4 hours ago, Megbricks said:

I mean I buy lots of lego and I didn’t get any of the sets yet. I find them interesting (the look) but again it’s vehicles and I am more into buildings. But I did buy all the minifigs from B&P

It’s a shame the only buildings are small & in expensive sets. I love both of them but especially the one with the Warrior Mech. I’m still hoping to get it & add it to my Ninjago City sets. 

8 hours ago, Vindicare said:

It’s a shame the only buildings are small & in expensive sets. I love both of them but especially the one with the Warrior Mech. I’m still hoping to get it & add it to my Ninjago City sets. 

Let’s hope they make smaller sets to complete the city setting. But I am pretty sure that if we get small sets they will centered around véhicules. :/

To be honest, I don't know how well a smaller set with buildings would work... while both smaller sets and more buildings are things the theme could benefit from, I think there's only so much smaller the buildings themselves could get without feeling insubstantial—and maximizing playability at a smaller price point is one of the things that vehicles are generally really good for. That's not to say a set like Ninjago City Chase from the Lego Ninjago Movie couldn't work (with a vehicle and a small structure like a newsstand or market stall at a low price point), but all in all I don't think that would go very far in terms of adding square footage to scenes that complement the other larger sets.

What I'd really like is a larger set focused primarily on buildings, perhaps with a small vehicle or two for play... sort of akin to the various "city square" type sets we get one of every year or so in the City theme. That would allow city builders to get a set more catered to their interests as well as help to add more variety to the street scenes included in larger sets.

3 hours ago, Lyichir said:

What I'd really like is a larger set focused primarily on buildings, perhaps with a small vehicle or two for play... sort of akin to the various "city square" type sets we get one of every year or so in the City theme. That would allow city builders to get a set more catered to their interests as well as help to add more variety to the street scenes included in larger sets.

I agree that the larger structure playsets are generally better for buildings, but sometimes it seems the building size still gets sacrificed if a larger creature/vehicle is included, like 70678: Castle of the Forsaken Emperor, 

But there are also good examples where the building is the main focus, while still including multiple small vehicles, examples would be: Chima's Lion Temple or Nexo Knights Volcano Lair , Knighton Castle.

Edited by TeriXeri

20 hours ago, TeriXeri said:

I agree that the larger structure playsets are generally better for buildings, but sometimes it seems the building size still gets sacrificed if a larger creature/vehicle is included, like 70678: Castle of the Forsaken Emperor, 

But there are also good examples where the building is the main focus, while still including multiple small vehicles, examples would be: Chima's Lion Temple or Nexo Knights Volcano Lair , Knighton Castle.

A little off-topic, but I don't know if I'd agree with your example... Castle of the Forsaken Emperor felt plenty big to me, and I'm not honestly sure how much bigger it could be while preserving the core functionality of the castle dramatically splitting in two (I guess a second standalone tower could have been included, but otherwise it seems like it'd have to be a fundamentally different type of set to be expanded).

As far as Monkie Kid goes, for the city itself, I also don't think the buildings would have to be that large in the first place. One of the benefits of the modular system the sets so far use is that, unlike a massive set like Ninjago City that demands a similar scale for any expansions, Monkie Kid buildings are generally smaller and thus a large set including them could easily include three or four separate building modules (some with multiple stories) as opposed to having to focus on one larger structure. That's not to say I would be opposed to a larger structure-based set, especially outside the more modular city setting... I'd love to get a set based on Mei's castle-like estate or Monkey King's hut and waterfall cave on Flower Fruit Mountain.

As far as vehicles are concerned, despite the large scale of some vehicles in the theme, there have been examples of smaller vehicles as well, such as the small bull mech in the Monkey King Warrior Mech set, the delivery tuktuk in Red Son's Inferno Truck, and the various hoverboards MK uses in some of the sets with larger vehicles. For a building-focused set it'd be easy enough to include several vehicles of a comparative scale to those for conflict and dynamic role-play without having to focus on them to the detriment of the buildings themselves.

On 10/31/2020 at 4:07 PM, Vindicare said:

Yeah I notice there are quite a few people who feel like I did, I can't splurge the cash on those sets and have no interest in the vehicles but if they had the buildings from those sets with some small mech or other small thing only so it was cheaper I'd buy them in a heartbeat because the buildings are lovely.

9 hours ago, TwiceDeadTB said:

Yeah I notice there are quite a few people who feel like I did, I can't splurge the cash on those sets and have no interest in the vehicles but if they had the buildings from those sets with some small mech or other small thing only so it was cheaper I'd buy them in a heartbeat because the buildings are lovely.

I’m still hoping to get the Warrior Mech. Fortunately I love the whole set so buying it isn’t a problem in that regard. But the price, with everything else coming to year, makes it difficult. I wish we’d see a building like that in a smaller set. It will work pretty great with Ninjago City. 

There is always the option of downloading the instructions. There aren't that many uncommon parts in the buildings themselves. The sticker sheet for Monkey King Warrior Mech has already been listed by a number of sellers on Bricklink. The one for Red Son's Inferno Truck isn't yet, but give it time.

New Monkie Kid set pics are out!

And guess what guys?

It's another vehicle!!!!

At least Spider Queen is back. Hope she'll have a new print

Huh. Okay for a vehicle this actually looks pretty cool. Mixed feelings about the weird . . those are supposed to be shipping containers that unfold into bedrooms for Kid and Mei, right? I assume the idea is that the huge drone lets them attach to the bottom and then drops them like a mobile base . . or something? Not sure why the villain base build needed a design like that but it’s cool enough. Plus it has quite a lot of minifigures, including two new ones. If by some miracle the price is actually reasonable I might get this one . . so, probably not. Oh well. 

