Sign in to follow this  
merc

[OL-FB] An Unexpected Turn of Events

Jan 620

Mere,

I apologize for the late correspondence. Since last we wrote I talked about a shrine to the god Boreas. It is small and quaint I rather enjoy coming here from time to time to meditate.

49329122527_edc47091ed.jpg

As usual my little Corrish friend asked a million questions of religion and why it is so ingrained in the minds of the people. I grow tired of the constant badgering about religion vs science, however he do make for a good  and trustworthy errand boy. 

49328429353_71b4cee2be.jpg 

While there my brother Rene came by and  gave me a letter of promotion. Additionally he informed of an expedition that was underway and that he secured me a position within it. While being a secretary to the expedition leader is not ideal. The idea of leaving this boring place has a certain appeal to it. I hope to see you soon. 

Your Son,

Jean-Baptiste

This build had been sitting on my shelf for a while., but finally had the time and funds to finish it. C&C welcome.

It's nice to see another build related to the Order, the shrine looks very good with the black/golden roof and the white columns.

Congratz for the promotion, captain.

Nice architecture and color scheme. And those long smooth stairs look inviting. I like it. :classic:

Cool build. The tiled steps are very nice. And I'm glad you included the extra pics in the spoiler, because that black and gold roof is my favorite part of the build. :thumbup:

The temple looks cool ! I would only recommend making the small walls next to the steep steps a little more detailed :)

Lovely temple build, those Greek architectural elements are very well done. The slightly offset statue in the middle looks a bit odd to me, since all the rest of the temple is so symmetrical.

On 1/7/2020 at 11:56 PM, Bodi said:

It's nice to see another build related to the Order, the shrine looks very good with the black/golden roof and the white columns.

Congratz for the promotion, captain.

Thank you, I was fund trying to find an appropriate minor god to base the shrine on. 

On 1/8/2020 at 9:59 AM, Captain Dee said:

Nice architecture and color scheme. And those long smooth stairs look inviting. I like it. :classic:

Thank you, I know the the faith is based on Greek architecture and after visiting Greece some time ago I was inspired by all the smooth stones.

On 1/8/2020 at 10:14 AM, Capt Wolf said:

Cool build. The tiled steps are very nice. And I'm glad you included the extra pics in the spoiler, because that black and gold roof is my favorite part of the build. :thumbup:

Thank you. the roof was mine too. The difficult part was trying to find a pattern that I liked and that I had enough pieces for.

On 1/8/2020 at 11:52 AM, Fraunces said:

The temple looks cool ! I would only recommend making the small walls next to the steep steps a little more detailed :)

Thank you! I do agree with your point, after looking at the pictures some more I do notice how the walls next to the steps are plan.

20 hours ago, Darnok said:

Lovely temple build, those Greek architectural elements are very well done. The slightly offset statue in the middle looks a bit odd to me, since all the rest of the temple is so symmetrical.

So the symmetry was a pain due to the colored 1x1 tiles i used at each point to make it look like a compass. I'm pretty sure I had him more centered but I don't remember. My 2 yr old daughter had gotten into my room a view times and took out the statue to play with him.