48 minutes ago, TeriXeri said:

So people been using this site for rumored prices, it indeed has Leaf sets on there :

https://www.libreriarayuela.com/es/busqueda/listaLibros.php?tipoBus=full&palabrasBusqueda=lego+leaf&boton=Buscar

14 sets  (i sorted it by price)

• 71361 4,10 € (small bag like combo nexo powers? or CMF? not a polybag set number)
  • 71370 10,95 € 
  • 71371 10,95 € 
  • 71372 10,95 € 
  • 71373 10,95 € 
  • 71363 21,72 € 
  • 71364 21,72 € 
  • 71365 32,81 € 
  • 71366 32,81 € 
  • 71367 33,30 € 
  • 71362 54,32 € 
  • 71360 66,34 € 
  • 71368 77,31 € 
  • 71369 112,06 € 

Finally some proper information about Leaf. Now, those prices are quite interesting... 5$ for the smallest set?! It's been quite a while since we had a 5$ set that isn't a CMF.

Four sets priced at 10$... I assume those are probably the speedorz/spinjitzu-type gimmick of the theme.

Otherwise, weren't there supposed to be 18 sets in total?

Also you can click on the sets themselves to see the size of the package, weight and age .

The smallest ~€3.99 set is 15 x 0.65 x 9.5 cm , 20 gram, so definately a small bag the same size as a CMF or Combo-Nexo Power type set.

Age range looks like 6+ to 8+ overall.

Edited by TeriXeri

I really don’t understand how this theme is shrouded in such secrecy at this point lol, like I can only suppose it just wasn’t on display at Nuremberg whatsoever, which is bizarre in and of itself if it’s supposed to be a new big-bang action theme.

The worst part is that if the trend from last year persists, we can’t expect any news about Leaf from NYTF, so who knows how long it’ll be?

At first, when I heard of Leaf, i thought it was a new constraction or brick bionicle theme. After the leaked bigfig, I thought it was high fantasy. Now, I have no idea with those prices.

So there’s someone on instagram saying that the blue bigfig’s name is ‘Wujing’. Kind of disappointing that they’re doing more Asian stuff alongside Ninjago, instead of mining European or American fantasy. Assuming it’s true and not fake. 

Just now, Feng-huang0296 said:

So there’s someone on instagram saying that the blue bigfig’s name is ‘Wujing’. Kind of disappointing that they’re doing more Asian stuff alongside Ninjago, instead of mining European or American fantasy. Assuming it’s true and not fake. 

The guy also said that Leaf is Monkie kid or something

Also, leaked price list. Are we sure that the $60 71360 is part of Leaf? It seems out of order when a set that size should really be between 71367-8.

Also, four $10 sets? There’s gonna be a gimmick isn’t there damnit . . 

Interesting... pirate monkeys that build castles?:)

This trademark is apparently for this use:

Goods and Services
Games, toys and playthings; Video game apparatus; Gymnastic and sporting articles; Decorations for Christmas trees; construction toys; building toys; apparatus for games; electronic game devices

And of course the owner is:

Current Trademark Owners

Party Name

Personally I hated the monkey king in the last minifigs series. (Of course i received to many of it when ordering minifigs from lego). I can see lego reusing the head piece... 

I can’t hide that I would be disappointed if they all look like monkey king. I can’t do anything in my city with that. 

then again it is only speculation and rumours but this trademark seems to be something real....and it would be something new.

What if: since in pirate stories there is often an enslaved/badly treated monkey. This is the revenge of the monkeys on the Pirates...

1 hour ago, Megbricks said:

Interesting... pirate monkeys that build castles?:)

This trademark is apparently for this use:

Goods and Services
Games, toys and playthings; Video game apparatus; Gymnastic and sporting articles; Decorations for Christmas trees; construction toys; building toys; apparatus for games; electronic game devices

And of course the owner is:

Current Trademark Owners

Party Name

Personally I hated the monkey king in the last minifigs series. (Of course i received to many of it when ordering minifigs from lego). I can see lego reusing the head piece... 

