Just now, gedren_y said:

The two "Thunder Raider" sets probably use the same basic play function, just skinned as hero and villain. That delivery motorcycle set is likely a Juniors set. A theme that seems designed for the younger side of the 7-12 market.

I want to say that I don’t think LEGO would be that lazy, but we got the Spider-Crawler and the Venom Crawler . .

Still, a whole theme of trashy vehicles? I feel so disappointed . . sounds like I’ll buy these mostly for the minifigures.

I got excited for a moment when I heard ‘Sea Base’ but then I remembered that rumour about a Monkey Kid sailing ship . . so there’s probably not a single structure according to this list. Lame . .

So, now that we know the theme will have 9 sets in total.... Will Monkey Kid still be a Big Bang theme or will it be just a casual original theme like Hidden Side?

Edited by Lego David

Just now, Lego David said:

So, now that we know the theme will have 9 sets in total.... Will is still be a Big Bang theme or will it be just a casual original theme like Hidden Side?

It definitely seems a bit smaller, especially without the gimmick £10 sets it was initially rumoured with 

27 minutes ago, Lego David said:

So, now that we know the theme will have 9 sets in total.... Will Monkey Kid still be a Big Bang theme or will it be just a casual original theme like Hidden Side?

Hidden Side is a big bang theme though. Monkey Kid is too. 

2 hours ago, Harkonen said:

Hidden Side is a big bang theme though. Monkey Kid is too. 

Designers have said Hidden Side isn't a Big Bang theme, as it's meant to last as much as it needs to, rather than following an explicit promotional cycle, and price point thresholds, like most Big Bangs do.

A leaked hairpiece with headband showed up! Given the overall look and the pattern on the headband, I think it's from Monkey Kid...

A new hair piece leaked on instagram. I think it's from Monkey Kid. 

I hope we get more leaks in the coming days. 

Edited by Harkonen

2 hours ago, Aurore said:

A leaked hairpiece with headband showed up! Given the overall look and the pattern on the headband, I think it's from Monkey Kid...

Huh, looks very anime-esque to me... :shrug_oh_well:

28 minutes ago, Harkonen said:

I think the hairpiece is of Sun Wukong aka Monkey King. 

If so, I almost wonder if the theme's titular protagonist is less simian like Series 19's Monkey King and more human like DragonBall Z's Goku, as others have pointed out elsewhere that DragonBall Z is also inspired after Journey to the West.

11 minutes ago, Digger of Bricks said:

If so, I almost wonder if the theme's titular protagonist is less simian like Series 19's Monkey King and more human like DragonBall Z's Goku, as others have pointed out elsewhere that DragonBall Z is also inspired after Journey to the West.

I think that might be the case but I'm sure the face will be quite simian. I wonder if he will have children legs or adult legs. 

A pig mold head leaked most likely from Monkey Kid. Wonder if they will use it for Ideas Winnie the Pooh Piglet... 

21 minutes ago, Harkonen said:

A pig mold head leaked most likely from Monkey Kid. Wonder if they will use it for Ideas Winnie the Pooh Piglet... 

Where exactly is this leaked pig head? It doesn't appear on #legoleaks on Instagram.

1 hour ago, Digger of Bricks said:

The original Dragon Ball (not Dragon Ball Z) is inspired by Journey to the West. Son Goku is obviously Sun Wukong (Monkey Kid) and Krillin is modelled after the bald monk (Tang Sanzang or sometimes called Tripitaka). Goku's staff and cloud are also straight out of the monkey king story.

The characteristics of Zhū Bājiè/Pigsy are shared between Oolong (pig) and Roshi (his "character").

Some of the enemies are literal demons (like Pilaf and Picollo) and the quest for the Dragon Balls is equal to the quest for the scrolls in Journey to the West. Other characters are for example the Ox-Demon-King (Japanese: Gyūmaō): The inspiration for the Ox King

We already saw pictures of the Ox-demon and will get him as a figure

Edited by Metanoios91

12 minutes ago, Lego David said:

Where exactly is this leaked pig head? It doesn't appear on #legoleaks on Instagram.

It's on the place that SHALL not be named, the one that starts with 4.

48 minutes ago, Harkonen said:

Pig chef head leaked on instagram and it looks... Interesting 

Am I the only one who thought of Oolong from Dragon Ball when I learned of this?

20 minutes ago, Stardown said:

Am I the only one who thought of Oolong from Dragon Ball when I learned of this?

Well DB is based on the "Journey to the West" novel just like this new theme is.

Edited by LOTR34

I was thinking about something, last year Ninjago tried in the summer to have anime sequences in the episodes. I wonder if Lego is making Monkey Kid to have an anime in the same animation style like Ninjago had... 

1 hour ago, Harkonen said:

Pig chef head leaked on instagram and it looks... Interesting 

Huh, that's actually not a bad mold I must say, as it offers much in the way of repurposability and customization. I like that its eyes are comparably normal to a typical minifigure's, and that it can don headgear is a plus too.

Say, maybe we could see it reused for some future CMFs inspired after The Three Little Pigs, much like @Robert8's designs? :shrug_oh_well:

34786240620_c5d84db63b_b.jpg48370142926_1656ebc38e_o.png

25 minutes ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Say, maybe we could see it reused for some future CMFs inspired after The Three Little Pigs, much like @Robert8's designs? :shrug_oh_well:

Well, that pig head is surprisingly similar to those custom CMFs, isn't it? :laugh: