Recommended Posts

The box art has some neat 2D versions of the characters, I wonder if the possible animated series it might have will be 2D. Which I would welcome. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Holy hell, this is looking great. Yeah, it's all vehicles, but do you see those mechs? The ship base? This stuff looks great!

Wait, if you look at the monkey king mech... Monkie kid is not even the monkey king! There's a more traditional looking version of the character, flying cloud and all! Heck ,the whole set could even be him just using his powers, so I guess in the end we got at least one thing that's more in line with the mythology. Nice.

Edited by NetherCreeper
elaboration

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/20/2020 at 1:18 PM, Robert8 said:

Can we rename this thread as Chinese Ninjago already?

 

On 4/20/2020 at 3:57 PM, LOTR34 said:

Just to be safe let's wait for the official pictures first.

 

 

lmao

Can we now?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Chinese Ninjago or not I think the sets look great. Even if they are all vehicles they are amazing. Also, it's neat that we get some side builds too. But the prices on these? Oh my... 

Edited by Harkonen

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Holy crap some of these look amazing . . and I don’t think I can get any of them because they’re all next to useless for city building, even for a city as eclectic as mine, and I can’t think of anything to do with most of them.

I’m seeing four main heroes and I think I have their names from the box arts, Monkey Kid himself, ‘Mei’ (the white/green Sentai girl), ‘Sandy’ (big blue first-to-leak), and Pigsy. And obviously Monkey King in the big mech but I’m not sure he’s gonna really be a main hero. 

Still, these are really cool. I definitely want to pick up the White Horse Bike, because the figs are great and I want Mei. Besides that, not sure on the rest . . still, they’re cool and if I can find an excuse I’ll go for it.

Holy crap two more just showed up! Pigsy’s food truck and the Red Son truck thing both look just as cool.

Side note, one thing that makes me really happy? This theme isn’t just about the hero vehicles like Ninjago has been recently. The bad guys are getting just as much love.

Now if only we had structures . . 

Also, say, wasn’t there supposed to be a Bull Demon Bike?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Expectations weren’t that high but Im still underwhelmed (especially with the sea base). The two mechs are kind of neat, but IMO nothing really interesting outside of those two. :def_shrug:

Though I’ll bet kids will love this theme.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think the Bull demon king is not a mech but a cyborg of some kind and the lady on top of him controls him. Or so.. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh it seems the S19 Monkey King is in one of these. Or at least it looks very similar

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This theme is completely bonkers, but in a good way :laugh: And is it just me, or are these mechs on a completely different level than all of the mechs we‘ve gotten before? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, NetherCreeper said:

Yup! Thanks to @Ninja_whip, here's a link to the site it's on

https://www.hktvmall.com/hktv/zh/main/LEGO/s/H6966001/玩具圖書/玩具圖書/遊戲玩具/玩具分類/拼砌系列/樂高/LEGOMonkie-Kid-80006-白龍馬戰車-西遊記-孫悟空/p/H6966001_S_80006

I've checked, and this is the only one they have, it's weird, but hey, we've finally seen something!

Nevermind, there's more of them... I guess I missed it?

You’re welcome! Stay tuned for more! I should be doing ninjago soon. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Harkonen said:

So, I think these are all the sets, right? Or there is more? 

This is eight, and I think the leaked names had eight listings. Though I’m sure I remember a ‘Bull Demon Bike’ . . though I’m pretty sure there was only the Red Son Truck, not that other barrel launching six-wheeler, so maybe something got lost in translation. Either way, I think this eight is all for this wave.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Lego-Freak said:

This theme is completely bonkers, but in a good way :laugh: And is it just me, or are these mechs on a completely different level than all of the mechs we‘ve gotten before? 

I think they are the best. On level with Ninjago movie. 

 

Just now, Fenghuang0296 said:

This is eight, and I think the leaked names had eight listings. Though I’m sure I remember a ‘Bull Demon Bike’ . . though I’m pretty sure there was only the Red Son Truck, not that other barrel launching six-wheeler, so maybe something got lost in translation. Either way, I think this eight is all for this wave.

