Page to Trademarks

https://www.trademarkia.com/ctm/ctm-company-lego-juris-as-206059-page-1-2

I'll still stick with how I think this logo looks a lot like Dragon Ball

CJ4JX4FZVCC523YA2TMALSKFLETGXSO2ULPX4DRA

I just use those Z / Super logos, as the way it's written/colored is similar with the red/yellow.

goku-vegeta-trunks-frieza-gohan-dragon-b

super-dragon-ball-z-goku-gohan-majin-buu

Also those elements:

I'm not saying that it would be anything at all related to Dragon Ball itself, which is an adapted version of the Journey to the West already:

https://dragonball.fandom.com/wiki/Dragon_Ball_(manga)#Relation_to_Journey_to_the_West

But this all is pure speculation, from the name/logo/Monkey King story origins etc.

Edited by TeriXeri

Huh it does look like the DBZ logo *huh*

Well I do hope it's based on the Journey to the West lore.I just fear the overload of vehicles will mess this theme up.

54 minutes ago, TeriXeri said:

I'll still stick with how I think this logo looks a lot like Dragon Ball

I just use those Z / Super logos, as the way it's written/colored is similar with the red/yellow.

I'm not a lawyer but that looks like a lawsuit waiting to happen. 

16 hours ago, danth said:

No wonder the color scheme looks similar. I knew something is fishy going on with the title.

1 minute ago, Lego David said:

@Ninja_whip You said you have a friend that directly works at LEGO.... Do you happen to know anything about Monkie Kid/Leaf?

It's real and coming. The logo is real. He said nothing about it though. He can't tell me much which I understand. The logo will be used. Especially the monkey face.

I'm pretty sure it's based off the Monkey King folklore. A chinese story. Not 100% on that, but it seems oddly familiar.

20 hours ago, danth said:

No it doesn’t. Different layout, fonts and colour pallete. It’s “similar” but not even close to infringing IP. 

7 hours ago, Lucarex said:

No it doesn’t. Different layout, fonts and colour pallete.

It's literally the same layout and colors...I mean yeah the yellow is a slightly different shade but it's obviously a straight up rip-off of the DB logo. 

7 hours ago, Lucarex said:

It’s “similar” but not even close to infringing IP. 

Yeah maybe not infringing. I have no idea. 

On 2/3/2020 at 3:03 AM, J4ck said:

Definitely not, some people in the leak community have been threatened with lawsuits before because they posted confidential images (leaks).

Hmmm ok. I just thought it was sometimes a weird coincidence and could be a marketing stunt in disguise:)

4 hours ago, Megbricks said:

Hmmm ok. I just thought it was sometimes a weird coincidence and could be a marketing stunt in disguise:)

It was an interesting theory. However, I think I read somewhere that every 10 euros Lego gets, 1 Euro comes from AFOLs.

Nothing is confirmed. The only tangible piece of information we have is the Logo, which may not even be Leaf (although people who claim to be in-the-know say so).

Just now, Huaojozu said:

Nothing is confirmed. The only tangible piece of information we have is the Logo, which may not even be Leaf (although people who claim to be in-the-know say so).

OK, thanks. Such a shame, I was really excited by the initial rumours :(

1 minute ago, Mattah12 said:

OK, thanks. Such a shame, I was really excited by the initial rumours :(

Same here, same here. I would have loved Constraction, I would have welcomed Castles or Pirates with open arms. But a random likely one or two-year theme really doesn't interest me, if it follows the current Lego trends. I may still get it if the large sets turn out to be nice location set pieces, though.

The Constraction Rumour only came to life due to the set numbers being closest to the last Bionicle (and Dimensions) sets, that's it.

But as we have seen in the past, that doesn't have to mean much as 70400 Castle (2013), was followed by 70409 Pirates (2015) by 70418 Hidden Side Ghost Lab (2019)

Themes can also jump a lot of numbers , In 2018 Nexo Knights were the first sets to start in the 72000 range (after using 70310-70373 before), and 2020 Ninjago started with 71699 onwards after using 70500-70756 for many years)

It just happens that the 71350 - 71698 range has some room.

https://lego.fandom.com/wiki/Category:70000_sets?from=70910+Scarecrow+Special+Delivery

Edited by TeriXeri

4 minutes ago, TeriXeri said:

The Constraction Rumour only came to life due to the set numbers being closest to the last Bionicle (and Dimensions) sets, that's it.

There was also a 4Chan leak that claimed it was going to be a constraction theme (and more specifically, it claimed that it was going to be similar to the unreleased Cybots line from 1995) but at this point, we can be fairly certain that it was fake. Most likely someone just made it up, without having any actual information about the theme.

2 minutes ago, Lego David said:

There was also a 4Chan leak that claimed it was going to be a constraction theme (and more specifically, it claimed that it was going to be similar to the unreleased Cybots line from 1995) but at this point, we can be fairly certain that it was fake. Most likely someone just made it up, without having any actual information about the theme.

Could be, but I remember the constraction discussion on here really started after pointing out the set numbers being so close to 2016 Bionicle , and Dimensions having 100% ended.

Just saying my posts were never meant to give people false hope for constraction back then in July 2019, purely based on set numbers vs existing sets, also completely seperate from 4Chan.

Edited by TeriXeri

My personal preference would be system sets over constraction. As long as it's system and Chinese mythology-influenced I'll be happy.

This is why leaking stuff is negative press for Lego. Everyone gets excited when fake leaks get released and disappointed when the final sets arrive. Just look at that Jurassic Park set last year with the giant T-Rex. The “leak” was a visitor centre when the visitor centre was never even considered. 

Well, we still have the leaked big-fig, so I guess we know it’s system based at least... About that, the big fig shows no sign of technology, so maybe there’s still hope that it’s fantasy? besides, I can’t imagine how you can put vehicles into a story based on the journey to the west. That would be just ridiculous.

Some sets based off the "Journey to the West" from a Lego-clone company of the general type of sets we might expect to see (If it is Monkey Kid).  The main character looks amazingly like the Monkey King from Series 19. I had not realized that the Monkey King CMF was so closely based on this story.

http://en.qmjm.com/index.php?g=Home&m=Index&a=product_series_list&id=729&l=en

46 minutes ago, Rogue Angel said:

Some sets based off the "Journey to the West" from a Lego-clone company of the general type of sets we might expect to see (If it is Monkey Kid).  The main character looks amazingly like the Monkey King from Series 19. I had not realized that the Monkey King CMF was so closely based on this story.

So... That means LEGO is now copying from LEGO-Clone brands? Or did the Clone brand know about this theme already and made the copycat sets in advance?

Anyway, I am not going to lie, those Clone sets look amazing. If Monkey Kid will look something like that, then I am super excited!

Edited by Lego David

Being a well established classic story, it sounds like this would be like most of the Disney fairy tale movies, which you wouldn't call copying.

This is also a current production line for this company, and these easily could have been released in response to the Series 19 Monkey King CMF, depending on when they were first release.

It's not uncommon for clone brands to get product lines to market before Lego.  Last year Sluban's Mars exploration line was released before Lego's own version, though its ground base was more of a copy of the Playmobil version than of any Lego set.  I was sorely tempted by those but I didn't want to buy from Ali Express.

2 hours ago, Rogue Angel said:

One thing I do hope for is that, unlike these sets, the sets don't only focus on monkey king (or kid, I guess). I want the other characters to get some of the spotlight too, since they are not as well known, atleast from what I understand.