Captain Dee

The Honor of Your [Sigfig's] Presence is Requested...

800x600.jpg

To the esteemed inhabitants of the Brick Seas,

The honor of your presence is requested at the forthcoming Great Ball of King's Harbour, Cocovia. Please RSVP your intention to attend the festivities at Dee Manor. Surf & Turf consisting of lobster and porterhouse will be served at the banquet.

Sincerely, Sir Jay Dee

I'm baaaack with photos!! :excited: Well, sorta... At least I finally figured out Bricksafe. :grin: I still have a few hundred pics to re-post...  :sceptic: :cry2:

On to the matter at hand! As you can see above, I am working on a Great Ball project similar to @Bregir 's from 2 years ago. However, this will be a long-term project with no particular timeline for completion. As such, it will be rather difficult to sync with all your characters' stories for a proper RPG experience; therefore, I would like to include as many characters as possible as cameos, provided you all don't object to the concept. If you would like for your character(s) to attend, then please post your intention here, with either accompanying photo(s) or link to photo(s) showing your preferred attire. This will be a formal event, so please dress accordingly! (I reserve the right to make tasteful modifications for practical purposes, but I will try to be faithful to your original designs.) And finally, if you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask here.

@Kai NRG Lobster... lobster everywhere!! :moar:

There are 15 more of these tables. Sir Dee is expecting a crowd.

Yes! A tradition worth upholding, and I am sure you will do so in style!
I have several characters who would be delighted to join and I shall try to get you a picture of them and a proper reply ASAP.

Great initiative!

@Ross Fisher Great! Hopefully there won't be any burning steaks. :grin:

@Bregir I keep looking at all the sigfig's from your Great Ball builds, but sadly I just can't quite keep up with everyone. I will have to do some shopping on BL though...

Meanwhile Sir Dee is *trip-fall* practicing his dancing. 

Lobsters?  I will be there.  Just give me time for a visit to the tailor.

:pir-grin:

Ahh great one!! A very good thing to see this returned. Would you like to have the character information if one would like to participate via pm or posted in this topic?

2 hours ago, Kai NRG said:

Lobsters?  I will be there.  Just give me time for a visit to the tailor.

:pir-grin:

You don't really need to dress your characters any differently than the way they appeared in Bregir's build -- that was "formal" enough for me, and maintains their distinct appearances. I just don't want people showing up like they just got off work at the docks!

Just now, Fraunces said:

Ahh great one!! A very good thing to see this returned. Would you like to have the character information if one would like to participate via pm or posted in this topic?

In this topic, so I'll have everything in one place. And I don't really need an in-character reply, unless you want to do it.

I could look up everyone's characters, but it just takes so long to do it that way...

Flickr Sigfig

These are my three characters, only Lothario would like to join, as the other two are not made to be in formal clothing in formal ceremonies.. They are more into stealing the stuffed turkeys and aged rum from the kitchen :wink:

2 minutes ago, Fraunces said:

These are my three characters, only Lothario would like to join, as the other two are not made to be in formal clothing in formal ceremonies.. They are more into stealing the stuffed turkeys and aged rum from the kitchen :wink:

Got it. Which color trousers does Lothario prefer?

Sir Dee has turkeys to spare (he received several extras in his latest order) but he plans to serve wine, not rum. :grin:

Just now, Captain Dee said:

Got it. Which color trousers does Lothario prefer?

dark

Just now, Captain Dee said:

Sir Dee has turkeys to spare (he received several extras in his latest order) but he plans to serve wine, not rum. :grin:

wine is fine as well , as long as they do not need to be sober in a room full of the brick seas' imperial elite :wink:

9 minutes ago, Fraunces said:

dark

wine is fine as well , as long as they do not need to be sober in a room full of the brick seas' imperial elite :wink:

I might be able to work them in. :pir-grin:

@Littleworlds even though you aren't active in BoBS, I could still include your period-correct sigfig. Most of the game-players and their characters are male, but a proper ball requires ladies, and I have, uh, a few hundred of the printed dress lady minifigs. :grin:

What an excellent idea it was to bring this back! Thank you, Dee, for holding this fantastic event again :moar:. My sigfig, Arthur Williams, would love to attend as he's still waiting for his ship repairs and is quite bored. My sigfig is actually my profile picture. I hope that's fancy enough!

If you can't include my sigfig due to his more expensive pieces or for other reasons, that's completely fine! I just look forward to seeing this again, as Bregir's was a great read. :laugh:

52 minutes ago, The Neighborhood Merchant said:

What an excellent idea it was to bring this back! Thank you, Dee, for holding this fantastic event again :moar:. My sigfig, Arthur Williams, would love to attend as he's still waiting for his ship repairs and is quite bored. My sigfig is actually my profile picture. I hope that's fancy enough!

If you can't include my sigfig due to his more expensive pieces or for other reasons, that's completely fine! I just look forward to seeing this again, as Bregir's was a great read. :laugh:

Hmm...  I'll have to get a green cape. Can you ID the torso? I don't have those 2 items, but I have all the rest.

8 hours ago, Captain Dee said:

I might be able to work them in. :pir-grin:

@Littleworlds even though you aren't active in BoBS, I could still include your period-correct sigfig. Most of the game-players and their characters are male, but a proper ball requires ladies, and I have, uh, a few hundred of the printed dress lady minifigs. :grin:

I will see what I can do! After all I hail from pirate island :laugh:

17 minutes ago, Littleworlds said:

I will see what I can do! After all I hail from pirate island :laugh:

Haha -- I hadn't thought about that! Maybe something similar to the Wild West Wyldstyle CMF? :grin:

Sir Dee took stock of the groceries, but he kept coming up a few lobster short. When he inquired among his staff, no one *burp* knew anything about it.

800x600.jpg

Next were the porterhouse steaks. These were all accounted for, but a few of them had already been spiced and placed in marinade...

800x600.jpg

Wow... Sir Dee does everything on such a magnificent scale.  Guy will be careful not to eat breakfast ahead of time. :pir-grin: