The polybag Build your own Monkey King, 40474, has shown up on IG. Weak parts assortment, but it is a cheap way to get the gold bar piece.

4 hours ago, gedren_y said:

The polybag Build your own Monkey King, 40474, has shown up on IG. Weak parts assortment, but it is a cheap way to get the gold bar piece.

Easy pass for me. 

That said I won't turn it down if it's a free gift with purchase

The horn demons are the highlights here. Demon bull king looks adorable, but overall the builds feel lackluster

Edited by HarryVader

Okay, these look cool! Sandy’s Speedboat is bulkier than I expected, but it’s still fun. Though I was really hoping for more of a terrain build for the Spider Queen  . . 
I like the Cloud Roadster as well. I won’t get it because I don’t know what I’d do with it, but it has lovely parts and shaping and some really gorgeous prints that I might get on B&P for MOCs.

The Flaming Foundry looks like a Criss between Garmadon’s Dark Fortress in 2011 and the Fortrex and it’s cool! I was really expecting it to be mobile, though, and I’m not sure I see the point of having the truck ‘dock’ with it like that.

7 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

There really isn't a whole lot of new stuff is there? Literally all figures in the large set are reused....

That’s a good thing! It means there’s no pressure for collectors to shell out on the wave 1 sets sets. Previously I’d have needed to get either Red Son’s Truck or the Cloud Jet, the Demon Bull King Mech, the Monkey King Mech, and the Secret HQ for a full complement of characters. Now we can assemble the entire cast between the Monkey King Mech, the Flaming Foundry, Sandy’s Speedboat and the Cloud Roadster. And honestly I won’t have any qualms about skipping the Cloud Roadster and the ‘Horn Demons’, or the Mech with Monkey King and General Ironbark.

Now let’s hope the prices for these three sets turn out to be more reasonable than the existing ones.

The villains are the stand outs for me!

All of them look great. Love the horned demons and the Spider Queen :pir-love:

I still think these are too much sets being released at once, and some of them look very similar to each other

Edited by Robert8

The series 20 Breakdancer’s torso is reused in the middle sized set. This trend of reusing pieces is only making CMFs feeling less and less special.  :/

42 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

The villains are the stand outs for me!

All of them look great. Love the horned demons and the Spider Queen :pir-love:

I still think these are too much sets being released at once, and some of them look very similar to each other

Do they? We really haven't had any sets like Sandy's Speedboat, and the Cloud Roadster, while sticking to a similar aesthetic as the Cloud Jet, is very much its own thing. Even the Foundry is very much different from the smaller truck, tank, and outpost from the earlier sets... it's more like a full-fledged mobile fortress like the Fortrex from Nexo Knights. On that note, this theme isn't much bigger than Nexo Knights itself was in its debut year, and arguably offers a wider range of different subject matter.

The foundry certainly isn't bad, so far it's my favorite set of the theme.

Edited by TeriXeri

Like most, those demons are fantastic, as is the Spider Queen. I’m not entirely in love with the Speed Boat(not that that has really stopped me from buying sets). But I really want Sandy & Mo, so I’m sold on that set. 

This theme is quite the knock out...in many ways. The sets are great, minifigs are amazing, new parts & prints are top notch. And it’s also going to be quite the knock out to out wallets. 

That Cloud Roadster has an interesting new cloud part, four of them in the thruster. And those 'demons' would be good for both sci-fi and fantasy. Sandy's Speedboat has the cloud part as well. Both will be on my to purchase list.

2 hours ago, Soupperson1 said:

The series 20 Breakdancer’s torso is reused in the middle sized set. This trend of reusing pieces is only making CMFs feeling less and less special.  :/

That's crappy

And maybe that's why they are including more and more City characters in each CMF wave, so they can reuse their parts in City or Hidden Side or Monkey Kid and save some money

Cheap AF

Hold on. I thought we didn’t have confirmed prices yet, but @just2good did a video where he said Sandy’s Speedboat is $60 USD, the Cloud Roadster is $70 and the Flaming Foundry is $140 (which is actually thankfully reasonable, given it has about 1,450 pieces). Can anyone corroborate?

13 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

That's crappy

And maybe that's why they are including more and more City characters in each CMF wave, so they can reuse their parts in City or Hidden Side or Monkey Kid and save some money

Cheap AF

Yeah, I can see why that’s upsetting. Though personally, as someone who doesn’t collect CMFs, I can’t much complain as it just means more interesting designs and less repeats of the same few torsos and unprinted legs in other sets. 