So I finally got my first MK set, the Food Truck, and it’s gorgeous. Over-the-top and zany but in a really fun way. I’d love to get more from the current wave, but I doubt I’ll be able to with the prices and also with the knowledge that the new Quadcopter set next year includes basically every major recurring character introduced so far (except Pigsy who I already got, the Horn Demons who seem incredibly unimportant, and Princess Iron Fan and DBK who I really don’t need) I’m having a hard time justifying getting any of the current ones. Except maybe the Dragon Horse Bike, but only because Mei’s my favourite character currently and I want both of her suit variants. 

The theme has potential, but for me, not interested at 100% RRP, when sets like the Monkey King mech, Foundry are €140, and the Boat HQ is €170.

To compare it to other €140 sets, like Knighton Castle, I liked that a lot more, and that had discounts as well, but I'm also still biased towards liking buildings more currently, after collecting Nexo Knights vehicles/mechs for 3 years.

I think I'll stick to collecting Chinese New Years and possibly some Ninjago in 2021.

Edited by TeriXeri

one of my main focused themes is monkie kid and one of the reasons i love the sets are the playability as i love sets with features , yes i understand that a lot of people will hate the hefty prices but considering im not into star wars or harry potter its easier for me to get them

i admit i like the newly revealed set out in march the vehicle looks fine but im loving the 3 side builds 

too bad the quadcopter only seems to seat 2 it would have been cooler if it seated 4

23 hours ago, thekeeperofthereaper said:

too bad the quadcopter only seems to seat 2 it would have been cooler if it seated 4

If you put the minifigs in the cargo containers, then attach them to the sides of the Quadcopter, you could seat more minifigs that way.

20 minutes ago, Dr.Cogg said:

If you put the minifigs in the cargo containers, then attach them to the sides of the Quadcopter, you could seat more minifigs that way.

Perhaps, though one of the drawbacks of the containers in the quadcopter is that compared to the larger, dollhouse-style ones in the Ocean HQ (which retain a logical interior layout whether closed or opened), these new ones have interiors that only really function practically as living spaces in an open position. When closed, the bunk beds in the container with Tang's study would be upside-down, while the other container's contents would be quite cramped due to the fold-out video screen ending up wedged between the arcade machine and container wall. For storage alone, you could probably fit Mei and Tang into their respective seats in those containers just fine and have them already in place when the containers were opened up again, but it'd probably not be a comfy ride to say the least.

46 minutes ago, Lyichir said:

Perhaps, though one of the drawbacks of the containers in the quadcopter is that compared to the larger, dollhouse-style ones in the Ocean HQ (which retain a logical interior layout whether closed or opened), these new ones have interiors that only really function practically as living spaces in an open position. When closed, the bunk beds in the container with Tang's study would be upside-down, while the other container's contents would be quite cramped due to the fold-out video screen ending up wedged between the arcade machine and container wall. For storage alone, you could probably fit Mei and Tang into their respective seats in those containers just fine and have them already in place when the containers were opened up again, but it'd probably not be a comfy ride to say the least.

So how long until someone straps a TARDIS to one of these quadcopters?

Really, I don’t think it’s that big a deal. I’m looking at those bunk beds and they look like they’d be pretty easy to turn upside-down. But it’s not like you can see inside the containers when they’re closed up anyway. I usually imagine LEGO models as not being exactly how they are but rather representations of larger structures. Cutaways and the like. Just imagine the crates being bigger on the inside. 

Also, if it’s seating capacity you’re after, keep in mind that turret is designed to fit Sandy. If you remove him you could probably fit at least three minifigures in the space he takes up. 

17 hours ago, Fenghuang0296 said:

So how long until someone straps a TARDIS to one of these quadcopters?

Really, I don’t think it’s that big a deal. I’m looking at those bunk beds and they look like they’d be pretty easy to turn upside-down. But it’s not like you can see inside the containers when they’re closed up anyway. I usually imagine LEGO models as not being exactly how they are but rather representations of larger structures. Cutaways and the like. Just imagine the crates being bigger on the inside. 

Also, if it’s seating capacity you’re after, keep in mind that turret is designed to fit Sandy. If you remove him you could probably fit at least three minifigures in the space he takes up. 

Oh, absolutely. I didn't mean for it to sound like an irredeemable flaw or anything. For a lot of people (including myself), it probably doesn't matter that much that the containers are packed tight when they're closed up and you can't see the contents anyway. I guess I was more trying to get at the difference between merely "storing" the minifigures and "seating" them as co-pilots or passengers. People who are hoping for the latter might not be 100% satisfied with the former.

i actually hope for wave 3 there will be a overall better hideout for the villains as for some reason the flaming foundry feels very meh to me compared to the awesome ocean hq

im expecting mei to get another vehicle or mech too

It may be late to talk about Monkie Kid’s Delivery Kid since GWP was about two months ago. But I got it last week and I like Monkie Kid and his delivery bike. It’s only the smallest set I can get. Some MK sets are just crazy because of prices and I don’t see any small-sized sets other than White Horse DRagon Bike and Cloud Jet. :/

I may buy Pigsy’s Food Truck but right now I am on the fence. 

Both my kids and I genuinely forgot this theme even existed, never mind launched earlier this year and now on a second wave.

Then again, that’s what happens when it’s blatantly designed for, and effectively exclusively marketed at a particular region.

2 hours ago, LOTR34 said:

Just discovered the MK sets on a normal retailer.I guess the exclusivity was temporary state of things.

Really? What retailer? What part of the world are you from?