8 hours ago, Lordofdragonss said:

Almost all of this sets have so many unnecesary bricks used as a detailing it doesn't help the price, haha

What makes bricks "unnecessary"? I feel like the details of a lot of these sets are a big part of what makes them stand out. The attention to details like AC units, signage, and other ornamental decoration on the larger sets is on par with sets like Ninjago City or Welcome to Apocalypseburg. You could probably cut the price of some of the largest sets by omittlng a lot of that, but I'd worry that without that "wow factor", the theme might get a lot less attention, especially from people unfamiliar with the Monkey King legend. And the smaller sets like the Cloud Jet, Iron Bull Tank, and Dragon Horse Bike don't have that many sub-builds or extraneous details to cut out in the first place—which is one part of why I feel like the pricing of those may have less to do with the actual contents of the sets themselves and more to do with the strain COVID-19 has put on Lego's manufacturing and distribution networks.

19 hours ago, LOTR34 said:

I dunno 100€ for the bull is too much I reckon,if it was 70 or 80 € that would be acceptable.

I guess that's Greece for you. It's €84.99 on S@H here.

Edited by Lucarex

On 5/29/2020 at 7:13 PM, Lyichir said:

What makes bricks "unnecessary"? I feel like the details of a lot of these sets are a big part of what makes them stand out.

I don't like how a lot of the modern sets pack in too much detail into a rather small build, bumping up the price a lot for a rather small set. I'd much rather have bigger builds that use less pieces rather than very small builds that use a lot of pieces.

Does anyone have an idea about if and when these sets might become available to retailers outside of the Lego Store or Lego S@H?

1 hour ago, Odin said:

Does anyone have an idea about if and when these sets might become available to retailers outside of the Lego Store or Lego S@H?

Since they are listed under the filter , "Exclusive Items", I doubt they'll hit regular retail soon.

But I have seen sets appear on other websites after a while (many above LEGO's set price however).

Edited by TeriXeri

They're intended for the Chinese market. If it weren't for the new rules on region exclusivity they've introduced this year, this theme probably wouldn't even be sold outside of China at all :shrug_oh_well: They could be underestimating how well the theme would do in the rest of the world, but I don't think they would make such a decision lightly. Maybe us adults care more about it than Western kids would

3 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

They're intended for the Chinese market. If it weren't for the new rules on region exclusivity they've introduced this year, this theme probably wouldn't even be sold outside of China at all :shrug_oh_well: 

I see the Dragon Boat Race just retired yesterday, that was the first set of the new policy.

11 minutes ago, TeriXeri said:

I see the Dragon Boat Race just retired yesterday, that was the first set of the new policy.

Oh, you're right :blush: I forgot this rule was already set in place last year

First two episodes of Monkie Kid are out in chinese. I think the animation is great but I cannot understand one bit. 

There's two demon brothers in the intro and a demon spider lady. I wonder if we get them next year... 

Edited by Harkonen

19 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

They're intended for the Chinese market. If it weren't for the new rules on region exclusivity they've introduced this year, this theme probably wouldn't even be sold outside of China at all :shrug_oh_well: They could be underestimating how well the theme would do in the rest of the world, but I don't think they would make such a decision lightly. Maybe us adults care more about it than Western kids would

After watching the first two episodes I think the series has potential, not as a good lego series. But as a GOOD animated series. Which is above all the lego shows we got. The animation is 10/10. I wish I knew chinese though so I could understand what they were saying. 

Edited by Harkonen

4 minutes ago, Odin said:

Do you have a link?

I can't post it here. 

Edited by Harkonen

9 hours ago, Harkonen said:

First two episodes of Monkie Kid are out in chinese. I think the animation is great but I cannot understand one bit. 

There's two demon brothers in the intro and a demon spider lady. I wonder if we get them next year... 

Good to know! Perhaps we should make a topic in the LEGO Media thread to discuss the show, like Ninjago does and Nexo Knights/Chima did.

EDIT: Nevermind, didn't realize it was up! Looking forward to this show and seeing how the writing compares to Ninjago.

Edited by legozebra

Hopefully the videos will be posted in English shortly. Really should have gone up simultaneously given the theme is (at least officially) a worldwide release :hmpf_bad:

Edited by Lucarex

1591158657214.jpg

Can anyone recognize them? 

Yeah, they are bad guys. I never knew there is a bad Monkey King too. 

1591159520941.jpg

Edited by Harkonen

Ok, it seems the villains are:

>Gold and Silver brothers

>Ox King

>Six Eared Macaque

>Spider demons

Edited by Harkonen

I found this tweet by Simon Lucas about three Chinese streaming platforms that offer Monkie Kid, but I know they can also be found on YouTube. 

Edited by Odin

I just built Red Son's Inferno Truck.  It's great!  It gives off a Nexo Knights vibe, right down to the trans-neon orange styling.  It reminds me of an updated version of Jestro's Headquarters.  I didn't think anything could distract me from Nexo Knights, but I am thinking maybe I should give this Monkie Kid a try...if only because I can cannibalize the parts later for Nexo builds.

Built the Cloud Jet today. It was an absolute joy to build. It may have some to do with it reminding me of stuff I’ve seen in anime, but it was a lot of fun. The personalization of the instructions were great, I loved every bit of them. The color scheme is fantastic & the shape of the vehicle is awesome(nothing like Ninjago). Monkie Kid is an equally great looking minifig. His prints & new parts are fun. I’m now an even bigger fan of this theme.