1 hour ago, Robert8 said:

Now that I think about it, the only Monkey Kid set that isnt a vehicle is the BrickHeadz, right?

:look:

Bull king is just a large brick built figure, but yeah other than him it’s all vehicles, even if some of the vehicles pull double duty as a base or have environments as side builds. 

Now that I think about it, the only Monkey Kid set that isnt a vehicle is the BrickHeadz, right?

:look:

I suppose, but that's only if you don't take into account the non-vehicle components of sets like the White Dragon Horse Bike, Inferno Truck, and Monkey King Warrior Mech (all three of which are much more substantial than the side builds you'd typically get with a vehicle in a theme like Ninjago).

I guess those prices came from a YouTuber, but there’s no way that’s true. Cloud Jet is $60, has 4 minifigs & 529 pieces. There’s no way a bigfig adds that much to a set. I just can’t see that, despite the price of some of the current sets. 

Here are my thoughts on the new sets:

The Flaming Foundry: The sets ok and you get Red Son, Princess Iron Fan and the Demon Bull King, but I wish the base had a regular entrance instead of a truck and a pre cyborg Demon Bull King.

Monkie Kid's Cloud Roadster: I wish the Horned Brothers had an actual vehicle instead of an after thought vehicle, the roadsters ok and the Brothers are good.

Sandy's Speedboat: The Spider Queens good, her cave is tiny and Sandy's boat is just ok.

Over all the new waves ok, but I think the first wave was better, the lack of city buildings, the Brothers having a vehicle thats made of spare parts, the Spider Queen not getting a proper cave and the foundry having a truck for an entrance, just make this wave ok.

Edited by Dr.Cogg

10 hours ago, mrfang2 said:

Now that I think about it, the only Monkey Kid set that isnt a vehicle is the BrickHeadz, right

Yeah, Monkie Kid could definitely benefit from some more Location-based sets. Like some sort of Big Temple set or something like that. 

Why is LEGO so obsessed with having vehicles only in their current original themes? Are location-based sets just not selling well or something? 

5 minutes ago, Lego David said:

Yeah, Monkie Kid could definitely benefit from some more Location-based sets. Like some sort of Big Temple set or something like that. 

Why is LEGO so obsessed with having vehicles only in their current original themes? Are location-based sets just not selling well or something? 

That what I think.... 

But Ninjago has some location-based sets. And so does Hidden Side

This Monkey Kid seems to be more similar to Nexo Knights in that regard. In NK even the castle was a freaking vehicle

That what I think.... 

But Ninjago has some location-based sets. And so does Hidden Side

This Monkey Kid seems to be more similar to Nexo Knights in that regard. In NK even the castle was a freaking vehicle

Nexo Knights had Merlok’s Library 2.0. and Jestro’s Volcano Lair. And in year 2 Lance Vs. Lightning was a location set, sort of, and we had Knighton Castle. 

23 minutes ago, Fenghuang0296 said:

Nexo Knights had Merlok’s Library 2.0. and Jestro’s Volcano Lair. And in year 2 Lance Vs. Lightning was a location set, sort of, and we had Knighton Castle. 

True, especially Knighton Castle and Volcano Lair were fantastic, but the majority was still vehicles, but another big difference compared to Monkie Kid it also had a lot of €10 / €20 sets.
One thing I miss from Monkie Kid are small  €10 sets with generic figures, however Ultimate versions of characters would've been nice as well.

I'm likely biased toward locations as I did collect most of Nexo Knights so I got a lot of vehicles already due to that.

Now , that doesn't mean Monkie Kid sets/vehicles/mechs are bad, I just don't see the big must-have myself at full price, when considering that I have the mechs/vehicles from Nexo already.

Still, if the foundry sometime would hit a discount, I'm interested for sure.

1 hour ago, Lego David said:

Ninjago hopefully keeps the change of scenery with more location sets, even that big Rhino or skeleton Dragon is still different from a Mech, Jet or Wheeled thing, and the actual location sets have no vehicles included at all.

Hidden Side had some nice locations without vehicles as well.

Of course, I'd love to see a Monkie Kid location set, instead of just being side builds, a larger version of those asian-themed shops would be nice.

Edited by TeriXeri

3 hours ago, Robert8 said:

The fact that NK didn't get any proper location sets during wave 1, but got the Volcano Lair and the Knighton Castle later down the line, makes me think that Monkie Kid might also get some sort of big Temple/Lair/Castle in later waves. But still, no guarantee. 

It's funny how a set that isn't even part of the main line of sets ends up being the most affordable one... 

1 hour ago, Lego David said:

It's funny how a set that isn't even part of the main line of sets ends up being the most affordable one... 

And Im surprised that thing doesnt have wheels

13 hours ago, Lego David said:

The fact that NK didn't get any proper location sets during wave 1, but got the Volcano Lair and the Knighton Castle later down the line, makes me think that Monkie Kid might also get some sort of big Temple/Lair/Castle in later waves. But still, no guarantee. 

I think a temple is guaranteed especially considering that Lego is trying to appeal to the Chinese with this theme. 

Edited by LOTR34

16 minutes ago, LOTR34 said:

I think a temple is guaranteed especially considering that Lego is trying to appeal to the Chinese with this theme. 

