Captain Dee

The Honor of Your [Sigfig's] Presence is Requested...

On 1/30/2020 at 10:36 PM, Captain Dee said:

I won't be posting many more teaser pics here until the project is near completion.

Didn't you already say this a few times before? :tongue:

On 2/1/2020 at 2:17 PM, LM71Blackbird said:

Didn't you already say this a few times before? :tongue:

Nonsense! I only said it once! :grin:

finally ordered the Brickforge violin(s). And some other things. :grin: The good news is: they're having a sale! Every listing I saw was 20% off!

@Ayrlego thanks to you I now have a few animals ordered that I didn't previously know existed, but that I needed very much. Look what you made me do! :laugh:

5 hours ago, Captain Dee said:

finally ordered the Brickforge violin(s). And some other things. :grin: The good news is: they're having a sale! Every listing I saw was 20% off!

@Ayrlego thanks to you I now have a few animals ordered that I didn't previously know existed, but that I needed very much. Look what you made me do! :laugh:

Nice! I also ordered a few odds and ends from BrickForge recently as well!

Another site I found that some people may not know about and may want to try out is BrickWarriors.com. They have a lot of really awesome stuff and they are designed specifically for LEGO minifigures. They also have some nicely molded instruments that you may like @Captain Dee.

6 hours ago, Professor Thaum said:

I won't even imagine the rest of an orchestra worth of about 50 violins.

There will be about 32 violins and the rest will be used as violas. :wink:

2 hours ago, Ross Fisher said:

Now you need to get violin cases for all of them.

Well... the only way to get them is to take them from the Gangsta CMF, so... :grin:

The prices on Bricklink are just *huh*

But I'll see what I can do...

4 hours ago, Captain Dee said:

I'll see what I can do...

Honestly, I was joking. Everyone leaves their cases back in the dressing room.

It's music stands and music that you need. 

1 hour ago, Ross Fisher said:

Honestly, I was joking. Everyone leaves their cases back in the dressing room.

It's music stands and music that you need. 

I know. But I still think it would be cool to show at least a few of the musicians arriving with their cases.

Oh, and the absence of any official violin piece just proves that the Gangsta CMF is obviously toting a B.A.R. or a Thompson submachine in that case. He ain't foolin' nobody...

4 hours ago, Captain Dee said:

I still think it would be cool to show at least a few of the musicians arriving with their cases.

I think this piece (along with the sax, and a guitar or two) are usually available from the Build A Minifig stations in Lego brand stores. Check them out.

42 minutes ago, Ross Fisher said:

I think this piece (along with the sax, and a guitar or two) are usually available from the Build A Minifig stations in Lego brand stores. Check them out.

Unfortunately... I don't live anywhere near a brand store... :wacko:

I know I am very very late here, but there are some guys that would like to participate:

Alberto and George da Pontelli

Alberto da Pontelli, George da Pontelli and Colonel Brickinson (in the background)

And this guy is also fond of festivities:

Cookies Cabin 1 (6)

Captain Cookie. Apparently also a fan of lobsters.

(no surname known)

Sebire Family and Servants

Front and center is my main character's father, the honorable Chef d'escadron (rt) Pascal Sebire, awarded Le Médaillon des Deux Épées 1st class in the Juniper War while serving in the Regiment de Cheval du Roi.  He will be carrying his heavy cavalry sabre in case his wife or daughter's honor is threatened by any ner-do-well Corries. With him are his wife, Marie-Noëlle Sebire née Dumaresq, and their eligible daughter, the young Victorie Sebire.  Attending them will be a maid-servant and a coachman-attendant in the house uniform.

I hope it's not too late to ask but may I switch my character with another one?

The Duc d'Ablette has been substitued by Berart Mazan, Duc de Boussac, here's a painting of him:

15794042231_DISPLAY.jpg

His torso come from a Ninjago set, if it's hard to find, he could also wear the officer tunic from the last pirate wave. 

Sorry for the trouble.

@Captain Braunsfeld You aren't late. There's plenty of time! Brickinson and the Pontellis will certainly attend. Is George the monkey? And would you permit me to swap the graduate cap/mortarboard for a tricorn and/or wig? I'll see what I can do for Capt. Cookie. But all must understand that swinging from the chandeliers will not be tolerated. :grin:

@The Sarge Perfect! You said you'd do a family pic and you sure did. Umm...  could you ID the body parts of the 2 ladies in dresses? Ok, that doesn't sound right, but you know what I mean. I don't have those 2 dresses, so I'll have to do some shopping. Ok, that also doesn't sound right. I'm not good at this. Also, what is the torso piece worn by the maid and coachman?

@Bodi Sure! That torso is pretty cool, so I'll see about getting it. But I'm concerned he isn't wearing enough medals/medallions. :grin:

Edited by Captain Dee

13 hours ago, Captain Dee said:

@Captain Braunsfeld You aren't late. There's plenty of time! Brickinson and the Pontellis will certainly attend. Is George the monkey? And would you permit me to swap the graduate cap/mortarboard for a tricorn and/or wig? I'll see what I can do for Capt. Cookie. But all must understand that swinging from the chandeliers will not be tolerated. :grin:

Alberto is fine to wear a tricorn.

George is the monkey and he is looking forward to philosophical discussions.

Captain Cookie was looking forward to swinging from the chandeliers, but he is able to refrain from doing so, if required.