Shame for those prices,they'll probably impact the sales in a bad way.And I want this theme to be successful,it has potential.

Edited by LOTR34

I am glad that the prices for Europe are at least somewhat cheaper than the US prices. Still high but not as bad as some earlier rumours suggested

Edited by Metanoios91

There all very expensive but I digress since I'm aiming for only one set.(Food Truck).

Also I'm not sure if someone pointed this out before but when I saw pigsy, he has medium short legs that was introduced in harry potter line. 

Edited by AMD

14 minutes ago, AMD said:

Also I'm not sure if someone pointed this out before but when I saw pigsy, he has medium short legs that was introduced in harry potter line. 

Huh you're right I didn't notice this detail before.

16 minutes ago, Metanoios91 said:

I am glad that the prices for Europe are at least somewhat cheaper than the US prices. Still high but not as bad as some earlier rumours suggested

I was pleasantly suprised that those sets are cheaper in Europe.

22 minutes ago, AMD said:

There all very expensive but I digress since I'm aiming for only one set.(Food Truck).

The interesting part is the print on them in a normal set (Demon Bull King 80010). Let's hope this continues for that piece in other themes as well

s80010_Prod.jpg

11 minutes ago, LOTR34 said:

Do we know if this theme is a Lego store exclusive or will those sets be available worldwide in different toy stores?

Pretty sure it’s a lego store exclusive for the time being 

I am seriously worried about this theme's sales. The ridicuously high prices, the competition with Ninjago, and the COVID-19 pandemic, are all going against this theme being successful. If this "big bang" theme ends up flopping right from the start, it could end up being the nail in the coffin for Non-Ninjago original themes. 

Edited by Lego David

10 minutes ago, Lego David said:

I am seriously worried about this theme's sales. The ridicuously high prices, the competition with Ninjago, and the COVID-19 pandemic, are all going against this theme being successful. If this "big bang" theme ends up flopping right from the start, it could end up being the nail in the coffin for Non-Ninjago original themes. 

That's exactly what I was thinking. If it succeeds, then good for LEGO to continue in 2021. If it flops then at least it had some good sets that surprised us.

In regards to COVID-19 in China, some of the stores are re-opening and most if not all of their LEGO stores there are still open so there is a possible chance that it will succeed.

Edited by AMD

1 minute ago, Lego David said:

I am seriously worried about this theme's sales. If this "big bang" theme ends up flopping right from the start, it could end up being the nail in the coffin for Non-Ninjago original themes. 

Is Monkey Kid not simply LEGO's attempt at capturing the Chinese market?  I imagine the only coffin it would nail shut is LEGO expanding to other markets, and even then given that this is their first real attempt I doubt they would give up so easily.  I also don't think western prices are indicative of how successful the theme will be in its native market, LEGO probably doesn't really care if these sale in western markets all that much.  They may even be on the pricier side specifically because LEGO didn't intend these to be sold much outside of China, and are only really making them available worldwide to satisfy fan demands after the first couple China-exclusive sets.

The sets look nice, but not something that interest me (much like ninjago)..

A pig that is eating a hot-dog, do that make him a cannibal :pir-wink:

I hate pearl gold and thought to myself how do they make the pearl gold look so good in the 80012 Monkey King Warrior Mech. Then I read
http://www.newelementary.com/2020/05/lego-monkie-king-new-theme-revealed.html#more
And found out it has 119 elements in Metallic Gold! *huh* , so now I can hopefully get some cheap ingots later :grin:

Problem for me is the prices only start getting good above my budget. I'd love to support this theme, the character and build designs are A+, but I'm not in a great position to do so.

58 minutes ago, Roebuck said:

A pig that is eating a hot-dog, do that make him a cannibal :pir-wink:

Not all hot dogs contain pork.

I collected Nexo Knights so I am fairly saturated on mechs and vehicle sets, I'd rather get those small shops seperately instead.

Also this being LEGO exclusive means high prices with no discounts (and those listed Euro prices can still be higher as they often are in some countries)

On paper, the price/part ratios aren't that terrible for the larger sets, but most of the sets are large, also consider getting 20-40% off on sets outside of LEGO.com, and it starts to make a huge difference.

Also lots of stickers to get the sets their Anime/Cartoonish looks.

My favorite set would be the polybag to be honest.

Not hating on this theme or the sets, but personally I am leaning towards the Ninjago Summer sets instead + the Barracuda Bay & Creator 3-in-1 sets I still want to get this year.

Chinese New Year sets like Dragon Boat Race,  Lion Dance and Temple Fair were well worth 100% of the price so I'd rather buy more of those if they make more.

Edited by TeriXeri

With Monkey Kid (sorry not sorry, I'm gonna spell it with ey) officially revealed, I guess we can now officially call 2020 the year of the ships, just like 2019 was the year of the spaceships.  So many spaceships last year!  And so many ships this year.  Barracuda Bay, 3-in-1 Pirate Ship, Destiny's Bounty, Marine Research Ship, and Monkey Kid container ship.  They're all great models, but mostly out of my budget, even though they're all priced quite reasonably according to parts count (except for the Marine Research Ship, but it has two huge floating hulls so it gets a pass on parts count).

Edit, plus the AT-AT (land ship) and Passenger Airplane (air ship) (which are not so reasonably priced according to parts count, and also probably out of my budget).

Edit, plus the Helicarrier (air ship)!

Edited by icm

16 minutes ago, icm said:

With Monkey Kid (sorry not sorry, I'm gonna spell it with ey) officially revealed, I guess we can now officially call 2020 the year of the ships, just like 2019 was the year of the spaceships.  So many spaceships last year!  And so many ships this year.  Barracuda Bay, 3-in-1 Pirate Ship, Destiny's Bounty, Marine Research Ship, and Monkey Kid container ship. 

Also a Friends boat is coming out with set 41433.

These prices and the sets being Lego store exclusive put me off. The trailer for the show is good though, I will watch the show when it's out. Oh well, it seems this year I will buy only Transformers and G. I. Joe then. 

Edited by Harkonen

I really like these sets, a lot of love and a lot of thought went in to these. It’s a nice take on the Journey story that hopefully the Western market will embrace. I love the alternate use of Metalbeard’s beard, among the new pieces and colours.

I don’t get why there’s so few....one....cheaper set, and even that one seems overpriced a bit. The Monkey King Battle Mech seems like a decent value, 6 minifigs & 1,629 parts. Unfortunately, the Cloud Jet is a bit on the overpriced to me. I’m gonna look at some other themes to compare, but relating it to HP...it’s whacky. HP has had multiple $20 sets that are fantastic & the higher priced sets have been equally fantastic values. 

Is this the first time a playset theme hasn't had sets in the low price range? Seems odd that (besides the 1 polybag) the two cheapest sets are $35 and $50.

Why release today... and store exclusive means no discount and the price .... I would defiantly buy some of the sets but given haunted houses and Harry Potter ... will probably need to wait and see

31 minutes ago, badchriss said:

Are there any news on when these sets will arrive in Europe Lego stores?

They'll be available worldwide tomorrow.

Those gold parts on the kid's staff are just begging to be made in silver for Darth Maul ?

That aside, these look pretty solid. Not really my thing, but I might pick up the demon mech, that one looks sick.