I think there's a lot more to China than temples... not to say we couldn't ever get one, but saying that because the theme is based on China there'll have to be a temple is like saying that because Hidden Side is based on America there has to be a church.

2 minutes ago, Lyichir said:

I think there's a lot more to China than temples... not to say we couldn't ever get one, but saying that because the theme is based on China there'll have to be a temple is like saying that because Hidden Side is based on America there has to be a church.

I'm well aware :hmpf_bad: I just used an obvious example. And I certainly wouldn't mind a decrepit haunted church set for HD, even though I know that Lego will never make such a set. 

The vehicle build for The Flaming Foundry reminds me too much of The Iron Bull Tank and Red Son's Inferno Truck. It almost feels like those vehicles are kind of pointless, as most kids won't want to buy 3 vehicles that look really similar.

An Iron Bull Flying Fortress with air vehicles or an underwater base with boats or submarines would have provided more variety for bad guy vehicles.

I like that with one purchase you have the entire Iron Bull family with the Foundry though.

Shame none of the new sets have Tang (the guy with glasses in the show) I would have preferred him to Uncle Zhang, who looks like every other Lego City minifigure.

Just now, Killian said:

I like that with one purchase you have the entire Iron Bull family with the Foundry though.

Shame none of the new sets have Tang (the guy with glasses in the show) I would have preferred him to Uncle Zhang, who looks like every other Lego City minifigure.

Yep, which is why the Fortress is the only Bull themed set I’m going to get. (Plus, I don’t know why everyone’s dumping on the Flaming Foundry, I think it looks awesome! I’ll easily skip the giant Bull Demon, Donkey Kong Tank (I cannot be the only one who saw the barrel launching mechanism and thought Donkey Kong) and Red Son Truck in favour of the Foundry. 

Honestly I haven’t seen the show yet, but I’ve been working from the assumption that Tang is just Red Son in disguise and that’s why we don’t have him. Red Son has glasses on one side of his head after all. 

2 hours ago, LOTR34 said:

The part of the theme is meant to appeal to the chinese are the minifigures and the storyline

Because other than that, I don't see how a theme full of vehicles and mechs is any different from Ninjago or Nexo Knights is terms of appeal to the Chinese customers. Unless people pilot a huge mech to go the convenience store in China, I don't anything "chinese" on the builds themselves

This is why I expected more locations sets when this was first announced. 

41 minutes ago, Fenghuang0296 said:

Yep, which is why the Fortress is the only Bull themed set I’m going to get. (Plus, I don’t know why everyone’s dumping on the Flaming Foundry, I think it looks awesome! I’ll easily skip the giant Bull Demon, Donkey Kong Tank (I cannot be the only one who saw the barrel launching mechanism and thought Donkey Kong) and Red Son Truck in favour of the Foundry. 

Honestly I haven’t seen the show yet, but I’ve been working from the assumption that Tang is just Red Son in disguise and that’s why we don’t have him. Red Son has glasses on one side of his head after all. 

Nah, they appear together in a scene near the end. We just... haven't gotten him yet. Which is weird (since I would have expected him to come in this wave), but hopefully he'll appear in a set before long.

Personally I don't mind that the bull vehicles look similar; it helps to tie them together as a faction. They still have pretty distinct designs, just like how various construction equipment in the City theme can look distinct even while sharing similar vehicular builds and yellow color schemes. Of course, I never really planned on getting all of them in the first place.

It is nice that the Foundry allows you to get all three members of the Iron Bull Family, especially for people who might've sat out the first wave and want to catch up on the villains from those sets.

3 hours ago, Robert8 said:

I don't anything "chinese" on the builds themselves

Those little side builds included with Red Sun's Inferno Truck and the Monkey King Warrior Mech (the Panda Store and MK's Apartment) do look Chinese enough though. So there is certainly some Chinese influence with the designs, but because it's limited to the side builds only, it's quite limited. 

52 minutes ago, Lego David said:

Those little side builds included with Red Sun's Inferno Truck and the Monkey King Warrior Mech (the Panda Store and MK's Apartment) do look Chinese enough though. So there is certainly some Chinese influence with the designs, but because it's limited to the side builds only, it's quite limited. 

Can we get one set - just one - that’s just a building like that with no big vehicle attached to it?

43 minutes ago, Fenghuang0296 said:

Can we get one set - just one - that’s just a building like that with no big vehicle attached to it?

I'm pretty sure that will come out sooner or later. :wink:

Something I was working on today! I'd seen someone on Facebook with the idea but it took me a while to figure out a way to do it I was happy with. My goal was to require minimal modification but to connect securely (currently the jet just rests on it with gravity but if you wanted it more swooshable you could swap the blue axle-pins for grey pins or black friction pins).

13 minutes ago, Lyichir said:
Something I was working on today! I'd seen someone on Facebook with the idea but it took me a while to figure out a way to do it I was happy with. My goal was to require minimal modification but to connect securely (currently the jet just rests on it with gravity but if you wanted it more swooshable you could swap the blue axle-pins for grey pins or black friction pins).

Dude! This is awesome! I’d already decided against getting either of those sets but now I really want to just so that I can recreate this! Quick suggestion; have you considered trying to order a second sticker sheet for the Jet from LEGO so that you can apply the stickers on the engine cowling and fins to the underside as well so it doesn’t look so plain?

Next get two of the Cloud Roadster and turn them into rollerskates for the mech!