3 hours ago, LOTR34 said:

Just discovered the MK sets on a normal retailer.I guess the exclusivity was temporary state of things.

I feel like I might have recently read that the sets would be getting a wider release next year, but I forget where.

In any case, confirmation that that does seem to be the case is good. Hopefully that means that the western release of the TV series will follow.

Edited by Lyichir

A friend of mine says she saw spaces for them on a shelf in a Cincinnati target here in the US as well. Can’t verify that but combined with the above info it Looks like they’ll be launching at major retail very soon! 

On 11/18/2020 at 7:45 AM, LOTR34 said:

Huh Brickset lists 7 sets for 2021 including the Quadcopter.Fingers crossed for a building focused set.

Let’s hope. They have some great small buildings mixed in with giant vehicles. I was just looking at Red Son’s Inferno Truck & saying how awesome a set that store & Tuk Tuk would be on its own. 

On 11/18/2020 at 8:12 AM, DBlegonerd7 said:

It may be late to talk about Monkie Kid’s Delivery Kid since GWP was about two months ago. But I got it last week and I like Monkie Kid and his delivery bike. It’s only the smallest set I can get. Some MK sets are just crazy because of prices and I don’t see any small-sized sets other than White Horse DRagon Bike and Cloud Jet. :/

I may buy Pigsy’s Food Truck but right now I am on the fence. 

I’m expecting delivery today of the Delivery Bike. I’ve never been so excited for a polybag. 

When can we expect pictures for the 2021 Monkie Kid sets? It's weird that we already got pictures for one of the sets, but not all the other ones.

1 minute ago, Lego David said:

When can we expect pictures for the 2021 Monkie Kid sets? It's weird that we already got pictures for one of the sets, but not all the other ones.

They're a March release, and relatively few of those have been "formally" revealed (i.e. with a press release or a listing on Lego.com), coming mostly from early catalog uploads instead. The one that has been revealed was announced alongside the Chinese New Year sets releasing in January, at a Chinese expo not unlike the Toy Fairs or Comic Cons of previous years where getting a single "flagship" reveal before the rest of a wave of sets is known isn't entirely uncommon.

It wouldn't surprise me to see the others revealed early next year. I'd guess February 12th at the very latest (since as the date of the lunar new year it'd be a good time to reveal something new) but very possibly much earlier.

It seems like we’re getting one of those accessory packs next year. So there’s going to be at least one cheap end set. 

1 hour ago, Vindicare said:

It seems like we’re getting one of those accessory packs next year. So there’s going to be at least one cheap end set. 

That's kind of interesting! I wonder what sort of figures it'll have. Worst case scenario it's mostly common figs (like MK, Mei, and a couple of Bull Clones), but recently Lego has tended to offer at least one unique fig in those sorts of packs, so who knows. It might potentially include a new variant of one of the existing heroes or villains, or a new hero or villain (for instance, Nezha is teased on a video screen in the Quadcopter and so could appear here, as could a villain from the show who hasn't appeared in the sets yet like the White Bone Spirit or Six-Eared Macaque). Heck, even if it doesn't have a unique figure, it might at least still have a rarer one that's otherwise only known to be available in larger sets, like Monkey King, Tang, or Mei in her street clothes.

When people talk about U.S retail releases, do they mean outside of the Lego stores?  I know the Lego store here (Minnesota) has carried them since release/re-opening from pandemic shutdown.

23 hours ago, Lyichir said:

That's kind of interesting! I wonder what sort of figures it'll have. Worst case scenario it's mostly common figs (like MK, Mei, and a couple of Bull Clones), but recently Lego has tended to offer at least one unique fig in those sorts of packs, so who knows. It might potentially include a new variant of one of the existing heroes or villains, or a new hero or villain (for instance, Nezha is teased on a video screen in the Quadcopter and so could appear here, as could a villain from the show who hasn't appeared in the sets yet like the White Bone Spirit or Six-Eared Macaque). Heck, even if it doesn't have a unique figure, it might at least still have a rarer one that's otherwise only known to be available in larger sets, like Monkey King, Tang, or Mei in her street clothes.

Honestly, it could go so many ways. I own the Batman Movie, City Fair, Spider-Man, & Harry Potter. It’s a mix of exclusives(Batman having all exclusive) to normal figs, but new characters(Hannah Abbott in HP). Then the Marvel one has The Falcon with an exclusive print. I just hope the small build is a food stall of some sort or something to add to the buildings we currently have(and can add to Ninjago City). 

6 hours ago, Rockstaremcee said:

When people talk about U.S retail releases, do they mean outside of the Lego stores?  I know the Lego store here (Minnesota) has carried them since release/re-opening from pandemic shutdown.

Outside lego stores. specifically at least target. It’s big news for the line since a major reason it hasn’t taken off is because with the show not airing here and the sets being lego store only, general people just don’t know it exists. This will likely come with a wider release of the show as well, which will further boost the lines presence. 

On 12/20/2020 at 11:52 AM, Vindicare said:

Oh, maybe it’ll be the special apoc outfits from the season one finale, or maybe on of the variant mk clones, like the manic one with paint splatters or dj mk. I’d also love a print for mei’s helmet with an expression on it like it does in the show, or any kind of variant on pigsy’s face. 

I think for me ideally it’d be party mk with his dj booth, a version of mei, and either tang or wukong, and maybe delivery outfit mk, to represent the clone power training. With mk making the clone then having to save mei when it goes party crazy. 

1 hour ago, Lucarex said:

A wider release outside of Asia with marketing support? Meh, too little too late.

I agree that it's already a little too late, but honestly it is better late than never. Any sort of wider released would be more than welcomed.