I can’t hide that I would be disappointed if they all look like monkey king. I can’t do anything in my city with that. 

then again it is only speculation and rumours but this trademark seems to be something real....and it would be something new.

What if: since in pirate stories there is often an enslaved/badly treated monkey. This is the revenge of the monkeys on the Pirates...

Ok, hold on. Is this even real? That "Monkey Kid" logo alone looks like nothing related to LEGO. Also, would LEGO actually release another Asian-inspired theme alongside Ninjago? Wouldn't there be too much competition?

Edited by Lego David

3 minutes ago, Lego David said:

Ok, hold on. Is this even real? That "Monkey Kid" logo alone looks like nothing related to LEGO. Also, would LEGO actually release another Asian-inspired theme alongside Ninjago? Wouldn't there be too much competition?

It is real. I have confirmed the trademark on other countries registration websites; not least of which the EU's own.

2 hours ago, Feng-huang0296 said:
2 hours ago, Karus said:

Someone on 4chan recently found this trademark.

. . . So is this literally Journey To The East in LEGO?

If this is definitely Leaf, looks like @TeriXeri was spot on about those "Shaolin Monk" observations regarding the BigFig... :distressed:

8 minutes ago, Digger of Bricks said:

If this is definitely Leaf, looks like @TeriXeri was spot on about those "Shaolin Monk" observations regarding the BigFig... :distressed:

I don't know that this is definitely Leaf, but the trademark is 100% real and it's looking likely to be Leaf.

For those of us who were hoping for castle/pirate hybrid theme we better start setting our expectations very low.This theme will probably be a mixture of chima and ninjago which sounds (to me atleast) disappointing.

3 hours ago, Feng-huang0296 said:

. . . So is this literally Journey To The East in LEGO?

It's a Journey to the West, BTW :) Sanzang, Brother Monkey, Brother Pig, and Friar Sand go west from the court of China to retrieve scriptures from the Western Heaven, which is to say the real life Sanzang went west to India.

If this is true, then I’m disappointed. I’m sure it’ll still be great, but we already have an Asian based theme in Ninjago, and I’m not sure what to think of LEGO appealing to China so much. Then again, we still haven’t seen anything, so maybe I shouldn’t judge yet...
What this theme real needs to do is to have a distinct style from Ninjago. As for my hopes, for the theme not to be littered with vehicles. Hopefully the journey to the west inspiration will make it more fantasy that sci-fi.

It's kinda hard for me to believe that LEGO would release two Asian-inspired themes at the same time. After all, that would be pretty much like releasing an in-house Space theme alongside Star Wars... there would be too much competition (especially when you are competing against the titan that is Ninjago).

This makes me doubt that Leaf is an Asian-inspired theme. But then again, I could be wrong. 

24 minutes ago, NetherCreeper said:

I’m not sure what to think of LEGO appealing to China so much.

Call it what it is, pandering. Capitulation isn't that far behind, depending how succesful it is the least you can except to see are skeletons a lot less in sets. It makes perfect sense as a corporation to do it since China is such a huge market opportunity. I for one hope Lego and other companies keep struggling to conquer it. Say, how about a few coughs come between the two.

38 minutes ago, NetherCreeper said:

If this is true, then I’m disappointed. I’m sure it’ll still be great, but we already have an Asian based theme in Ninjago, and I’m not sure what to think of LEGO appealing to China so much. Then again, we still haven’t seen anything, so maybe I shouldn’t judge yet...
What this theme real needs to do is to have a distinct style from Ninjago. As for my hopes, for the theme not to be littered with vehicles. Hopefully the journey to the west inspiration will make it more fantasy that sci-fi.

I'm disappointed too if this turns out to be the case, but I could live with a historically factual Chinese Lego theme if it were that. China has some rich history that has never been seen in Lego.

Ninjago, with it's heavy reliance on vehicles, is basically LEGO's version of Power Rangers. This (if it is based on Journey To The West) seems more like it will be a wandering adventure tale, which should translate into lots of location sets. Those would easily sell side by side. Kids could conceivably use them together.