Just built Sandy's Speedboat and Monkie Kid's Delivery Bike today.

I'm actually impressed with the size of the speedboat and the Spider Queen minifigure is awesome! Can't wait to see her in the show if it ever gets a UK release

Hm... not a lot of activity here lately...

The past couple weeks new episodes of Monkie Kid have been airing in China and Malaysia. So far episodes 1–10 have aired in Chinese and episodes 1–6 have aired in English. It seems like episode 10 might be the "season finale", so there are some potential spoilers for what might come next, for both sets and story...

Spoiler

Episode 9 revolves around MK getting tricked by the Six-Eared Macaque, who is sort of like an evil version of Monkey King with similar powers and abilities. His design is pretty cool and I wouldn't be surprised to see him in a future set. In the episode he also transforms one of his clones into a huge, mummy-like demon as part of his plan to trick MK into training with him, which could maybe show up in a set? No telling.

Episode 10 revolves around the White Bone Spirit (freed from a cage-like crypt in episode 8) possessing the Demon Bull King. At the end of the episode once DBK is defeated, the spirit escapes and possesses a young girl, which could hint at what form they might take in next year's sets. Also MK's friends briefly get post-apoc style costume changes, though it's more of a sight gag and I don't really think those are that likely to show up in sets.

Some of the earlier episodes also feature other characters and settings that could potentially make good sets, like episode 3 which features Mei's parents and their fancy estate (which includes all sorts of potentially toyetic features like a game room, hall of artifacts, bedroom, and garage).

Still have to get 3 sets from the first waves and then I got the ones I want from that wave not going to get the foundry or the boat for the moment but nearly all the other sets.

When do you think can we expect leaks for the next wave ? I would guess that for Chinese new year there might be some new sets coming out ?

14 hours ago, Lyichir said:

The past couple weeks new episodes of Monkie Kid have been airing in China and Malaysia. So far episodes 1–10 have aired in Chinese and episodes 1–6 have aired in English. It seems like episode 10 might be the "season finale", so there are some potential spoilers for what might come next, for both sets and story

Where can I watch those episodes? I couldn't find them anywhere on YouTube.

16 hours ago, Lego David said:

Where can I watch those episodes? I couldn't find them anywhere on YouTube.

Somebody on Twitter linked a Google Drive folder that's been uploading the episodes in both English and Chinese. Here's the link: https://t.co/WIUC6sOt16?amp=1

Quality varies since it's being recorded from a stream with commercials, so I'm still eager to get a "legit" release in the U.S., but for now it's the best way I've found to watch them.

On 9/28/2020 at 12:04 AM, Lyichir said:

Somebody on Twitter linked a Google Drive folder that's been uploading the episodes in both English and Chinese. Here's the link: https://t.co/WIUC6sOt16?amp=1

Quality varies since it's being recorded from a stream with commercials, so I'm still eager to get a "legit" release in the U.S., but for now it's the best way I've found to watch them.

Thanks for the link.

Pretty much binge watched it except for maybe the last two episodes.

The series is really fun to watch.

Bit over the top sometimes but I still love it.

Oh and there are so many opportunities for Lego sets.

Built our first MK set at the weekend. Ok it was just the Monkey King Brickheadz but still!

Is there really still not a legit official native English release of the webisodes yet? Not on Lego YT channel even.

8 hours ago, Lucarex said:

Built our first MK set at the weekend. Ok it was just the Monkey King Brickheadz but still!

Is there really still not a legit official native English release of the webisodes yet? Not on Lego YT channel even.

Still no. I'm hoping that now that all the episodes of the first season have presumably aired in China it will debut worldwide soon, but there's still been no announcement of when or how...

Leaks for the 2021 Ninjago sets have already started to come out, but there is no word on the 2021 Monkie Kid sets. When can we expect leaks for those?

14 minutes ago, Lego David said:

Leaks for the 2021 Ninjago sets have already started to come out, but there is no word on the 2021 Monkie Kid sets. When can we expect leaks for those? 

Most likely, they may not be.

20 minutes ago, Lego David said:

Well, those leaks came from the catalogs that stores use to order stock. Since these are LEGO.com exclusives, they have no reason to be in the catalog, unless we happened to get leaks from a Chinese catalog in the near future (very unlikely). I think we’ll have to wait to see what’s next for Monkie Kid

21 hours ago, Lego David said:

We can't expect them to come out extremely quickly. They're usually leaked only a few days before they get released.

