Hi all, a while ago I was inspired by Panagliamp to create an Elves themed Mech, and I finally got round to it!

picsart_01-05-09.57.00.jpg

It can operate autonomously...

20200105_213326.jpg

...or it can be piloted.

20200105_220211.jpg

The idea is that it was an old goblin mining mech that Farran found and fixed up.

picsart_01-05-09.43.43.jpg

Rear view. A bit messy now I look at it - might try and tidy it up...

20200105_212158.jpg

The main frame is sturdy and quite posable, but bits of plant/crystal tend to fall off. A lot.

20200105_220459.jpg

Targeting system deployed.

20200105_220629.jpg

View of the cockpit.

It will (probably) be part of my larger Elves WIP. Comments and suggestions welcome, and thanks again to Panagliamp for the inspiration.

(Sneak peek at my WIP...)

20200105_223834.jpg

Edited by BenA
Added pic, spelling.

I love it!  It's got so much going on, but somehow doesn't feel too busy.  Nice blending of all the various earth elements- I especially like the 2 different legs and crystals popping up throughout.  Also NPU with the flowers still attached to the sprue in that big bunch at the top.  :classic:

Thanks deraven, much appreciated :) I had fun attaching all the earth elements, but they do have a tendency to fall off! The technique with the flowers isn't mine, but it works really well. I was lucky enough to pick up a good handful of the connected flowers from a pick-a-brick wall a couple of years ago, but it looks like they only do the individual ones now so it may become a rarer technique over time.

Stunning! Elves is one of my favs and you've really captured the aesthetic and put it to use in a new and creative way! Great job!

19 hours ago, Nick Wolfe said:

Stunning! Elves is one of my favs and you've really captured the aesthetic and put it to use in a new and creative way! Great job!

Thanks! Elves was a great theme - so much untapped potential...

3 hours ago, Lordofdragonss said:

Very well colorsheme helps to make it more clean :D
Very cool!

Haha, thanks! Finding the balance was tricky. An earlier version had purple and lilac coloured plants as well, and more flowers. I was going for an overgrown look, but you could barely tell what it was supposed to be.

Very cool and great photography. 

Only thing I'd change is the black tank treads around the shoulders, they look a bit tacked on.

Oops, double posted by mistake, sorry! :look:

Edited by BenA

On 1/11/2020 at 1:06 AM, Merlict said:

Very cool and great photography.

Thanks! First time really trying to take decent photos. Still got a bit to learn but I'm pleased with the way they came out.

On 1/11/2020 at 1:06 AM, Merlict said:

Only thing I'd change is the black tank treads around the shoulders, they look a bit tacked on.

20200112_021120.jpg

"Come on, put them on..."

" No, I'm not wearing them! You can't make me..."

:grin:

Edited by BenA

Very neat!

The overall aesthetic is a bit too chaotic for my personal taste, but I love the thought you've put into all the details, especially the little touches of whimsy like the carrot fingers on the left hand!