vitreolum

Sorgan Village

What a sweet little build that captures the essence of the village on Sorgan on a tight footprint! That hut just looks cute the way you built it with that nice bulging shape and pillars in front of the door that will require the minifig to really squeeze through :tongue:. The flow is a bit lost in the roof with the different edges rather than the smoothly tapering cone. I've experienced myself how tricky it is to build nice tapering points in reddish brown though... I can only suggest the use of a brown carrot piece to end on a stronger point and to maybe just drop that ring of 1x2 bows: I think the curve of the roof will improve more than the gap would enlarge.

There are also some things I really like about your scenery. For one, that bulge around the pond looks really nice, especially with the contrasting colors you decided to use. I especially like that the level of the water on the inside is lower than that of the surrounding soil. It's a small thing, but it helps to bring some literal depth to the scene. Another depth-related detail I enjoy is that you used a headlight brick to fix the foot of the minifig rather than a regular SNOT brick. Even though it forces the figure to sit at a straight angle compared to the scene, it results in a better integration as her foot seems to ever so slightly sink into the soil.

Thanks for sharing this relaxing scene that's pretty to look at and held some nice surprises for me!

Looks great! The little hut looks pretty good and I like how you built the small pond! 

@BEAVeR I have to say I haven't tried to see if the gap is noticeable, as soon as I realized there will be a gap, I decided to cover it. I'll give it a test. Also, I wasn't aware there were brown carrots available, only orange and dk brown, that should definitely work on top. The rest could probably be improved with some cones, but I don't have them in brown. I may rebuild this at a later date if I manage to improve the roof; I want to upgrade the ground as well instead of just plain snot with some plants.