19 minutes ago, Fenghuang0296 said:

Hold on. I thought we didn’t have confirmed prices yet, but @just2good did a video where he said Sandy’s Speedboat is $60 USD, the Cloud Roadster is $70 and the Flaming Foundry is $140 (which is actually thankfully reasonable, given it has about 1,450 pieces). Can anyone corroborate?

Yeah, I saw that too. I have no idea where those prices are from. Even the sources he links in his video don't have any prices. He could just know through his connections, but then it's also weird that no one else is saying that either.

Beyond that, I like these sets. I thought the cloud dragster would be a boring build, but it looks great! I'm not going to get it l, but I'm impressed. Sandy's speedboat looks nice to me, I like the more unique build, and the spider queen minifigure is really good. I'm slightly peeved they didn't include pigsy's pitchfork though. The flaming foundry is kind of disappointing. I don't like how the mini demon bull king looks, the head especially, and the base feels kind of empty. The only one of these I'm considering is the speedboat, but much less so of that $60 price is right.

Those horned demons and the spider queen look great.  Definitely getting some of these sets.  

I was really hoping the overpriced sets trend wouldn't continue with wave 2... but here we are. Sandy's Speedboat has 394 pieces for 60$... *huh* That's by far the most overpriced set of the entire theme. 

The other two sets have more okay-ish price per part ratios, but still don't really feel like worth it. 

The Cloud Roadster is just another ridiculously oversized vehicle, (altough the demon figures are really nice) and the Flaming Foundry looks surprisingly bland, with a unappealing color scheme and all the figures being reused. 

Overall, I am quite disappointed with this wave. 

9 hours ago, Lego David said:

I was really hoping the overpriced sets trend wouldn't continue with wave 2... but here we are. Sandy's Speedboat has 394 pieces for 60$... *huh* That's by far the most overpriced set of the entire theme. 

The other two sets have more okay-ish price per part ratios, but still don't really feel like worth it. 

Agreed that the price is the main factor that keeps me away from this, and even while the larger sets have a decent price/part ratio and some use larger pieces, the fact they don't get discounts when exclusive to LEGO's own store still matters quite a lot compared to themes like Hidden Side or Ninjago that run alongside it.

And while LEGO.com does get discounts, it usually happened mainly with themes they wanted to get rid of asap, which was mainly the case with end-of-life sets, or a really short-life theme like LEGO Movie 2 sets (and even then, TLM2 sets got 50% off at other retailers).

Some Ninjago Season 13 sets already are reaching nice discounts here and were priced very well to begin with, so for me that just appeals a lot more.

LEGO of course does have VIP points and Gift-with-purchase but that still hardly compares to a straight 20-40% off.

I will still look at the Foundry, but at €120-140 full price that's a bit much, even while that's very comparable to the pricing of the Fortrex/Knighton Castle (€110 1100 pieces / €140 1400 pieces), but both were sold with discount.

Edited by TeriXeri

A big meh from me.

80016:Looks like a mess :wacko: And I find it funny that the only exclusive figure in this set is a generic construction worker :grin:

80015:The vehicle looks hideous,especially those wheels :sick: The bad guy vehicle is no different,the only good things out of this set are the MK face print that thus far was only available in the two most expensive sets and the horn demons which look really cool.

80016:I was looking foward seeing the spider queen and now that I did I find her design disappointing :sceptic: 

Overall I'll be skipping this wave.If this is the direction of this theme then color me disappointed.I see no improvments from the previous wave.There are still no cheaper and easily accessible sets it seems Lego is insistant on releasing overpriced sets and I hope this bites them in the megablocks.And finally even though the setting of this theme is different the design of the sets makes this theme yet another Ninjago clone.

Edited by LOTR34

1 minute ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Do we know the prices for those 3 new sets?

Sandy's Speedboat - 60$

Cloud Roadster - 70$

Flaming Foundry - 140$

10 minutes ago, Lego David said:

Sandy's Speedboat - 60$

Cloud Roadster - 70$

Flaming Foundry - 140$

Well, more overpriced sets. Yay.

I really like the first one and I even thought about buying it, but I'm definitely not buying that for this price.

Now that I think about it, the only Monkey Kid set that isnt a vehicle is the BrickHeadz, right?

:look: