16 hours ago, brimbolet said:

https://twitter.com/simonlucas80/status/1257927707666587648

I am surprised that they have been working on this for 2 whole years, though i suppose designing the sets themselves was much faster. How long did they need for Hidden Side (including the app), which will be replaced so quickly? I hope that Monkie Kid will stay with us for a longer period, the leaks looked very promising.

2 years is normal. Chima was supposed to replace Ninjago but Ninjago stayed in the end.

Why are those sets so pricey though?It's an original theme not a licensed one after all.

And btw isn't there one more set we haven't seen?The so called "Monkey Kid delivery motorcycle".

5 minutes ago, LOTR34 said:

Why are those sets so pricey though?It's an original theme not a licensed one after all.

And btw isn't there one more set we haven't seen?The so called "Monkey Kid delivery motorcycle".

We don’t have confirmed prices yet, those are Hong Kong prices, it’ll probably be cheaper elsewhere.

And oh yeah, there was supposed to be a 4+ set . . that’s odd.

23 minutes ago, Fenghuang0296 said:

We don’t have confirmed prices yet, those are Hong Kong prices,

Well, I looked at the prices from that Hungarian website, and the prices there seemed to be about the same as the Hong Kong ones...

A price increase on this theme will be a big mistake by LEGO, as there's no reasonable way to justify it and it will impact sales.

20 minutes ago, Lego David said:

Well, I looked at the prices from that Hungarian website, and the prices there seemed to be about the same as the Hong Kong ones...

LEGO is not sold "officially" in Hungary, so the sets have quite a large markup (20-30%). It's the same for all Balkan countries. For example, in Serbia, this set: https://brickset.com/sets/71712-1/Empire-Temple-of-Madness is sold for 100e (official price is 80e). The same company owns the monobrand stores in Hungary, Croatia, Slovenia and Serbia. What this hopefully means is that you can take off 20% of the prices listed and get an accurate feeling of the prices of the sets.

Edit: Just noticed you're from Romania, so you should know what I'm talking about :D

Edited by Dardanel

19 minutes ago, Lucarex said:

A price increase on this theme will be a big mistake by LEGO, as there's no reasonable way to justify it and it will impact sales.

Yea introducing a brand new theme with such high prices(for an action theme) is definitely not a wise idea.

15 hours ago, Dardanel said:

LEGO is not sold "officially" in Hungary, so the sets have quite a large markup (20-30%). It's the same for all Balkan countries. For example, in Serbia, this set: https://brickset.com/sets/71712-1/Empire-Temple-of-Madness is sold for 100e (official price is 80e). The same company owns the monobrand stores in Hungary, Croatia, Slovenia and Serbia. What this hopefully means is that you can take off 20% of the prices listed and get an accurate feeling of the prices of the sets.

Edit: Just noticed you're from Romania, so you should know what I'm talking about :D

That would make sense from what you are saying.  I think you will be right in the end when we actually see the prices.  Hopefully we will see the prices soon so I can budget my lego expenses this year there are so many sets that I would like to get I don't know if I can get them all.  

Looks like there's going to be one of those giant minifig head containers for this theme.

4 hours ago, gedren_y said:

Looks like there's going to be one of those giant minifig head containers for this theme.

Interesting as this is a first for a theme I think? Often thought LEGO missed a trick here, Ninjago especially, but then I remember a retailer who did custom storage work with Billund telling me once that these heads didn’t sell very well.

But MK execution looks awful as just a red splotch across the eyes, assume there’ll be no actual headband (the box art conveniently or deliberately hides that) -after all, the minifig headband is part of the actual hair/headpiece which these giant container heads don’t have, just “naked” with stud.

Looks like the sets are already making their way to official LEGO stores; @just2good seems to have discovered some already. Hoping this means that tomorrow’s announcement means sets are coming out in the next few days!

1 hour ago, legozebra said:

Looks like the sets are already making their way to official LEGO stores; @just2good seems to have discovered some already. Hoping this means that tomorrow’s announcement means sets are coming out in the next few days!

That's great news.Hopefully those sets won't be Lego store exclusives.

33 minutes ago, Soupperson1 said:

Can anyone who’s seen the sets in store verify their retail prices?

From the 3rd person who went with J2G or MandR reported they were as high as originally anticipated. The Boat HQ was $170

53 minutes ago, LegendsOfNinjago said:

From the 3rd person who went with J2G or MandR reported they were as high as originally anticipated. The Boat HQ was $170

Oh my god if those set prices are actually that high, i still can’t believe that the smallest set is $35. 

Edited by HalfBloodPrince

The only reason I could see these sets being so high is if the sets have a ton of prints.

Edited by Dr.Cogg

2 hours ago, LegendsOfNinjago said:

Ouch, if that's the case, then I guess I won't be buying as many as I thought I would...

They aren't too terrible for value, they've got the parts for sure, and their size works out ok, it's just that there are so many more large sets than cheap ones that it gets hard to get more than a couple of sets. Seriously, we need more small sets in general, I think they can have a ton of value for their size. But, here we are, 3 sets that cost more that $100 dollars in one wave.

Oh geez, that’s a big shame - they’re such quality sets too on par with Ninjago Movie level sets. I wonder what’s the strategy with pricing here. I know sets are much more expensive retail in Asia/China when converting to USD; perhaps LEGO priced the sets for that market first and used those as a metric for conversion?

Hahaha that means the prices will be even higher in some places and retailers. Lego wtf?

Edited by Lordofdragonss

no the prices are probably normal

I calculated the hungarian prices a few pages back into Euro and at least on that basis the sets have standard prices. Not Ninjago cheap but pretty standard.

As people said; if you recalculate prices from a region where theres 20-30% increase back to dollar - then it's always gonna be like this.

And if we go further: for example people say Lego is cheaper in the US. No - some sets are, some arent. City and Creator sets are mostly cheaper in Germany. SW is more expensive in Germany. It's complicated.

Lego is literally doing everything to not sell these sets outside China. In my country even 10€ make an incredible difference in prices. So I will only buy harry potter sets and never even consider buying monkie kid with those prices. If they were priced normally(-20%) I would buy all of them without a doubt.