Captain Dee

The Honor of Your [Sigfig's] Presence is Requested...

13 hours ago, TomSkippy said:

Oilskin Johnny will be there! He's not sure why he's there, or maybe how he ends up present, but he'll be there. I'll put together an RSVP. 

As for dress, make him as ludicrously dressed as possible, awkward and a little nervous.

Okay... Hmm. Perhaps the CMF king attire? Same head as your avatar pic? Unfortunately I don't have that massive bicorne. I'll see what I can do.

Truth be told, I really like the outfit shown in your avatar. It would be just about perfect for the setting.

Edited by Captain Dee

The last weeks have been quite a busy blur. I hope to get something together soon though!

25 minutes ago, Captain Dee said:

"What should we serve for dessert?" Sir Dee wondered...

Man, my head spins at the thought of your bricklink orders! :pir_wacko: :pir-grin:

Just now, Capt Wolf said:

Man, my head spins at the thought of your bricklink orders! :pir_wacko: :pir-grin:

Until very recently, it had been almost 5 years since I last shopped on Bricklink. And I've bought very little from brick-and-mortar stores for several years. I've long wanted to do a project like this, and it takes more parts than I already had, so...

Sometimes I wish I had friends or family that I could buy and share parts with. It would be easier that way, so long as everyone didn't want to use the same things at the same time!

Captain Dee, my apologies for not replying sooner, I was waiting to be able to take some photos! Sir Dirk would be honoured to attend. If they can be accommodated, Sir Dirk will be accompanied by Miss Ella Hutchins.

38177194216_f5d281fd9b_o.jpg

38476921524_af4894566c_o.jpg

Sir Dirk would likely change out his normal fatigue uniform coat for his dress uniform and Miss Hutchins will wear a suitable dress for such an occasion and not her normal field attire! Here the couple can be seen dressed for a similar formal occasion.

49401487707_117516f7d9.jpg

Furthermore, the following leadership characters would also be honoured to attend:

26456043469_7c86680b06_o.png

28872051098_5aeb7fd877_w.jpg

Sir Lachlan Campbell, Under-secretary of Discovery, Parliament of Science. (I really need to do a character banner for him some time!)

Really looking forward to seeing this project! Thanks for inviting us all to share in the story.

@Ayrlego Absolutely! :classic:

I will try to accommodate them all. Sir Campbell will be... difficult! I'll see what I can do.

Love that dress combo. I haven't seen that torso matched to that skirt. But I will probably leave the standard arms in place.

On 1/13/2020 at 7:55 PM, Captain Dee said:

Excellent. And what about Constable De Tourment and his family? I have most of their parts. :classic:

Sorry for my late reply but do proceed please! Everybody likes mingling! Hehehe!

P.S: Those mirrors (however DUPLO) are awesome! Don't you just love the interconnection between system and Duplo?

2 hours ago, blackdeathgr said:

Sorry for my late reply but do proceed please! Everybody likes mingling! Hehehe!

P.S: Those mirrors (however DUPLO) are awesome! Don't you just love the interconnection between system and Duplo?

Splendid. One question: is the good Constable's wife the blond and his daughter the brunette, or do I have it backward?

As for DUPLO, I've never given it a serious look. I went searching without much hope for LEGO mirrors and found 2 items: the (real?) mirror from a modular or something, and the DUPLO piece, which is available with the pearl gold "clock frame" base. So naturally I bought a few of the latter. But yeah, the compatibility is nice!

On 1/18/2020 at 5:09 PM, Captain Dee said:

Splendid. One question: is the good Constable's wife the blond and his daughter the brunette, or do I have it backward?

Yeap, blonde wife, brunette daughter :thumbup:

:wub_drool:  Can't wait to see the scene these chandeliers are going into!

3 hours ago, Kai NRG said:

:wub_drool:  Can't wait to see the scene these chandeliers are going into!

The big one will go in the ballroom, and multiples of the small one will be in the dining hall (and perhaps elsewhere). I haven't decided about the mid-size one just yet...

20 hours ago, Captain Dee said:

the Big Chandelier

This whole event just has to be a full-scale assassination plot... I mean, everyone will eventually be stuffed with great food, unable to move, expecting nothing - and then *bang!* - the chandeliers come crushing down on everyone! *oh2* The officials will call it 'accident'... :laugh:

Captain Jean-Baptiste de Moncey and Lyle Wellington would be honored to be able to attend.

49414324571_c3e771e313.jpg

20 minutes ago, merc said:

Captain Jean-Baptiste de Moncey and Lyle Wellington would be honored to be able to attend.

Absolutely! Could you perhaps ID Lyle's torso?

@merc Perfect! I've seen it numerous times but never knew the source. LotR has provided lots of good minifig parts, torsos in particular. Thanks.

On 1/20/2020 at 11:18 AM, Kolonialbeamter said:

This whole event just has to be a full-scale assassination plot... I mean, everyone will eventually be stuffed with great food, unable to move, expecting nothing - and then *bang!* - the chandeliers come crushing down on everyone! *oh2* The officials will call it 'accident'... :laugh:

Nooooooo. If it appears that your invitation to the Great Ball originally read "Great Fall," then it's because, um, well, it's because there was a... a... a typo! Yeah, that's what it was. Next!!

Section of ballroom floor.

800x600.jpg

Please forgive the use of gold jumpers, rather than tiles -- I will need lots of attachment points for dancing minifigs.