Edited by JintaiZ

On 9/27/2020 at 11:04 PM, Lyichir said:

The sets have so much potential, but, 8 episodes in to watching the show,... It just feels far too silly and zany to even be popular with children.

Also, it bugs me that Red Son isn't part bull

21 minutes ago, Killian said:

The sets have so much potential, but, 8 episodes in to watching the show,... It just feels far too silly and zany to even be popular with children.

Also, it bugs me that Red Son isn't part bull

Huh? Silly and zany is one of the key ways to BECOME popular with children. Cartoons like Spongebob haven't lasted umpteen many years on account of their lore. It's comparatively much harder for more "serious" action cartoons to attract and retain an audience, unfortunately (which is part of why Teen Titans Go has been vastly more successful than its more dramatic precursor, and why shows like The Legend of Korra often struggle to achieve sustained ratings success despite critical acclaim).

Granted, that's been what I've generally seen as an American animation fan. Obviously the greater prominence of action cartoons in Japan proves that that isn't universal, and I have very little idea what kinds of cartoons do or don't play best to a Chinese audience.

On 10/13/2020 at 12:41 AM, Lyichir said:

Huh? Silly and zany is one of the key ways to BECOME popular with children. Cartoons like Spongebob haven't lasted umpteen many years on account of their lore. It's comparatively much harder for more "serious" action cartoons to attract and retain an audience, unfortunately (which is part of why Teen Titans Go has been vastly more successful than its more dramatic precursor, and why shows like The Legend of Korra often struggle to achieve sustained ratings success despite critical acclaim).

Granted, that's been what I've generally seen as an American animation fan. Obviously the greater prominence of action cartoons in Japan proves that that isn't universal, and I have very little idea what kinds of cartoons do or don't play best to a Chinese audienc

It's true.

I´m pretty sure we will get a new wave of MK sets. Maybe one or two sets that incorporate the new "source of power and madness" for DBK and we also got a glimpse of the new villain in the end of episode 10.

Keep your noodle dishes ready, because i bet it´s going to be fun.

13 hours ago, badchriss said:

I´m pretty sure we will get a new wave of MK sets. Maybe one or two sets that incorporate the new "source of power and madness" for DBK and we also got a glimpse of the new villain in the end of episode 10.

I hope.

On 10/14/2020 at 4:09 PM, badchriss said:

As someone who recently decided to buy enough sets to qualify for that Monkie Kid GWP set, I think I'm starting to get won over by this theme. The one thing I'd love here (and I'm sure this will surprise no one), are smaller sets at lower price points. That's probably been one of those larger stumbling blocks for me picking up more sets from this theme (he said, while hypocritically buying the big Research Ship).

19 minutes ago, Vindicare said:

Oh dang! Monkie Kid got TWO pages in the newest catalog. It’s coming up!:laugh:

You saw the pages? Any smaller sets this time?

16 minutes ago, Megbricks said:

You saw the pages? Any smaller sets this time?

Different catalog. :grin: I’m just a lowly commoner as well, no retailer catalog...just the regular one. But it shows the Speedboat & Cloud Roadster on one page & the Foundry on the other(whereas last catalogs just had the Foundry). 

I do hope there will be smaller sets as well though. I think we all do...

Edited by Vindicare

1 hour ago, Vindicare said:

I do hope there will be smaller sets as well though. I think we all do...

I don’t get why they made only the huge sets.. well it’s getting better now but we need 20-30$ sets. 

1 hour ago, Megbricks said:

I don’t get why they made only the huge sets.. well it’s getting better now but we need 20-30$ sets. 

Totally. Given the limited availability too, you’d think they’d make it more appetizing by offering a few $20 sets to draw people in better. And to make the wave cheaper overall...this is a great theme & I feel of folks are missing out because the prices turn them away. 

5 hours ago, Vindicare said:

Totally. Given the limited availability too, you’d think they’d make it more appetizing by offering a few $20 sets to draw people in better. And to make the wave cheaper overall...this is a great theme & I feel of folks are missing out because the prices turn them away. 

I mean I buy lots of lego and I didn’t get any of the sets yet. I find them interesting (the look) but again it’s vehicles and I am more into buildings. But I did buy all the minifigs from B&P