Oh, still good. Thanks. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Lego-Freak said:

This theme is completely bonkers, but in a good way :laugh: And is it just me, or are these mechs on a completely different level than all of the mechs we‘ve gotten before? 

I know right?! The Monkey King Mech is so gorgeous! And it’s actually the only set to come with a structure side build, and a pretty chunky one too . . The King Mech and the White Horse Bike, those are the two I want from this theme. I don’t care if I don’t have anywhere to put it, for a mech that gorgeous I’ll install a new shelf just to display it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Fenghuang0296 said:

This is eight, and I think the leaked names had eight listings. Though I’m sure I remember a ‘Bull Demon Bike’ . . though I’m pretty sure there was only the Red Son Truck, not that other barrel launching six-wheeler, so maybe something got lost in translation. Either way, I think this eight is all for this wave.

There is 14/15/16 sets missing. I’m not sure if these will be later in the year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks like they found a way to repurpose Metalbeard‘s beard mould on the Demon Bull mech :laugh: This is a gold mine for rare and interesting parts 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Ninja_whip said:

There is 14/15/16 sets missing. I’m not sure if these will be later in the year.

Seriously? Sixteen more sets or sixteen total sets? Because a twenty-four-set debut wave (or even combination of the first two waves) sounds incredibly unlikely, not even Mario’s getting that. Not even the Movies got that. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Fenghuang0296 said:

I know right?! The Monkey King Mech is so gorgeous! And it’s actually the only set to come with a structure side build, and a pretty chunky one too . . The King Mech and the White Horse Bike, those are the two I want from this theme. I don’t care if I don’t have anywhere to put it, for a mech that gorgeous I’ll install a new shelf just to display it. 

We get another side build with the son of fire vehicle. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

Oh it seems the S19 Monkey King is in one of these. Or at least it looks very similar

It’s the same wig and what looks like a very similar face and cape, but the torso’s different, you can see that it’s cool yellow like the Kid’s main shirt is.

Just now, Harkonen said:

We get another side build with the son of fire vehicle. 

Oh yeah, didn’t see that. Whoops. Eh that one’s pretty meh, don’t feel the need to get it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Fenghuang0296 said:

Seriously? Sixteen more sets or sixteen total sets? Because a twenty-four-set debut wave (or even combination of the first two waves) sounds incredibly unlikely, not even Mario’s getting that. Not even the Movies got that. 

I think he refers to the set numbers ending. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

We are still missing one leaked minifigure: the all white villain lady with new hairpiece

The one that was said to be a demon or something

Edited by Robert8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
Just now, Robert8 said:

We are still missing one leaked minifigure: the all white villain lady with new hairpiece

I think Ninja_whip said she comes in Ninjago. Thought I don't think she will fit in that knight aesthetic. Waiting for those set pictures now... 

Edited by Harkonen

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Harkonen said:

I think Ninja_whip said she comes in Ninjago. Thought I don't think she will fit in that knight aesthetic. Waiting for those set pictures now... 

I wonder how soon "soon" is...

Anyways, another thing I've noticed so far is that a lot of the larger sets have city buildings as side builds! I loved that from the lego ninjago movie sets, and it's so nice to see them keep it up in another theme. It just adds so much more life to these sets...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Fenghuang0296 said:

Seriously? Sixteen more sets or sixteen total sets? Because a twenty-four-set debut wave (or even combination of the first two waves) sounds incredibly unlikely, not even Mario’s getting that. Not even the Movies got that. 

14 is: $59.99 15 is: $69.99. 16: $139.99

Just now, Harkonen said:

I think Ninja_whip said she comes in Ninjago. Thought I don't think she will fit in that knight aesthetic. Waiting for those set pictures now... 

The golden hair girl is in the 71722 Dungeon set.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.