to be off for a while...

On 1/20/2020 at 9:28 AM, GREG998 said:

I like this aggressive tone.....in army or jail. Here, this is innapropriate to "shoot first", to threat people with "severe consequences" (head chopping, neutering, torment of the spanish wheelbarrow)?

Just calm down, say things that have to be said in a less challenging manner and perhaps drink less redbull.

Obviously @MKJoshA or any of the Star Wars team can speak best to this, but the tone that's needed can definitely vary by forum. There are certain subforums that can tend to get off-topic much more quickly, need repeated warnings that are often ignored, and many times staff have to step in for further action because the thread gets derailed in any number of ways. We have community guidelines that every member agrees to when joining, but sometimes we have to reinforce these rules more prominently as people can often ignore them. Where possible, we would definitely like to lay out the expectations upfront to avoid this potential mess down the line; not only do people not following the rules cause us to have to step in, it can be disruptive for the community to work around those things like false information.                                                                                                                                         

In other words, I see the intention as "preventative not provocative"

On 1/20/2020 at 8:28 AM, GREG998 said:

Don't know if it's the right place but as this thread is "comment about this forum".....I've found something that bothers me here:

https://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?/forums/topic/172310-lego-star-wars-2020-news-everyone-please-read-first-post/

7 hours ago, VBBN said:

Obviously @MKJoshA or any of the Star Wars team can speak best to this, but the tone that's needed can definitely vary by forum. There are certain subforums that can tend to get off-topic much more quickly, need repeated warnings that are often ignored, and many times staff have to step in for further action because the thread gets derailed in any number of ways. We have community guidelines that every member agrees to when joining, but sometimes we have to reinforce these rules more prominently as people can often ignore them. Where possible, we would definitely like to lay out the expectations upfront to avoid this potential mess down the line; not only do people not following the rules cause us to have to step in, it can be disruptive for the community to work around those things like false information.                                                                                                                                         

In other words, I see the intention as "preventative not provocative"

As VBBN said, preventative not provocative. Eurobricks has been the source of fake leaks in the past and we are working hard to prevent that. This is for the sake of Eurobricks members, readers of other Star Wars news blogs, and our relationship with TLG.