Sign in to follow this  
ks6349

Questions about Lego 60204 Sky Police Diamond Heist

I have been hesitating if I should get this because I really love this Police truck but 

I hate the red brown helicopter. I know that there are four bags inside for this set.

Does anyone know if the helicopter and the police truck are totally on separate bags

so that I can sell the helicopter away for a better price. I got a lot of Lego sets last year

and my wife hates me and cuts my budget so I need to be very budget-wise now.

by the way, how much did you get this set? I need some price reference to avoid buying

overpricedd.. Thanks

Edited by ks6349

As a general rule, multi build sets are in separate bags. So one vehicle is in the one bag with a minifig and the other is in a different bag.

I got that one at Walmart for $48. That was a great deal there. Usually, if would cost $60. Tbh, $50 is how much it should've been instead of $60.....and yes. They are in separate bags. 

I don't have very many Sky Police sets as I thought most of them were just pointless and weren't even worth buying (or being made for that matter). My wife got me the air base set for my birthday last year and I ended up stripping it for parts. I'm glad I didn't put the stickers on. 

Overall, the truck from the diamond heist is worth it. Its used as the riot squad unit in my town. If you live near a Walmart, you may wanna go a check out any deals they have on it. 

Edited by pooda

22 minutes ago, pooda said:

I got that one at Walmart for $48. That was a great deal there. Usually, if would cost $60. Tbh, $50 is how much it should've been instead of $60.....and yes. They are in separate bags. 

I don't have very many Sky Police sets as I thought most of them were just pointless and weren't even worth buying (or being made for that matter). My wife got me the air base set for my birthday last year and I ended up stripping it for parts. I'm glad I didn't put the stickers on. 

Overall, the truck from the diamond heist is worth it. Its used as the riot squad unit in my town. If you live near a Walmart, you may wanna go a check out any deals they have on it. 

Yes there are already too many Police sets available in the market which look alike but I think this truck in the set (diamond heist) is a very special one and hardly ever seen in other Police set but I hate the red helicopter

Bag 1 + 2 contain the helicopter parts and 3 of the minifigures : 2 criminals and 1 Policeman with wing-jetpack.

Instructions :

https://www.lego.com/biassets/bi/6268728.pdf

The armored truck is the main reason I got this set, it's just very good, even as a prisoner transport.

I still eventually got the Diamond Heist, Parachute Arrest jet set and Drone Chase helicopter set on discount.

Especially the jet and helicopter was perhaps closer to military designs then you'd expect from City so they stood out.

2019 was the first year I started collecting Police, but I didn't get the Air Base, the airplane being the largest budget of the set just don't appeal to me when the Jet was already available.

Now mainly waiting for discount on the 2020 Police station or Police Box. 

Edited by TeriXeri

1 hour ago, ks6349 said:

Yes there are already too many Police sets available in the market which look alike but I think this truck in the set (diamond heist) is a very special one and hardly ever seen in other Police set but I hate the red helicopter

I get they sell and all...but still. Btw, the 60204 is the Hospital. 60209 is the Diamond Heist set. 

Edited by pooda

28 minutes ago, TeriXeri said:

Bag 1 + 2 contain the helicopter parts and 3 of the minifigures : 2 criminals and 1 Policeman with wing-jetpack.

Instructions :

https://www.lego.com/biassets/bi/6268728.pdf

The armored truck is the main reason I got this set, it's just very good, even as a prisoner transport.

I still eventually got the Diamond Heist, Parachute Arrest jet set and Drone Chase helicopter set on discount.

Especially the jet and helicopter was perhaps closer to military designs then you'd expect from City so they stood out.

2019 was the first year I started collecting Police, but I didn't get the Air Base, the airplane being the largest budget of the set just don't appeal to me when the Jet was already available.

Police stations of the recent years do not appeal to me because they always have a cell section which looks so unrealistic...........

14 minutes ago, ks6349 said:

Police stations of the recent years do not appeal to me because they always have a cell section which looks so unrealistic...........

I only do classic police stations. The other police stations, I use for parts. 

32 minutes ago, pooda said:

I only do classic police stations. The other police stations, I use for parts. 

Which 2020 city have you got so far now?? I will go shopping for Lego tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by ks6349

11 hours ago, ks6349 said:

Which 2020 city have you got so far now?? I will go shopping for Lego tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have sets 60255 to 60258. All of those are awesome bro! I swear, your money will not be wasted. 

13 hours ago, TeriXeri said:

Get the police box. That's what I'm getting for my town. My town only needs a small unit as there isn't much crime. LOL 

Edited by pooda

6 hours ago, pooda said:

I have sets 60255 to 60258. All of those are awesome bro! I swear, your money will not be wasted. 

Get the police box. That's what I'm getting for my town. My town only needs a small unit as there isn't much crime. LOL 

I will not get 60255

I will get 60256 very soon

I will get 60257, but not too soon, I will wait for deals.

I will not get 60258

I will definitely get 60249 and 60252 very very soon

60252 is the most beautiful set of this year

Edited by ks6349

2 hours ago, pooda said:

What's wrong with 60255 and 60158?

personally not interested in 60255

and 60258 has too many stickers to take care of as I said before

8 hours ago, ks6349 said:

personally not interested in 60255

and 60258 has too many stickers to take care of as I said before

Oh. I think they are awesome sets. If the designers of the City sets can keep surprising us like this - I wouldn't care if they made two police stations a year. 

Wait a minute! They technically did that this year with the police station and the brick box. 

Overall as a mechanic, I have been screaming for them to make another subtheme dedicated to the auto industry as we haven't had a proper one since the 2009 Garage subtheme. 

I only had a few petty issues that were extremely easy to fix.

60255 was perfect. No issues there. 

For 60256, I replaced that big hood giant scoop on the red car with a smaller red hood scoop so it would look more tasteful. 

I switched one of the gas pumps on 60257 to the other side so that it would be easier to allow two cars in there at a time. I also put more washing equipment on the other side.

60258 had the street signs removed as I plan to place it in a shopping center and not near a busy street. "Treads Tuning" has been replaced with the "Service" sticker from my Lego Xtra sticker pack as Tread Octane is not the owner of that building in my town. 

That's my view point on it. 

Edited by pooda

Since this is basically a discussion of the latest City sets, I'm moving it to a more appropriate forum. :classic:

44 minutes ago, Fugazi said:

Since this is basically a discussion of the latest City sets, I'm moving it to a more appropriate forum. :classic:

How about the 2020 City forum?

19 minutes ago, pooda said:

How about the 2020 City forum?

You mean the 2020 City Discussion thread? Yes, though I didn't want to move this topic to a different forum and merge it in one go, the OP might have trouble finding it.

1 hour ago, Fugazi said:

You mean the 2020 City Discussion thread? Yes, though I didn't want to move this topic to a different forum and merge it in one go, the OP might have trouble finding it.

Good call.