Captain Dee

The Honor of Your [Sigfig's] Presence is Requested...

2 hours ago, Bregir said:

I can probably find a few more characters if you'd like, but I think this should do :wink:

From left to right:
Don Isaac Montoya, Sir Michael Farley, Rear-admiral Samuel Fletcher, Captain Sir Jonathan Cooke, Charles Baker.

*oh2* That should be sufficient. :grin: Cool pic, by the way.

15 minutes ago, Capt Wolf said:

If you want some named female figs for the gathering, I can offer a couple of my minor characters: Madame Marian Villeneuve of Oleon and Lady Pauline Norrington of Corrington. Villeneuve's dress is from the Legends of Chima Ewald character, and Norrington's dress is from the Kingdoms queen, but any blue and red dress respectively can do for them.

Ah yes. It's about time they showed up. I don't have Marian's dress (I gave it a hard look, a few years ago, but passed on it), but I have plenty in blue & white. Lady Norrington will be easy enough. Consider it done. :wink:

Any more named ladies out there????

Sir Micah of Wolfhaven and his wife Elizabeth would be honored to attend. As they are primarily in Elizabethville, they would be sure to come to King's Harbour for such an event. Also Hannah, the lady in black, would be a great addition to any social gathering, even though I haven't developed her backstory enough. 

All three can be found here. Elizabeth and Micah change clothes frequently, but the faces and hair/hat stay the same. These pictures are good examples. Hannah dresses in black, obviously. 

On 1/7/2020 at 1:06 PM, Captain Dee said:

@Capt Wolf Thank you - that makes it easy!

Snack time.

800x600.jpg

I must give a shout to @Grover for the table design. I wanted something round or rounded.

Glad you're getting some mileage out of it!  The build looks spectacular so far!

A letter of intent o attend from Monsieur Pascal Sebire and his wife, Madame Marie-Noël Sebire née Dumaresq.  Formal notice will be sent when sufficient transport for themselves, their eligible daughter, and servants has been chartered*.

*aka as soon as I put together a couple servants and take photos. 

58 minutes ago, The Sarge said:

A letter of intent o attend from Monsieur Pascal Sebire and his wife, Madame Marie-Noël Sebire née Dumaresq.  Formal notice will be sent when sufficient transport for themselves, their eligible daughter, and servants has been chartered*.

A family sounds perfect. It makes it all seem a little more real. Just don't make it too hard for me. :grin:

2 hours ago, Captain Dee said:

A family sounds perfect. It makes it all seem a little more real. Just don't make it too hard for me. :grin:

Haha I'll try not to.  I figured my sigfig is too low in the ranks to be released from his duties for a party like this... but not his esteemed parents, or their daughter.

WOW! All that food must not be left to rot! Of course Hugo D'Offren will attend!

latest pic here

29412602154_15747fcf43_w.jpg

Ah, just kidding, you can find him below still alive and kicking

23891353182_1504f1e675_w.jpg

Edited by blackdeathgr

1 hour ago, blackdeathgr said:

Of course Hugo D'Offren will attend!

Excellent. And what about Constable De Tourment and his family? I have most of their parts. :classic:

56 minutes ago, Professor Thaum said:

This man is mad !

I ain't even mad! :devil: :devil_laugh:

Edited by Captain Dee

In preparation for Sir Dee's ball Guy Wynd made a visit to the hair dresser's.

Hair%20Cut%20%281%29.jpg

Hair%20Cut%20%282%29.jpg

Hair%20Cut%20%283%29.jpg

I've been meaning to build something to change the hairdo for a while now, actually!  (However if you just have the original hair that's fine.)

Other characters that you're optionally welcome to include: Uncle, Elaine (aunt), any of the cousins, Estherhazy de Troir, Cora de Troir.

@Kai NRG Neat vignette. I'm sorry to always be asking this, but... do you happen to know the part number or source of that hairpiece? I don't think I have it, but I think it looks more period-correct than the original.

Edit: I will at least include Uncle, and perhaps Elaine.

Edited by Captain Dee

(DUPLO) Mirror, mirror on the wall, who is the fairest at the ball?

800x400.jpg

They aren't perfect mirrors but being a toy they're certainly adequate. I only recently realized they existed, and I love 'em!

3 hours ago, Captain Dee said:

They aren't perfect mirrors

I think they look awesome. Merits a Versailles Hall of Mirrors. 

4 hours ago, Ross Fisher said:

Merits a Versailles Hall of Mirrors. 

That's exactly what I had in mind. :classic:

6 hours ago, Capt Wolf said:

Great use of that Captain Hook hair/hat piece!

That combo hat/hair is a nice piece; pity it isn't available in more colors of each.

20 hours ago, Captain Dee said:

@Kai NRG Neat vignette. I'm sorry to always be asking this, but... do you happen to know the part number or source of that hairpiece? I don't think I have it, but I think it looks more period-correct than the original.

It's from the new Jay (Ninjago) minifigure.  Here's the BL catalog entry.

You have the honour of presenting; for the first time in his new rank; Jules François; Canon of the Brick Seas.

And Monsieur Gallo, his secretary.

Introducing Canon François

Pray you do not displeased him.

He'll be on his best behaviour, I promise. He (still) isn't looking to start any wars. Yet...

Edited by Ross Fisher

1 hour ago, Captain Dee said:

Ross, should Canon Francois have the pike at the ball? Or perhaps a smaller staff of some type?

He won't be dancing, if that's what you're asking. A smaller staff would be acceptable, but he doesn't need one at all to be dangerous. 

Oilskin Johnny will be there! He's not sure why he's there, or maybe how he ends up present, but he'll be there. I'll put together an RSVP. 

As for dress, make him as ludicrously dressed as possible, awkward and a little nervous.

Edited by TomSkippy