9 minutes ago, TeriXeri said:

Also the logo might be a take on the LEGO Space logo,

That was my first thought, too.

34 minutes ago, LOTR34 said:

Nah it's just an orange circle(probably the sun) and the cloud he rides.

True, it still might be a reference to dragonball. 

It might be fun if this theme takes inspiration from Big trouble in little China too. 

Edited by Harkonen

The guys over at stonewars.de have posted a new article about the theme and there are some quite interesting tidbits: https://www.stonewars.de/geruechte/lego-monkey-kid-asien-exklusiv/

• apparently, the theme was conceived for the Asian market, which is why it wasn't shown at any of the toy fairs
  • they'll still release it in the rest of the world, just as LEGO exclusives (at least based on their new rules introduced this year)
  • there's going to be at least one Brickheadz set
  • the official release is supposed to be May *huh*

Well, that last point would explain why the minifig parts are leaking already :shrug_oh_well:

5 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

they'll still release it in the rest of the world, just as LEGO exclusives (at least based on their new rules introduced this year)

Hmm...I can't foresee this being great for sales.

8 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

The guys over at stonewars.de have posted a new article about the theme and there are some quite interesting tidbits: https://www.stonewars.de/geruechte/lego-monkey-kid-asien-exklusiv/

• apparently, the theme was conceived for the Asian market, which is why it wasn't shown at any of the toy fairs
  • they'll still release it in the rest of the world, just as LEGO exclusives (at least based on their new rules introduced this year)
  • there's going to be at least one Brickheadz set
  • the official release is supposed to be May *huh*

Well, that last point would explain why the minifig parts are leaking already :shrug_oh_well:

Lego store exclusive? Oh, that's perfect! Then I won't get my hands on them. Worst idea ever, I thought Lego said they stopped with regional exclusives... 

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't this the same approach they used with Vikings? It was a regional exclusive to Denmark.

8 minutes ago, Harkonen said:

Lego store exclusive? Oh, that's perfect! Then I won't get my hands on them. Worst idea ever, I thought Lego said they stopped with regional exclusives... 

They did, which is why regional exclusives are now sold on s@h and in in LEGO stores as well :wink:

Just now, Lego-Freak said:

They did, which is why regional exclusives are now sold on s@h and in in LEGO stores as well :wink:

Yes, and the nearest official Lego store to me is on the other side of the country. Only if regular retailers might get them too... 

If these sets are lego store exclusives, I simply don’t see this theme selling well, oh and shouldn’t we already get set images if the sets release in May?

If the entire theme will end up exclusive , (read: Full Price) for a long time, certainly could drive me away from the theme.

But I'm not in a huge hurry of buying new LEGO right now.

Edited by TeriXeri

Just now, doclord said:

So it really is just Chinese Ninjago?

Technically, those set names are placeholders. The builds may have a different aesthetic. 

Edited by Legoanonymous

The mention of exclucivity puts a sour taste in my mouth.Sure aim it for the Asian market but release it non the less worldwide. 

I hope this theme comes out in May but with the virus raging Lego might delay the whole theme.

I reeeeeally hope this theme isn’t exclusive. If it is, then I just don’t see myself buying this. Especially because all the LEGO Stores are closed right now (though hopefully will be open again by May, admittedly).

They did say no more exclusives. {groans} Well, at least this’ll lighten the load on my wallet.

Hey, does anyone know whether shipments of LEGO to Australian stores come by boat or plane? I’m worried that the closure of the country will mean we don’t get the summer sets releasing in June for months . . 

I think now I will pass final judgement on the sets pictures. I hope the sets are good and then I will try to get them. Still the Ninjago summer wave with DnD and Creator Pirates ship are my priority. 

12 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

they'll still release it in the rest of the world, just as LEGO exclusives (at least based on their new rules introduced this year)

I don't think that's really the case. LEGO has said that they won't make any regional exclusive sets ever again, and the ones they did so far have been one or two sets at most... not an entire wave of sets. Giving a 8 sets wave a limited release would be a very foolish move by LEGO.

After the Corona Virus crisis is over, I think Monkey Kid will most likely have a normal worldwide release. 

12 hours ago, BrickJagger said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't this the same approach they used with Vikings? It was a regional exclusive to Denmark.

Wait vikings was a regional exclusive? I got my hands on one way back in the day in the Netherlands? Odd.

Anyway if monkey kid is supposed to be a may release we should be seeing official pictures any day now right? 

26 minutes ago, Huigberts Builds said:

Anyway if monkey kid is supposed to be a may release we should be seeing official pictures any day now right? 

Yeah, we should. I still hope it will have a normal release... 

Did yall notice how the pictures of the pig head and the MK figure vanished from instagram??While other leaks are still up.Lego really is trying to keep this theme a secret.

2 minutes ago, Harkonen said:

Or it's from Ninjago...not sure

I'm going to guess its an orc/troll from Ninjago. Fits much better with the skeletons and goblins we've seen from that than anything we've seen from Monkey Kid.

Just now, UberCorp said:

I'm going to guess its an orc/troll from Ninjago. Fits much better with the skeletons and goblins we've seen from that than anything we've seen from Monkey Kid.

Yeah, I think you are right. Then I guess we saw all the villain minifigs for ninjago... Hopefully we get more Monkey Kid leaks soon. 

On 3/25/2020 at 2:06 PM, LOTR34 said:

Did yall notice how the pictures of the pig head and the MK figure vanished from instagram??While other leaks are still up.Lego really is trying to keep this theme a secret.

It’s odd those have disappeared and not the rest.